Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

It's hard to play well in rain and cold. But at least you're playing!

We've been below 32 with 3" of snow on the ground for a week... it got to 34 today, and supposed to be warmer for a few days. Hopefully it melts enough to sneak in a round or two before we get more snow next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Saturday: 41/50:91 with a birdie on par 5 #8. Scattered rain throughout.

Today: 11:30 tee time 46*.....I shot twin 47's......ugh. Great drives screwed up by approach irons too short.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I've been coming up short a bunch this time of year as well ", so here is what I've done to help fix, I got tired of coming up short every hole, so I would pull the club that I thought it was, so if I have 150, I think 8 iron, but instead of hitting the 8 iron I will add another club and hit 7i, for 150 yards 8 iron is already an extra club this time of year for me, so essentially i am adding 2 clubs for the shot, and I am really starting to hit a lot of greens. Do this until you start blowing it over the greens, then back off a club, but it has helped me a lot the last couple months.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I've been coming up short a bunch this time of year as well ", so here is what I've done to help fix, I got tired of coming up short every hole, so I would pull the club that I thought it was, so if I have 150, I think 8 iron, but instead of hitting the 8 iron I will add another club and hit 7i, for 150 yards 8 iron is already an extra club this time of year for me, so essentially i am adding 2 clubs for the shot, and I am really starting to hit a lot of greens. Do this until you start blowing it over the greens, then back off a club, but it has helped me a lot the last couple months.

Great advice!  Not only is the ball flying shorter in the colder air, but for us old guys the body just doesn't respond well to colder temps.  The additional layers of clothing doesn't help either.  It's very difficult to pull more club when you know that just a few months ago, it would have put the ball off the back.  But do it anyway!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

You are right. The winter air is denser, we generally have some wind that is now biting and wrapped up in 3 layers. Going up 2 clubs is hard psychologically so we maybe go up one and swing harder with the topped ball going lord knows where.

WITB - :taylormade-small:

Driver - TaylorMade M2 - Stiff flex / 12.5*

3 & 7 Wood - TaylorMade M2

6i -Gap - TaylorMade M4- Stiff flex

Wedges - TaylorMade ATV 55* & 60*

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Right Handed Neutral lie on all clubs

You are right. The winter are is denser, we generally have some wind that is now biting and wrapped up in 3 layers. Going up 2 clubs is hard psychologically so we maybe go up one and swing harder with the topped ball going lord knows where.

It's hard to humble,when you're perfect in every way

A little Mac Davis here

Yea we got to club down when it's colder than a well diggers arse

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Great advice! Not only is the ball flying shorter in the colder air, but for us old guys the body just doesn't respond well to colder temps. The additional layers of clothing doesn't help either. It's very difficult to pull more club when you know that just a few months ago, it would have put the ball off the back. But do it anyway!

Yep, It's difficult to go ahead and make yourself pull the extra, but if you don't it will be short.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Played lousy today. Every time I blasted my drive down the middle, I followed it up with a chunky iron shot.... Shot 42/48:90 today with one bird on a par 5.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

48 / 39 = 87 today. One minor adjustment on the back and

Cleveland

48 / 39 = 87 today. One minor adjustment on the back and

If you were younger, you could remember what that adjustment was the next time you play!   :D

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

If you were younger, you could remember what that adjustment was the next time you play!   :D

Hey cuz I have to write those good tips down on my note pad in my phone.   One of my playing partners told me something to try. He said an old dude (Hell we're all old :wacko: ) told him to turn his right hip out like he was breaking wind.  It helps to set the backswing in motion.  Well kick a mule in the arse that tip actually got me moving back in a better rhythm!  I suppose it could be called a trigger or kick starter etc. to help get off the ball but dude,,,, it worked for me.  Now all I need to think about is moving that right hip back like I'm about to cut a hay maker and there she goes. ;) 

Cleveland

Be careful with that move Bill, you don't want any accidents, lol. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Be careful with that move Bill, you don't want any accidents, lol. 

haha Nawwww that move wouldn't well on those days when ya got the loosy goosy's :blink: 

Cleveland

At our age... never trust a fart!

Well if you slip up on the golf course ,,,,you might have to drag ya arse in the bushes and go commando :ph34r: 

Cleveland

We don't have bushes.

No bushes!!! Absurd

Cleveland

I just can't follow that with anything that compares... ;)

I was just excited to play again this afternoon - got 18 holes in as temps fell from high 50's to bitter with crazy wind. Last round for another week or so based on the forecast.

I managed to shoot well again despite the weather, and came in at 80. (That's good for me on a calm spring day!)

Well if you slip up on the golf course ,,,,you might have to drag ya arse in the bushes and go commando :ph34r:

Spoken like someone who perhaps has done that, not that I ever have - just saying!

WITB - :taylormade-small:

Driver - TaylorMade M2 - Stiff flex / 12.5*

3 & 7 Wood - TaylorMade M2

6i -Gap - TaylorMade M4- Stiff flex

Wedges - TaylorMade ATV 55* & 60*

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Right Handed Neutral lie on all clubs

Hey cuz I have to write those good tips down on my note pad in my phone. One of my playing partners told me something to try. He said an old dude (Hell we're all old :wacko: ) told him to turn his right hip out like he was breaking wind. It helps to set the backswing in motion. Well kick a mule in the arse that tip actually got me moving back in a better rhythm! I suppose it could be called a trigger or kick starter etc. to help get off the ball but dude,,,, it worked for me. Now all I need to think about is moving that right hip back like I'm about to cut a hay maker and there she goes. ;)

Posted the following in a different thread, but seems like a good follow-up:

Happened to catch a comment by Nick (either Price or Faldo, can't recall...) on GC where his ONE swing thought to make a clutch pitch shot to clinch some big tourney was...

"Butts to Buttons"

The idea being make a complete turn back so your butt is facing the target, followed by a full turn through so your shirt buttons are facing the target.

Great excellent fantastic advice, IMO!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Actually happened to me once....

On summer holiday with my honey up in NH for some golf and some relaxation. Went to a very highly recommended out-of-the-way local seafood joint; started with big a plate of fried clams. Whole dinner seemed good, but .. later that night AND the next morning .. lots of stuff coming out the front end...

Well after all that - and the absolute worst back spasm ever! - we were not missing our tee time! But about half way through that round... Well now some stuff wanted very badly to come out the back end... Yeah there were plenty of big trees around but that pair of boxers stayed there in that spot in the woods.....!!!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Actually happened to me once....

On summer holiday with my honey up in NH for some golf and some relaxation. Went to a very highly recommended out-of-the-way local seafood joint; started with big a plate of fried clams. Whole dinner seemed good, but .. later that night AND the next morning .. lots of stuff coming out the front end...

Well after all that - and the absolute worst back spasm ever! - we were not missing our tee time! But about half way through that round... Well now some stuff wanted very badly to come out the back end... Yeah there were plenty of big trees around but that pair of boxers stayed there in that spot in the woods.....!!!

LOL I'm sure most folks in here have had tense moments where you have to adapt to the circumstances.   When the urge hits, you gonna go where ever it takes to get er done. ;)  

Cleveland

Played lousy today. Every time I blasted my drive down the middle, I followed it up with a chunky iron shot.... Shot 42/48:90 today with one bird on a par 5.

Hey you got to play! Not so bad...

The Hawaiians have an apropos colloquialism:

"Bad day surf mo' bettah good day work"

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Hey cuz I have to write those good tips down on my note pad in my phone. One of my playing partners told me something to try. He said an old dude (Hell we're all old :wacko: ) told him to turn his right hip out like he was breaking wind. It helps to set the backswing in motion. Well kick a mule in the arse that tip actually got me moving back in a better rhythm! I suppose it could be called a trigger or kick starter etc. to help get off the ball but dude,,,, it worked for me. Now all I need to think about is moving that right hip back like I'm about to cut a hay maker and there she goes. ;)

Now that is FUNNY! Thanks ole gray, you just made my day.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Got out at 2:00 yesterday with two buddies. With only three, we decided to ply "6". With 6 points per hole, you divide them up after each hole. If all tie, then each gets 2, with a winner and two tie for second, winner gets 4, the others get 1 apiece,.....anyway, we were behind an octagenarian Foursome couples, so we decided to skip the par 3 #6, in order tho finish. That said we finished with 33, 34 & 35 points.......I had the 35! Bad news ....points were worth a dime....I shot an 83 if you gave all of us pars for the skipped hole.

Got out yesterday and had 2 doubles, 7 pars and 9 bogeys with 3 3putts for an 85, not a great day of golf but it was a great day for golf.  I had a blast!  

Planning to get up to Lane Creek and play with ole gray next Thursday so I KNOW we will have fun. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Got out yesterday and had 2 doubles, 7 pars and 9 bogeys with 3 3putts for an 85, not a great day of golf but it was a great day for gold. I had a blast!

Planning to get up to Lane Creek and play with ole gray next Thursday so I KNOW we will have fun.

Hell yea! We'll have more fun than a pack of fleas on a coon hound

Cleveland

I went and played wednesday. Got off to a terribly slow start. Shot 46 on the front. On the back I had 4 holes dead into the 20 MPH wind. Ended up shooting 41 on the back. Was keeping the ball in play. Lately driver is my killer. It was frustrating to have a 5 shot difference front to back 

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com