Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

12 minutes ago, invee123 said:

Enjoy this picture from the tee-shot on 18 - it's a 200 yard carry over a canyon to the fairway out in the distance!!

Where's the drop zone? 🤪🤣

Beautiful course!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Wasn't able to get out on the course this weekend but did spend some time with the Garmin r10 in the garage. Probably a good thing because I'm working through some swing changes and was better to focus on drills and getting reps. Working hard to shallow out the driver swing in particular and nice to do this in a controlled environment without being able to see the ball fly. Focus on the swing not the result. After two good sessions over the weekend, excited to get out to the course this Tuesday and see how it translates!

Driver: Mizuno STZ, HZRDUS Smoke Green 60S, 9.5 Degree 

3 Wood:  Taylormade M2 (2019)

Hybrids:  Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 21 degree, Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4

Irons:  Adams XTD (Looking to upgrade!)

Wedges:  Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter:  Odyssey #7

Ball: Vice Pro Plus, Taylormade Tp5x, Kirkland 

Push Cart Mafia - Clicgear 4.0  (See more here)

11 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

This game…

my back is still cranky from my nerve burns, so I’m swinging about 3/4 swings.

Shot a 74, with an eagle and birdy on back for a -1 for that half. Funny how 3/4 strength shots seem to go just as far…

And for me, more on line with my target…

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

25 minutes ago, invee123 said:

HIMG_8498.JPG.b0cfe5c389767db0289c7ce96c7b416e.JPGad a lot of fun playing a twilight time at the ridge at castle pines in Castle Pines, CO. This course is so pure and the grass is finally looking green for prime season. Played well and was hitting ropes with the driver (had one even go 343 yards) which led to a respectable +14 on a course hcp 13. Still need to work on iron shots while testing these OnCore Vero X2 balls because they have straighter ball flight than I am used to, but overall I'm enjoying the testing. Enjoy this picture from the tee-shot on 18 - it's a 200 yard carry over a canyon to the fairway out in the distance!!

As soon as I saw the picture, I knew the course. I played it twice in golf tournaments (actually came in 1st in one of them). That's a fun course. Took me a bit to get used to the ball traveling further and it is a great finishing hole.  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Been playing well lately and was able to get out for 9 holes yesterday at Portland Golf Course, local to me in CT. Two Mondays in a row playing the back 9 there, shooting a +5 41 each time. This weeks round had a couple of very tough pin locations making me just aim for center and 2-putt out for pars. Had a double on a par 3, pin was tucked all the way back on the small top-tier of a steep two tiered green and just shortsided myself and didn't give the chips or putts enough juice because of potentially going past the pin and down to the front of the green. The best news of the day is that after entering this scorecard I have moved my handicap down to a 9.7! It still rounds up to double digits but this was a big milestone for me. Hoping to continue to play consistently well and maintain a single digit

WITB:

Driver: PING G400

3W: Ping G400

3 Utility Iron: Ping G410

5-GW: Cobra Forged Tec (2020) KBS $-Taper 125 x-stiff shafts (Club Champion fitting)

Wedges: 52,56,60 (mixed)

P: Cleveland Frontline 8.0 Wide blade

HCP: 11

On 5/8/2023 at 9:00 AM, cnosil said:

Let me ask you a question.  Why was only hitting one fairway a bad thing?  You still have to hit an approach shot even if you hit the fairway.  Were your drives  considerable shorter and you were hitting significantly more clubs into greens?  Did you have to pitch out because there wasn’t a way to hit an approach shot on the green?  Fairways hit can be an overrated stat 

I’m not into keeping stats but I know which parts of my game need to get better.

I couldn’t agree more with you here about fairways hit. Another one that I never pay attention to is total number of putts. A two putt from 45 feet is completely different from a two putt from 3 feet.

We occasionally have a little side action on fewest total putts in your flight. The first time I won the pot I was missing the green almost every hole, but was usually close enough to still putt. I think I had maybe 21-22 putts total.

I like to think I’m a good putter, but I’m not that good…  if I’d been hitting greens that day I wouldn’t have sniffed that number. 😂

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

:ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

25 minutes ago, chisag said:

The amount of times I have made par or even birdie from another fairway or even another fairways "rough" is pretty high. 

Exactly how golf is 90% of the time in Sydney only time you had to worry where your ball is is when your OB lol, lots of trees and water in Sydney which I miss when it's raining cats and dogs in NZ lol which is too often in winter time which is now...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

54 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I probably sound like a broken record but where you play just makes so much difference. Back in the midwest in Spring when it rained constantly, the rough tended to be thick and deep. Missing the fairway by 1" was a problem for any shot over 100yds and that was IF you could find the ball. Here in Phoenix there are quite a few holes where the "rough" is faster than the fairway so aiming for the rough, let alone missing a fairway can be more advantageous. Driving is the weakest part of my game and it seems some days I drive it very well and others a struggle the entire round. But irons are one of the strongest parts of my game so fairways hit are almost irrelevant here in the desert. The amount of times I have made par or even birdie from another fairway or even another fairways "rough" is pretty high. 

My point is that dispersion pattern with driver is wider than fairways and you aren't always going to hit them.  I live in the land of bermuda rough so I am familiar with deep rough and not being able to find the ball so I would definitely prefer to be in the fairway.   My last coach had me track whether I was able to advance the ball toward the green not if I was in the fairway or not.  That said,  if you are always missing in a particular direction you might think about shifting where you are aiming.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Dicks has a sale on the Maxfli’s  tours right now - 4 doz for $119  

you're welcome…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

3 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Unfortunately, depending on green location, half of the greens were very dewy and therefore slow, and the other half that were in the sun were drier and faster as a result.  All of which wreaked havoc on our putting. 

That’s something we have every day, being the early birds at our course- we’ve been forced to get used to the different speeds due to the dew- we don’t even think about it anymore- early putts get hammered and back nine get normal…

I could see it being a serious problem if not accustomed to it on a daily basis-

this week was the first week the greens have recovered from punching and sanding. So every morning we’ve been dueling with ground crews either rolling, watering, or pin switching. It’s becoming rather irritating actually…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

My point is that dispersion pattern with driver is wider than fairways and you aren't always going to hit them.  I live in the land of bermuda rough so I am familiar with deep rough and not being able to find the ball so I would definitely prefer to be in the fairway.   My last coach had me track whether I was able to advance the ball toward the green not if I was in the fairway or not.  That said,  if you are always missing in a particular direction you might think about shifting where you are aiming.  

... Personally I have never been a fan of stats or tracking because I know what I need to do. I don't need a stat to tell me when I putted well or putted poorly, drove the ball well or not. I don't need anything to tell me I should hit more GIR's because we all do. For me at least all stats point to common sense: Hit as many fairways as possible or put myself in a good position to approach the green, hit as many GIRs as possible, get up and down when I miss greens, make as many putts as I can. Clearly I am a right brain player as "less organized" has always been my mode of operandi:

"The right brain is more visual and intuitive. It has a more creative and less organized way of thinking". 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

On 5/7/2023 at 6:14 PM, Micah T said:

4 over 75 and 2 over 74 for the weekend: hit a ridiculous(for me) 8/14 and 10/14 fairways. 12/18 Gir and 14/18 Gir.  But 68 putts over 2 rounds is sending me straight to the putting green for some serious practice.

sounds really solid to me, two good rounds for this time of year, I hear you with the putting though, I spent 2 hours on the putting green today as well, hopefully you will find "the secret" 

committed to performance excellence

8 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

this week was the first week the greens have recovered from punching and sanding. So every morning we’ve been dueling with ground crews either rolling, watering, or pin switching. It’s becoming rather irritating actually…

That's been our big issue, is always working around the grounds crew.  I'm thrilled they're doing their job but it makes me, as an already very inconsistent putter, even worse.  That said, I'll happily be out there tomorrow morning to do it all over again!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

seems like I always start this segment with " interesting day today" so I will start it again, 

Interesting day today, got off to a  great start, 4 birdies 2 bogey's on the front nine, 34... 42 on the back, 2 doubles 2 bogeys, greens were great, hit my lines really nice off the tee and into the greens, just made a couple of unforced errors on the back that cost me... didnt really do anything bad just not a lot good on the back, my takeaway from today..... go home, have a drink, and relax.... get at it again on thursday....

committed to performance excellence

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Personally I have never been a fan of stats or tracking because I know what I need to do. I don't need a stat to tell me when I putted well or putted poorly, drove the ball well or not. I don't anything to tell me I need to hit more GIR's because we all do. For me at least all stats point to common sense: Hit as many fairways as possible or put myself in a good position to approach the green, hit as many GIRs as possible, get up and down when I miss greens, make as many putts as I can. Clearly I am a right brain player as "less organized" has always been my mode of operandi:

"The right brain is more visual and intuitive. It has a more creative and less organized way of thinking". 

I used to play on auto pilot, I played with mates so it's was all about having a laugh. I was a much better golfer on 9 so I rarely made bad errors lol, just grabbed a club and hit the ball my eyes stopped me getting better because I couldn't read subtle greens...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

28 minutes ago, chisag said:

yep,  we just think differently.  neither way is good or bad or better or worse.  It is just what we do.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Dicks has a sale on the Maxfli’s  tours right now - 4 doz for $119  

you're welcome…

I grabbed a "cube" last Fall when they were running that price - great ball at a great deal!

FYI anyone looking for a really good "value" ball I'd also bought the MaxFli StraightFli to try and been playing it recently - seems to work nicely! Have not hit it side by side vs the Tour CG but I have a feeling the differences are small .. except for wedge spin on the greens where it does seem to spin bit less, but still not terrible especially at the value price.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

15 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

FYI anyone looking for a really good "value" ball

... I don't want put the cart before the horse but with one round in using the new Kirkland V3 I am cautiously impressed. At $27.99 in the store for 2 dozen, these may very well be a ball for everyone. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Not a good day yesterday, 45/45 90. The best part was no 3 putts.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Best round of the year boys and girls.  Started off rough.  Though it was mostly because I was so sore from hitting I think an entire ranges worth of balls sunday.  Took me several holes to loosen up.  Had a 64ft putt that hit the pin and reject out so that was cool.  Overall happy with my iron swing changes.

started on hole 11, finished on 10.  League shotgun start.

IMG_5684.jpeg

Edited by skraeling

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

13 hours ago, chisag said:

... I probably sound like a broken record but where you play just makes so much difference. Back in the midwest in Spring when it rained constantly, the rough tended to be thick and deep. Missing the fairway by 1" was a problem for any shot over 100yds and that was IF you could find the ball. Here in Phoenix there are quite a few holes where the "rough" is faster than the fairway so aiming for the rough, let alone missing a fairway can be more advantageous. Driving is the weakest part of my game and it seems some days I drive it very well and others a struggle the entire round. But irons are one of the strongest parts of my game so fairways hit are almost irrelevant here in the desert. The amount of times I have made par or even birdie from another fairway or even another fairways "rough" is pretty high. 

You are right. In Ohio every month is an almost completely different set of conditions April is wet and cold. May everything starts to bloom, so seed heads make the the rough thick and the greens bumpy. Then everything gets pretty nice from June into July. But we can have droughts that start as early as mid-July and run through September. We're going to get a few weeks somewhere that everything is fast and firm, and like you mentioned the rough is faster than the fairway. Then fall golf is great, but you have to deal with 'leaf rules'.

And I'm with you too - Fairways hit isn't a big deal to me. I'm not playing private courses or anything, so none of the public courses have rough that really causes a problem. As long as I have an unobstructed second shot, that's all that matters.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Played with @MattF at our course yesterday. Ended up with an 81. no birdies, 2 doubles. I had the same thing happen that I did on Sunday where I went brain dead for the first 5 holes on the back. Of course then I figured out that I was standing just ever too far away from the ball. I adjusted that and pared the final 3 holes to recover. Putting still sucks, but everything else is improving.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I am cautiously optimistic that I may have finally found a swing that works.  I had a 35 in the 9 hole league last night with only two bad swings.  I made solid contact but only had 12 putts so it may have just been my putter saving me from another so-so round.  I may have to sneak out for another 9 this week to see if it was a fluke or if I really am onto something for this year.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

League night went good in my book just playing Par golf I couldn't get a birdie to drop to save my life I felt like not that I didn't have the chance still missing easy putts to be happy with my game I missed 3 birdie putts but that's part of it hopefully switching to this claw grip I have been practicing will help but ended up finishing level par so no complaints either 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

2 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

And I'm with you too - Fairways hit isn't a big deal to me. I'm not playing private courses or anything, so none of the public courses have rough that really causes a problem. As long as I have an unobstructed second shot, that's all that matters.

I play a muni and I think all of the grass; greens, fairway and rough is Poa Annua.  While the rough is usually kept fairly short, it is definitely NOT easy to hit from.  When it's long, it's had to find a ball.  When I play with people that haven't played our course, I encourage them to just get it back into the fairway rather than try to advance the ball with a long shot to the green... they don't, and they have the same shot again... probably from a sidehill lie.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”