Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Screenshotfrom2023-05-0109-19-54.png.7ca1c78cb8693a1d1a1523242bdd9c4c.png04/30IMG_8475.JPG.4411c3cd59f5f39a4882ddfc059fbbc0.JPG

I played at Eisenhower GC in Monument, CO (blue course, home of the US Air Force Academy) and kept Friday's trend of terrible play going. We had some skin in the game so I pushed onward for the back 9 and ended up shooting a respectable 94 after a 49-front. The weather was insane, and we were lucky enough to get a tee time after calling the pro shop right as a 4-some cancelled their time. Course conditions were okay, but the blue course definitely had some of the hardest/most protected greens that I've ever played. The course has crazy views of Pikes Peak and surrounding mountains which really make for an exciting experience. Best part was that winter rates for DoD Civilian rate was $35 for 18!! with a cart at 1:40pm on a Sunday! As for the Vero X2 balls, I noticed more of the same lack of spin off the tee box with I was happy with, especially given the tight fairways on even the par 5s.

Screenshotfrom2023-05-0109-20-00.png.3f1d4efbdcfc2d583e28c21cca2aed9f.png

:callaway-small: Rogue MAX LS 9° (set to +1°)

:callaway-small: Rogue Max 3W 15°

:callaway-small:Apex UW 19°

:taylormade-small: p770 w/ Project X 6.5 (4-AW)

:callaway-small: Jaws Full-Toe Black 54° & 60°

:taylormade-small: Spider GT 35"

:taylormade-small: TP5x 

Funny thing happen yesterday while me and my partner were playing a practice round. For whatever reason, I couldn't make a putt, everything was to the right and on a couple of holes I was 5ft from the hole, there was no chance that was even remotely have a chance to get close to the hole.
After the 10th hole, he says I just notice that on your practice strokes you are standing still, but when you are about to make the actual putt your standing up from your putting stands as you make the stroke.
💡.. this explains why am missing so many putts.

The very next hole make my first par.. then it continue.. until 17/18, a couple of loose swing, but it was a dramatic change from the front to the back. It goes to show you sometimes we make tweaks to our setup or swing and don't even notice them. And may send you down a different rabbit hole. Moral of the story , if you feel something is off, have someone take a look or if you can video tape and review. It could be just a simple adjustment.

Stupid Golf!

image.png.1482e069a03496f93e991f9966ed2f5e.png

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

Had a brilliant round at the Moonah Legends course in Fingal Victoria Australia https://www.moonahlinks.com.au/cms/golf/legends-course/ . 

Finished with a new 82 of the stick net 63 of 19, yes I know a bandit but on the back nine, I finished 3 over with a double bogey on the 18th. Its these type of days that really remind me how much I love this game. It can challenge you and really try your patience but I'm hooked.

scorecard.png

Edited by Jimmy peters

Jimmy Peters

Australia

fun way to start my golf week today, played with a friend who works for the RCGA, always nice to catch up on what is going on in his world, also played with my regular buddy, interestingly enough he is sporting a new 5-7-and 9 wood, they are flying high and far for him, I am keeping a close eye on those lol. played alright but it was nice to not have to grind for anything in particluar, just a nice day on the golf course, warm and not much wind made it nice as well

committed to performance excellence

On 4/30/2023 at 6:39 PM, MaxEntropy said:

My ball hit the cart path, bounced onto the roof of the party barn (octagonal building in upper left of pic below) then jumped over to the roof of the clubhouse and slowly rolled into the gutter. Ranger said he heard it rattle down the downspout. 

Oh darnnnn.... The way that story was going, I was hoping it was a buildup to a "Happy Madison" moment where the ball rolls out of the downspout, onto the green, takes the slope and rolls into the cup!!! 😝😂😂

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Pre work nine today. 49. Could have been much better. Burned a few putts or under read some. Had a nine foot birdie I got excited on and pulled. Three putted on a par three after having a 30ft birdie putt. Ball striking on approach play was better. Driving game started out crappy. Then realized I need to get myself to hit up more. Then boom!  Only took the first 5 holes but figured it out going forward. Used the UW a lot. It’s so nice to hit.
Went in two bunkers and got out of each in one shot. Didn’t get on the green but getting out of the sand was a good start. Learned a lot today and had fun. 

IMG_7542.png

IMG_7541.png

IMG_7540.png

IMG_7539.jpeg

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Lost by 1 today with a 78. 4 bogies in a row on the backside doomed my outcome.. 

Here is a picture of my grip, the “Hanson Hybrid grip”, I’ll post a bunch on my grip thread…

IMG_1607.jpeg.1b734d554e764fedeff14c51b5a9a886.jpegIMG_1609.jpeg.0f3dc8805135a6f4afe7172910a6c80b.jpeg

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

This is an experiment comment to see if my attempt to make a link to a different thread works-

its about my grip, so just ignore if uninterested..

2 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

This is an experiment comment to see if my attempt to make a link to a different thread works-

its about my grip, so just ignore if uninterested..

Works for me 😎

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

played an interclub against a club called Bear Mountain, at Bear Mountain. A Nicklaus signature course in a suburb of Victoria BC called Langford. I have played it a few times but really have trouble getting a feel of the course. It is a cart only course with many long drives between holes amongst homes. I need to really put some time in understanding the layout of the course, once I do that I believe I will play it better, beautiful course with spectacular views. I tied my match, had some good shots and some not so good shots, putting was a challenge, off to the practice area today to work on the driver and putter... 

committed to performance excellence

Welp…. Golfing in 40mph wind was to say the least eventful.

5 penalty strokes from wind blowing it all over and a few of my normal errors.

Set myself a new best long drive thanks to that wind haha so it wasn’t all bad I guess.  Still hung on to finish +13 so same as last week.

fighting the iron yips which doesn’t help.  Zero confidence striking them at the moment.

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

My brother @ColeM and myself are joining an XGolf league near us and I had my handicap setting round. I always knew that I could perform better on simulators but WOW, I managed to put up a respectable 71 (-1). I believe that Cole is going in this afternoon to get his round set up, as we are playing as a 2 person team (not sure of the scoring format yet).

IMG_8477.jpg.23aba96efdc2140b365c8197c025ee4f.jpgEverything finally came together yesterday afternoon (except for the driver perScreenshotfrom2023-05-0308-38-12.png.c8a916973cb52f83079d264da2d257d2.png se, but the course was open enough so that I didn't get killed by right flying toe-bangs). Every Tuesday I get a quick 9 in after work with my coworkers, but after shooting +3 on the front (I'm a 14.5 hcp) I decided to go back to the pro shop and pay for the following 9 since the course wasn't too busy. It was cloudy and slightly windy with a HIGH chance of rain, but through the whole 18 I avoided even a drop of water. 

Back to what went right this round, my irons. I stuck more greens and put more shots on the neighboring fringe this round than ever before. I got Ben Hogan's 5 fundamentals of golf and I'm already trying to work on a more consistent swing. Yes, I did loose a couple yards on each iron. Yes, that has led to more consistent shots at the green. Also, I should note that this course, for being a municipal course, probably had the greenest and most well manicured fairway and green grass I've seen in CO this season. 

I'm doing the OnCore Vero X2 test and I finally gave these balls a chance to show their might and I have to say that I am quite pleased with the results and am very glad to have given myself this good of a round to test durability, usability, workability, etc... 

Screenshotfrom2023-05-0308-38-56.png.8e63aab803edcf982f16e6aa92f47828.png

Skipped play today and opted for a Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) on 3 discs in my lower back this morning- it’s about 5:30 here in California right now, and I’m guessing I’ll skip playing tomorrow as well- i was under the impression this was supposed to make things QUIT hurting… Friday is still a go…

getting old requires a little grit…

Well got out to play a round of 9 at my local course after work. Was able to shoot a 39 (+3). I know it is only half a round total but I feel good about this year and getting to my goal of being single digit handicap. Had a beautiful shot with my 3 wood for 244 Yards straight down a narrow fairway (Not More than 15 Yards wide at the landing area of my shot). Was not able to play with my current LTDx as it was shipped back to Cobra for a cracked face so went back to my LTD Pro for the round and it played alright, I do miss that LTDx though already.

Breakdown of WITB powered by logo.png

• Bag: IMG_0027.png.e6846f84153716d55d1dc74325faf77d.png Player IV DXR Pro
  • Driver: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png AEROJET LS 9° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662Tour Driven 60g Stiff
  • 3W: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png AEROJET Max 15.5° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662Tour Driven 70g Stiff
  • 3H: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png KING Tec (2023) 19° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 Tour Hybrid Proto 85g Stiff
  • Irons: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png KING Tour MiM (4-9) -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Lite Stiff
  • Wedges: Titleist_golf_logo.png SM9 46°F & 50°F -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Lite Stiff
  • Wedges: Titleist_golf_logo.png SM9 54°S & 58°M -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Regular+
  • Putter: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png 3D Supernova -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 CT Tour Putter 120g
  • Ball: Titleist_golf_logo.png #23 ProV1x (2023)

well today went out and played some 2 ball playing worst ball and to say it was rough is a understatement ended with a +7 on 9 holes but i also feel like today if i was playing best ball it may have only been +3-+4  still trying to find that consistency way to much 3 putting going on today  

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

An up and down league day...started even par for the first 3 holes, then blew up on the hole that I normally blow up on,🤦‍♂️. I rode the bogey train for the next several holes (putting was just not sharp and a few stray shots here and there didn't help either).  Had a chance to finish par, par but missed a very make able putt on the last hole.  Shot a 43 which isn't bad but was really targeting shooting a sub-40 round this go around. Missed quite a few make able par putts and a birdie putt too.  Ah well, there's always next week.

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Been a rough couple of days...Owen and I booked online the night before for River Heights for yesterday but when we got there, the clubhouse was closed.  Was still chilly and we weren't interested in walking, so we left.  Turns out they just decided to open later because of the cold.

Then today we get there and on the third hole I get a call from school to come pick up my sick daughter.  First holes were a nightmare but they usually are for me and I was still warming up.  Hopefully I can hit the range tomorrow and work out the kinks with my iron swing.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter