Golf Shoes 101 Survey

Sorry, I don't Google.  Invasive b@stards!

I am currently wearing New Balance spiked shoes in two flavors... black and white depending on my "outfit".  I also wear a pair of True Linkswear spikeless shoes when I walk the course.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Completed the survey much earlier, and agree additional questions may also have be asked to allow more information or details to be collected.

Still should give a generalization of what those responding find important to them.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to "Unboxing & Set-Up" post

I have two pairs of UA shoes, one spiked and the other spikeless. Range and dry summer rounds will be spikeless. All other times are spiked. Both are waterproof as I am a baby when it comes to wet socks from dew or rain, at the sacrifice of breathability. 

• Callaway Epic Max LS
  • Cobra Radspeed 3w
  • TM RBZ 19º Hybrid
  • New Level 902-PD 5-PW 
  • Callaway Jaws 52
  • Cleveland RTX 56
  • Alien 60
  • Odessy Dual Force II CS#5 Putter

Ah golf shoes, my number 1 purchasing weakness - too many pairs (especially for my wife to know), I reckon if I play 1/week I could go months before wearing the same pair.

The survey could have been better to allow for multiple selections; I play both spiked and spikeless, laces and boa and Adidas & Footjoy. I rotate based on my mood, what I'm wearing (yes that comes into it) and the conditions.

:callaway-small: Paradym 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Silver
:callaway-small: Paradym 3HL Project X Hzrdus Silver
:callaway-small: Paradym Heavenwood Project X Hzrdus Silver
:callaway-small: Paradym 4H Project X Hzrdus Silver
:tour-edge: EXS Pro Forged 5-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 58/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Seven with logo-bjm2.png.b7e1077b096fed17a2870b0f63b7837f.png Kotahi grip
seed.png.34e6908c56b2f4a28f3511fa62a86f0d.png SD-01 ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, :Clicgear: 8.0+

MGS Galway Bay Rain Gear Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60769-galway-bay-rain-gear-2023-forum-review/

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

On 5/1/2024 at 7:54 AM, Barry56 said:

For those of us with wide (4E) feet, width is a must.  No other attribute matters if the shoe doesn’t fit comfortably. 

This! This! This! And god forbid all wide shoes be made equal. Wouldn't that be nice.

image.png.695997e0ab2d273d1e9a6d9a59693008.pngWhat's In The Bag:

Bag:  image.png.2ec6ba172a80fb70c3708a3565225509.png 2019 Fusion 14 Stand Bag                                                            Push Cart Mafia: image.png.b59a1c1a2ab63e23e9cfc08d20037566.png 3-Wheel Golf Cart

Driver: image.png.c69fcd36742a959ebcefd6b193dfe9d7.png Rogue Draw 2018, w/ Project X EvenFlow Blue 65 Stiff               Wood: image.png.4bd79af128a2fd5e2627a0ebf39a9407.png Rogue 2018 3 Wood, w/ Project X EvenFlow Blue 65 Stiff

Hybrid: image.png.d99fef9be797b93aaa3ffa0c7d2553ed.png Rogue 2018 4 Hybrid, w/ Project X EvenFlow Black 75 Stiff        Irons: 4-PW, AW image.png.79b607903de2cce2fc91afb095f7d402.png Rogue Pro Irons, w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 Stiff

Wedges: Bombtech 56*, image.png.6bd1330c167d3701de09916004f72f92.png Mack Daddy 3 60*                                            Putter:  image.png.6f232d68128a0864f020965748b290ba.png DF3, Green 65*/35

Balls: Kirkland V3 Yellows                                                                           Tech: Garmin Approach S70

I have a bunion (the "knuckle" on my right big toe sticks way out to the left) and had surgery to fix it but it's still there.
My left foot is normal.

Finding golf shoes that fit and are comfortable is a nightmare. Most wide shoes are wide in the heel too. I need wide in the forefoot only. I wish altra made golf shoes.... or true linkswear weren't a million dollars.

right now I'm wearing skechers "relaxed fit" and that seems to be about right and the puma's are good too. I've tried every single brand - adidas, footjoy, ecco, UA, etc.

there's also little to no consistency within brands - i.e. a wide 9.5 in this model fits entirely different than a wide 9.5 in that one.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS 9.5
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (6i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I have wide feet My go to shoes are from ECCO and I have a few pair of very comfortable Sketchers. I walk a very hilly course and my feet always feel good with both of these brands. I could not get to the survey from the link

Golf A Game For A Lifetime

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

I have a bunion (the "knuckle" on my right big toe sticks way out to the left) and had surgery to fix it but it's still there.
My left foot is normal.

Finding golf shoes that fit and are comfortable is a nightmare. Most wide shoes are wide in the heel too. I need wide in the forefoot only. I wish altra made golf shoes.... or true linkswear weren't a million dollars.

right now I'm wearing skechers "relaxed fit" and that seems to be about right and the puma's are good too. I've tried every single brand - adidas, footjoy, ecco, UA, etc.

there's also little to no consistency within brands - i.e. a wide 9.5 in this model fits entirely different than a wide 9.5 in that one.

I, too, have bunions. I've never bothered to have them removed as they came back on the two people I know that did. I also have hammer toe, much worse on my left foot. I haven't been able to wear big-boy shoes (leather street shoes) for more than 10 years because the leather upper rubs a blister after about an hour. So finding comfortable shoes of any kind pretty much leaves me with larger sized soft shoes; until Sqairz. 

I finally got tired of my feet slopping around while golfing, so I took the leap of faith and bought a pair of Sqairz sized normally. They've been a game changer for me. Because of the squared toe, I have plenty of room while securing the remainder of my foot. They are the most comfortable and stable golf shoes I've owned in 20 years. I have no clue about the greater swing speed, but they certainly have made a difference. I've never been overly fashion conscious anyway, but the squared toe doesn't bother me. 

Edited by MIGregB

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

My Titleist SM10 Wedge Review:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

13 minutes ago, MIGregB said:

I, too, have bunions. I've never bothered to have them removed as they came back on the two people I know that did. I also have hammer toe, much worse on my left foot. I haven't been able to wear big-boy shoes (leather street shoes) for more than 10 years because the leather upper rubs a blister after about an hour. So finding comfortable shoes of any kind pretty much leaves me with larger sized soft shoes; until Sqairz. 

I finally got tired of my feet slopping around while golfing, so I took the leap of faith and bought a pair of Sqairz sized normally. They've been a game changer for me. Because of the squared toe, I have plenty of room while securing the remainder of my foot. They are the most comfortable and stable golf shoes I've owned in 20 years. I have no clue about the greater swing speed, but they certainly have made a difference. I've never been overly fashion conscious anyway, but the squared toe doesn't bother me. 

Interesting! never considered those. good to know, thanks.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS 9.5
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (6i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024: