Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×

Vice Golf Putters On Pre-Sale!

9 minutes ago, BreakfastBall15 said:

They’re interesting that’s for sure. Like many said idk if this is the price point they should be going for. Especially with their balls being a “value” brand. If they were $50 or so cheaper I think they’d be a home run 

I would say that seeing how the big name commercial brands are at the sub 300 mark, they are shooting a bit high on these.

As an example, most of the Odyssey AI-ONE lineup are at 299, some a bit higher for the milled face version.  TM spiders, similar.  With so many new brands flooding the market in the last few years, and especially this past year, what will set these apart from the rest that justifies the higher costs beyond just offsetting R&D and manufacturing costs?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Everybody and their mother getting into the putter game and yet there are a number of putter companies that are struggling to stay afloat.🤔

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

I always enjoy a new player in any space so curious to see how they perform but like any putter it will all be down to feel and how it performs for my swing. I would try it but be skeptical at the same time.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone

3Wood: Cobra Radspeed Big Tour

3Hybrid: Taylormade Sim Max

4i-PW: Takomo 101t

Wedges: Callaway MD5

Putter: Swag Handsome One

Honestly, the one thing that's throwing me off is the blade's arrow alignment. You have the long line but then finish up with an arrow? Maybe I missed the ability to have other alignment options, but that at least worries me a bit since it's something I don't see often with putters and would have to learn. Otherwise, I absolutely love the look of the blade. 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

On 5/17/2024 at 10:17 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

I like them!

I do however love a classic blade design, so there isn't really anything that I fancy, but I like their clean yet modern & almost futuristic looks as well as the play on colours, classic Vice..

It's high time someone turned the putter market on its head with a variety of colours. 

I understand the price point, as they surely don't want to market their equipment as cheap, but as exclusive, different and funky.

I'll hold my breath until they bring out something that looks narrower 🫢

MY WITB list

Bag: Adidas 7 way stand bag

Cart: :Clicgear: Model 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9°

FW: :wilson_staff_small: D9 Fairway 

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: Launcher

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D9 4 - SW

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore  52deg, 60deg

Putter: :taylormade-small: Kia Ma Daytona

Ball:  :taylormade-small:Soft Response,  :srixon-small: AD333, :callaway-small: Supersoft

I am currently testing the Ping S159 wedges. See my review here:

On 5/17/2024 at 4:32 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

I hope that more people are able to get in and try them. I think that will show the premium feel and details that have gone into them. I had a chance to hit them and really like the mallet. It's aluminium and has that feedback I really like. The other cool thing is the customizations in that you can buy the wings in different colors which adds to some creativity that Vice is known for. The other part I like is the 6 different shaft options and grip colors that are just there.  

I am really curious to see how these sell and see if we see more in the wild!

I love me some Vice Golf but I'm surprised they went straight to the premium price point. I get the optics and announcing they're here for real but $300 might be above their loyal market. The Cleveland/Wilson $200ish price range would have got me thinking about it. I feel like this is gonna need some major validation from some reputable people for it to really take off. Any idea of plans to put these out in brick and morter stores?

:cobra-small: F9, 10.5* set to 9*, :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Black 7x

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner TP 5w, Matrix Ozik X4 White Tie 6s

:taylormade-small: M3 4Hy set to 19.5*, Tensei CK 80HY S Flex

:callaway-small: Apex CF 19 5-AW, :kbs: C-Taper 130x

:cleveland-small: 588 56*, :truetemper: S400

:cleveland-small: RTX4 60* Low/6*, :truetemper: S400

:tour-edge: HP Series 09, 35"

:vice: Pro Plus

36 minutes ago, Wesleyb22 said:

I love me some Vice Golf but I'm surprised they went straight to the premium price point. I get the optics and announcing they're here for real but $300 might be above their loyal market. The Cleveland/Wilson $200ish price range would have got me thinking about it. I feel like this is gonna need some major validation from some reputable people for it to really take off. Any idea of plans to put these out in brick and morter stores?

When I was there a few weeks back the guys... sorry guy was hand painting all of them. He had some 6o-80 on the table doing a fine job on all of them. I think my eyes would have gone crossed if I had that job. Not sure on the roll out there, but at least my own belief is they are worth the price... again in particular the mallet. It is impressive. I liked the blade as well, just not quite as much as the mallet. I am a sucker for a good fang style putter anyway. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

These prices are ridiculous. I'd either go with a CNC milled Sub 70 putter for $180 or get a 3D printed Cobra for $370. the price is in no-man's land for a start-up. 

TZ

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

When I was there a few weeks back the guys... sorry guy was hand painting all of them. He had some 6o-80 on the table doing a fine job on all of them. I think my eyes would have gone crossed if I had that job. Not sure on the roll out there, but at least my own belief is they are worth the price... again in particular the mallet. It is impressive. I liked the blade as well, just not quite as much as the mallet. I am a sucker for a good fang style putter anyway. 

The tech story absolutely sounds impressive. I'd try them if ever given the opportunity and maybe that'll be what it takes to pull the trigger. Do you know the story behind the whiz shafts? Particularly 120 vs 140 and what that even means? No clarification on their site on shaft selection.

Love all the info you're putting out on this and thanks for answering all of us commoners' questions! 😂

:cobra-small: F9, 10.5* set to 9*, :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Black 7x

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner TP 5w, Matrix Ozik X4 White Tie 6s

:taylormade-small: M3 4Hy set to 19.5*, Tensei CK 80HY S Flex

:callaway-small: Apex CF 19 5-AW, :kbs: C-Taper 130x

:cleveland-small: 588 56*, :truetemper: S400

:cleveland-small: RTX4 60* Low/6*, :truetemper: S400

:tour-edge: HP Series 09, 35"

:vice: Pro Plus

aesthetically this look interesting and def stand out. For what is a DTC pretty untested option. This price point seems a little steep. Seems like a weird move since their balls were always the lower price point option to still get a premium ball performance since they were DTC 

Driver:   G425 Max w/Hzardous im10
Fairway:  M4 3 wood w/fujikura atmos Cobra LTDx 5 wood w/hzrdous im10 shaft
Hybrids:  G425  max 3 hybrid w/alta cb      
Irons:      P790 4-pw  w/ dynamic gold 95
Wedge:   50 degree MG4 54/58 degree MG3 w/dynamic gold r300
Putter:   white hot versa double bend seven 

The more the merrier. I say let these DTC manufacturers dip a toe or an entire leg into the multi billion dollar golf market. These look great and if they perform, I would definitely give one a try. Now, for $300+ it’s hard to swallow. 

Callaway Rogue ST max driver (Tour Ad IZ-6)

Cobra LTD-X 3 and 5 wood (Tour AD UB-6)

PXG 0317 X Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue)

PXG Gen 6 P 5-G irons (Mitsubishi MMT)

PXG 0311 Forged wedges (Mitsubishi MMT)

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

The putter is aesthetically appealing to me; however, the price is a different matter.

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

27 minutes ago, Wesleyb22 said:

The tech story absolutely sounds impressive. I'd try them if ever given the opportunity and maybe that'll be what it takes to pull the trigger. Do you know the story behind the whiz shafts? Particularly 120 vs 140 and what that even means? No clarification on their site on shaft selection.

Love all the info you're putting out on this and thanks for answering all of us commoners' questions! 😂

Vice is working with True Temper on the shafts so it will be a shaft from them, mainly Vice branded. Different shafts for different fitting options and to make them more suitable to more golfers really. Plus because the heads are heavier a heavier shaft can actually make the head feel lighter. I don't have the specs on the shafts though. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Clicked through the email in my inbox this morning, and I'm definitely intrigued. Been playing the Vice Pro Plus for a couple of years now and I'm very pleased. Given they produce a quality golf ball at a lower price point, I'm willing to bet these flat sticks are comparable to $400+ putters in quality and performance. Almost pulled the trigger on the mallet, but Ima wait for the reviews to come in.

Life long hacker, love the game.

PING player since 1982

G430 Max driver, G410 fairways, SIM2 Max hybrids, G425 irons (6-PW), S159 wedges (48,52,56), PLD Prime Tine 4 putter

Very interesting, especially the milled face with the “V” grooves. I wonder if there is any testing that can be done to confirm if those would keep a miss-hit ball on line.

The colorways surely stand out and I like that they are customizable. The price point is a bit steep for a never produced putter. Feels like a gamble to me as a consumer.

Had Vice done a partnership with an established putter maker first, even as a trial, I would be more comfortable outplaying that kind of cash as at least there would be some backstory for quality. Feels like a risk for them (and us buyers).

Currently in the bag:

Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Cobra LTDx 3 wood 14* | Callaway Utility Wood 17* and 21* | Haywood CB/MB combo set (4-7 CB; 8-PW MB) | Edison 2.0 wedges 53*, 57* | LAB DF2.1 Broomstick 50” | Transrover bag

1 hour ago, GolfDad57 said:

I ordered the mallet in black. Lime green grip. Will update after I compare it to my spider Maxx and Pxg putters I already have.Screenshot_20240518_084711_Chrome.jpg.e58098c0f15765b161edd1df84c52874.jpg 

I’d love to hear some feedback once you’ve tested it out.   Being a lefty I feel left out.  Bad dad joke! 🤣😂

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

1 hour ago, frazzman80 said:

Very interesting, especially the milled face with the “V” grooves. I wonder if there is any testing that can be done to confirm if those would keep a miss-hit ball on line.

The colorways surely stand out and I like that they are customizable. The price point is a bit steep for a never produced putter. Feels like a gamble to me as a consumer.

Had Vice done a partnership with an established putter maker first, even as a trial, I would be more comfortable outplaying that kind of cash as at least there would be some backstory for quality. Feels like a risk for them (and us buyers).

So this is where I think the story gets lost. They have, just not as well known brand in the US. They merged with HIO (think TXG Europe) who's owners also have designed clubs for the brand Helix.

They already have the experience and professionals in place, this is the combination of those combining. 

Check out the Brand Profile that was done on the main site. It will certainly help tell the story better than I can on my phone.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

25 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

So this is where I think the story gets lost. They have, just not as well known brand in the US. They merged with HIO (think TXG Europe) who's owners also have designed clubs for the brand Helix.

They already have the experience and professionals in place, this is the combination of those combining. 

Check out the Brand Profile that was done on the main site. It will certainly help tell the story better than I can on my phone.

Thank you for the education then! I wasn’t aware Vice had that existing relationship and experience. Very cool!

I stand corrected. 

Currently in the bag:

Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Cobra LTDx 3 wood 14* | Callaway Utility Wood 17* and 21* | Haywood CB/MB combo set (4-7 CB; 8-PW MB) | Edison 2.0 wedges 53*, 57* | LAB DF2.1 Broomstick 50” | Transrover bag

Posted (edited)

Both putter specs state 2° of loft. Thats crazy low.  If you have any shaft lean, you're playing a negative lofted putter.  You can customize but only 1°. Vice, that should be an easy fix in ver. 2.0. 

Edited by 550025

Cheers,

KV

Posted (edited)

I really like the ability to customize the colors on these, they look very nice, especially at the price point. Customizing the color on my DF3 was the icing on the cake and I love looking at it from address. I would be interested in how these feel in hand. I will say that as a lefty, I struggle with companies that don’t offer the full range of their products in left handed variants (cough cough...Scotty Cameron and Evnroll). This is especially frustrates when they’re milled products and it only takes about 10 minutes to mirror your design in CAD software then generate new GCODE to direct milling. That said, I did already send info about these to a right handed friend who is thinking about picking up a new putter. 

Edited by musicalmedicine

:ping-small: G430 MAX 10.5º Tour 2.0 Black 65 X shaft

:ping-small:  G430 MAX 5 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 S shaft

:ping-small: G430 MAX 4 Hybrid Tour 2.0 Chrome 85 S Shaft

:ping-small: G430 5i - PW :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: G430 45º & 50º :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: Glide Pro Forged 56º :truetemper:Dynamic Gold S 300 shaft

:L.A.B.: DF3 :accra: shaft

These are pretty gross. There are way better options at lower prices.. 😬😬

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

53 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

These are pretty gross. There are way better options at lower prices.. 😬😬

Gross how? Head Design? Colors options?   Everyone has their own tastes, and that's OK for sure.  Just curious, not bashing

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Gross how? Head Design? Colors options?   Everyone has their own tastes, and that's OK for sure.  Just curious, not bashing

I think the shape and designs are very unappealing. The angles are too sharp. 

I get going for something “different” rather than another take on an anser. But these do nothing for me. 

I like their ball though..

Edited by Quigleyd

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0