Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Do You Trust Online/Virtual Fitting Apps?

GolfSpy_APH

1 hour ago, MIGregB said:

Do you prefer a high ball flight"? What difference does that make if the higher ball flight is ballooning the ball and I don't have the ability to know decent angle?

It makes big difference and it’s not referring to a balloning ball.

Someone that plays in a lot of wind doesn’t want a high ball flight. See the guys in Texas or a. Tommy Fleetwood. Tommy’s swing is built around flighting the ball lower because of where he grew up playing and the wind. So he doesn’t want a higher ball flight. For most a higher ball flight is good as long as it doesn’t come with too much spin(the cause for ballooning). The higher fight helps with getting more carry distance.

you can have an idea about descent angle based on ball flight. It it’s ballooning it’s going to be pretty steep since the ball is dropping out of the sky. If you have a low line drive ball flight then it’s not going to be very steep.

1 hour ago, MIGregB said:

Do you have low, medium, or high trajectory"? Compared to what?? And what trajectory would best match my ball speed?

Again not as hard as it seems to identify. Do you but low line drives, do you hit high towering shots or something in between.

It’s more than ball speed that determines this such as contact point in the face, dynamic loft, face angle, face to path, path. If the information is for a ball fitting the result would be the ball that matches your game and needs

This is why online apps can be hit or miss. Along with ill perceptions of one’s swing and game, either thinking it’s better than what it really is(see that a lot with people’s post on forums if their swing and progress ) or the opposite with those who are maybe a little to humble for lack of better term about their game and swing

No, 

I don' trust online fitting apps.  I am old fashioned and think it has to be in person to get the best results.  I sometimes take the online questionnaires and don't even know how to answer the questions.  I believe that being in person, especially with a trackman so I can try different things.

Steve Shelton

A Late Bloomer in Golf

I sorta trust them. The Vokey one worked well for me and I use - and am very happy with - the recommended model. I have tried the golf ball ones and messed around by using different inputs. Essentially, they steer you toward their top model most of the time. I would not use the app info exclusively, but I do think that most of them give you a good starting point. Overall, I like having fitting apps available.

:ping-small: G400 Max driver,  Alta CB shaft R

:callaway-small: heavenwood

:cobra-small: Hybrids - 3 and 4 set to different settings depending on course. Sometimes a Taylormade 4

Maltby STi2 irons 5-GW, Fujikura Shaft

:vokey-small: 54, 58

:taylormade-small: Ardmore 3 putter

59 minutes ago, Franc38 said:

To me, we as a population, give fitting too much credit.

It's a base, be it by an online tool or a human person. 

Once we're in the right ballpark we adapt to our equipment as much as we need it adapted to us. Our feels and swings change day to day and even during a round.

This is exactly why fittings are important.

We shouldn’t adapt our swings to the equipment. Our equipment should compliment one swing.

Sure our swing feels may change day to day because of a difference in rest, stress, nutrition, etc. The same goes for pros, it’s why you see them have a good day or a couple good days on the course and an and  bad one. Their equipment is dialed into their game good and bad. It reduces how much variation there is. They sort hav to constantly figure out a swing each time they go play. Having ball park works okay for good golfers but the vast majority of amateurs aren’t good golfers and they can’t adapt to okay or bad fitting equipment.

This notion of we are inconsistent so it doesn’t matter is what holds back people from playing better golf or making changes that will help them. Just like with swings and making excuses for why one swings the way they do and for not taking lessons to fix it.

If just being in the ballpark was all that is needed then the men and women who make a living off playing golf wouldn’t spend the time they do to get dialed in or look to make improvements when something new comes along. So if the best in the world do it it’s probably worth the credit.

Not to mention there’s data that shows how golfers improve when properly fit

42 minutes ago, Erin B said:

New Level had a conversation with me when I bought my irons. I don’t know for sure but I think Sub70 does this and I know PXG does as well.

Yes, Sub70 folks are awesome for this. I've heard mixed things about the PXG folks, but at least they offer something.

2nd Swing has an online fitting group as well if people can't get to one of their stores.

I've noticed the DTC folks are more apt to have something like this than other places. Likely due to the lack of fitting locations. But I'd have no hesitation with places like Sub70 or PXG as I've had great success with them and hear great things from others around Sub70.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

Bridgestone had a ball app a while back where you actually took a video of your swing with a dozen ball box in the video and sent it in.  They must have used the box as a size reference for determining swing speed.  I thought it was pretty interesting and relatively accurate.  As to the other apps, I am typically skeptical.

image.png.3b883ddb02eed4871ea9eb0079d51e22.png Aerojet LS driver

image.png.5437ebe1f69b3330b39e21119440731c.png G425 Max 5-wood

:ping-small: G425 Max 7-wood

:mizuno-small: Hot Metal 921, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Graphite (currently testing New Level 480DB)

image.png.6d1f61c2c733ddfac4c3094a971ed4fb.png CBX ZipCore Chrome 52* 56* 60* Wedges

image.png.6d1f61c2c733ddfac4c3094a971ed4fb.png HB SOFT 2 Putter – Model 8C

Definitely as a starting point.  Though I was really pleased with the online fitting from LAB.  The putter feels like I hoped it would: stable, easy to square and level for my setup and stroke.  I think like most maybe do, that the biggest limitation is feel, and in the LAB instance, I wish I could have tried a broomstick, but you have to choose the model that you buy on faith and apply the numbers.  I’ve tried wedge apps, ball fitting apps, etc. and I’m still using them, but basically to narrow my searches until I can try them.  Wish there were non-manufacturer fitting apps across all brands that could give you different choices beyond just within each brand’s offerings

Dan Yates, 55 year old trying to qualify for PA Senior Amateur in 2024; searching for some magic in my game again

I don't think I could ever trust an online/virtual fitting app.  I've been through 2 in-person fittings, and have learned, at the very least, that Clubhead A + Shaft A will have different results than Clubhead A + Shaft B will have different results than Clubhead B + Shaft A or Clubhead B + Shaft B.  That doesn't take into account different lies and lengths, etc. Without physically trying the different combinations, how can you know what combination works best for you?  That's the main reason why I haven't been able to pull the trigger on buying DTC clubs.

I *might* use it to get a very general idea of what I'm looking for (to speed up the process for a live fitting, giving more time to devote to trying different combinations).

Driver:                      Callaway_SM.png.2dbd21e0ea11e718241b305262731058.png  Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 9.0° with Fujikura Ventus Blue 5 (S)

Hybrids:                   Ping_Logo_sm.jpg.bab5d82feeb6c1d1d269eaaef76a487a.jpg G430 3H/4H/5H w/ Ping Alta CB Shaft (S)

Irons:                      Mizuno_SM.png.79ebc3bf5a5ec19aa06f2821a4124811.png  JPX 923 Hot Metal HL - 6i - GW w/Fujikura Pro 95 (S) 

Wedges:                 TaylorMade_SM.png.224090fcebf3f2ce844f24e21b7ce40c.png  Hi-Toe 3 - 54° and 58°

Putter:                    Odyssey_SM.png.4e85ba988090a20cc755973ae2f75c8e.png  Ai-ONE Seven S Putter w/  FlatCat_SM.png.5c2b89b42629f36382f02c3455ef1102.png Fat grip

Ball:                         OnCore_SM.png.17951bcd1a597a2911ba64f199fd4f90.png  Vero X1

Rangefinder:          Nikon.png.a63f6ac8870a8c288ccc9f61454788f4.png  COOLSHOT PROII STABILIZED

Bag:                        Ogio_SM.png.0c28c8267d041ff62082aef4c42bb18a.png  Woode 8 Hybrid bag

I tend to agree with a handful of the posts here. I trust the results that the online fitting tools spit out (especially the more sophisticated ones) but do not trust the answers/data that I am entering in. I would end up wanting an in-person fitting or a fitter to see my swing and use the tool themselves.

image.png.04da3f72ef9e45c374a6ced580ad076e.png Driver: Aerojet LS (9.0)

image.png.47d8335a6ed74f5ce323f36dde1e64f5.pngBRNR Mini Driver (13.5)

default_callaway-small.jpg.4e22e166ebf0a736dfc257554f147efe.jpg Ai Smoke Max 5 Wood (18) or Apex X Forged Utility 2 iron (18)

image.png.035d01cabf89e6027a4fb2d6107c1cfc.png Pro 225 (4-PW)

default_vokey-small.gif.7343a5ce0d53f6f6b215377d00e5563f.gif 52|08F , 56|12D , 60|10S , SM9 Jet Black

communityIcon_9jjcwwtbehv21.jpg.a2e30b12212e772e693bed660e05cace.jpg  Studio Design 2

Ball: Still Searching for My Perfect Gamer

Previously Tested: BirdieBall 2-In-1 Putting/Hitting Mat

I believe that these fitting tools are both useful and useless. They are useful in educating on the differences between ball type, shaft type, loft, bounce, and equipment designs. They have helped me in the past easily differentiate between design differences to help me make a discission. 

I think that they are "useless" in terms of fitting unless you are very familiar and aware of your game and your needs and already have an idea for what you want.

These tools do provide value, and I have used them in the past, but I would not take them as the gospel IMO.

37 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It makes big difference and it’s not referring to a balloning ball.

Someone that plays in a lot of wind doesn’t want a high ball flight. See the guys in Texas or a. Tommy Fleetwood. Tommy’s swing is built around flighting the ball lower because of where he grew up playing and the wind. So he doesn’t want a higher ball flight. For most a higher ball flight is good as long as it doesn’t come with too much spin(the cause for ballooning). The higher fight helps with getting more carry distance.

you can have an idea about descent angle based on ball flight. It it’s ballooning it’s going to be pretty steep since the ball is dropping out of the sky. If you have a low line drive ball flight then it’s not going to be very steep.

Again not as hard as it seems to identify. Do you but low line drives, do you hit high towering shots or something in between.

It’s more than ball speed that determines this such as contact point in the face, dynamic loft, face angle, face to path, path. If the information is for a ball fitting the result would be the ball that matches your game and needs

This is why online apps can be hit or miss. Along with ill perceptions of one’s swing and game, either thinking it’s better than what it really is(see that a lot with people’s post on forums if their swing and progress ) or the opposite with those who are maybe a little to humble for lack of better term about their game and swing

I appreciate your info and actually do understand, but that's a much more recent thing (a few years vs. 40+ years of playing). And I know you are genuinely trying to help me so I can better use the on-line tools. I guess I was trying to, obviously unsuccessfully, make the point that one needs to be more knowledgeable about what constitutes good ball flight for their situation/condition to hope to get good app results. More than half the guys on my senior league wouldn't have a clue about anything you said, nor would they know where to go to understand the ramifications of the answers they provide. I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of the regulars on this forum would get better results than the general public, but the general public far outnumber us.  So you hit the nail on the head with "This is why online apps can be hit or miss". 

Edited by MIGregB

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-PW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM10 52.12F, SM10 56.14F & SM10 60.12D wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

My 2024 Titleist SM10 Wedge Review:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

This is very timely because I just got fitted in a very detailed iron fitting from a local guy who has been here in Tulsa doing for over 35 years, maybe longer. I had been to a Ping fitting day at my club and was not very impressed with "cattle call" style attempt at getting everyone in and out for a "fitting". He recommended G430s with 1 degree upright shafts etc... I came back to the office and did the Ping fitting online. It recommended the I530 irons with standard length and lie. I booked a real fitting and did not tell him what either of the other 2 had recommended. After an almost 1.5 hr long fitting with a Trackman and my old irons vs new, I was fitted into the I530s with 1 degree flat lie and 1/2 inch short shafts. The only thing that was constant across all of these types of "fittings" was stiff shafts and 95-100gram shaft weight. I learned so much from the actual final fitting, that I'm glad that I did not drop $1400 on clubs with either of the 2 previous attempts. My spin rate on 7 iron was 7k rpms. I was never going to hit the trajectory, decent angles and ball speed, etc... numbers with my old club heads and shafts. Once the recipe was unlocked it was pretty evident what I needed to fit me. He even "pressure tested" the findings with a Mizuno club head (which I liked the look and feel of) with the same shaft setup and the spin rate climbed to 7200 rpms. So getting the right combination of everything is the key. FYI, this is my 4th or 5th face to face actual fitting of clubs if you count Driver/3 wood and previous irons sets. I think apps are good starting tool for research and guidance, but an actual fitter that asks you what you are trying to accomplish etc... is the best way to go for t he actual investment required today. 

Cart: image.png.50e429cab7658fa55a7699ecf1a9bc3b.pngElectric Cart Tek 1500

Driver: :ping-small: G430 LST  10.5  Mitsubishi Kai Li white 60 stiff

3 wood: :ping-small: G430 15 Mitsubishi Kai Li white 67 stiff

3 &4 hybrid:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gif0311 Gen 5 Mitsubishi MMT 80 stiff

Irons 5-GW:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gifPXG Gen 3 0311T Steelfiber 115 

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 6’s gw 50.8, sw 56.8, lob 62.8)

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works Red Versa #7S slant neck

Ball:  vice golf.png Vice Pro bridgestone_logo.jpg.4e27c12bc4cae05babb1372e71a3f149.jpg RXS

I do not. I initially tried using apps/online because I didn't want to spend the money in a real fitting. There are things that an app or online fitting just can't take into account. I'm 6'1" and initially was told I needed 14"-1/2" extension. I tried clubs that had a 1/2" extension and it still didn't feel right. I went to an actual fitting and they said no, I need a full inch extension (more recently updated to 1 + 1/2") and when I told the first online fitter, he was all up in arms because "no chart in existence shows you at that much of an extension, that's ridiculous " and let's face it, that's essentially what the app does too. It compares your inputs to a chart. Unless there's someone looking at the other aspects, then I don't trust an app on its own, or a chart, or an online fitting 

Yes I do I've been fitted for 3 wedges(3brands) and felt very comfortable with the process...I got fitted for my driver I felt like was being rushed through the whole ordeal...so I will stick to online fitting for all my future golf purchases....

I feel they are a good starting point for finding loft and bounce, but as all fitting apps they seem to direct you to most popular and not necessarily the proper fit (golf ball fits for example)

TourEdge 721 9.5º Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 60 S
TourEdge 721Pro 15º Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Orange Graphite 75 S
Callaway Apex UW 19º Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 70 S
Mizuno JPX921 Irons 4-GW True Temper Project X Steel 6.0 S
Taylormade HiToe 54º & 58º KBS HiRev 2.0 115
Mizuno TP Mills Workshop Design II Putter
Vice Pro Plus

Nah, it's way too cookie cutter. What is more helpful are matrix charts/tables with products & targeted attributes so I can compare tradeoffs and understand what they're designed to do.
Even Cut's list of ball features does a great job of describing the targeted golfer for each ball: https://www.cutgolf.co/collections/golf-balls

I play golf to relax, reset, & ensure I'm taking time to appreciate me... & hopefully I get better one day 😆

WITB: Mix of 15 yr old clubs, yard sale finds, and slow-coming upgrades each birthday & Fathers Day.  
Driver: :cobra-small: LTDx Max
5W: :callaway-small:RAZR X Black
2h: :titleist-small:915H 17°
3h: :taylormade-small:Burner Rescue 19°
Irons: :nike-small:Victory Red Full Cavity
SW: RIVL 56°
Putter: :wilson_staff_small: Infinite West Loop

Have used both driver and iron online fitting apps.  I don't trust them.  For driver, I typically get the recommendation for a S-flex, mid-launch, 55-65g shaft at 46".  The drivers I hit best are X-Flex, low launch, 65-75g shaft at 44.5".  For irons, I typically get S-flex, mid-launch, ~105g shafts at +0.25" over standard with 1-2 degree upright.  The irons I hit best are X-flex, low/mid launch, 125-130g at standard length at 3-degree upright.  They also typically can't do swingweight.  I need D6+ in the driver and D4+ in the irons.  Unfortunately, in-person often isn't better.  Last time I went in for a fitting I had to argue with the fitter on shaft and swing weight.

Driver - Titleist.png.498bc07308fe56d564be22c9431a5e18.png 917 Speeder 757 X-Flex

Woods/Hybrids - Titleist.png.38f33ae482f03fcb0b418c4ad449014d.png 913 series Aldila Riptide X-Flex 

Irons - Titleist.png.db92d1d5ded4d1e2c006d38c55ff42d7.png 710/712 CB/MB Combo Set TTDG X100 & S300

Wedges - Titleist.png.be3c490c674724282df255bccde13d6a.png Vokey Spin Milled 52/56/60

Putter - EVNROLLlogo.jpg.fe3da74474e04365077bd707c1132da3.jpg Neo Classic ER2

Ball - Titleist.png.0716431d8fbd49f30882f96bc07b7d40.png Tour Speed/Soft

Rangefinder - BushnellLogo.jpg.52d5c06a2ba66a8729d6938779ae75db.jpg Tour V5 Shift

40 minutes ago, MIGregB said:

was trying to, obviously unsuccessfully, make the point that one needs to be more knowledgeable about what constitutes good ball flight for their situation/condition to hope to get good app results.

After with you hear which is why I added the comment at the end. I think anything equipment outside of grind and bounce is unreliable and even to an extent those are flawed for the same reason as you pointed out with better knowledge of things.

But yeah trying to help you but also anyone who comes to read the forum.

42 minutes ago, MIGregB said:

More than half the guys on my senior league wouldn't have a clue about anything you said, nor would they know where to go to understand the ramifications of the answers they provide. I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of the regulars on this forum would get better results than the general public, but the general public far outnumber us.  So you hit the nail on the head with "This is why online apps can be hit or miss". 

It’s not just your senior group. My old playing group was older crowd. When I met them they were already approaching retirement age from the govt. they really have no idea about that stuff either. Most still buy based on what they play and then go im older and slower so more loft and softer flex. No knowledge about launch characteristics for the ball, shaft profile, etc

I think its a ball park to what you can look at.  Best bet is to utilize the app, take that information to the fitting days and set up a time.  Even then you may not get what is necessarily correct because of various experience levels of said fitter.  The driver shaft is in my opinion the hardest to decide on, and the only true way is to see it on the range with an experienced fitter.  Hitting on a range is much better than hitting into the video screen because you still have to deal with some of the environmental variables that come with hitting outside. I had bad experiences and much money lost i getting fit one on one with wedges and driver shafts.  For golf ball fitting is to to the app, look at reviews and test a sleeve.  It always seems with all of the balls i have tried that method always work best.  Most of the golf shops and for that matter golf courses have comp balls if you know who to talk to......

49 minutes ago, MIGregB said:

I appreciate your info and actually do understand, but that's a much more recent thing (a few years vs. 40+ years of playing). And I know you are genuinely trying to help me so I can better use the on-line tools. I guess I was trying to, obviously unsuccessfully, make the point that one needs to be more knowledgeable about what constitutes good ball flight for their situation/condition to hope to get good app results. More than half the guys on my senior league wouldn't have a clue about anything you said, nor would they know where to go to understand the ramifications of the answers they provide. I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of the regulars on this forum would get better results than the general public, but the general public far outnumber us.  So you hit the nail on the head with "This is why online apps can be hit or miss". 

One thing I forgot to mention in last reply is that it’s not just the general public but even those who spend time online. I guest browse multiple forums and am in some oem social media groups and other non oem ones and the same type of things come up there and same confusion about different technical items

1 hour ago, Shrek74 said:

Yes, Sub70 folks are awesome for this. I've heard mixed things about the PXG folks, but at least they offer something.

2nd Swing has an online fitting group as well if people can't get to one of their stores.

I've noticed the DTC folks are more apt to have something like this than other places. Likely due to the lack of fitting locations. But I'd have no hesitation with places like Sub70 or PXG as I've had great success with them and hear great things from others around Sub70.

I have talked and had PXGs (2 sets) and I have talked to sub70 but I went with New Level. They have great shaft options at no up-charge. They can also do premium shafts for an upcharge, but I was fitted over the phone in the Project X IOs and those shafts were a no up-charge option. I may buy sub70 next season.

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* Steadfast Jupiter S or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* Steadfast Jupiter S

Woods: TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png3W Mini TaylorMade S

Hybrids: PXG.jpg.f43fb635ef9ee412fa814c0d924d1ee5.jpg3H&4H 0317 Steadfast Jupiter S

Irons: NL.png.a16c1db32eb8495938c8958152d9be4c.png902PD Proj.X IO shaft 6.5

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* Titleist Wedge Shafts

Putter: SM.jpg.6ec6e268aa1364f355b3f10b9901b64e.jpgBlack MiniGiant 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

On 7/12/2024 at 11:38 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Do you think they work based on the information you provide or do you feel they are lacking in one form or another? 

I'm still not sold on the fitting apps. I did try the Vokey Wedge Fitting app last year.  Then went through an actual Wedge Fitting by a Titleist Rep. 

The physical fitting produced different grinds & bounce than the app.   In my opinion, getting fitted by a club fitter provides better accuracy.  

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

I've never uses an online fitting app, never been fit at all actually, just started playing last summer and am currently taking lessons. Once I can get a consistent swing then I'm thinking of getting fit for a nice set of irons and a new driver

2 hours ago, ClarkWGriswoldIII said:

Bridgestone had a ball app a while back where you actually took a video of your swing with a dozen ball box in the video and sent it in.  They must have used the box as a size reference for determining swing speed.  I thought it was pretty interesting and relatively accurate.  As to the other apps, I am typically skeptical.

We tested it back in 2020!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: :L.A.B.: DF3 x Accra

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Right off the bat it stinks. I'm a one legged man and the all think I'm short all the shaft fittings have been made for Ladies. I need a increase of at least 1.6 inches per shaft.

Michael Durkin 

I prefer in person. I wanted to get a Krank driver after Bryson won the last major but it asks me on the site what is your driver swing speed. Well, my device only gives me my ball speed and distance I don’t know if ball speed and swing speed are similar. So I don’t feel buying it on line

Edited by CrzyQbn@me.com