Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2013 PUMA Golf Spring Selections

SPY ZINGER

Earlier this year, GolfSpy T introduced us to the 2013 Puma line. After seeing some of the great photos and selections, I wanted to give some of them a closer look.

PUMA Golf

Spring / Summer 2013

puma-golf-loggo.jpg

If you scan through Puma Golf's cadre of talented staffers, you'll immediately get a vibe for their apparel. Rickie, Lexi, Blair, Ian, Anna, Johan...you get the idea. Young, hip, fresh, are just some of the descriptors used to describe both the players and brand. These are the players with flare, and their clothes stand out among the sea of tradition typically found in golf attire. The use of bright colors paired with bold patterns can be easily recognized from two fairways over. This, combined with the latest in technical fabric present one of the more unique brands in the industry. It's my pleasure to present some of their selections for the Spring / Summer line for 2013. Puma has something in store for everyone with this line: “New apparel styles feature on trend watercolor patterns, plaids, stripes and solids to create the perfect golf look not matter what your mood.”

November 2012_SS13 Drop 1.jpg

All the 2013 offerings feature the Puma CELL technology. This technology along with the corresponding naming convention allow consumers to properly select each piece for the intended element. coolCELL, warmCELL, dryCELL, windCELL, stormCELL, are categorized for use in each specific weather condition. Simple and easy to comprehend, but the technology packed into the fabric is far from simple. Puma also incorporates UV protection, as well as anti-microbial treatment that “keeps garments naturally odor-free for the lifetime of the product. Features Silver micro-composite particles with unprecedented performance.” Puma also uses S. Cafe yarns made from recycled coffee grounds, which is becoming a popular eco-friendly option in golf apparel.

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-23.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-10.jpg

Featured below are Puma's “Solid Jacquard Polo” and Raglan Polo, both featuring coolCELL technology. In a size large, I was surprised to discover Puma fit really well and true to size. For a young and trendy brand, I expected them to have more of an athletic fit, but these were pretty true, certainly not the traditional “American” cut. The sleeves hung nicely to about mid bicep. When worn, these shirts have a cut and feel of comfortable workout attire ready for the athletic movement of the golf swing. The Raglan collar had minimal structure, and probably the shortest I've seen on a golf polo. Almost as if it was designed for the guy ready to walk 36 on a hot Sunday in August. Both are very comfortable, light weight, and well designed for functional movement.

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-17.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-11.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-18.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-12.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-20.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-13.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-19.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-14.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-21.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-15.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-22.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-16.jpg

I found the long sleeve quarter zip to be a nice lightweight option to wear over a polo when temperatures are a little brisk for bare arms. This quarter zip features Puma's dryCELL technology as well as UV/Odor protection. It's a nice option to substitute for a jacket when conditions do not require one for the freedom of movement it provides. Puma really does provide athletic performance wear designed for the golf course. The ribbed cuffs, and contrasting black racing strips add to the athletic look of this piece. The embroidered Puma Cat logo is found on both the chest and just above the cuff. The circular 18 hole design is also included on the back right shoulder. This is my favorite piece in the line to date and I often find myself wearing it off the course as well.

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-6.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-7.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-8.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-9.jpg

Rounding out the line is the Plaid Tech Pants. The pants incorporate a flat front and fit like a pair of jeans with the comfort and weight of workout pants. The pants also feature Puma's dryCELL technology as well as UV protection. They are one of the first pair of pants I have owned that I could probably wear the entire summer in the humid midwest. They too feature the 18 hole design on the rear, and Puma Cat embroidered on the front. This was my first attempt at Puma pants, and I was quite pleased with the quality, comfort and style.

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-1.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-2.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-3.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-4.jpg

PUMA-SPRING13-ZINGER-5.jpg

There is no better way to start off the new year than a trip to the Puma store at the Mall of America in Minneapolis, MN! #zingersightings

photo.JPG

Posted Image

• SPY VIP

Is there any stretch to those plaid tech pants? It didn't seem like they had as much give as most PUMA pants?

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Like the look of those pants, and the jacket looks really slick!

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

• SPY VIP

T-There is some stretch to them, but I do not think as much, no. Do you prefer the stretch?

Thanks Sparnar. The quarter-zip really is a long-sleeved shirt more than a jacket.

When your ass is as big as mine, you'll take all the stretch you can get.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

When your ass is as big as mine, you'll take all the stretch you can get.

Ahh, I see. I can get the spandex % when I get home if you wish for comparative purposes. This is my first go at PUMA and as such my first pair of their pants.

I have a great deal of love from behind as well. Have you ever seen a balloon filled with oatmeal?

Have a look below:

For Tim's Eyes Only.jpg

Posted Image

• SPY VIP

I'm going to be looking for some shoes in the future, choosing either flashy or classy. :D

PUMA Clydes... Both.

Pics coming as soon as I can take a deep breath. BIG non-PUMA article publishing tomorrow.

PUMA Clydes... Both.

Pics coming as soon as I can take a deep breath. BIG article publishing tomorrow.

Agreed on the Clydes, also check out the PUMA Faas Grip! The FAAS (Below) is available in wide which is nice too.

1878361-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Posted Image

Those FAAS are nice looking shoes.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Archived