Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Pipe Smoking

Highlander

Pipes  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like pipe smoke?

2. 2. Are you a pipe smoker?

3. 3. What's your favorite tobacco flavor?

• Vanilla
    • Cherry
    • Apple
    • Amaretto
    • Black Cavendish
    • Black Cherry
    • Whiskey
    • Bourbon
    • Buttered Rum
    • Cappuccino (or any coffee)
    • Chocolate
    • Coco Cream
    • Burley and Black
    • Other

Are there any pipe smokers left out there? I have been one for over a quarter of a century (not counting the five years I quit). I love to smoke my pipe while playing golf and/or drinking good scotch.

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: Wilson Staff D-100 hybrid 3 16°, Matrix OZIK Altus 5.6: 60 gram

Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°

Irons: Wilson Staff D-100 4-Pw. Gw, Sw, Matrix Studio 6.1 Graphite: 65 gram

Wedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW with set of D-100’s

Putter: Current Hippo Attacker 1 Switching to: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)

Ball: Wilson Staff DUO/Z-Star/FG Tour

Bag: Bag Boy - Revolver

Backup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shafts

Whatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!What’s in the bag:Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaftFairway: Cobra AMP Cell 3-4 HYB: 4 plus = 21°, 4 plus Draw = 21° Draw, 4 = 22° *Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°Irons: Cobra AMP Cell Irons 5- Sw, MRC Graphite ShaftWedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW in AMP Cell setPutter: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)Ball: Titlest VelocityBag: Bag Boy - RevolverBackup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shaftsWhatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!

oops... accidentally voted that I didn't like pipe smoke... but I do like it.

I tend to smoke cigars more regularly, but pipes have their place.

I'm going backpacking next week and I'll be bringing a pipe with me to smoke every night around the camp fire (no camp fire though... so I guess the pipe will be the fire) ;-)

oops... accidentally voted that I didn't like pipe smoke... but I do like it.

I tend to smoke cigars more regularly, but pipes have their place.

I'm going backpacking next week and I'll be bringing a pipe with me to smoke every night around the camp fire (no camp fire though... so I guess the pipe will be the fire) ;-)

Nice, they do go well with camping and thanks for responding. I used to love a good cigar but the wife hates the smell and claims to be able to smell it for days. She is not that fond of the pipe either but will tolerate it. Hope you have a great trip.

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

Wedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW with set of D-100’s

Putter: Current Hippo Attacker 1 Switching to: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)

Backup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shafts

Whatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!What’s in the bag:Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaftFairway: Cobra AMP Cell 3-4 HYB: 4 plus = 21°, 4 plus Draw = 21° Draw, 4 = 22° *Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°Irons: Cobra AMP Cell Irons 5- Sw, MRC Graphite ShaftWedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW in AMP Cell setPutter: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)Ball: Titlest VelocityBag: Bag Boy - RevolverBackup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shaftsWhatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!

Just for the record I don't smoke. How do people play golf and smoke, especially pipes? It seems like it would be a big distraction while playing.

Tis what most of the lowlanders think. Actually it helps me quite a bit. When I tee off with my pipe in my mouth I tend not to over swing then I have a better shot. Most of my golfin' mates that smoke cigars have to put it down or use a holder on the ground or cart. With a pipe you never have to stop. As an added bonus it can be very cheap compared to any other type of smoke. Thanks for joining the thread.

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

Just received my bag of Altadis Vanilla Latte in the mail. After mixing it with some Cavendish and a dash of vanilla custard I have a nice smoke that is not to harsh, rich flavor (mix of vanilla and dark roasted espresso with a hint of custard), great aroma (you would swear there was a cake in the oven, and it's cool burning.

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

I like smoking a pipe or a cigar, but I find that the cigar works better on the course than a pipe. A cigar will cool down and simply works better for golf. The pipe, or at least my pipe tends to go out when left unattended.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I like smoking a pipe or a cigar, but I find that the cigar works better on the course than a pipe. A cigar will cool down and simply works better for golf. The pipe, or at least my pipe tends to go out when left unattended.

I hear you. Mine took a lot of training to keep it going. Not as much as my golf game is taking but still a lot.

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

Very nice thread, I do smoke a pipe, tend to bring them out during the winter months though. Nothing like Mac Baren Navy Flake before retiring for the night.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice thread, I do smoke a pipe, tend to bring them out during the winter months though. Nothing like Mac Baren Navy Flake before retiring for the night.

I've not tried that one. What's it like?

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

I've not tried that one. What's it like?

it's one of my Favorites since I do not smoke any aromatic tobacco.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

• 2 months later...

I'll check out the wendycity site.

thanks,

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

• 5 weeks later...

Archived