College Football

fozcycle

Maybe I'm the only one.But anyone else just turned off by the college football playoff hype?It used to be an honor making a bowl game a while back.Now it's all about the playoffs and the bowl game excitement is second.I really don't like where the college football game is heading

Actually I'm following a couple college teams because I won't follow NFL right now and I'm gearing up for college basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

First full college game that I watched on TV in a decade. I've been to a few live. Exciting game but frankly the gap between college and the NFL in regards to quality of play is wide as an ocean. Receivers wide open, often and line backers so slow. Oh my.

Good thing it was exciting because it lasted over four hours! I could have driven to my club, hit a few balls, played 18, had a drink and come home in that amount of time.

I feel the same way about all college athletics. But let's not forget, they're still kids compared to the men that play pro sports. Gotta temper those expectations just a bit in the same way you would when watching the little league world series.

That being said, the pop warner rules they play in college make it feel even cheaper (one foot, clock stops on first down, easy extra point, long play clock). Add in the bumbling officials and clueless announcers and you've got a tough product to watch.

My Hurricanes are the best they've been in a long time and I feel compelled to watch out of loyalty. But it's still tough to digest.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Maybe I'm the only one.But anyone else just turned off by the college football playoff hype?It used to be an honor making a bowl game a while back.Now it's all about the playoffs and the bowl game excitement is second.I really don't like where the college football game is heading

Me neither Big Money... it's deplorable.

I feel the same way about all college athletics. But let's not forget, they're still kids compared to the men that play pro sports. Gotta temper those expectations just a bit in the same way you would when watching the little league world series.

That being said, the pop warner rules they play in college make it feel even cheaper (one foot, clock stops on first down, easy extra point, long play clock). Add in the bumbling officials and clueless announcers and you've got a tough product to watch.

My Hurricanes are the best they've been in a long time and I feel compelled to watch out of loyalty. But it's still tough to digest.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

The NFL is like WWE. The stupid celebrations... and everything else that goes with it. I'd like to see a NFL team pack a 100,000+ seat stadium every week. Everyone has their reasons for liking a sport. But I don't know any Pro Football players. Have had a few buddies play at the college level, and I'm actually “connected” to the college. Definitely not cheaper. These kids are playing for a team and education not a stake holder in a large corporation. NFL is cheap if you ask me.

And yes. Michigan needs a QB, OC, Wr Coach, RB Coach, OL Coach... the list goes on... then maybe, after their new QB Haskin leaves in 4 years we could maybe have a chance at “The Game”

I think "The Game" had become in an in-season scrimmage for Ohio State in prep for the B1G Championship game.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'm a huge Ohio State fan, but there is no way they deserve to get into the playoffs. Even if they win over Wisconsin, they should just be happy with a bowl game. They just aren't that good this year.

The playoffs need to be expanded to 8 teams. This system is no more credible than the BCS was. The whole college National Championship is a joke.

I'm a huge Ohio State fan, but there is no way they deserve to get into the playoffs. Even if they win over Wisconsin, they should just be happy with a bowl game. They just aren't that good this year.

The playoffs need to be expanded to 8 teams. This system is no more credible than the BCS was. The whole college National Championship is a joke.

I'm actually waiting for the system to change. Alabama didn't play anyone good and when they did they lost. There needs to be a whole system change not just a playoff change.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm actually waiting for the system to change. Alabama didn't play anyone good and when they did they lost. There needs to be a whole system change not just a playoff change.

Honestly, like I said earlier. It's almost a scam if you go undefeated. Pretty much says no competition. It used to be rare to go without a loss, but judging a one or two loss team against Alabam this year... I'd take OSU with 2 losses over a one loss Alabama. A loss shows character and that you were able to over come them ie. Auburn, Oklahoma, Georgia.

The teams that win against cup cakes... that's great. A loss earlier in the season or midway with good wins after is better than an undefeated cupcake beater.

Big Ten Champ should be included in the playoff. Along with all the other conference champs. Yes, this system is far worse than the BCS, and it is ruining college football with the CFP hype BS.

I don't want a “Coke halftime show” during the national championship. I get it brings $$, but it's disturbing the amount of say this new system has. Changing up traditional bowl venues... (yeah there I go again with traditions)....

8-12 teams.

Traditions who has such things.

I watched an interview with some of Michigan's new kids, some freshmen and sophomores didn't know what the “Jug” was or never saw it!!!

And “The Game” is just “another game”...

So yeah. What traditions.

Kinda agree with all of you guys one way or another but bottom line....”it's all about the money”.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I watched an interview with some of Michigan's new kids, some freshmen and sophomores didn't know what the “Jug” was or never saw it!!!

And “The Game” is just “another game”...

So yeah. What traditions.

One of the biggest rivalries in college football and I doubt that many of their students know a thing about it. I think that should be a class. Traditions of our school.

One of the biggest rivalries in college football and I doubt that many of their students know a thing about it. I think that should be a class. Traditions of our school.

Absolutely! I really enjoy Coach H. But they need to step the game up in that “it's just another game” department. I'm ignorant to most of the other teams rivalry games, but the Auburn / Bama game was electrifying! Couldn't imagine being in that atmosphere. I'm sure there are others.

Absolutely! I really enjoy Coach H. But they need to step the game up in that “it's just another game” department. I'm ignorant to most of the other teams rivalry games, but the Auburn / Bama game was electrifying! Couldn't imagine being in that atmosphere. I'm sure there are others.

The USF vs UCF was a great game.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I was rooting for Auburn all the way. I may be wrong but i just don't like Bama. It seems their schedule is “stacked” in their favor.

Rick

Left Hand, 

The USF vs UCF was a great game.

What's even better both schools are within 1.5 hour ride.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I was rooting for Auburn all the way. I may be wrong but i just don't like Bama. It seems their schedule is “stacked” in their favor.

Stacked is an understatement. I like the Penn State white out games especially against Ohio State those games are amazing.

It will be interesting to see what dominoes fall this offseason. 

What if Texas A&M throws enough money at Jimbo Fisher? I honestly don't see this happening. A&M is a top 15 facility/payroll but a top 30 program. The school recruits itself but they've done squat outside of Johnny Crack Football's heisman season. Cool fact, Kansas and Texas A&M have exactly the same number of 10 win seasons over the last decade. LOL. 

Will anyone take the Tennessee job? Mike Gundy already played his annual 'oh i might leave Ok St but really have no intention but I'll use this as leverage' gig. 

I could see both A&M and Tennessee talk a big hire but then hire a mediocre coach. 

Matt Campbell just signed a nice extension but a bigger school could still snag him from Iowa St. 

Either way, Saturday will be great with all the championship games and we'll see if the committee will put in a 2-loss team. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Ok bro you need to change your allegiance for this weekend! ;)  Go Dawgs whup some kitty cat arse 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Ok bro you need to change your allegiance for this weekend! ;) Go Dawgs whup some kitty cat arse

Lived in CT for 65 years an was a UCONN fan. Their football program is let's say not very good. Now that I live in FL kinda in limbo. So for this week sure go Georgia Dawgs. Next year maybe USF or UCF.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Honestly, like I said earlier. It's almost a scam if you go undefeated. Pretty much says no competition. It used to be rare to go without a loss, but judging a one or two loss team against Alabam this year... I'd take OSU with 2 losses over a one loss Alabama. A loss shows character and that you were able to over come them ie. Auburn, Oklahoma, Georgia.

The teams that win against cup cakes... that's great. A loss earlier in the season or midway with good wins after is better than an undefeated cupcake beater.

But what about the teams that lose to cupcakes? OSU, Miami, Oklahoma, Clemson, etc...

Bama has more wins vs top 25 than Wisconsin (3-1) and more wins vs teams with .500 or better record. And sure, losses show character. Like losing to a top ranked team on the road. 

Not by getting blown out by 31 vs a 6-5 Iowa team or losing at home by 15 to Oklahoma. 

If this is truly about getting the best teams in the playoffs then it has to be Bama over OSU. Who would you pick in that game? Because Vegas would take Bama.

(Obviously it should go without saying, but if the top 4 win then they are in. Include #6 Georgia in that.)

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Tennessee... wow, what a mess!

They are making a mess out of what was already a pretty significant dumpster fire!  Hard to do, even for Tennessee.

I halfway expect SNL cast members to break character showing this all to be a well orchestrated skit.