What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

I practiced putting again and I also practiced making GIFs. First one and first time. I feel like my putting stroke is straight back but as you can see theres movement on my transition. My stroke has improved looks like I need to video it more and try to fix that.

20171215_193823_2_1.gif

Nice gif nice stroke.

I thought your dog was going to block it but maybe he pushed it in?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

She will bring it back to me if she gets them. She enjoys the summer time when I chip in the yard. She fits 3 to 4 golf balls in her mouth and brings them back after they are destroyed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

She will bring it back to me if she gets them. She enjoys the summer time when I chip in the yard. She fits 3 to 4 golf balls in her mouth and brings them back after they are destroyed.

She not he. Got it

I've got a "textured" Pro V1 in my shag bag thanks to my dog. It's a painful reminder of when I was unaware of just how sharp his teeth are.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

She not he. Got it

I've got a "textured" Pro V1 in my shag bag thanks to my dog. It's a painful reminder of when I was unaware of just how sharp his teeth are.

My male just tries to keep me from practicing other then that he doesn't care about the ball.

Had a great follow up lesson today after arriving home from

Golf vacation.One thing I learned with teaching pros is to be honest discussing your abilities and goals with them.He is developing me a swing that kinda breaks the mold of what he promotes.The swing he is showing me is more extreme inside out with more hands and arms than body.He also likes that I tend to early extend at impact.Its more of a motion that gives me a nice draw than looking like the latest swing model.When it worked it produced some beautiful low running draws.All of his other players are being taught a more traditional looking swing.Having a low running draw every swing would make me extremely happy.Ive gone from 240 on his monitor to 260 when I do it right.(includes roll)

Keep it in the short stuff

Went through the bag except driver and just worked on a nice smooth swing. Hitting through the ball, not coming back and through too steep. Mainly it's a tempo thing for me when I practice. That's usually not downfall while playing. For some reason as the round goes on I lose my tempo

Spent 90 minutes working on chipping and bunkers then an hours on putting. 15 minutes on lag putting 30Ft+, 15 minutes on 20-30Ft, 15 minutes 10-20ft and 15 minutes inside 10ft. 

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Working on not getting the shaft steep in transition.  Work on keeping my right hip back as long as possible in transition to prevent EE and spinout.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Went to the range with my 6 year old daughter and hit a couple buckets. She hit a whole one as well!!!

First time I used my Blast Motion sensor for full-swings. Used the video capture with it and it was pretty cool to see all of the stats!!! I hate the way my downswing looks, so more work to come there!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Went to the range with my 6 year old daughter and hit a couple buckets. She hit a whole one as well!!!

First time I used my Blast Motion sensor for full-swings. Used the video capture with it and it was pretty cool to see all of the stats!!! I hate the way my downswing looks, so more work to come there!

attachicon.gifIMG_4361.JPG

Pretty cool!

Now- do NOT take my advice, just "talking" here about something I'd read -- in "Tour Tempo" by John Novosel they advocate .. for full swing shots .. a 3:1 ratio of backswing: downswing. For short game shots, eg. pitches, they suggest a 2:1 ratio.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4361.JPG

1) You look super tall on that picture. 6'6"?

2) Does blast motion give you any other information?

1) You look super tall on that picture. 6'6"?

2) Does blast motion give you any other information?

Yep, 6'6”. It gives a TON of information! The main focus on the full swing is tempo, timing, etc. The idea is if an amateur can fine-tune their tempo, and swing time to within fractions of a second, this builds the consistency and gets one closer to what Tour guys do on every shot.

Spent an hour or so rolling putts down a yardstick and over a dime. .  Tweaked my setup a little bit since I was rolling the ball off the left side at about 32 inches.  Closed my shoulders just a touch and was able to start getting them to roll off the end pretty consistently..

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I thought I would post this in honor of our new director. Notice how good a boy I was on the range today!

:)

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

attachicon.gifIMG_0809.JPG

I thought I would post this in honor of our new director. Notice how good a boy I was on the range today!

:)

Dude I did one other day that was just one long line for all the balls I hit with the shag bag. It was about 10y long. Didn't have my phone to take a picture though.

My backswing has really improved as left lateral bend.Now im focusing on my previous lesson of closing the face of club from transition to follow thru.Feels very awkward and the shot dispersion has been less than stellar in the nets.Doing this indoors off of a mat is tough as well.Will keep at it but not very pretty at this moment

Keep it in the short stuff

I practiced with the putter again, it's really the only thing I can work with other than lessons. Noticed that I was standing too far away from the ball and moved one inch and it was a huge difference. After making 30 in a row from the 7 foot range I goofed off. Putted with my 3 wood then practiced bellying with my wedge. After that I hit a few short chips landing over balls placed at different distances. Lasted maybe 30 minutes, I noticed that the cut blues spin a lot even on the short chips.

The opposite - my pro told me that if I were to struggle with my swing try the opposite. In my case that means hitting fades. In fact one of my drills is to hit half seven iron fades. I've gotten away from it. (Yes I'm a moron which is Latin for golf addict)

I hit beautiful high straight irons trying to hit fades on the range today. That's the opposite of the four or five pull hooked 7 irons that I hit on the course weds. I was able to hit nice half cuts with the seven as well - I guess that drill is going to return.

It's such a funny game. Ha, ha, ha!

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

The opposite - my pro told me that if I were to struggle with my swing try the opposite. In my case that means hitting fades. In fact one of my drills is to hit half seven iron fades. I've gotten away from it. (Yes I'm a moron which is Latin for golf addict)

I hit beautiful high straight irons trying to hit fades on the range today. That's the opposite of the four or five pull hooked 7 irons that I hit on the course weds. I was able to hit nice half cuts with the seven as well - I guess that drill is going to return.

It's such a funny game. Ha, ha, ha!

I've tried the "opposite" approach in the past.  I tried hitting duck hooks... that didn't work.  Then I tried hitting big fades... that didn't work either.  I guess I'm stuck hitting a straight shot.   :D

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I just got back from the range after hitting 2 buckets of balls, and then hitting some putts on video using my Blast Motion app.

Definitely frustrated at this point with the leg action on the downswing. My coach and I worked for MONTHS at getting my front leg more stable and to not let my knee go past my ankle. Well, with this new swing, and the associated stance being deeper, more knee bend, I literally can't hit a ball without my knee going past my ankle...

At a loss right now. I guess I needn't worry about it too much as I was flushing a lot of balls.

With out season headed into what looks to be a prolonged extreme cold spell, I better figure out something for winter practice soon.   As late as last week we we had mid 60's temps.

Definite some putting work inside, some wedge work when its not too cold.   Also I found out a year ago that the pavillions that we use for our outing meals can double as a covered driving stall during a torrential downpour.

Pavillon Driving Range.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I've tried the "opposite" approach in the past. I tried hitting duck hooks... that didn't work. Then I tried hitting big fades... that didn't work either. I guess I'm stuck hitting a straight shot. :D

I feel for you... I really do...

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

I feel for you... I really do...

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

A straight shot? There is such a thing?. I thought it was like a Yeti or some other mythical thing

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

A straight shot? There is such a thing?. I thought it was like a Yeti or some other mythical thing

I hit the first "straight shot" I've hit in a coons age today and was thinking, WTF was that  :blink: .  I almost aced a par three and the shot I hit was a tracer round to the flag... 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I hit the first "straight shot" I've hit in a coons age today and was thinking, WTF was that  :blink: .  I almost aced a par three and the shot I hit was a tracer round to the flag... 

How you liking those AP1's OG? 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

How you liking those AP1's OG? 

There have been times when I wonder if I need to move back to more forgiveness.  I'm not a pure iron striker however when I'm playing decent, the AP1 irons work great.  I just need a new golf swing.  ;)  Let's put it this way, they are not going anywhere and shots like I hit today confirm I need to roll with the tide. 

Cleveland

There have been times when I wonder if I need to move back to more forgiveness. I'm not a pure iron striker however when I'm playing decent, the AP1 irons work great. I just need a new golf swing. ;) Let's put it this way, they are not going anywhere and shots like I hit today confirm I need to roll with the tide.

Don't give up on the AP1 irons. It takes a while to get used to them when I had the AP1 714. I'm sorry I let them go!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Don't give up on the AP1 irons. It takes a while to get used to them when I had the AP1 714. I'm sorry I let them go!

Don't worry cuz they're sleeping with me tonight and I just might get lucky.... ;)  Seriously though they are some fun irons to bag. 

Cleveland

If I move in from the G400 the first clubs in looking at are the AP line. For now the G400 are just fine.

Rick

Left Hand,