ole gray

Random Thread

Apparently, there was a road issue on I-20 near Atlanta yesterday.  I bet that caused some traffic problems.

Screen-Shot-2017-04-18-at-12.07.26-AM.jpg

Now we know what happened!!

17952997_10210768259153941_1806013484874058713_n.jpg

• Like 6

Wowser! 410 members, 1164 guests online MGS right now!!! This place is cooking hawter than a catfish in a frying pan....

• Like 3

Forum sign up threads are hilarious. Now we are getting selfies...

• Like 4

Heading to Dick's this morning to pick up some new walking shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Good for you!!! You are gonna LOVE ❤️ it!

I'm retired now for 5 years. It took me about 2 years to get "normal". Going from working everyday running a company to a "what now" scenario was a bit difficult.

Once the brain kicks in your going to love it. Moving to FL. Was the best thunder could have done.

Enjoy yourself, life is short.

• Like 4

Can't believe how many peeps quit the game of golf(that I knew well).Met a few gentleman today while shopping that said they are officially done with this game.In my lifetime, I can almost remember 20 to 30 avid golfers who just quit instantly

Why - or how ? Does one just stop a hobby abruptly that they were avid at for year(s)

• Like 3

Can't believe how many peeps quit the game of golf(that I knew well).Met a few gentleman today while shopping that said they are officially done with this game.In my lifetime, I can almost remember 20 to 30 avid golfers who just quit instantly

Why - or how ? Does one just stop a hobby abruptly that they were avid at for year(s)

Maybe boredom? I stopped flying (small single engine planes) after about 10 years. Then went out and bought several sailboats over 30 years and just quit that. Neither offered me the ongoing challenges I need. Started playing golf 5 years ago and I stink at it. So I figure by the time I get good at it (if that ever happens) I won't remember what I'm doing so it won't matter

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I stopped flying (small single engine planes) after about 10 years.

Ah, so you were the reason for the layoffs @ the place I work several years ago. Lol HEHEHE.

• Like 1

I don't know anyone when quit for no good reason.  One quit because he couldn't see anymore; another quit because he couldn't push his cart (he was 92) and refused to ride.

Maybe boredom? I stopped flying (small single engine planes) after about 10 years. Then went out and bought several sailboats over 30 years and just quit that. Neither offered me the ongoing challenges I need. Started playing golf 5 years ago and I stink at it. So I figure by the time I get good at it (if that ever happens) I won't remember what I'm doing so it won't matter

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I did the sailboat thing for awhile, but too much work and golf is cheaper, if you can believe that!!

Heading to Dick's this morning to pick up some new walking shoes.

OG...just seeing this post.   I'm guessing the ecco's didn't work well for you either?   I was very disappointed in the feel of that pair for myself.  I was used to ecco's being the most comfortable shoe i've ever worn.  That has now been taken over by the Puma Ignite line, the regular ignite and the sport. 

• Like 1

OG...just seeing this post. I'm guessing the ecco's didn't work well for you either? I was very disappointed in the feel of that pair for myself. I was used to ecco's being the most comfortable shoe i've ever worn. That has now been taken over by the Puma Ignite line, the regular ignite and the sport.

No partner I love the eccos you passed my way!

I had to buy some dog walking shoes

• Like 1

No partner I love the eccos you passed my way!

I had to buy some dog walking shoes

Oh good, I'm glad they are working for you, they just didn't fit me like others in the past have!

• Like 1

As some of you know we bought a house almost a month ago. I found out on moving day that our neighbor is an older gentleman who I always see at the golf course. I had no idea he was going to be our neighbor, but I'm sure glad he is. Today is the second time he has done something for us unexpectedly. We had some big limbs that fell from a storm, that needed some chainsaw attention. Well, one day out of the blue I come home and they're chopped up. Then today, even better. I had a brush pile in my backyard where I hauled the other limbs too, and it was getting rather big. It was there before we moved in, I just haven't had time to get rid of it. Well, today I come home and the pile is gone. It's smoking. He came over while I was at work and burned all of it for us.

I haven't figured out if he's being nice or just embarrassed of our yard, I'm hoping the first option.

I just had to tell someone, it helps restore faith in humanity.

• Like 3

As some of you know we bought a house almost a month ago. I found out on moving day that our neighbor is an older gentleman who I always see at the golf course. I had no idea he was going to be our neighbor, but I'm sure glad he is. Today is the second time he has done something for us unexpectedly. We had some big limbs that fell from a storm, that needed some chainsaw attention. Well, one day out of the blue I come home and they're chopped up. Then today, even better. I had a brush pile in my backyard where I hauled the other limbs too, and it was getting rather big. It was there before we moved in, I just haven't had time to get rid of it. Well, today I come home and the pile is gone. It's smoking. He came over while I was at work and burned all of it for us.

I haven't figured out if he's being nice or just embarrassed of our yard, I'm hoping the first option.

I just had to tell someone, it helps restore faith in humanity.

That is very cool. I'm sure it's the being nice reason. He probably sees you guys are a young working couple and pressed for time. It probably helps him occupy his day and feel useful.

Maybe walk over with a six pack of beer or bottle of wine as a gesture of thanks and You'l find out for sure.

Random acts of kindness make me smile.

• Like 3

I think if we have another kid I'm gonna name them:

Topper Ace Shanks

• Like 1

Well, since there wasn't a follow up thread on the test in the Rain Gear ( that I saw) I thought the timing of those results could not apply any less to me this week

Live in Northern California they said, it will be fun they said

• Like 4

Well, since there wasn't a follow up thread on the test in the Rain Gear ( that I saw) I thought the timing of those results could not apply any less to me this week

attachicon.gifIMG_1300.PNG

Live in Northern California they said, it will be fun they said

My, that will help dry up that rain you got this year!  You are a few weeks ahead of us.  100's start showing up about July.