Got Problems?

ole gray

It is always amazing how quickly a car depreciates. I was hoping that mine was worth more since it only had 7000 miles on it when it was totaled. I just hate having to start car shopping again. Here is what mine looked like

attachicon.gifIMG_2673.jpeg

Hate to see that and glad everyone is okay. Like you, my least favorite past time is shopping for a new car. For my last one I just did it online and sent offers to 3 dealers. The local ones said no way, but a dealer 150 miles aways accepted my offer and only charged me $100 to deliver it.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Was supposed to work one station with work for over time and two hours before shift change I get told to report to a different station. Problem is I just sat down to eat and didn't shower yet, and this station shift change is 6pm not 7pm. So I have to drive 15 minutes to the station I was supposed to work because my uniform is there then drive the 15 minutes back and then go the opposite direction 20 minutes. I'm about to hop in the shower at 515 so the math adds up that I won't get there on time. I'm sure my boss won't like that I'm going to make them pay me for this inconvenience. Why would you change something like this around an hour before your shift starts????? This is why I am looking for a new job.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well, estimated car repairs from last week's accident is right at 50% of the total value the car is worth so they are going to try and fix it with the caviat that if the body shop finds more issues with the car, it may still end up as a total loss. Part of me is glad they are trying to fix it but the other part of me is thinking the trade in value of the car will be worthless now.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1x / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: Titan Elite

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Current MyGolfSpy Review - Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64979-testers-announced-precision-pro-titan-elite/?do=findComment&comment=1082733

Well, estimated car repairs from last week's accident is right at 50% of the total value the car is worth so they are going to try and fix it with the caviat that if the body shop finds more issues with the car, it may still end up as a total loss. Part of me is glad they are trying to fix it but the other part of me is thinking the trade in value of the car will be worthless now.

MDGolfHacker

Sometimes with that much damage you wish it was totaled because you never know what you are going to have when the car repairs are finished. Hope it all turns out well.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

What a birthday present for me today - recovering from oral surgery. At least it'll keep me from having to work on SWMBO's to do list.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

MDGolfHacker

Who did the estimate?  Maybe it's different around the country, but on my last accident where I was rear-ended, the body shop does the estimate.  I would hope that a body shop didn't do the estimate and then find more to fix after they started fixing it.

Good luck!  It's tough to be without your ride.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

MDGolfHacker

The impact of the accident on the trade value is why it is important to be compensated for the lost value.  

Who did the estimate? Maybe it's different around the country, but on my last accident where I was rear-ended, the body shop does the estimate. I would hope that a body shop didn't do the estimate and then find more to fix after they started fixing it.

Good luck! It's tough to be without your ride.

Kenny B:

This was the initial estimate by the insurance adjuster. They are towing the car to the body shop for further review and repair if possible. My guess is, if they find more damage not visible to the claims adjuster, they will end up writing the car off.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64979-testers-announced-precision-pro-titan-elite/?do=findComment&comment=1082733

The impact of the accident on the trade value is why it is important to be compensated for the lost value.

I had a long conversation with my insurance company. Apparently they will give me the total amount of what the vehicle is worth pre-accident IF it's totalled. If it's repairable, then there is no compensation for the lost value due to the accident. That's just stupid I thought. I'm not trying to milk the situation at all, too much of that going around now a days. I just want to be compensated for the loss I'm going to take if I were to trade in the car after repairs.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Kenny B:

This was the initial estimate by the insurance adjuster. They are towing the car to the body shop for further review and repair if possible. My guess is, if they find more damage not visible to the claims adjuster, they will end up writing the car off.

MDGolfHacker

In the event that your car ultimately is considered totaled, since the accident was not your fault, sign nothing, until you are confident that you are getting replacement value, not "blue book" value.  Make sure such replacement value is for the same car, in its condition prior to the accident with the same mileage.  

In the event that your car ultimately is considered totaled, since the accident was not your fault, sign nothing, until you are confident that you are getting replacement value, not "blue book" value. Make sure such replacement value is for the same car, in its condition prior to the accident with the same mileage.

Good point but depends on (the fine print on..) his policy, ie. replacement vs "ACV" = actual cash value........

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

In the event that your car ultimately is considered totaled, since the accident was not your fault, sign nothing, until you are confident that you are getting replacement value, not "blue book" value. Make sure such replacement value is for the same car, in its condition prior to the accident with the same mileage.

I might have missed this but is it your insurance co that is telling you this or the insurance co of the person that hit you? While I'm not an insurance expert nor a lawyer, I think there is an element of diminished value that you can argue. And above all i wouldn't sign off until you got everything you wanted.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I might have missed this but is it your insurance co that is telling you this or the insurance co of the person that hit you? While I'm not an insurance expert nor a lawyer, I think there is an element of diminished value that you can argue. And above all i wouldn't sign off until you got everything you wanted.

Tony:

I was dealing with my insurance company as a go between with theirs. Any money that I put out I can claim with the other company (ie my deductible and money out of pocket for the rental). I had the option to go directly through the other person's insurance company but opted to use mine as a go between. At the time of the accident it was more comfort level then thinking things through (now I'm thinking that I should have gone straight through the other company). My insurance was basically saying what the other insurance company will most likely do, in case it's totalled or repaired. Like I said, i expect, if repaired, that monetary compensation should occur for the difference in diminished value versus current value. I won't be signing anything until I am satisfied. Now if they threw in a set of new clubs, I'd be signing tomorrow... I'm easy that way 😂🤣😂🤣😂😊

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Tony:

I was dealing with my insurance company as a go between with theirs. Any money that I put out I can claim with the other company (ie my deductible and money out of pocket for the rental). I had the option to go directly through the other person's insurance company but opted to use mine as a go between. At the time of the accident it was more comfort level then thinking things through (now I'm thinking that I should have gone straight through the other company). My insurance was basically saying what the other insurance company will most likely do, in case it's totalled or repaired. Like I said, i expect, if repaired, that monetary compensation should occur for the difference in diminished value versus current value. I won't be signing anything until I am satisfied. Now if they threw in a set of new clubs, I'd be signing tomorrow... I'm easy that way 🤣🤣

MDGolfHacker

I'd think that the time, trouble, etc of dealing with this is worth at least a year's free dues at your local club

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Tony:

I was dealing with my insurance company as a go between with theirs. Any money that I put out I can claim with the other company (ie my deductible and money out of pocket for the rental). I had the option to go directly through the other person's insurance company but opted to use mine as a go between. At the time of the accident it was more comfort level then thinking things through (now I'm thinking that I should have gone straight through the other company). My insurance was basically saying what the other insurance company will most likely do, in case it's totalled or repaired. Like I said, i expect, if repaired, that monetary compensation should occur for the difference in diminished value versus current value. I won't be signing anything until I am satisfied. Now if they threw in a set of new clubs, I'd be signing tomorrow... I'm easy that way 😂🤣😂🤣😂😊

MDGolfHacker

I work with someone who just had the same thing happen to him last Wednesday night on his way home. He was told by both insurance companies that the compensation for diminished value is very small amount if he gets anything at all. He is hoping that they total out his vehicle, because if they don't then he is basically stuck with a vehicle that has not much value of traded in after the repairs are done. He feels the same way you do about the whole thing. He is working directly with the other insurance company mostly, and they told him they won't do anything until they receive the police report.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Tony:

I was dealing with my insurance company as a go between with theirs. Any money that I put out I can claim with the other company (ie my deductible and money out of pocket for the rental). I had the option to go directly through the other person's insurance company but opted to use mine as a go between. At the time of the accident it was more comfort level then thinking things through (now I'm thinking that I should have gone straight through the other company). My insurance was basically saying what the other insurance company will most likely do, in case it's totalled or repaired. Like I said, i expect, if repaired, that monetary compensation should occur for the difference in diminished value versus current value. I won't be signing anything until I am satisfied. Now if they threw in a set of new clubs, I'd be signing tomorrow... I'm easy that way

MDGolfHacker

Hacker, I am so sorry that this happened to you.   I really hate it when bad things happen to good people, especially when those good people are long time good friends.   Since the accident was not your fault, to me, it just isn't reasonable, appropriate or fair that you should experience an economic loss of any kind.  

OBTW: When last we played, didn't I see a set of clubs in the trunk of your car.   Surely, they were damaged by the force of the accident, for which you should be compensated.

Tony:

I was dealing with my insurance company as a go between with theirs. Any money that I put out I can claim with the other company (ie my deductible and money out of pocket for the rental). I had the option to go directly through the other person's insurance company but opted to use mine as a go between. At the time of the accident it was more comfort level then thinking things through (now I'm thinking that I should have gone straight through the other company). My insurance was basically saying what the other insurance company will most likely do, in case it's totalled or repaired. Like I said, i expect, if repaired, that monetary compensation should occur for the difference in diminished value versus current value. I won't be signing anything until I am satisfied. Now if they threw in a set of new clubs, I'd be signing tomorrow... I'm easy that way

MDGolfHacker

My car was hit in the parking lot of a busy grocery store in April resulting in a total loss.  The guy was driving a logging truck belonging to his employer in reverse through a busy shopping center while arguing with his wife on his cell phone.  And he had 7 points against his driving record at the time.  In Virginia, 5 points is supposed to result in a suspended license.  

Long story short, my insurance company acted as a "go between" so I wouldn't have to deal with the other company or the ******* who totaled my car.  His insurance company refused payment.  My insurance company paid my claim.  We were just notified last week, my insurance company refused to fight the other insurance company for damages so I'm stuck with an accident on my record that I had nothing to do with. 

Good luck dealing with the insurance companies.  My experience wasn't a pleasant one! 

My car was hit in the parking lot of a busy grocery store in April resulting in a total loss.  The guy was driving a logging truck belonging to his employer in reverse through a busy shopping center while arguing with his wife on his cell phone.  And he had 7 points against his driving record at the time.  In Virginia, 5 points is supposed to result in a suspended license.  

Long story short, my insurance company acted as a "go between" so I wouldn't have to deal with the other company or the ******* who totaled my car.  His insurance company refused payment.  My insurance company paid my claim.  We were just notified last week, my insurance company refused to fight the other insurance company for damages so I'm stuck with an accident on my record that I had nothing to do with. 

Good luck dealing with the insurance companies.  My experience wasn't a pleasant one! 

Same thing happened to me a long time ago (except it wasn't a logging truck!).  My insurance paid and said I could fight it, but if I lost I would incur all expenses.  When my insurance payment was due, the premium doubled.  Changed insurance companies.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hacker, I am so sorry that this happened to you. I really hate it when bad things happen to good people, especially when those good people are long time good friends. Since the accident was not your fault, to me, it just isn't reasonable, appropriate or fair that you should experience an economic loss of any kind.

OBTW: When last we played, didn't I see a set of clubs in the trunk of your car. Surely, they were damaged by the force of the accident, for which you should be compensated.

Or maybe they were stolen on the way to the garage. If I recall they were a brand new set of titleist, or maybe PXG or Ping 400's ?

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I work with someone who just had the same thing happen to him last Wednesday night on his way home. He was told by both insurance companies that the compensation for diminished value is very small amount if he gets anything at all. He is hoping that they total out his vehicle, because if they don't then he is basically stuck with a vehicle that has not much value of traded in after the repairs are done. He feels the same way you do about the whole thing. He is working directly with the other insurance company mostly, and they told him they won't do anything until they receive the police report.

Sounds about right. I made sure all insurance companies had copies of the police accident report as well as my witness contact info (who was behind me and saw the whole thing, wrote it down right there at the accident scene and just happened to be an off duty police dispatcher). I took enough pictures of the scene to fill a photo album and uploaded it to my Google drive account so any emails to either insurance company has links to the photos for their purview. No excuses for either one saying they don't have any info. I just thought they would move faster. I guess with it being holiday season and all, there's bound to be some slowdowns in processes.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Hacker, I am so sorry that this happened to you. I really hate it when bad things happen to good people, especially when those good people are long time good friends. Since the accident was not your fault, to me, it just isn't reasonable, appropriate or fair that you should experience an economic loss of any kind.

OBTW: When last we played, didn't I see a set of clubs in the trunk of your car. Surely, they were damaged by the force of the accident, for which you should be compensated.

Ha ha ha.. My insurance guy did say if anything was broken in the accident like a laptop etc... That I could claim it.. Ha ha ha.. I think my driver got dented in the accident. And the iron heads snapped off.. 😂🤣😂

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

My car was hit in the parking lot of a busy grocery store in April resulting in a total loss. The guy was driving a logging truck belonging to his employer in reverse through a busy shopping center while arguing with his wife on his cell phone. And he had 7 points against his driving record at the time. In Virginia, 5 points is supposed to result in a suspended license.

Long story short, my insurance company acted as a "go between" so I wouldn't have to deal with the other company or the ******* who totaled my car. His insurance company refused payment. My insurance company paid my claim. We were just notified last week, my insurance company refused to fight the other insurance company for damages so I'm stuck with an accident on my record that I had nothing to do with.

Good luck dealing with the insurance companies. My experience wasn't a pleasant one!

Wow, who did you have? Yeah, I better not have an accident listed on my totally clean driving record...

And why did they refuse payment, when it was clearly the other guys fault??

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Or maybe they were stolen on the way to the garage. If I recall they were a brand new set of titleist, or maybe PXG or Ping 400's ?

Actually they were the new prototype callaway fusion driver and x Forged irons... Almost priceless..

😂🤣😂😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Ha ha ha.. My insurance guy did say if anything was broken in the accident like a laptop etc... That I could claim it.. Ha ha ha.. I think my driver got dented in the accident. And the iron heads snapped off.. 🤣

MDGolfHacker

What? No damage to your Scotty?

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Wow, who did you have? Yeah, I better not have an accident listed on my totally clean driving record...

And why did they refuse payment, when it was clearly the other guys fault??

MDGolfHacker

Erie Insurance is my current provider and has been for 22 years.  That is likely to change next month when my policy expires. 

It's my understanding, refusal of a claim is becoming more and more commonplace.  The way it was explained to me by a close family friend who is a lawyer in the insurance field, most insurance companies know going after another insurance company who refuses payment will cost more than just covering their clients claim themselves.  Steve also explained, the more this is commonplace, the more it is likely to happen.

Again, corporations benefit from the misfortune of the middle class!  Our society is upside-down!

Erie Insurance is my current provider and has been for 22 years.  That is likely to change next month when my policy expires. 

We're with Erie as well. What's making you want to change? I've been thinking about it because I think our rates have gone up on the same vehicles we've had for years, with perfect driving records.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Erie Insurance is my current provider and has been for 22 years. That is likely to change next month when my policy expires.

It's my understanding, refusal of a claim is becoming more and more commonplace. The way it was explained to me by a close family friend who is a lawyer in the insurance field, most insurance companies know going after another insurance company who refuses payment will cost more than just covering their clients claim themselves. Steve also explained, the more this is commonplace, the more it is likely to happen.

Again, corporations benefit from the misfortune of the middle class! Our society is upside-down!

That makes sense from a greedy corporate screw the middle class point of view. Upside down is right! You pay all this money for insurance for years and when it comes time to use it they mess with you. That just isn't right...

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

We're with Erie as well. What's making you want to change? I've been thinking about it because I think our rates have gone up on the same vehicles we've had for years, with perfect driving records.

I quoted the previous text for a little more clarity.  To sum it all up, my car was totaled due to the negligence of someone else.  His insurance company refused to pay for my vehicle.  Erie paid my claim but refused to fight the other insurance company to recoup their losses resulting in an accident claim against my driving record.  

It's probably not as big a deal as I'm making it out to be.  It hasn't cost me anything so far.  It's more a matter of principle.  I have been a loyal customer for 22 years only having filed one claim in 2000 when I hit a deer on the interstate.  Now, when another insurance company is neglecting their responsibilities, Erie is leaving me holding the bag given my premiums are likely to increase next month when my policy is scheduled for renewal.

After reading all these posts about not getting a fair reimbursement from the insurance companies. Its making me think i need to find a good lawyer to have on hand to go after as much as I'm reasonably entitled to if involved in a similar accident.

I know that lawyers can be part of the problem at times by filing excessive suits. But it seems like you need to have someone knowledgeable on your side in these events.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I quoted the previous text for a little more clarity.  To sum it all up, my car was totaled due to the negligence of someone else.  His insurance company refused to pay for my vehicle.  Erie paid my claim but refused to fight the other insurance company to recoup their losses resulting in an accident claim against my driving record.  

It's probably not as big a deal as I'm making it out to be.  It hasn't cost me anything so far.  It's more a matter of principle.  I have been a loyal customer for 22 years only having filed one claim in 2000 when I hit a deer on the interstate.  Now, when another insurance company is neglecting their responsibilities, Erie is leaving me holding the bag given my premiums are likely to increase next month when my policy is scheduled for renewal.

Thanks for answering. I'm not 100% sure what we're going to do yet.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8