Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Player,GI,Super GI

revkev

I've enjoyed reading the results of the Most Wanted Iron tests.

Mizuno 900 hit metals Super GI? I'm not sure about that one but regardless I would love to see MGS release results from any tester who was invoked in all three tests. I noticed that there was a 2 in the Super GI category.

I think it would be awesome to see which iron type performed best for him or anyone else involved in all three.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I was surprised to see thst as well. I can tell you from having them in hand now, they do not look anything like your typical SGI club.

We will see about forgiveness when I actually am able to get them out to hit. Maybe because they have 3 models in the JPX line, they felt one fit into each slot, players, GI and SGI. Although I'm not sure I'd I'd put the Forged in the GI category either.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Forged fall into GI because of the boron and stronger lofts IMO. Also, they have a little more perimeter weighting compared to the Tours.

I don't know what chromoly is, so I won't comment on the Hot Metals aside from the thicker sole and what looks to be even more help in the back.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

My guess would be that since there are 3 models in the JPX 900 line that the tours are players,  forged are GI, making the hot metals SGI.  

There is probably only 1 tester that did all three tests and that would be the Sam.  I did players and GI and it does consume a  lot of time so doing all three would tough for someone that works.  Additionally, unless you had access to all the data,  it is basically impossible to remember the launch monitor numbers from one session to another. 

I did hit some of the SGI clubs but not in an official capacity.  The basics for me were that I didn't get as much distance with the players as i did with the other irons.  The distance loss wasn't related to mishits, they were decently hit balls.  I think picking the club that performed the best would be difficult since you hit the clubs on one day and performance is largely based on how good of a swing I had that day.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

My guess would be that since there are 3 models in the JPX 900 line that the tours are players, forged are GI, making the hot metals SGI.

There is probably only 1 tester that did all three tests and that would be the Sam. I did players and GI and it does consume a lot of time so doing all three would tough for someone that works. Additionally, unless you had access to all the data, it is basically impossible to remember the launch monitor numbers from one session to another.

I did hit some of the SGI clubs but not in an official capacity. The basics for me were that I didn't get as much distance with the players as i did with the other irons. The distance loss wasn't related to mishits, they were decently hit balls. I think picking the club that performed the best would be difficult since you hit the clubs on one day and performance is largely based on how good of a swing I had that day.

Thanks - I'd be curious about all the factors - not just distance - dispersion and spin rates are important too.

BTW we all appreciate the time that all of you put into testing clubs. I know that's work even though there's an element of fun. It's time away from family and playing golf on the course yourself.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Thanks - I'd be curious about all the factors - not just distance - dispersion and spin rates are important too.

BTW we all appreciate the time that all of you put into testing clubs. I know that's work even though there's an element of fun. It's time away from family and playing golf on the course yourself.

More thanks to CNosil and the other testers.   I had the chance to speak to him about the experience a few weeks ago during our round.  it is ALOT of exhausting work, but yes he did mention if he didn't enjoy it, he probably wouldn't be doing it  :D

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Archived