:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I know from my youth that one should have an empty coffee can with which to collect and store bacon grease.   Most things taste great when cooked in bacon grease.

Maybe once a year I make gumbo with duck and mushrooms, and render the fat from the ducks to use to make the roux.  I always hope I get more duck fat than I need, so I can use it another time to cook my home-fries in.  Duck fat is even better than bacon fat.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I cook from scratch a lot...even have my own blog (which I haven't updated in a while). I do Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Greek, some American like sausage gravy, and quite a few Australian foods that you can't get here, like Australian beef sausages, meat pies, sausage rolls, pavlova. I also make a quick and dirty Apple Pie Shine.

I'm smoking a butt on Saturday for pulled pork on my home built UDS.

All that and brewing beer and vinting wine as well.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 11 months later...

I just found some moose hamburger in my freezer, I thought I ate it all. So with me finding that and it being 3 pounds and I cook for myself I'm looking for some ideas on what to cook. Going to make some into tacos and with it being so lean I'm trying to avoid hamburgers themselves. Any ideas is much appreciated.

My best friends mother used to edit cookbooks. He was also my first college roommate, so I have been cooking for many years. And am pretty good.

My first cooking experience was when I was 10 and spending the summer with my grandparents on their farm. My grandmother had a gall bladder problem and we took her to the hospital. When we got home my grandfather sat me at the table and set a frying pan and a mirror in front of me and said "You can either learn how to cook, or watch yourself starve to death."

He then told me I was going to cook fried chicken, mashed potatoes and cream gravy. I could come ask him if I needed any help. He was kind enough to point out the chicken I was to catch and cook that night. The pieces only vaguely resembled what most people think of as chicken legs, thighs etc. It was nearly burnt on the outside and bloody on the inside, and the mashed potatoes had to be poured over the gravy because of their viscosity. The next night I cooked pork chops but, mercifully, I did not have to catch a hog first.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

You should get a subscription to Food & Wine magazine. My mother got me 2 years for like $12 as a Christmas present one year. Its an excellent way to try out new recipes and they offer wine pairings to go with the meal. My wife and I would rip out any recipes that looked interesting and throw them in a notebook. We would make the recipe and pair it with a bottle of wine and if we liked it we would keep it and make notes on it and if we didn't we would toss it. We haven't received the magazine in over 4 years, yet we still have a stack of new stuff to try.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Another fairly good recipe source that I have found is Yummly.com

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

My cooking origin story isn't quite as good as Rick's, but I did spend a summer cooking on a guest ranch in Wyoming (A-Bar-A) under a French-trained chef. That's where I learned to cook. Some of the most useful skills I've learned.

My goto is the Serious Eats blog, especially Kenji Alt's Food Lab. I like to know how food works.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Which genre

Turn on Parts Unknown on Netflix with Anthony Bourdain and you'll have a ton of great ideas.

My favorites? Breakfast themed meals. A simple potato with a crunch on the sides with some over easy eggs, rye toast and a braised beef or brisket. Even some bacon.

There's no sadness that can't be cured by breakfast food.

-Ron Swanson

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Which genre

Turn on Parts Unknown on Netflix with Anthony Bourdain and you'll have a ton of great ideas.

My favorites? Breakfast themed meals. A simple potato with a crunch on the sides with some over easy eggs, rye toast and a braised beef or brisket. Even some bacon.

There's no sadness that can't be cured by breakfast food.

-Ron Swanson

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I would agree with that. Love how hearty or light a breakfast can be. Even better when using leftover from the night before.

I think I started to cook when I was about 10. My parents were always out for business and I had 2 younger brothers to take care of. Do started making fried eggs, then increased difficulty with pasta, etc...

When I turned 18, I came to Germany by myself, no family, living alone. Eating out was expensive so just like Rick, you either learn or starve. Luckily, I got my chicken from the supermarket.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I would agree with that. Love how hearty or light a breakfast can be. Even better when using leftover from the night before.

I think I started to cook when I was about 10. My parents were always out for business and I had 2 younger brothers to take care of. Do started making fried eggs, then increased difficulty with pasta, etc...

When I turned 18, I came to Germany by myself, no family, living alone. Eating out was expensive so just like Rick, you either learn or starve. Luckily, I got my chicken from the supermarket.

Food is the one language we all collectively speak. It's a means to bring each other together and forget our differences. Eating is great but cooking for my friends brings me pure joy.

I am making this for breakfast this weekend. Cheers and good eating to you!

https://explorepartsunknown.com/london/eggs-in-purgatory-recipe-nigella-lawson/

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

• 8 months later...

So as some of you know being a firefighter and being one of the new guys means cooking occasionally. Tonight I cooked about 6 or so lbs of sausage for sausage and peppers. Started it this morning before taking a nap.

So question is have any of you guys ever had sausage and peppers in oil and red wine or is it always in a tomato sauce?

1 minute ago, tommc23 said:

So as some of you know being a firefighter and being one of the new guys means cooking occasionally. Tonight I cooked about 6 or so lbs of sausage for sausage and peppers. Started it this morning before taking a nap.

So question is have any of you guys ever had sausage and peppers in oil and red wine or is it always in a tomato sauce?

spooky- we are having sausages in a gravy of wine, peppers, onions and a few herbs tonight (in 20 mins actually). I've added long grain rice as well to soak up the juice and add more filling. There will be tomato sauce added to each persons taste as well.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

11 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

spooky- we are having sausages in a gravy of wine, peppers, onions and a few herbs tonight (in 20 mins actually). I've added long grain rice as well to soak up the juice and add more filling. There will be tomato sauce added to each persons taste as well.

I did tomato based the guys at the firehouse never heard of red wine based so I'll have to introduce them to it.

I did tomato based the guys at the firehouse never heard of red wine based so I'll have to introduce them to it.

My boss’ mother is 2nd generation off the boat. He makes it the same way you do. We liked it so much it became our Sunday meal.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

14 hours ago, bens197 said:

My boss’ mother is 2nd generation off the boat. He makes it the same way you do. We liked it so much it became our Sunday meal.

I'm not Italian at all I've just had some friends who are cook it in red wine. I had no red wine so had to go tomato but the guys at the firehouse liked it.

I'm not Italian at all I've just had some friends who are cook it in red wine. I had no red wine so had to go tomato but the guys at the firehouse liked it.

Me neither but I can eat like one . I’ve had both with wine and with tomatoes. So long as they’re San Marzano’s it’s always been good.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

• 1 year later...
I'm resurrecting this thread so we can have one thread with multiple recipes instead of multiple threads.
I did pan seared scallops tonight for dinner.

I love them after a good butter sear and finished with some grated orange and lemon peel.

Short ribs were on sale at Wegman’s. I braised them and served with brown rice and a quick julienned cucumber and carrot pickle.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

I'm cooking 1 in thick pork chops and bacon dressing potato salad for the guys I work with in 2 days.

Bacon. Dressing. Potato. Salad.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV