Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

This thread has the potential to be very long. Between the weekly updates and the program being 72 weeks long. I hope you guys see some extra yards.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This thread has the potential to be very long. Between the weekly updates and the program being 72 weeks long. I hope you guys see some extra yards.

I'm seeing a potential for some pretty good gains. I've only picked up about 1.12% the first week, which is not bad, but I think once my body gets used to it, I'll see some speed gains.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tommc23 said:

I have seen gains in speed, but it also seems like I have lost some control with my driver.  The timing suggests that there may be some correlation.  I will reserve further judgement until after the next week or two.

Right now however, if my course had houses on it, I would definitely be seeing some extra yards!!  :D

• Like 5

I have seen gains in speed, but it also seems like I have lost some control with my driver.  The timing suggests that there may be some correlation.  I will reserve further judgement until after the next week or two.
Right now however, if my course had houses on it, I would definitely be seeing some extra yards!!  
You nearly caused me to wake the wife from laughing. I feel your pain about driver control, I'm hoping as we go on it will get better, it may just be an adjustment period.

That is just too funny, though!

I’ve also encounter some swing sequencing issues.

I’m not letting that bother me though. Change takes patience.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, revkev said:

I’ve also encounter some swing sequencing issues.

I’m not letting that bother me though. Change takes patience.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Exactly!  I expect that this change will impact my swing, and Iaccept it.  If I can gain speed, then I will fix direction later.

• Like 1

I have only been on the range since starting the SuperSpeed training, but I haven't noticed any swing or direction issues. Are you guys *trying* to swing faster with your driver? I was just using what felt like my normal controlled driver swing on the range, not over swinging like I do with the training clubs. Doing this I still saw a gain of 2 mph, without trying to "swing faster". I will need to get out to the course and see if my range session translates to on the course driving.

• Like 2

I played Saturday and wasn't trying to kill it, just keep the same tempo that I usually play with. I think from this training, I might be getting back in the habit of going over the top. It'll just take a little work to get it right.

Knowing is half the battle.

44 minutes ago, Kegger said:

I have only been on the range since starting the SuperSpeed training, but I haven't noticed any swing or direction issues. Are you guys *trying* to swing faster with your driver? I was just using what felt like my normal controlled driver swing on the range, not over swinging like I do with the training clubs. Doing this I still saw a gain of 2 mph, without trying to "swing faster". I will need to get out to the course and see if my range session translates to on the course driving.

Yup, that's the intention. You build the speed with the training, but shouldn't then feel like you're forcing it with the club.
If you can build up a more natural fast speed then when you go back to your "usual" swing it should be faster than it was without trying for it, you shouldn't be trying to swing your gaming swing as fast as your Superspeed sticks.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:41 AM, 03trdblack said:

Intro

Follow me on my Instagram! @rob.c.slade (I'm in the red shirt)

Me.JPG

First and foremost I want to thank MGS again for the chance to review another product.  I was lucky enough to be selected to test the Snell MTB Black last year and now have the chance to try out the new SuperSpeed Golf program.  The link below to my Snell review gives a little background on me and my game but I’ll recap some info as well.

I’ve been a pretty decent golfer since I started playing at age 14 (now 36) and currently carry a handicap of 1.7.  I’ve always been an equipment junkie which led me down the road to building golf clubs as soon as I started playing and I’ve been a clubmaker now for over 22 years.  A friend of mine purchased the SuperSpeed clubs and I had just asked him to borrow them the week before I got picked.  Talk about amazing timing!   

My ballstriking is very consistent and pitching and chipping are solid.  Putting can be streaky and some days are better than others.  My swing has a very smooth tempo and even when I feel like I’m swinging all out, it still looks very smooth and lazy like an Ernie Els or Fred Couples.  My swing may or may not have been referenced to as the Michael McDonald of golf swings. Shoutout to any Yacht Rock fans! 

MichaelMcDonald.jpg

tenor.gif

The biggest problem to my game has always been that I’ve been an average distance player and only carry a swing speed of around 100mph with a driver as of my last Trackman fitting.  When I enter tournaments, I am usually playing the back tees due to my handicap and spend most of my round hitting long irons into greens and trying to get up and down for pars.  Not having shorter shots into long holes limits my ability to take advantage of scoring opportunities by having shorter putts.

I’ve been into weight lifting and working out at the gym since I was in high school and visit the gym 3-4 times a week religiously.  Over the last few years I’ve added quite a bit of muscle mass but unfortunately as I’ve gotten older I’ve also gained a bit of undesired weight as well.  I currently weigh around 240lbs at 5’9” tall. I don’t stretch as much as I should and my flexibility has been suffering.  Luckily my swing speed hasn’t gone down over the years but it hasn’t gone up either with the additional strength gained in the gym.  I really hope the SuperSpeed program will help with that and I’m very optimistic!

Quick Stats

•    My driver distance carry, on average, is around 240-245 yards.
•    I hit a 3 iron between 190-205 yards.
•    I hit an 8 iron between 148-153 yards 
•    I hit a SW between 95-100 yards

I’m really hoping that this system will bump me up to around 105 mph with a driver which should give me an extra15 yards or so off the tee.  This may be a lofty goal but it would be a huge addition to my game to have 1-2 less clubs into greens.  Even if I only gain 1-2 mph but increase my flexibility then I would consider it a complete success.  I also quite look forward to using the weighted clubs as a way to warm up before rounds and get my sore muscles moving and ready to play.

yoga.jpg

home-large-gumby.png

First Impressions 

I was very excited when the sticks and radar unit arrived.  I just knew more speed was about to come my way!

UponDelivery.jpg

OpenKit.jpg

Unfortunately, after I opened everything up and inspected each item, my excitement quickly vanished.  I discovered that one of the SuperSpeed shafts was broken directly under the grip.  It was strange because the box it was shipped in was in perfect condition and had no damage from UPS.  There was plastic over the grip as well that was in perfect condition so I can only guess it was damaged in the factory before it was packaged and shipped out.

BrokenGrip.jpg

If that wasn’t disappointing enough, I then discovered the radar unit that came with the SuperSpeed was also broken.  The display would turn on but would not display the information correctly.  Now to be fair, the radar was not made by the SuperSpeed company but was something they added as part of the test/review.  I honestly couldn’t believe I was having such bad luck before I even started!

RadarBroken.jpg

I reached back out to MyGolfSpy and they passed on my issues to SuperSpeed.  That same day I had Kyle Shay (CEO and Founder) at SuperSpeed reach out to me via email and apologize for the issues.  He said that he’s never seen anything like this and immediately sent out a replacement SuperSpeed and a replacement radar unit.  I thought this was pretty great, especially since the radar wasn’t even their product!  I received the new items a day later and sent the broken items back.   

SuperSpeed has a quote on their website that says,  

“Gain the competitive edge that more distance provides. We believe that all golfers can have a more enjoyable experience by creating a more efficient golf swing. It always helps to be 30 yards longer off the tee. Unleash your speed!” 

Just to be honest, I don’t expect to gain 30 yards off the tee using this program.  I do feel that I can gain maybe 5 mph which would give me around 15 extra yards.  I would be plenty ecstatic if that were to happen and plan to make every effort to achieve this goal.  I really like the training protocol as it appeals to my gym rat nature and if I can see results in the gym with a training routine then there is no reason I can’t see results with this program either (assuming I don’t hurt myself :) ).

backpain.jpg

Our training protocol is going to be discussed and I believe will last approx. 6 weeks 72 weeks!  The workouts are supposed to be done 3-4 times a week and only take about 10 total minutes to complete.  My old plan was to align my SuperSpeed workouts with my gym routine so that I can get both the benefit of the additional workout as well as being able to swing a golf club after lifting in order to stretch.  We were actually told that this isn't the correct way and that I should do the SuperSpeed training BEFORE any workout so that the muscles are at their full strentgh level and fatigue doesn't interfere.  

I feel if I pick up 5 mph+ on my swing then it would be enough to justify the price SuperSpeed Golf charges.  I’ll have to keep reminding myself that with any program, you have to see it through or you can’t say it didn’t work.  I don’t plan on this being like that treadmill that everyone buys and then stops using after 3 weeks…you know who you are.
treadmill.jpg

great intro and kudos to SuperSpeed for their response.  

• Like 1

On 10/7/2018 at 9:43 PM, Kenny B said:

You should be seeing our Stage 2 results sometime around Thanksgiving, when will be completing Protocol 1.  I think the results will be... interesting! 

Thanksgiving? That was Monday... you're talking to the wrong country 😀🍗

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Finally going to put my swing to the test this Saturday on a course that I play regularly.  So if I'm in places I've never been before, I will be pleasantly surprised.  Not going to try & swing out of my shoes, just going to swing normal with a "slight" thought about the Swing Speed sticks in my hand.  LOL  It should be interesting to say the least.  🤔

• Like 4

1 hour ago, golfinnut said:

Finally going to put my swing to the test this Saturday on a course that I play regularly.  So if I'm in places I've never been before, I will be pleasantly surprised.  Not going to try & swing out of my shoes, just going to swing normal with a "slight" thought about the Swing Speed sticks in my hand.  LOL  It should be interesting to say the least.  🤔

Good luck!!  I did that last Saturday.  Took me awhile to square the club face.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, golfinnut said:

Good luck.  I've played twice since starting the program.  Both times I found myself overswinging off the tee for the first few holes.  It's hard to get the SuperSpeed swinging method out of your head.

• Like 3

You all have me scared now! I will be playing my first round on Sunday. I will be sure to note in my weekly update how my driving was during the round.

Finally going to put my swing to the test this Saturday on a course that I play regularly.  So if I'm in places I've never been before, I will be pleasantly surprised.  Not going to try & swing out of my shoes, just going to swing normal with a "slight" thought about the Swing Speed sticks in my hand.  LOL  It should be interesting to say the least.  
Good luck and have fun! I'm sure you'll notice speed gains, but it could get a little wild.

• Like 1

Just wanted to give you guys some info on how the training is going. I did a session Tuesday night and I'm seeing an improvement, especially left handed. There's still a bit of a gap between hands, but the left side is getting closer in some drills to my starting SS of 89mph. rps20181010_200654.jpegrps20181010_200354.jpeg

I'm a little flustered that I'm having difficulties reaching 100, especially with my lightest club on the first swings. I have to remind myself that I'm doing these after working all day and most of the gas is out of the tank. I'm hoping to get in another session Thursday if the rain holds off and play Saturday.

I probably won't have Arccos data, because the course isn't in the system. I've contacted them and they are going to map it. Their customer service is great!

I hope any of you that are reading this that are affected by the hurricane are safe and our thoughts and prayers go out to you.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm a little flustered that I'm having difficulties reaching 100, especially with my lightest club on the first swings.

Don't feel bad!  I reached 101 last Sunday; only time since I started.

I just finished my last session of Week 2 today.  Not a whole lot of improvement, but going back to day 1, the trend is a slight gain across the board. About what I would expect.  That's why it's a 72 week program!!!

Here are my maximums at the end of Week 2.

Light                            Medium                      Heavy

image.png

• Like 3

I'll have my week 2 results up tomorrow or Saturday.  So far it hasn't been a great week for me.  The first session was a couple of hours after a round out on the course.  The 2nd was at 6am after a night of staying up a little too late.  Hopefully session three goes a little better.