hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

@L.I. Rich man just hang in there. Do NOT be afraid to take a few days or a week away from the training and come back. Sometimes this can benefit you.

As an aside........we all gotta remember also, golf and the golf swing is very complex, and sometimes we point fingers at unrelated issues. Remember, "correlation is not always causation." Sometimes. I'll use example of myself this last week, I played like hammered poop, like stop keeping score bad and try to hit the ball, like loose 7 balls bad.......and shot 72 just a few weeks ago. So there I stand, starting to climb the pity bus for a non-stop trip! Thinking "I've spent all these months, I KNOW I have this added speed, and getting my @$$ kicked by my buddy. We start paying attention to divots, and alignment at address.............I found myself a new habit (somehow) setting up closed and aligned out to right field!

Bought some nylon rope, used 4 tees, made two alignment aids and off to the range and now I think I'm already on the mend. We called my awful outing last week "back to basics day." 🙂

You'll get there don't fret. We've all played PLENTY if s*** golf WELLLLLLLLL before superspeed I'm sure, I'm sure we'll play more too 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Trial&Error said:

@L.I. Rich man just hang in there. Do NOT be afraid to take a few days or a week away from the training and come back. Sometimes this can benefit you.

As an aside........we all gotta remember also, golf and the golf swing is very complex, and sometimes we point fingers at unrelated issues. Remember, "correlation is not always causation." Sometimes. I'll use example of myself this last week, I played like hammered poop, like stop keeping score bad and try to hit the ball, like loose 7 balls bad.......and shot 72 just a few weeks ago. So there I stand, starting to climb the pity bus for a non-stop trip! Thinking "I've spent all these months, I KNOW I have this added speed, and getting my @$$ kicked by my buddy. We start paying attention to divots, and alignment at address.............I found myself a new habit (somehow) setting up closed and aligned out to right field!

Bought some nylon rope, used 4 tees, made two alignment aids and off to the range and now I think I'm already on the mend. We called my awful outing last week "back to basics day." 🙂

You'll get there don't fret. We've all played PLENTY if s*** golf WELLLLLLLLL before superspeed I'm sure, I'm sure we'll play more too 🙂

Amen brother. Thank you!

Fellow SuperSpeeders I need your help!  Head on over to the Cobra Connect Challenge 3 page and vote for your favorite SS tester.  If I'm not your favorite vote for me anyway!  Link to the thread is in my signature and embedded below.  Thanks!

download.png.f5ee0e13f998b8a448b32eff3712ae78.png

• Like 6

Fellow SuperSpeeders I need your help!  Head on over to the Cobra Connect Challenge 3 page and vote for your favorite SS tester.  If I'm not your favorite vote for me anyway!  Link to the thread is in my signature and embedded below.  Thanks!
download.png.f5ee0e13f998b8a448b32eff3712ae78.png

If we vote for you do we get an extra boost in our swing speed?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

If we vote for you do we get an extra boost in our swing speed?!

Well I am kind of being a politician here so I'll lie and say YES!!!!  Vote for me and you'll see a 5mph gain in your swing speed!*

*swing speed increases are not actually guaranteed.

• Like 3

Well I am kind of being a politician here so I'll lie and say YES!!!!  Vote for me and you'll see a 5mph gain in your swing speed!*
*swing speed increases are not actually guaranteed.

Well then I cannot see any reason not to vote! Thank you good sir!

And in all seriousness, good luck with the challenge!!

• Like 2

4 weeks in and I think I’m on the brink of some increases.

IMG_4758.jpg

I came within 1mph of matching my fastest swing, and I had a greater frequency of higher swing speeds too.

These last two weeks can’t go fast enough before I retest my swing speed officially.

On course I’ve been no worse on accuracy but feel like I’ve gotten some gains. Perhaps 10-12 yards? Not sure if that’s because of higher swing speed or a little more consistency hitting the sweet spot, but I’ll take it either way!

This was my best drive from yesterday was within a foot of running out of fairway.

IMG_4762.jpg

How did you guys test your swing speed after the first six weeks? Just swinging in front of the radar or with balls?

• Like 3

IMG_4758.jpg.af8db396323cf49268c81820d67ed181.jpg

I came within 1mph of matching my fastest swing, and I had a greater frequency of higher swing speeds too.

These last two weeks can’t go fast enough before I retest my swing speed officially.

On course I’ve been no worse on accuracy but feel like I’ve gotten some gains. Perhaps 10-12 yards? Not sure if that’s because of higher swing speed or a little more consistency hitting the sweet spot, but I’ll take it either way!

This was my best drive from yesterday was within a foot of running out of fairway.

IMG_4762.thumb.jpg.66d3e05dac57f45bcfb93f877b36abeb.jpg

How did you guys test your swing speed after the first six weeks? Just swinging in front of the radar or with balls?

That is an absolute bomb! It's crazy when you nearly overshoot the fairway, although it's a good problem to have.

I always test my swing speed at the range, hitting balls. I would also like to recommend treating it for the next couple of weeks, sometimes the jump will not happen immediately after finishing one protocol and starting another. So, please don't get discouraged if you don't see it at week six, it might be week seven or eight before the new speed sets in.

Keep it up! You'll definitely love the new distance you'll gain.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

15 hours ago, B.Boston said:

IMG_4758.jpg

This was my best drive from yesterday was within a foot of running out of fairway. emoji41.png

IMG_4762.jpg

My testing always consisted of warming up through the bag, and then hitting 10 drivers recording all the swings, and making note of my fastest and then the average over 10.

Also, I choose to "test" much more frequently in the beginning. I think it takes a little bit of pressure off of the actual test day, and heaven forbid you should wait all those weeks for that fateful day only to not be "feeling it" or yourself.............and set your self up for heart break. Since I tested more frequently, I would say there are DEFIANTLY days when you just "don't have it" and those when you really do. Just my two cents. 

• Like 1

My testing always consisted of warming up through the bag, and then hitting 10 drivers recording all the swings, and making note of my fastest and then the average over 10.
Also, I choose to "test" much more frequently in the beginning. I think it takes a little bit of pressure off of the actual test day, and heaven forbid you should wait all those weeks for that fateful day only to not be "feeling it" or yourself.............and set your self up for heart break. Since I tested more frequently, I would say there are DEFIANTLY days when you just "don't have it" and those when you really do. Just my two cents. 

No doubt about that! I know I have days where I’m swinging poorly and am just happy to have it on the fairway.

I’ve hit on the Sim at work and hit 105+ a few times, and upper 157-158 ball speed (Full swing simulator).

While I’d love to see some huge numbers Ill probably test over a few days to get a better idea. I can feel the days when I’m tight and when I’m loose and feeling it.

I will say this, I feel like this has already paid off! I played a round with my friend that used to be neck and neck with me, and I was consistently 10-15 yards past him, which was the goal to begin with :). I had one swing after training that hit 114 on the Radar, but this was without a ball, although I tried to swing as if I was swinging at a ball. That seems unlikely to me during actual swings, but was pretty cool anyway!

I’ve got a training session to do today and I’m feeling pretty good this morning so hopefully the first session of week 5 will bring some new personal bests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funny how different we are - I always tested my SS with five drives at the end of a session. (I’d replace the 3 swings at the end with 5 real drives)

Of interest I’m always faster at that point than any other. One of these days I’m going to do the level one protocol and then go out and play.

I’ve done it and played three holes and hit career drives on two of them (one was into the wind.)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

I’ve found that when I’m out of sync making a recoil swing or two off to the side gets me back in.

Has anyone else tried it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, revkev said:

I’ve found that when I’m out of sync making a recoil swing or two off to the side gets me back in.

No. But I will. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

Nice tip! I can see that helping since you need to really finish your forward swing to load up for the recoil.

• Like 1

I have been using the super speed golf system since March 26. In 9 weeks the only things I'm certain of "for me" are:

1. My golf swing muscles are ALWAYS tired. 3 × week, 2 × week, doesn't matter.

2. I'm not hitting the ball any further, and I'm often all over the course now. 

3. This is the worst my tempo has ever been since I made it to a single digit index. 

I'm selling these on Ebay and going back to only using my orange whip.

Fwiw, 2.5 index, with a driver ss of 100-105. I understand I'm an outlier...

• Like 1

I have been using the super speed golf system since March 26. In 9 weeks the only things I'm certain of "for me" are:
3. This is the worst my tempo has ever been since I made it to a single digit index. 

Sorry to hear that! I agree with the tired
Muscles... it’s a workout!

I feel that my tempo has actually
Improved. I credit this more to the swing speed radar because it has shown my I am more consistently fast when I go smooth from the top versus hard. It’s helped me ensure I finish my backswing before starting down.

At a 2.5 index you’re doing something right!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Naflack40 said:

Sorry to hear this.  

I agree that your golf swing muscles are always tired. I bought these sticks when my golf instructor had me swing them before a lesson. I didn’t think much about the sticks after swinging them....I thought they were a gimmick. The next day it felt like someone had beaten me....and I work out all the time. It was then that I ordered them.   My muscles are still sore on and off. 

As for your tempo.....yeah that would be a killer for me as well. Maybe the old adage is true....not everything works for everybody. 

• Like 2

Have you tried reaching out to SuperSpeed golf about this? I had lots of muscle soreness once we switched to kneeling. My trainer recommended protein just before workouts and Greek yogurt with cherries or fresh cherry juice afterwards. It really helped.

Also the recoil swings are great for tempo. They are found in the video listed as ASD2. Try that for a few weeks at least before giving it up.

As a 2.5 I’m sure your goal is to shave those last few strokes off (I know because was there - never quite made it .8 was my lowest - if I had this I may have gotten there). Sometimes you need to take a step back before moving forward.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Naflack40 said:

That's a bummer, sorry to hear that news.

Is there a Plan B? Given you bought them for more speed either just wanting more or feeling you needed more........where will the efforts be directed now, other means in mind? Or "eh, I've got enough."

• Like 1

Need to get started with this again. Took a break due to some pain in my fingers. It has been about 3 week since i have done training.