Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

International

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

On 4/12/2024 at 10:56 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Best of luck with your goals and hope to hear about your tournament!

It is great to see so many new international members jumping on and joining the forum!

Thanks Mate! Seems like a good place to learn more!

Just trying to figure this sport out, 1 day at a time

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I hit my first ball on October 15th 2023 and since that it's been a non stop, I normally go on weekends as during the week is quite difficult for me but when I have some time I'll be on the range or on the course. I got my handicap 1 month ago so I'm 36 currently, haven't played any tournament yet and my normal score sits around 110 and 120, currently working to get it down.

2. What do you love about golf?

I really love everything that comes with golf, meeting new people almost every time I play a round is amazing for me, also the difficult but simplicity of the game makes it spectacular for me also the technical part that comes on the swing makes me to be constantly searching for information to improve.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I know MyGolfSpy since a month ago or so, I've been in the forums reading for all these time and now I just decided to get into it! And no, I don't know any other spy yet.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I'm from Spain! And my home course is the Centro Nacional de Golf in Madrid.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Price, I think here in Spain, in Madrid specifically is getting so so expensive, either the green fee or the membership are getting insanely expensive. Also the way you get into golf, I don't really like that you need a handicap just to get inside a golf course, I mean, I love the handicap system and I think for competing Is amazing but for a casual player that just wants to enjoy a round of golf it's just an impediment.

6. What do you do for a living?

I'm a programmer, mobile developer, I make mobile apps for different companies, it's been my passion since I was a kid.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Is just the way my parents called me so I use it every time I can.

Driver: Inesis 100

4/5 Hybrid: Inesis 100

6/7 Iron: Inesis 100

8/9 Iron: Inesis 100

Putter: Odyssey 2-ball White Ice

Greeting from Ireland 

Starting playing golf when I was young with my father. Use to go play pitch and putt every weekend. My uncle was a chef at a local golf club so when I was older I joined the club and got lifts with him everyday during the summer. So in total played for about 8-9 years until I was 16 and found booze and women 😅

Didn't touch a club again _until COVID hit and decided to give it another go, and fell back in love with it.

When I was younger all my golf was on links courses, but play parkland now. So have had to learn a different type of golf (bump and runs don't work too well on soft wet ground!). Gets frustrating playing parkland do with the weather here. My local was only 9 holes for the last 6 months due to the rain. So hard to keep the motivation. But the sun is back now and so is the 18 holes so all is good again for at least the next few months 😀 

Driver: Titleist TSR2

3 wood: Titleist TSR2

2 iron: TaylorMade stealth plus hybrid

Irons: Titleist T100

Wedges: Titleist vokey

Putter: Odyssey Toulon Design Chicago

Ball: Titleist ProV1 

Launch monitor: Garmin R10

Hello, I’m Dave from Edinburgh. 👌

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I’ve been playing for around 25 years and am currently a 6 handicap.

What do you love about golf?

Spending time with friends.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I’ve been hanging around on the sidelines for quite a while and decided it was finally time to dive in!

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I’m from Edinburgh, Scotland. My home club is Archerfield but I’m also a member of Cruden Bay, Princes and The St Andrews Golf Club.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

We’re very lucky to have some of the best golf courses in the world on our doorstep but golf here is becoming increasingly expensive.

What do you do for a living?

I worked in finance for a long time but currently I work in golf travel.

How’d you pick your user name?

It’s the same - unimaginative! - one I use for everything!

Rogue ST Max with Autoflex sf505x
u505 3i with Graphite Design DI-85
Miura cb-202 5i
Miura Tournament Blade 7i and 9i
Miura Y-grind 53 degree wedge
Miura Prototype Forged 57 degree wedge
Odyssey White Hot OG Rossie S 

Donald from Canada here. Hello to all. 
I took up golf at age 30 but started to take it more seriously when I retired at 52. Joined a club, took some lessons and am lucky enough to have a spouse who enjoys golfing almost as much as I do.

WITB -fitted at Ping Canada.

Ping G410 Driver, 3 wood, 5 wood  19* hybrid  22* hybrid  26* hybrid

Ping G410 7, 8, 9, wedge, utility

Ping S159 54* 58* wedges

Ping Tyne Sigma 2 putter

Belong to South Ajax Golf course and play most nice days.

Edited by Hicksy

Ping G410 Driver

Ping G410 Woods

Ping G410 Irons and Hybrids

Ping S159 Wedges

Ping Tyne Sigma 2 Putter

Hi all! I'm Jimmy from sunny(ish) Devon in England. I've been playing golf for over 24 years basically growing up on a golf course with my father being the secretary. The last 10 years I fell out of love with the game, playing possibly once or twice a year. But of course the bug never leaves and last year I finally came back to the fold.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

24 years and currently holding a 23.5 handicap. 

What do you love about golf?

What I love about golf is that every shot can be the one, the reason you play golf. Some play to shoot low, some play for fun, I play to see that perfect shot, the ball pin seeking or the perfect drive. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I saw the driver test on YouTube and decided to have a look. I've been trying to find something different than the usual YouTube golf channels following trends. 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Devon, England and currently I'm a member at two clubs being Dainton Park golf club & Bovey Castle.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Devon has a huge range of varied courses, links, parkland, community, private, championship. The worst thing atm is trying to book a tee time.

What do you do for a living?

I'm training to be a quantity surveyor with a chartered company.

How’d you pick your user name?

It's a new handle I've made to hopefully journal my story getting as low as I can.

Full bag to come

Welcome to all you new spies. This is a great place to be and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik  4-AW,

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

IMG_5085.jpeg