Testers Wanted: ExPutt! ×

Pro Trackman Stats

A friend of mine sent this to me the other day.  I thought it was interesting to see.  Trackman compiled their data on PGA and LPGA players and found their averages for every club.  When watching the events on TV, the commentators make the players out to be untouchable.  Don't get me wrong, they can all hit a ball, but their fairways are tight and firm so the ball gets a lot of roll.  Anyway, take a look at the numbers and make what you want out of it!  My numbers are almost identical to the PGA players, however my consistency is definitely not!!!

IMG_1460.thumb.PNG.a9469c59849cc5186cdbd9073a2a8c69.PNGIMG_1459.thumb.PNG.c26ed09abdba866f662ccffc225a8cda.PNG

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

Would you look at that, I should be on the LPGA Tour! 🤣

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

This is interesting. It's not so much the 350 yard drives that the commentators talk about that always stand out to me. It's the 190 yard 8 iron or the 240 yard 5 iron. Obviously they don't talk about length and loft, but I just think most of the time the announcers have no idea what iron a player is hitting.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I've seen these numbers floating around for a few years. There are definitely players on both tours who can knock it out there, but also plenty who can't which is how you reach an average like that. I do think distance is exaggerated on the PGA Tour. Aside from tight, hard fairways, I think the announcers are often working off scorecard yardage or something else rather than a straight line yardage like what you might get using GPS or a laser rangefinder. Of course, they do occasionally post shot tracer with LM numbers, but unless there's something there to indicate what LM they're using, I'm not sure how much stock to put in that. I do know that if a tour pro played my home course, they'd struggle to see similar distances. They'd beat me by a mile no doubt, but they wouldn't have the same numbers they see on tour.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

17 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I do know that if a tour pro played my home course, they'd struggle to see similar distances. They'd beat me by a mile no doubt, but they wouldn't have the same numbers they see on tour.

Agreed, on my course they are not going to hit a 340 yard bomb, because my fairways are typically on the softer side (course doesn't drain the best) and they are not cut every day like the ones on tour.  The biggest thing that I was impressed with was the smash factor.  They are hitting the center of the club almost every damn time.  Guess that's what I could expect if I hit 1,000 balls a day.  haha

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

1 hour ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

This is interesting. It's not so much the 350 yard drives that the commentators talk about that always stand out to me. It's the 190 yard 8 iron or the 240 yard 5 iron. Obviously they don't talk about length and loft, but I just think most of the time the announcers have no idea what iron a player is hitting.

Take Dead Aim

I was at the Tour Championship a few years ago and was sitting on the tee of 15.  I can't remember the exact player, but I watched the guy pull a 6 iron out of his bag.  Later on, when watching the broadcast at home, the commentators said he used an 8 iron.  I think they do that a lot more often than people think.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X
  • Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Cleveland RTX4 - 52/58 Mid - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist Pro V1

My comments to this are:

The numbers are averages across all players not just the bombers we typically hear about.

Measuring at tournaments for the PGA will be more accurate than for the LPGA tour. They measure distances for all shots using shotlink. On the LPGA distances are only measured for tee shots on 2 holes and they don’t have shotlink. Players during tournaments change the loft and dynamics of a club to get different results. Just hitting balls on a trackman to measure distance will probably make the numbers more “normal” as they are not taking roll and bounce into consideration as they would during a tournament.

The announcers do occasionally use GPS, rangefinder, or walk off distances when they are broadcasting.

Club selection is communicated to the announcers by the caddie using a finger system. For example 3 fingers up is a 3 iron and 3 fingers down would be 8 iron. How accurately the caddie is reporting is up to the caddie.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

Take Dead Aim

Tour players do a great job at delofting their irons and varying distances thru swing length, tempo and where they grip on the club. Their ev speed plus this type of control allows them to actually hit those types of numbers.

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

I've seen these numbers floating around for a few years. There are definitely players on both tours who can knock it out there, but also plenty who can't which is how you reach an average like that. I do think distance is exaggerated on the PGA Tour. Aside from tight, hard fairways, I think the announcers are often working off scorecard yardage or something else rather than a straight line yardage like what you might get using GPS or a laser rangefinder. Of course, they do occasionally post shot tracer with LM numbers, but unless there's something there to indicate what LM they're using, I'm not sure how much stock to put in that. I do know that if a tour pro played my home course, they'd struggle to see similar distances. They'd beat me by a mile no doubt, but they wouldn't have the same numbers they see on tour.

They use trackman on tour and also shotlink. Many times the distances the announcer gets is fed to them from the truck where the shotlink numbers are sent to. The tournaments ive been to and volunteered at there was a shotlink in the fairway and another in the tower on the hole. Most holes had a shotlink setup 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

57 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Agreed, on my course they are not going to hit a 340 yard bomb, because my fairways are typically on the softer side (course doesn't drain the best) and they are not cut every day like the ones on tour.  The biggest thing that I was impressed with was the smash factor.  They are hitting the center of the club almost every damn time.  Guess that's what I could expect if I hit 1,000 balls a day.  haha

Absolutely! Shows us mere mortals what it really means to be consistent.

5 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

They use trackman on tour and also shotlink. Many times the distances the announcer gets is fed to them from the truck where the shotlink numbers are sent to. The tournaments ive been to and volunteered at there was a shotlink in the fairway and another in the tower on the hole. Most holes had a shotlink setup 

I have noticed that they've started using Track Man on the practice range for some tournaments (they had it setup at the PGA Championship in St. Louis when I went), but I wasn't sure about actual play. Do you have first hand experience with Shotlink? I'm curious how that works and how accurate those numbers are - I'd expect they should be very accurate, but I really don't know too much about how it all works. Good point on the announcers getting info from the truck where the data is collected. I hadn't considered that.

5 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I have noticed that they've started using Track Man on the practice range for some tournaments (they had it setup at the PGA Championship in St. Louis when I went), but I wasn't sure about actual play. Do you have first hand experience with Shotlink? I'm curious how that works and how accurate those numbers are - I'd expect they should be very accurate, but I really don't know too much about how it all works. Good point on the announcers getting info from the truck where the data is collected. I hadn't considered that.

I don’t have training on it but when I volunteered at tigers even when it was still at@t National I was talking to the tower operator and it’s accuracy is within 1 yard he said. They crew comes to calibrate it every round. There is communication from the tee to the team in the landing area and the tower for each group and from my understanding the data is feed live into the shotlink truck for each shot. There were 3/4 people working on the landing area device. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Shotlink as mentioned is calibrated to within a yard. The operator points the shotlink device at the ball and basically presses a button that calculates the distance to the hole. Pretty much a point and shoot system.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Archived