GolfSpy Stroker

Who has your favorite swing on tour? And who would you want to copy if you could?

When I started watching it was Freddie and Ernie....those guys were amazing....

But every time I've seen him ... and I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME, Louis O. (not even going to attempt to spell his last name) makes me melt...

If I could copy absolutely any swing on the planet I would want his.  Seems like his body was made to swing a golf club.

How about you?  Do you like the power and clubhead speed of BK ?  The laser focus of Woodland?  Someone else?

Louis.gif

• Like 5

Just now, FrogginBullfish said:

Rory and Tiger. Would love to copy either.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I really like watching Rory hit driver.  that "power squat" he uses ... wow.  He's got that move down to a tee; wish I could do that.

• Like 1

Precisely. Give me that driver swing with Tiger's iron and wedge play please.

I really like watching Rory hit driver.  that "power squat" he uses ... wow.  He's got that move down to a tee; wish I could do that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'd actually go for Bubba's swing(s). I'd love to be able to manipulate my swing and work the ball the way he does. He certainly provides variety.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Koepka seems to generate a lot of speed with his arms which makes me think his would be easy on the back. DJ uses his arms quite a bit too - not hard to imagine considering how long they are... I think of the guys playing right now who can hit it forever long and still control distance well with the wedges I like these two the best. I think they'll be hitting the ball miles for a long time - DJ maybe a bit more so than Koepka simply because of his attack angle. If Koepka doesn't wind up doing something to his wrists and or elbows over the course of his career, I will be amazed. He just comes in so hard with his irons. 

Looking at the other end of the spectrum in terms of distance (or at least near it), I'd pick Kisner's swing. Saw him at the PGA in St. Louis last year and he just has one of the easiest looking swings I've ever seen in person.

Easy...

IMG_3547.JPG

• Like 4

Rory for sure. 

I don’t care about swings as much as results. Rory, Brooks and DJ would be my choice. Long and fairly accurate

Of course I want to drive the ball like Rory, hit irons like Tiger, wedges like Phil, and putt like Spieth. But I have to pick 1. And I have. I actually have picked a golfer to emulate. That is .........

Steve Stricker. I’m too old to try to be a bomber, but decent length in the fairway, distance control with irons and wedges and good putting will win on the weekends.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

There's not a lot of guys built like me on tour- stocky type body. So I try to copy them Molinari is so consistent with his swing it's great. Matsuyama is very solid too but you can't copy that pause he has at the top. I like JB Holmes short swing and the power he generates. Forget Patrick Reed though, I don't mind him personally, but that swing is all his own.

Take Dead Aim

But every time I've seen him ... and I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME, Louis O. (not even going to attempt to spell his last name) makes me melt...
If I could copy absolutely any swing on the planet I would want his.  Seems like his body was made to swing a golf club.
How about you?  Do you like the power and clubhead speed of BK ?  The laser focus of Woodland?  Someone else?
Louis.gif.92afdfc4bd212e5af26aebb9fd737b8f.gif

When I saw the thread title Louis was the first to pop into my head. Seeing him swing at the Open this weekend was so cool. So smooth and effortless.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

10 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Louis.gif

Yeah, I love Louis O's swing too; reminds me of Tom Watson.  However, there is no way that I could copy any pro's swing, so while they are fun to watch, I'll just keep trying to improve my own.

DD. The 962b’s, the EI-70, green victory grips, the tempo and the finish. I still reference his swing and have tried to keep parts of it within my own.

IMG_6659.JPG.8568f32e6a3e9f0ede848c6bb79a7732.JPG

Oosthuizen, then Adam Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd like Brooks swing please.

But as his arms are bigger than my thighs I might just have to replicate his swing in my dreams!

I mean, my favorite swing on tour would be Adam Scott's, but if i'm copying one, being a one length iron player it would have to be Bryson for common sense reasons.

On 6/17/2019 at 4:47 PM, 00sportsman said:

I'd actually go for Bubba's swing(s). I'd love to be able to manipulate my swing and work the ball the way he does. He certainly provides variety.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I watched Bubba warm up at the Canadian Open a couple of weeks ago.  He was hitting to a green maybe 175 away.  4 shots, one after the other, high fade, high draw, low fade, low draw and all  hit the green.   Fade or draw probably isn't the right word because each ball moved laterally at least 25 yards.  It was incredible.  He never hit the same shot twice in a row. 

• Like 2