2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Our Sponsors

On 10/2/2020 at 2:40 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

Perfect, thanks.  I've seen the tests on the website but have stayed on the "straight and narrow" of the standard protocols.  Now that I'm almost halfway through Level 3 though I may look at adding one of these in (the right one) if only for the sake of breaking up the monotony.  I'll do the tests but I'd be surprised if it isn't Level 3...when I'm going bad I tend to throw the clubhead at the ball like that.

Thanks again.

@Getoffmylawn feel free to share the results of the tests and any questions if you want to start one of the Advanced protocols 

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all! We wanted to thank everyone for the huge response the previous forum thread has received since 2018. We will be on this new one to answer questions and assist however we can. We look forward t

May 11th - Introduction & Initial Impressions My name is Joe, I turn 36 in June and I am from New Jersey.  At the end of 2019 my handicap was around 3.9 My typical well-struck driv

Hey guys! Thanks for all the sweet words and suggestions. I am soooo excited to get started and have been looking to buy some of these for my birthday coming up. So the fact I was chosen is the best e

Posted Images

On 10/16/2020 at 11:58 AM, revkev said:

I also have a question for SuperSpeed.  I had intended to pick up at level 3 three times a week per the program starting next week.  However I just registered for a virtual PT program through my Insurance provider.  I just had my first meeting with my TP and it turns out that she is also a Titleist trainer, SCORE, for me.  

Should I allow a little time to let that program start to sink in before advancing with level 3?  I could stay on maintenance - I am convinced that some additional strength and flexibility will help with my speed progress especially in allowing me to recover quicker between workouts.

Thoughts?

@revkev that’s great! A good fitness program typically just makes the SuperSpeed program even better. It would depend on what they are doing with you and if you have a lot of corrective work to start or more general strength and stability programming. Many people perform both simultaneously. The main thing is you want to make sure your energy levels are up enough if doing both to maintain the speeds during SuperSpeed. Either way will be fine and the trainer may have some input as well. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Apolloshowl said:

Looks like Switzerland is headed for another mini lockdown and means that I think now is just as good of a time as ever to reup and fireup the Superspeed program again. Had a good break while things were picking up at work and busy, but lots of uncertainty and could be a lot more time at home again.

@Apolloshowl getting lots of requests for the same thing in Ireland Australia and wales. It’s unfortunate yet does give a good period where you can train at home without needing to hit a ball. 

• Like 2
[mention=16651]revkev[/mention] that’s great! A good fitness program typically just makes the SuperSpeed program even better. It would depend on what they are doing with you and if you have a lot of corrective work to start or more general strength and stability programming. Many people perform both simultaneously. The main thing is you want to make sure your energy levels are up enough if doing both to maintain the speeds during SuperSpeed. Either way will be fine and the trainer may have some input as well. 

Thanks as always for the outstanding care and concern - you’ve certainly made us feel like a part of the SuperSpeed community

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Oh so boom I had two career drives today and its not as if the course suddenly dried out - it was wet - I hit a couple over 250 - had driver/9 iron on a hole that's 380 uphill - driver 6 or 7 iron sometimes 9 wood is the normal for me on that hole.  The best was number 1 - it's 345 - I had 82 into the green - the tees were up a tad but we had it at 258 on the GPS.  

And I'm about to start on level 3 - did my first PT session last night - just resting from my round and getting ready for session 2.

• Like 3

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

On 10/7/2020 at 10:43 AM, Getoffmylawn said:

So I knocked out my first ASD1 protocol this morning, the prescribed protocol if you determine you're inefficient at using the ground. I found it a little odd that the ASD protocol did not conclude with 3-4 dominant side green stick swings like we're used to in the standard protocol.  

If you're not familiar with ASD1, you alternate dominant and non-dominant reps through 4 different drills, rather than 3-4 dominant, then 3-4 non-dominant.  What I'm curious about is that I thought the biggest bang for the buck came from the the heavy red stick swings being immediately followed by final and concluding green stick swings.  Seems a little odd to me to finish on red swings, and I thought about adding some green swings at the end, but I'm not about to think I'm smarter than the @SuperSpeed Golfexperts.  Thoughts anyone?

@Getoffmylawn very good question! Since we only add the Advanced Speed development series once a week and it’s a different type of mechanical training we don’t add the green max swings at the end. It wouldn’t make much of a difference but if you feel like it really helps your individual training it can certification be added. 

• Like 1

I’m a week away from coming off of maintenance mode. I wish someone would tell the weather that it’s suppose to be cooler. :)

It's 47* here with wind and rain. I'll swap you ours for yours.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

It's 47* here with wind and rain. I'll swap you ours for yours.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

You certainly shall fairly soon shan’t you! :)

• Like 1

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

On 10/26/2020 at 10:26 PM, revkev said:

You certainly shall fairly soon shan’t you! 🙂

😎 Leaving here next weekend - not soon enough for my wife and myself! However, just to ensure we appreciate your weather down there I'm playing 18 today - it may hit a high of 50. Full cart enclosure will be on along with the cart heater. 

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

😎 Leaving here next weekend - not soon enough for my wife and myself! However, just to ensure we appreciate your weather down there I'm playing 18 today - it may hit a high of 50. Full cart enclosure will be on along with the cart heater. 

I played last night - if it hadn't been the last scheduled league night, I may have skipped, but who knows when I'll get to play again. It was 42 with drizzle/mist all round. Rain gloves performed beyond my expectations (I had never used any other than for SuperSpeed). I had no idea how wet the grips were until I finished and grabbed a club with my bare hand.

Only 5 of 16 were man enough (or dumb enough) to play.

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

I’m playing Saturday - it’s 92 out today, supposed to be 79 that day.

Can’t wait

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

18 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I played last night - if it hadn't been the last scheduled league night, I may have skipped, but who knows when I'll get to play again. It was 42 with drizzle/mist all round. Rain gloves performed beyond my expectations (I had never used any other than for SuperSpeed). I had no idea how wet the grips were until I finished and grabbed a club with my bare hand.

Only 5 of 16 were man enough (or dumb enough) to play.

Even better than rain gloves - oops sorry for the sideways photo

IMG_7528 (1).JPG

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

@SuperSpeed Golf

I know I asked this before earlier this summer, but any new data on the correlation of SuperSpeed-C speeds with swing speed?

On that note, what would you recommend I do? I have regular set and C club, when I restart should I start with both or just one? I've done regular clubs through to phase 3 two times now and made it mostly through the C club routine last spring.

And on a general note, I went out last night to see what I could hit after not doing the protocols for some time. Warmed up a bit and was happy to see 138-141 with the green stick and 145 with the C club once or twice. Now that I'm more confident in my swing, I started to see big transfers to the course my last few rounds. Namely I can think of a 9 iron that totaled nearly 170 and a 6 iron that totaled somewhere around 210. Jacked lofts or not, I was stoked to see those numbers in Arccos.

• Like 1

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.7 (Last Updated Nov. 27, 2020)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Mavrik (9°), 45.75", Aldila Rogue White 60 (130 MSI) X-Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, -1/4", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

WITB? | 2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Anyone interested in selling their radar that has completed the program? Looking forward to trying this with my high school teams this off season. I love seeing the gains that everyone has made!

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

On 10/29/2020 at 7:51 PM, Rtracymog said:

Anyone interested in selling their radar that has completed the program? Looking forward to trying this with my high school teams this off season. I love seeing the gains that everyone has made!

@Rtracymog send us an email info@superspeedgolf.com

We have high school programs available 

• Like 1
On 10/29/2020 at 4:18 PM, edingc said:

@SuperSpeed Golf

I know I asked this before earlier this summer, but any new data on the correlation of SuperSpeed-C speeds with swing speed?

On that note, what would you recommend I do? I have regular set and C club, when I restart should I start with both or just one? I've done regular clubs through to phase 3 two times now and made it mostly through the C club routine last spring.

And on a general note, I went out last night to see what I could hit after not doing the protocols for some time. Warmed up a bit and was happy to see 138-141 with the green stick and 145 with the C club once or twice. Now that I'm more confident in my swing, I started to see big transfers to the course my last few rounds. Namely I can think of a 9 iron that totaled nearly 170 and a 6 iron that totaled somewhere around 210. Jacked lofts or not, I was stoked to see those numbers in Arccos.

@edingc we don’t have the exact percentage yet but so far it’s 5-8 mph faster than the green club. 

To restart we recommend getting into Level 4 now and also testing yourself on the advanced speed development protocols.

• Love 1

I had a great conversation with Cole from @SuperSpeed Golftoday and he was very friendly and answered all of my questions.  One question I had for the group (and I'm sure that it's been addressed in here, but 71 pages is a lot to hunt through!) did anyone use both the swing speed radar and the PRGR radar?  I didn't know that the PRGR was the new recommendation.  If you used both, what are your thoughts? Is the PRGR worth the extra money? Is it accurate enough on ball speed, smash factor and distance. Thanks!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rtracymog said:

I had a great conversation with Cole from @SuperSpeed Golftoday and he was very friendly and answered all of my questions.  One question I had for the group (and I'm sure that it's been addressed in here, but 71 pages is a lot to hunt through!) did anyone use both the swing speed radar and the PRGR radar?  I didn't know that the PRGR was the new recommendation.  If you used both, what are your thoughts? Is the PRGR worth the extra money? Is it accurate enough on ball speed, smash factor and distance. Thanks!

Due to a shipping issue, I believe @Apolloshowl received both, so perhaps he can assist.

I took the PRGR to the course a few times to see what my swing speed was during a round. The distance results were in the ballpark to what Arccos measured after I walked them off, so I would consider it reasonably accurate for the price. I really learned through all this that I need to find the center of the club face more often - my efficiency sucks and my distances rarely match my swing speed.

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

13 hours ago, Rtracymog said:

I believe I went over this a bit in my review, however I will gladly go over my findings here, because I started my program with the swing speed radar it is what I used as my official reference for the duration of the review and I still use it as my main one. It was great, didn't miss many swings and for the program was exactly what I wanted and needed. I did feel a bit left out and thats why I ordered the PRGR from Superspeed to see what it would be like in comparison. As far as swing speed numbers they are very similar and are often within a mph of each other. So for the sake of numbers its great, but if you only plan on using it for the training then the swing speed monitor will be more the adequate for you. I haven't used it enough with a ball to really say for sure with those features, however now that I am getting a membership somewhere I can surely tell you more soon. However more testers reviews go into that as well. I guess it depends on what you want it for, if you want those numbers then it is a great device to have and provides solid data for you to reference. It can take a bit of time to set up and may be a bit of trial and error, but I think they both are good and do the job. In the end it will more or less be again what you want to use it for! Want the extra data then get the PRGR, just using for protocols then stick with the Swing Speed Radar. Hope that helps!

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

I believe I went over this a bit in my review, however I will gladly go over my findings here, because I started my program with the swing speed radar it is what I used as my official reference for the duration of the review and I still use it as my main one. It was great, didn't miss many swings and for the program was exactly what I wanted and needed. I did feel a bit left out and thats why I ordered the PRGR from Superspeed to see what it would be like in comparison. As far as swing speed numbers they are very similar and are often within a mph of each other. So for the sake of numbers its great, but if you only plan on using it for the training then the swing speed monitor will be more the adequate for you. I haven't used it enough with a ball to really say for sure with those features, however now that I am getting a membership somewhere I can surely tell you more soon. However more testers reviews go into that as well. I guess it depends on what you want it for, if you want those numbers then it is a great device to have and provides solid data for you to reference. It can take a bit of time to set up and may be a bit of trial and error, but I think they both are good and do the job. In the end it will more or less be again what you want to use it for! Want the extra data then get the PRGR, just using for protocols then stick with the Swing Speed Radar. Hope that helps!

I really appreciate it! Sounds like I can save a few bucks here!

• Like 1