Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×

Show us your Maltby!!!

azstu324

Well, I was interested so I messaged the seller.  The guy runs a golf shop.  He goes through sets fairly often just to try and he just glued them up.  Didn’t explain the grips though.  I thought about puring, but not the case it appears.  Still the parts are more than worth where the bid is.

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.

A further update on the TS1-IM, I am now at the point with the TS1-IM where I have seen enough good shots on the range (and I put the 7 iron in the bag this weekend) to where it is starting to make me dislike my current gamers. Like if I am at 150 out I am bummed I have to hit my 8 iron rather than the test 7 iron or if I am 175 out I am trying to stretch the TS1-IM rather than just hit my 6 iron Hogan. 

So, it seems very likely I am buying a set of irons that I don't need. Maybe I force myself to hit the TS1-IM on Trackman before I go further (making sure spin isn't too low or something, I doubt it they seem to stop JUST FINE if not better than my Hogans). But I am on a collision course with a full set of TS1-IMs and probably some of the golfworks red white and blue custom ferrules. I have never had custom ferrules before so jumping into the BB&F seemed like too big of a commitment. Just dip my toe in with these..

image.png.dc17882f2290b737e1f8a953c8dc373f.png

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5*/STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25*/ Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

1 hour ago, vandyland said:

A further update on the TS1-IM, I am now at the point with the TS1-IM where I have seen enough good shots on the range (and I put the 7 iron in the bag this weekend) to where it is starting to make me dislike my current gamers. Like if I am at 150 out I am bummed I have to hit my 8 iron rather than the test 7 iron or if I am 175 out I am trying to stretch the TS1-IM rather than just hit my 6 iron Hogan. 

So, it seems very likely I am buying a set of irons that I don't need. Maybe I force myself to hit the TS1-IM on Trackman before I go further (making sure spin isn't too low or something, I doubt it they seem to stop JUST FINE if not better than my Hogans). But I am on a collision course with a full set of TS1-IMs and probably some of the golfworks red white and blue custom ferrules. I have never had custom ferrules before so jumping into the BB&F seemed like too big of a commitment. Just dip my toe in with these..

image.png.dc17882f2290b737e1f8a953c8dc373f.png

They'd look super sweet with the R/W/B GolfPride grips too. 🙂

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

or the sonar hero

image.png.38b9cd4d37e8cc464c2a468853b16166.png

Driver : Yamaha RMX 220 9.5 With Diamana ZF50 Stiff

3 Wood : Yamaha RMX 15* with Evenflow Green Stiff

7 Wood: Exotics EXS 220 w Riptide MX Stiff

5 Hybrid : PXG 3017x (2nd gen) w KBS Tour Graphite Stiff

Utility Iron/ 5 iron: Honma TR21X 23* w MMT 85 stiff

6-gw Matlby TS3 w MMT 85 stiff

54* Wilson Staff w KBS Ctaper 120 stiff

58* TaylorMade MG3 w KBS C taper 120 Stiff

Putter: PRGR Silver Blade Wide Blade slant

Sun Mountain C130 Bag

Got on Trackman today and saw enough out of the TS1-IM to where I bought a full set, 5-GW. Would highly recommend emailing them for a quote for anything that is off menu. I thought I was going to have to go the custom route to get FST 125 shafts and when I called they told me that. Then I just emailed for a quote and got the standard pak price for just $2 extra per shaft which saved me like $100. Also, here are the trackman numbers I got between my gamer and the TS1-IM (there is a 1.5* loft difference between them):

image.png.8d23c3a9465e0ef775e0e7cb8d9dc325.png

image.png.c8abdef6465a1e5cb1c33a73fbfb8135.png

The TS1-IMs spin a little less, bias a little more right (less offset) but carry farther (spin and carry down to loft differences I presume). But overall they feel great and perform very well. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5*/STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25*/ Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

16 minutes ago, vandyland said:

Got on Trackman today and saw enough out of the TS1-IM to where I bought a full set, 5-GW. Would highly recommend emailing them for a quote for anything that is off menu. I thought I was going to have to go the custom route to get FST 125 shafts and when I called they told me that. Then I just emailed for a quote and got the standard pak price for just $2 extra per shaft which saved me like $100. Also, here are the trackman numbers I got between my gamer and the TS1-IM (there is a 1.5* loft difference between them):

The TS1-IMs spin a little less, bias a little more right (less offset) but carry farther (spin and carry down to loft differences I presume). But overall they feel great and perform very well. 

I'd take 6100rpm spin on a 7 iron all day. Not sure what the landing angle and height were, but I assume pretty good. 8 yards to stop isn't bad and no different than your PTx's, just farther.

Great news about the shafts. That's a nice savings for sure. I'm still waiting to hear back from them on a cost to build me a 7 iron with a specific shaft in their matrix. It's been 5 days since I emailed them and haven't heard back yet. 😞

Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g

18 hours ago, vandyland said:

Those ....four(?) shots that landed on top of each other is pretty amazing, lol.  

And REALLY great news about the "email for a quote" thing. I would be hard-pressed to not have them just go ahead and build me a set, even though putting them (the TS3 demo's) together was pretty fun.  I don't mind paying a bit extra to get the set-up I'm looking for - what was the actual price difference in the stock shaft (is it the Score?) and the one you ended up going with, if bought separately?

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

15 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

I don't mind paying a bit extra to get the set-up I'm looking for - what was the actual price difference in the stock shaft (is it the Score?) and the one you ended up going with, if bought separately?

The FST 125 shafts are currently $11.95 and the Score LT shafts $9.99. So just a $2 difference. I am sure the Scores are good too I just like the FST in that it has similar profile to the KBS Tour and is slightly heavier than the Score LTs. 

I have never had a set built where the total shaft weight gradually declines (all the FST 125 shafts are cut from a 43" shaft to their correct size) but I can talk myself into that could work out well for me. The heads get slightly heavier through the set as the shafts get slightly lighter so your total weight doesn't change much but the relative weight of the head to the weight of the shaft will change more. A fun experiment and I may not even notice the difference (I am not overly sensitive to iron shafts I have found).  

On the numbers above there are two numbers from the TS1-IM that stand out. One is the short, left shot on the dispersion chart that I wrote "terrible" next to on the excel summary. I hit that WAAAY out on the toe and it still went fairly straight and only lost about 6 yds of total carry vs a good strike. The other is maybe a slight indication of a possible "jumpy" ball (the longest one) was the last one where I caught one dead center and it went about 6 yds farther. You'll notice how tightly bunched the carry distances are with the Hogans, that is their strength. The TS1-IMs strength, to me, is forgiveness while still providing some feel/feedback. As of right now, I am comfortable with the slight chance of a jumper if it gives me some relief on off-center shots. Quite often, that is the tradeoff. 

Edited by vandyland

14 minutes ago, vandyland said:

The FST 125 shafts are currently $11.95 and the Score LT shafts $9.99. So just a $2 difference. I am sure the Scores are good too I just like the FST in that it has similar profile to the KBS Tour and is slightly heavier than the Score LTs. 

I have never had a set built where the total shaft weight gradually declines (all the FST 125 shafts are cut from a 43" shaft to their correct size) but I can talk myself into that could work out well for me. The heads get slightly heavier through the set as the shafts get slightly lighter so your total weight doesn't change much but the relative weight of the head to the weight of the shaft will change more. A fun experiment and I may not even notice the difference (I am not overly sensitive to iron shafts I have found).  

On the numbers above there are two numbers from the TS1-IM that stand out. One is the short, left shot on the dispersion chart that I wrote "terrible" next to on the excel summary. I hit that WAAAY out on the toe and it still went fairly straight and only lost about 6 yds of total carry vs a good strike. The other is maybe a slight indication of a possible "jumpy" ball (the longest one) was the last one where I caught one dead center and it went about 6 yds farther. You'll notice how tightly bunched the carry distances are with the Hogans, that is their strength. The TS1-IMs strength, to me, is forgiveness while still providing some feel/feedback. As of right now, I am comfortable with the slight chance of a jumper if it gives me some relief on off-center shots. Quite often, that is the tradeoff. 

100% - it's one of the things I loved about hitting the ST/CB at the PXG fitting, was watching (kind of regardless of where on the face I hit them) the ball fly on the same line and land in relatively the same place every time - bad hits were penalized by slightly less carry, but held their line.  I'm VERY interested in this as opposed to "I need to crush my 7 iron 180 yards to feel like it's working", which is where I was a few years ago.  From a "jumper" perspective - 6 yards is pretty manageable.  You MAY end up back of green or just over every once in a while, but...I'd for sure take that vs. a 15-yard "jumper."  18-feet for birdie sounds okay to me 😉

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

54 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

100% - it's one of the things I loved about hitting the ST/CB at the PXG fitting, was watching (kind of regardless of where on the face I hit them) the ball fly on the same line and land in relatively the same place every time - bad hits were penalized by slightly less carry, but held their line.  I'm VERY interested in this as opposed to "I need to crush my 7 iron 180 yards to feel like it's working", which is where I was a few years ago.  From a "jumper" perspective - 6 yards is pretty manageable.  You MAY end up back of green or just over every once in a while, but...I'd for sure take that vs. a 15-yard "jumper."  18-feet for birdie sounds okay to me 😉

I was gonna say the same thing. 6 yards on a perfectly centered strike ("jumper") is nothing compared to what a lot of the OEM GI irons do, again as you mention. A 12 yard front to back mishit v perfect is awesome to me.

For those of you that might be interested.  If you want to build a set of the TS1-IM's with Steelfiber Regular flex i95 CW shafts,  They will swingweight out perfectly at D0 if based off of a standard 37" 7 iron length.  Or at least the set I just built did.

Edited by Deadwalleye

Driver - Ping G430 10k Max  9*  w/Fuji Ventus Blue stiff 

Fairway - Callaway Big Bertha 5 wood

Utility Wood - Callaway Apex UW 19*

Hybrids - 3 , 4, 5 Ping G425

Irons - 5 - PW Ping G425

Wedges -50, 54 Mizuno S23 , 58 Maltby Max Milled

Putter - L.A.B. Mezz 1 Max Broomstick

Bag - Mizuno

Cart - Alphard powered Caddy Tek 3 wheeler

Silence is Golden, Duct tape is Silver.

I managed to sneak onto a trackman for a half hour. These clubs show a lot of promise. My swing wasn’t very tight but they seem very forgiving and the gapping between clubs is consistent. I was carrying my 8 iron 152 ish , 7 iron 163 ish.   My miss tonight was a push right. But I was consistent with it. With only a half hour on the simulator and a rusty swing I was happy with them. 

Irons - 5 - PW Ping G425

Bag - Mizuno

Decided to spruce up my TS4's a little with some new ferrules. Nothing crazy but just a little touch of class 😜

Have a set of Royal Linktech cord grips coming in tomorrow to finish things up! 

20240208_090346.jpg.e4b65dbcfc8c431d2154682f4f307cf3.jpg

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I really need to stop clicking on this thread.  Every time I do I find myself looking at TS-3 on Golfworks site.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 6 Hybrid

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-PW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

3 minutes ago, Parshooter36 said:

I really need to stop clicking on this thread.  Every time I do I find myself looking at TS-3 on Golfworks site.

Sorry man but you coming here is like an alcoholic going to a bar.. you're not going to find much support 😜

MAXFLI  Tour CG

4 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Sorry man but you coming here is like an alcoholic going to a bar.. you're not going to find much support 😜

image.gif

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

I did a few things. For one, I used my KE4 Max heads to build my father a new set to replace his 2014 Adams Ideas. He needed a senior flex graphite and I heard very good things about the budget idrive lite so I used them and his oversize grips and made his set.  BTW, I stripped all the paint rom the KE4 Max heads. I played a round with them before handing them over and I was hitting everything longer with nicer trajectory and with less impact stress.

jjjj.jpg.9446571888b9967880fdfcb3644ac096.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg.a3a6adb88ce2fcc6a94d303e147a84ff.jpg

I decided to finally use the MMT taper tip shafts I picked up for a good price even though I was fine and very happy with my TS3 + Modus 105 combo.... But wow

The MMTs and the TS3 are officially the nicest feeling forged setup I ever used. The feedback, flight, bend profile is all spot on...Huge improvement as I havent owned graphite shafts for 15 or so years. I was about 5 yards longer each club and found the center of the face more consistently. Most importantly, I no longer get elbow pain after hitting a ton of balls which was starting to be an issue. And the Looks, I love them.

IMG_1655.jpg.79595bb2ad54be233363bb763f255f24.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg.8a59b7dba514f26b71d71d43690ed1ba.jpgIMG_1623.jpg.c24d88d781edc4601cadd377f229a64a.jpg

image.png.19e9259a4a4e671f338de2f53896ac51.png

I absolutely love the TS3 and MMT 85 stiff taper combo. These are by far, the nicest feeling set up I have ever hit and they play perfect for me. 

Edit: Forgot to mention that my 5 iron is this Honma TR21X 5 23* which also is a phenomenal club that gave me a few extra ball speed mph than the others I tested and also has a great forged feel. The heads are going for under $50 on ebay for as well as woods and hybrids.. The whole TR21 line woods and hybrids are also great. I mean seriously dont sleep on these. I bag the Big LB and it is long and forgiving..... Also for pics in the bag

bAG.jpg.80ceb2357f2c3ab030d32278b3cf5126.jpg

Edited by KOG

Driver : Yamaha RMX 220 9.5 With Diamana ZF50 Stiff

3 Wood : Yamaha RMX 15* with Evenflow Green Stiff

7 Wood: Exotics EXS 220 w Riptide MX Stiff

5 Hybrid : PXG 3017x (2nd gen) w KBS Tour Graphite Stiff

Utility Iron/ 5 iron: Honma TR21X 23* w MMT 85 stiff

6-gw Matlby TS3 w MMT 85 stiff

54* Wilson Staff w KBS Ctaper 120 stiff

58* TaylorMade MG3 w KBS C taper 120 Stiff

Putter: PRGR Silver Blade Wide Blade slant

Sun Mountain C130 Bag

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 6 Hybrid

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-PW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

Put this together this morning. Had it shipped unassembled with the standard steel shaft. Substituted the Superstroke grip with an Evnroll Gravity Grip at no extra cost. 

Well... I had a Maltby MPF Pro graphite iron shaft laying around. I needed to add about 30g so I stuffed the entire shaft with polyfill. Cut it to play @ 36". So far just rolling a few putts in the garage, it's heavy but feels well-balanced and comes off the face very naturally which I like a lot. Heavy and well-balanced are 2 of my primary objectives. Not sure if 36" is where I wanna keep it or if I want to shorten it a tad. My Edel EAS 1.0 was 36" and I was fit for it. I'll take it to the range this evening to see if distance control and disbursement are what I'm hoping for. 

I know that a ferrule on a putter isn't too common but these ferrules and the grip match so why not? It's the same ferrules on my irons. 

InCollage_20240220_122456115.jpg.3a589cf3ff652667212787b094bfc999.jpg

Ferrules on my irons..

20240220_124207.jpg.6ae8154301be7e1768ded57c658ea19b.jpg

MAXFLI  Tour CG

22 minutes ago, vandyland said:

Got my TS1-IMs:

507834EA-0843-4EF4-B3CE-951F985AAD93.jpeg

F033F04B-4B37-4286-8B9A-1C8E52F278F9.jpeg

DEF7EB6E-4462-46DD-8A55-4459F482D695.jpeg

FC7D255A-F504-4A38-B68D-54AE8E964F4C.jpeg

0E9FBBD3-4625-4DAC-A451-D396971ADFEF.jpeg

67D7BBC8-96C1-4F8D-BAFE-987797583EB5.jpeg

RWB grips? That would be awesome. Especially if the shafts have some type of RWB color in them. My Takomo's have the Boilermaker BB&F ferrules, black/gold MCC+4 Team grips, and the DG120 shafts (gold lettering). They look so good.

I look forward to hearing how they play. These are high on my list of options.

3 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

RWB grips? That would be awesome. Especially if the shafts have some type of RWB color in them.

No, just standard grips, I kind of cheaped out on some of the components just to see how I get along with these. So far so good. Hoping to get on trackman and do some gapping for the odd irons in the coming week. 

21 hours ago, vandyland said:

Got my TS1-IMs:

507834EA-0843-4EF4-B3CE-951F985AAD93.jpeg

F033F04B-4B37-4286-8B9A-1C8E52F278F9.jpeg

DEF7EB6E-4462-46DD-8A55-4459F482D695.jpeg

FC7D255A-F504-4A38-B68D-54AE8E964F4C.jpeg

0E9FBBD3-4625-4DAC-A451-D396971ADFEF.jpeg

67D7BBC8-96C1-4F8D-BAFE-987797583EB5.jpeg

@vandyland - the last time I went through this thread you were testing the TS3s, so I've only recently caught up. Great looking set of clubs! I'm glad that you have found something to knock your Hogans out of the bag 😉

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Ping ChipR - Alta CB regular flex shaft

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB with Garsen Max grip 

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Testing a Tour Edge Wingman 56* M/N reshafted with a Recoil DART 90 F3; Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

Do has anyone tried out the new fairway woods?   

Maltby KE4 TC Pro IST Fairway Wood Paks - The GolfWorks

https://www.golfworks.com/maltby-ke4-tc-pro-ist-fairway-wood-paks/p/pma0346/

I would like to hear anyones thoughts on these.

Edited by Deadwalleye

Irons - 5 - PW Ping G425

Bag - Mizuno

1 hour ago, Deadwalleye said:

Do has anyone tried out the new fairway woods?   

Maltby KE4 TC Pro IST Fairway Wood Paks - The GolfWorks

https://www.golfworks.com/maltby-ke4-tc-pro-ist-fairway-wood-paks/p/pma0346/

I would like to hear anyones thoughts on these.

Also super interested to hear any feedback on these - price is SO tempting.

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

Maltby sells excellent products! I own two sets of their forged irons (both purchased as a pak), a Maltby pure track putter and a KE4 driver. I’m happy with the performance and feel of all of these products and they are a lot less in cost. 

Ireland Golf Lover

I must say this club I built probably 30 years ago has been in my bag ever since, It's modeled after the Hogan edge irons from that era, I bought it from Golf works/Maltby and if I can remember correctly the head cost around 7.00 the shaft was about 10.00 and the grip I think 4.00.  Over the years I have had it refinished by Golf Works 2 times and recently I just reshafted it about a week ago. 

I can hit any and every shot with this club and it is my go to wedge it is 56* with I think an 8 bounce. I LOVE THIS THING.

20240223_110321.jpg

20240223_110344.jpg

20240223_110335.jpg

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

I took some time away from the sport. Coming back now and seeing these new Maltby offerings is wild! The TS1 was still rather new when I was last working on my handicap. Kinda unnerving to see most of the recent posts are all from low handicappers. Do you guys put much value in the Playability Factor? Maltby claims all these new clubs are SGI irons. Surely that's exaggerated, right?

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

2 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

I took some time away from the sport. Coming back now and seeing these new Maltby offerings is wild! The TS1 was still rather new when I was last working on my handicap. Kinda unnerving to see most of the recent posts are all from low handicappers. Do you guys put much value in the Playability Factor? Maltby claims all these new clubs are SGI irons. Surely that's exaggerated, right?

I've been wondering this same thing myself. The TS3 which is fully forged is 1 point away from being Ultra Game Improvement. Where the TS1 IM is 120 points less as a hollow body iron, which I would think would be more "helpful" than a forged iron. I'd love to hear from someone with experience around the MPF and how accurate it is to each club.

15 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

I've been wondering this same thing myself. The TS3 which is fully forged is 1 point away from being Ultra Game Improvement. Where the TS1 IM is 120 points less as a hollow body iron, which I would think would be more "helpful" than a forged iron. I'd love to hear from someone with experience around the MPF and how accurate it is to each club.

Ok, you buy some -IMs and send me the Takomos! Win win for both of us!

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.