Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

M3 440 vs. M4 vs. M5 Head only comparison ???

Scotland blue

I'm still searching out the right driver head from the 3 mentioned above and am asking for your experience with these.

Looking at control, distance, "feel", sound, forgiveness and overall performance.

Any input welcomed by this new bee

SIM2 Max Driver 10.5* Ventus 5-S

Cobra Rad Speed 3W 14.5* Evenflow Riptide CB Stiff

Ping G  4W 17.5* Ping Alta Reg

TM Ti  5W 19* Diamana FW 65 Reg

Titleist T-300 5-PW Amt Red Stiff

Vokey SM7 Wedges 46*  56*  60*

Ping Zing/Anser putter  85020/85029// TM Spider SR#9 Flo Neck

Titleist Pro V-1x 

Sound is similar between the 3 but I prefer m3 over the others. Feel is all subjective and will have as much to do about the shaft and ball that one uses as it does the player swinging them. 

M3 440’is going to be the least forgiving die to head size as well as it’s low spin design, m4 is going to be the more forgiving of the 3 and m5 will be in the middle.

Performance is pretty subjective but in my experience with them the M3 440 and m5 are going off launch and spin that’s similar compared to the m4. M5 was my least favorite M family release. I didn’t see much improvement between the 2016 and 2017 m1/2 to the m3/4 release and thought TM missed with m5/6 release.

ive had m1 from both releases as well as 16 m2 and thing those are the best drivers on the market over the last 5 years and the 2016 releases still hang with current releases from other companies. The SIM and SIM Max have been the best release from TM since 2016

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I just played this week with the M5 head and ended the round still searching.  I put the M4 head back on the driver shaft and it will be the next to have a try out.  If it doesn't make the team then the M3 will be tried.  

Titleist Pro V-1x 

8 hours ago, Scotland blue said:

I just played this week with the M5 head and ended the round still searching.  I put the M4 head back on the driver shaft and it will be the next to have a try out.  If it doesn't make the team then the M3 will be tried.  

What was wrong with the m5?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Nothing wrong with the head.......just the lad hitting it.  I've hit some bombs with it last year but not connecting with it now.

I changed out the heads to the M4 head and went to the driving range today and found some consistency in this setup.  The swing is still an ongoing project after 3 surgeries and some recovery time off.  Things were coming together at the end and I think the forgiveness of the M4 head is the way to go for now.

I used to be a stick with a 4 handy................... but not so much anymore.  I'll find it eventually and just need to muck around with the equipment in the search.

Titleist Pro V-1x