Testers Wanted: Sun Mountain Stand Bag and Travel Bag ×

Your Height & Putter Length?

fixyurdivot

6'2" 36" have tried different lengths but always migrate back to 36" was fitted by Club Champion that confirmed the 36" length. Current in bag is a Ping Sigma Arna - with adjustable shaft. Hard to find 36" putters to try in stores.

If you want a true understanding and fitting of putters David Edel of Edel putters has the most comprehensive and best fitting I have ever seen. He measures and  takes into account the players height, wing span, forearm and upper arm length Your arm fold on your backswing. Than he starts fitting you for the putter. They are able to change head style, hosel, aim lines, weight/counter weight. Best putter fitting I've ever seen.

3 hours ago, Aeromech787 said:

If you want a true understanding and fitting of putters David Edel of Edel putters has the most comprehensive and best fitting I have ever seen. He measures and  takes into account the players height, wing span, forearm and upper arm length Your arm fold on your backswing. Than he starts fitting you for the putter. They are able to change head style, hosel, aim lines, weight/counter weight. Best putter fitting I've ever seen.

All of the above is great! How does it feel when they are done, and you are holding the finished product in your hands? To me, that IS what COUNTS!! If it feels really good, great. If you putt better, it was worth it! If it feels awkward, eh, to much time to feel like that!! 

Driver-Ping g410 SFT, 3W-Callaway Diablo Octane, Hybrids-Snake Eyes Viper 18*+ 21*, Irons-GigaGolf Reva Hybrid Irons 24*- 46*, Wedges-Cleveland CBX2's 50*54*58*, Putter-Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11c

2 hours ago, drb1956 said:

All of the above is great! How does it feel when they are done, and you are holding the finished product in your hands? To me, that IS what COUNTS!! If it feels really good, great. If you putt better, it was worth it! If it feels awkward, eh, to much time to feel like that!! 

IMO, this is why people don't like and question fittings and lessons.  We go to a fitter to find a product that performs and if that club is different that what you have been playing it will and  probably should feel different.   Different can be evaluated as awkward.  The measurements that were discussed are taken to help you determine how you should hold and move the putter during the stroke based on bio-mechanic matchups.  Additionally it may change your visual perception as Edel fitters work to correct aim biases and feel since they leverage weight placement to help control distance.   A properly fit club should help generate confidence that will make if "feel" good over time. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

IMO, this is why people don't like and question fittings and lessons.  We go to a fitter to find a product that performs and if that club is different that what you have been playing it will and  probably should feel different.   Different can be evaluated as awkward.  The measurements that were discussed are taken to help you determine how you should hold and move the putter during the stroke based on bio-mechanic matchups.  Additionally it may change your visual perception as Edel fitters work to correct aim biases and feel since they leverage weight placement to help control distance.   A properly fit club should help generate confidence that will make if "feel" good over time. 

One way to think about it. I am goingvto a swing evaluation in March, but I do this just to "tweak" my swing, and that I am doing the right thing. If not, it is usually an eye opener, with a learning curve for the body. To me, putting is a different animal. Must be relaxed, and it can't be uncomfortable. Over time, maybe not so much...

Driver-Ping g410 SFT, 3W-Callaway Diablo Octane, Hybrids-Snake Eyes Viper 18*+ 21*, Irons-GigaGolf Reva Hybrid Irons 24*- 46*, Wedges-Cleveland CBX2's 50*54*58*, Putter-Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11c

• 2 weeks later...