Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Titleist Introduces New TSi 2 and TSi 3 Drivers

Golfspy_CG2

I'm currently gaming a SiM Max 10.5 c Ventus Blue 6R, and a SiM Max Fairway 15 deg.  I tested the TSi2 10 deg driver and 15 deg fairway with respective Hzrdous Smoke stiff shaft on a Titleist Thursday. The TSi fairway was going 10 yards farther than my current driver and I added 30 yards of distance with the TSi driver. I think a lot of it is due to being in a regular flex shaft and having a ton of spin and ballooning, but still loved the sound and feel of it. Apparently I need to start entering some raffles to get some new gear!! 

:titelist-small: - Driver - TSi2 10 deg, -1 Length, Project X TSi Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60 (6.0)
:titelist-small:  - Fairway Wood - TSi2 3 Wood 15 deg, -½ Length, Project X TSi Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Hybrid - TS2 Hybrid 19 deg Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 HYB (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Hybrid - TS2 Hybrid 23 deg Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 HYB (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Irons T200 (6 - W 48) True Temper AMT Black (S300)
:titelist-small: - Wedge - SM7 52.12 F Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:titelist-small:  - Wedge - SM8 56.12 D Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:titelist-small:  - Wedge - SM8 60.12 D Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:scotty-small: - 2020 Newport Select, Pistolini Grip, 35"
:titelist-small: - ProV1 

On 11/17/2020 at 6:07 PM, RookieBlue7 said:

Facebook invite pages. You buy spots, a number drawn via random generator and the number picked wins.

I have never been able to find these on facebook. I am in a few of them for softball, how I get all my bats.

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

Driver:     - Anser - 8.5* - Fujikara Red Blur 005 XStiff - Standard L/L

3W:     - SQ Sumo - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Stiff - Standard L/L

Hybrid 3:     - Machspeed - UST Mamiya AXIVCore XStiff -Standard L/L

Irons:      - Idea Black CB3  4-GW - KBS Tour Stiff+ - Standard L/L

Wedges:    - Vokey 52*, 54*, 60* - True Temper Wedge - Standard L/L

Putter:     - Versa Blade - 35in

Ball:      NXT Tour

Bag:  - Ultra Light Cart Bag  

Loc: USA/MD

Handicap: 13

We'll see how much this thread is still being read?

Got the word coming in the first two months of next year!

TSi1 Driver

TSi1 Fairway Woods

TSi 2 and 3 Hybrids 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I really like this driver. I have one ordered and on the way.. I am curious how it will stack head to head against my SIM. Or even the other stuff coming out. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

TSi1 Driver

TSi1 Fairway Woods

TSi 2 and 3 Hybrids 

The TSi hybrids aren't going to stay with the iron cycle? I just assumed we wouldn't see that until fall.

:titelist-small: - Driver - TSi2 10 deg, -1 Length, Project X TSi Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60 (6.0)
:titelist-small:  - Fairway Wood - TSi2 3 Wood 15 deg, -½ Length, Project X TSi Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Hybrid - TS2 Hybrid 19 deg Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 HYB (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Hybrid - TS2 Hybrid 23 deg Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 HYB (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Wedge - SM7 52.12 F Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:titelist-small:  - Wedge - SM8 56.12 D Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:titelist-small:  - Wedge - SM8 60.12 D Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)

5 hours ago, stj51 said:

The TSi hybrids aren't going to stay with the iron cycle? I just assumed we wouldn't see that until fall.

If you have followed Titleist over the years, you know they have gone back and forth on this, releasing the hybrids with the woods back several years ago, then a few years back to moved it as part of the iron fitting process and launched them with the irons.

So this is a new approach for them.  It could simply be a matter of wanting to generate some club sales in the first half of the year, since the only other clubs released will be the TSi1 and Tsi4 and those both have limited targeted audiences.

I for one am glad to see it, as I'm in the market for hybrids, and will be looking at these along with the G425

20 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Tsi4...? 😢

Can't speak to when it will be released but I have already seen pictures of the TSi4 and I believe it is already in the bag of at least 1 guy on tour

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

12 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

TSi1 Driver

TSi1 Fairway Woods

TSi 2 and 3 Hybrids 

I hear the TSi1 calling your name!!  😉

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

11 hours ago, golfinnut said:

I hear the TSi1 calling your name!!  😉

Quite possibly.  But don’t get your hopes up. The 2 won’t be going anywhere anytime in the foreseeable future. 

20 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

If you have followed Titleist over the years, you know they have gone back and forth on this, releasing the hybrids with the woods back several years ago, then a few years back to moved it as part of the iron fitting process and launched them with the irons.

So this is a new approach for them.  It could simply be a matter of wanting to generate some club sales in the first half of the year, since the only other clubs released will be the TSi1 and Tsi4 and those both have limited targeted audiences.

I for one am glad to see it, as I'm in the market for hybrids, and will be looking at these along with the G425

Ah! Makes since, relatively new to the game so appreciate the explanation. Was just fitted for the TS2 hybrids but may just have to wait for the new new to come before pulling the trigger!

• 2 weeks later...

I can tell you this is in the bag and it’s been a SMOKE SHOW. Haven’t played titleist since the 907d4 and this one is really really good

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

33 minutes ago, RookieBlue7 said:

I can tell you this is in the bag and it’s been a SMOKE SHOW. Haven’t played titleist since the 907d4 and this one is really really good

Great to hear. 

I tested the TSi2 fairway wood over the weekend and I was pleasantly surprised. Probably the best feeling fairway I've ever hit from Titleist. It's the first time I've hit a Titleist 3 wood and said 'dang, that ball jumped off the face!' 

I hit 90% of my 3 woods off the tee with maybe 1 or 2 shots into greens so I'm looking more for distance and dispersion more so than higher spin. 

• Ball speeds were very similar to Cobra SpeedZone (Tensei Blue 75x), Callaway Maverick Sub Zero (Aldila Rogue White 130 75x) and TaylorMade SIM Ti (Diamana 75x). When I say similar, there was about a 2-3mph difference between the fastest (SIM Ti) and the TSi2 (HZRDUS Black RDX 75x). 
  • TSi2 had the highest spin, which is great if you need it coming into a par 5 or long par 4. The lowest spinning 3w, the Maverick Sub Zero, had about 750rpms less spin than the TSi2. I wouldn't dream of hitting the Sub Zero into any green with hopes that it would stop on the putting surface. 
  • TSi2 had the highest ball flight of the group, but only a few yards higher than the Cobra. Sub Zero rarely climbed higher than the tree line. SIM Ti had the best ball height for off the tee. 
  • For looks and feel, TSi2 takes the cake. It's a traditional shape with subtle alignment. It sits square and when you put the ball on the screws, it feels fantastic. Sub Zero looked open and was the heaviest feeling fairway of the group. Cobra...felt great but the looks...maybe the white version looks better in person as the yellow version has too much going on with the crown. SIM looks like my driver which isn't a bad thing, I just prefer a more classic look with a fairway wood. 
  • Cobra was the best of combined distance and accuracy but the TSi2 had the best dispersion pattern, just a few yards (6-9yds) shorter. The Sub Zero would be perfect for links golf...it produced low bullets but they were all over the place. The SIM Ti was the longest but it was a tad wild...and $100 more than the rest of the group and that might be a deal breaker going forward. 

They only had the stock shafts so my options were limited on all clubs. Now, could I make the TSi2 work with more time and a wider range of shafts? You bet. I think I'm going to find a Club Champion soon and see if they have the TSi3 heads in stock. (I have yet to see a lefty TSi3 fairway wood on the demo cart but if I do, I'll test and report back.)

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

5 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I tested the TSi2 fairway wood over the weekend and I was pleasantly surprised. Probably the best feeling fairway I've ever hit from Titleist. It's the first time I've hit a Titleist 3 wood and said 'dang, that ball jumped off the face!' 

I hit 90% of my 3 woods off the tee with maybe 1 or 2 shots into greens so I'm looking more for distance and dispersion more so than higher spin. 

• Ball speeds were very similar to Cobra SpeedZone (Tensei Blue 75x), Callaway Maverick Sub Zero (Aldila Rogue White 130 75x) and TaylorMade SIM Ti (Diamana 75x). When I say similar, there was about a 2-3mph difference between the fastest (SIM Ti) and the TSi2 (HZRDUS Black RDX 75x). 
  • TSi2 had the highest spin, which is great if you need it coming into a par 5 or long par 4. The lowest spinning 3w, the Maverick Sub Zero, had about 750rpms less spin than the TSi2. I wouldn't dream of hitting the Sub Zero into any green with hopes that it would stop on the putting surface. 
  • TSi2 had the highest ball flight of the group, but only a few yards higher than the Cobra. Sub Zero rarely climbed higher than the tree line. SIM Ti had the best ball height for off the tee. 
  • For looks and feel, TSi2 takes the cake. It's a traditional shape with subtle alignment. It sits square and when you put the ball on the screws, it feels fantastic. Sub Zero looked open and was the heaviest feeling fairway of the group. Cobra...felt great but the looks...maybe the white version looks better in person as the yellow version has too much going on with the crown. SIM looks like my driver which isn't a bad thing, I just prefer a more classic look with a fairway wood. 
  • Cobra was the best of combined distance and accuracy but the TSi2 had the best dispersion pattern, just a few yards (6-9yds) shorter. The Sub Zero would be perfect for links golf...it produced low bullets but they were all over the place. The SIM Ti was the longest but it was a tad wild...and $100 more than the rest of the group and that might be a deal breaker going forward. 

They only had the stock shafts so my options were limited on all clubs. Now, could I make the TSi2 work with more time and a wider range of shafts? You bet. I think I'm going to find a Club Champion soon and see if they have the TSi3 heads in stock. (I have yet to see a lefty TSi3 fairway wood on the demo cart but if I do, I'll test and report back.)

Really good thoughts and write up on it.  Tks

I've had my TSi2 4 wood with GD IZ6 sitting in my bag for 3 days waiting for temps to rise a bit and winds to die down a bit.  This afternoon might be the ticket finally.

I agree on everything you said abut the looks.  I've read else where some say it sits closed. I don't see that at all, and had our Head Pro and our Director of Instruction look at it.  They both said it sits nicely square. 

8 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Really good thoughts and write up on it.  Tks

I've had my TSi2 4 wood with GD IZ6 sitting in my bag for 3 days waiting for temps to rise a bit and winds to die down a bit.  This afternoon might be the ticket finally.

I agree on everything you said abut the looks.  I've read else where some say it sits closed. I don't see that at all, and had our Head Pro and our Director of Instruction look at it.  They both said it sits nicely square. 

Closed? I didn't see that either. Squarest of the bunch to my eye. 

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • Lefty

2 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Which ball were you using ?

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Which ball were you using ?

They had Titleist Velocity... Which is better than range balls but I play Bridgestone Tour B X. I might see a subtle change in ball speed, spin and height if I tested with my ball but I think the biggest change would be having a wider selection of shafts available.

This fitting was more data gathering than anything. I'm in the market for a new 3W and this was a good starting point. Going forward, I'll focus on the Titleist TSi and maybe Cobra. Now if I can find a fitter with a TSi3 head in lefty...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Lefty