Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Carnahan Golf - R&D "Picture of Day"

C. Carnahan

Chris, the wedges look great!!..I don't know if you remember me, because you've spoken to thousands of people since we talked though I called you in '10 after picking up a set(52,56,60) of your wedges in Dunham's Sports(Pgh, PA)..I really enjoyed talking with you then..I played them & loved 'em, though @ the time you had no CC conforming, which I need for some tournaments that I play in..Anyway, I hope that the names(club pros) that I e-mailed were helpful, because I cannot speak highly enough either of you or your wedges..They replaced Mizunos & I know these pictured are of the same high quality..I'm glad to see you've weathered the economic storm..The very best to ya, & if I can ever get you any names around town, please do not hesitate to contact me @ [email protected] or (412)901-4841..Fairways & Greens 4ever, Richard...

Richard-

Thanks for writing in about your experiences with our Vintage forged wedges! I do remember our conversation on the phone back then and need to follow up with those course in PA. you recommended. We signed up Bellewood Golf Club at the PGA Show this year. Ever played there?

Let' be in touch to get a set of V-Groove wedges in your bag for tournament play.

Thanks for your support and loyalty to Carnahan Golf

CC

Carnahan Golf a boutique golf brand inspired by traditional and timeless designs, exclusively sold at on course pro shops. Learn more »

highlands-banner.jpg

Our virtual pro shop allows our pro shop accounts to drop ship to your house. #greengrass

These are great have a set of three in my bag and have sold 5 in one week. I see these moving out of my shop.

Oh Ya!!!

Love hearing stories like this... when the head pro understands our program and the membership falls in love with the product.

We are making ripples in the golf market pool.

CC

Carnahan Golf a boutique golf brand inspired by traditional and timeless designs, exclusively sold at on course pro shops. Learn more »

highlands-banner.jpg

Our virtual pro shop allows our pro shop accounts to drop ship to your house. #greengrass

Our limited Edition pieces show a more modern day design and finish compared to our bread and butter Vintage and Insignia collections.

IMG_3515.jpg

highlands-banner.jpg

• 1 month later...

Spring is here //// Need new wedges? Click here

Vintage-Wedge-For-Sale.jpg

highlands-banner.jpg

Are they available in the UK?

Stuart

Follow me on TWITTER @StuartRust81 or work @OTproshop

Currently in my bag;

Scotty Cameron Newport oil can

All my other clubs are up for sale in the Proshop

New clubs on Order

TaylorMade R1 Driver

RBZ 2 Fairway adjustable

RBZ 2 Hybrid adjustable

RocketBladez Tour

ATV wedges

well I was doing some digging because I like the Gun Metal look of the wedges, however I won't consider buying something unless it preforms to pretty high standards and I have confidence in it. From your website I read the following and wanted to make a few comments and ask a few questions from a technical level.

Soft forged feel and consistency is the benchmark for the CC Gun Metal wedge. Unique triple grind sole that provides versatility around the green. Heavier head weight for optimal control of the club head. Equipped with a True Temper Dynamic Gold shaft and Golf Pride 2G White grip. Non-conforming grooves to new USGA standards. Unique triple grind sole that provides versatility around the green. Heavier head weight for optimal control of the club head. Crafted in a gun metal finish that reduces glare and increases focus on the shots that matter most. CC Gun Metal wedges offer a refined finished on the already proven Vintage Forged wedge. This limited edition wedge comes designed with three custom sole grinds to allow for optimal bounce with any lie. The 52- and 56-degree wedges are +2g heavier than the industry standard to allow for a heightened sense of feel through the downswing. The 60-degree wedge is 3 grams heavier than industry standard to allow a higher launch out of bunkers. Better control, increased accuracy and shallower divots are direct results from having the CC Gun Metal wedges in play.

1) From the pictures it appears to be closest to an S grind, could you elaborate a little more on the 'triple grind sole', You also mention on the LE, 'This limited edition wedge comes designed with three custom sole grinds to allow for optimal bounce with any lie.' What options are there I didn't see any ordering options of grinds, lie, loft, etc on the ordering form in your store.

2) In you store it only comes in DG R300 & DG S300 shafts, do you have the ability to stock a DG x100 or DG x200? I play the x1 currently but plan to move into x2 for weight reasons in my next set of wedges. I have KBS C-Taper XS in my irons so I stay with the same weight or heavier in wedges.

3) I am someone that wants to play the C.o.C. Grooves in the description you say, 'Non-conforming grooves to new USGA standards'. OUCH, guess I can't play those wedges, are you planning on making a C.o.C. model anytime soon?

4) I like the idea of +2grams in the 52* & 56* also +3grams in the 60* that helps a lot in wedges to have something just a touch heavier then normal a lot of times. What is the exact target weight and manufacturing tolerance in weight that your heads have?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Archived