Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Playing private clubs without membership?

Does anyone have any experience emailing private golf clubs trying to get on for a round? Some friends and I are taking our first golf trip end of September. There’s a pretty nice public course we’ll be playing and there’s a private club I want to try and get on. The private club is definitely known for reciprocals and last year even had advertisements for open tee times. Just curious if anyone had experience or maybe even a form letter I could borrow. 

Driver -  :titelist-small: TSi2 10* - Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

Fairway -  :titelist-small: TSi3 15* Mitsubishi Tensei White

Irons -  :cobra-small: Speed zone 4/5/6/7/8/9/P with KBS v tour steel stiff shafts

Wedges -   :taylormade-small: 48/54/58 - Tour V wedge shafts 

Putter -  :scotty-small: 2021 Phantom X 5 - 34" w/ superstroke flatso 1.0

Ball -  :titelist-small: Prov 1 optic yellow

Bag - :titleist-small: Players 4 plus stand bag - lagoon/black/charcoal

7 hours ago, scratchnurse said:

Does anyone have any experience emailing private golf clubs trying to get on for a round? Some friends and I are taking our first golf trip end of September. There’s a pretty nice public course we’ll be playing and there’s a private club I want to try and get on. The private club is definitely known for reciprocals and last year even had advertisements for open tee times. Just curious if anyone had experience or maybe even a form letter I could borrow. 

The head pro or assistant pro at the semi private course I play regularly can often (not always) make a call and get us on local private courses, as long as we’re somewhat flexible on day and time. If you haven’t tried that it’s worth a shot. I think the private course just wants to know you’re not Happy Gilmore or some bozo, so the pro is vouching that you know how to behave on a golf course. A form letter doesn’t tell the receiving club anything about your “character.”

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)
11 hours ago, scratchnurse said:

I, uh, am not exactly proud to admit this, but I've learned that if you suggest interest in joining, you're likely to get a free round at many courses... 

(In my defense, I actually was interested in joining the couple of times I've done this, but playing the course helped me realize that this was not going to be the venue for me. But I've been legitimately shocked at how easy it's been to play private facilities if you're willing to listen to their 90 min sales pitch about their pickleball tournaments and social gatherings.)

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

25 minutes ago, GregGarner said:

I, uh, am not exactly proud to admit this, but I've learned that if you suggest interest in joining, you're likely to get a free round at many courses... 

(In my defense, I actually was interested in joining the couple of times I've done this, but playing the course helped me realize that this was not going to be the venue for me. But I've been legitimately shocked at how easy it's been to play private facilities if you're willing to listen to their 90 min sales pitch about their pickleball tournaments and social gatherings.)

Think we could have any success trying that at Augusta. 😂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Think we could have any success trying that at Augusta. 😂

Hmm, depends on how well you'd handle their background check, asset check, and every other check they'd be doing. 🤣

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

11 hours ago, GregGarner said:

It's golf, I've done the same thing countless times when I lived up north. I'd even offer to pay but usually it was complimentary. I actually did this once in Tennessee but wound up joining.

Another option is to ask if they allow outside tournaments at their club. I ran outings for my company and I would call and ask. If they said yes I would make an appointment to stop by and discuss. Then ask if there was a way to play the course to check it out. They usually said yes. I would check out three courses and then pick one for the outing. Once someone thinks they have around 32 golfers or more coming to play the doors magical open.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag