Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

35 minutes ago, Northern Monkey said:

Morning all, just finishing packing before heading to the airport. It’s been a great trip and fantastic courses. If you ever get the opportunity to play these I’d highly recommend it. 
@Javs fab photos and safe travels home

@ILMgolfnut hope you’re not too sore

Have a great weekend and hope it involves golf

Great pictures and safe travels!

Play like a champion today!

5 hours ago, Rob Person said:

@Northern Monkey what an absolutabsolutely beautiful course! Very challenging too from the pictures!

@Javs glad you had a great time! You couldn't cover most of London on a week's vacation,  I know,  we've tried!  Best view to see most of the city is from The Shard!

@ILMgolfnut im sorry. First for For your fall, and I'm glad you are ok! but also for giggling a little with the way you described it.

No we only had a day in London on the beginning and ending of our trip. The focus was the ports on the cruise. We have spent a lot of time in Britain, Wales, Scotland and Ireland on other trips.

Play like a champion today!

21 hours ago, Alan Scalzi said:

Good morning to all, ? Has anyone adjusted their driver 2 years of using it, as now you're hitting it like you used too? ( I meaning straight 🙈🙈🙈)

Have had the old Bertha 2 years now. I actually did a deal on it for the shaft. I hit it to feel what it would do. Was impressed and put it in the bag and have not touched it except to change the grip. The numbers and stuff are barely visible on the adjuster and I have not messed with the gravity cores either. I have not even put it on my static board and manually checked anything either. I have no idea of the settings. Some things on my stuff I do not want to know because it gets me thinking and in the tinkering mode which can be dangerous

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

13 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

It arrived, I unpacked it, set it on a hardwood floor and demonstrated it to GF. On the third mock swing, it shot out from under me on the follow through and I hit the floor on my right hip, hard. Note to self: Take it outside or at least on carpet. GF wants me to throw it away immediately. That ain't gonna happen but I will definitely be more careful; hip is still telling me about it. I'm sure nothing is broken, but I will not be surprised to find a bruise later.

Man be careful----At our ages we cannot afford to fall. Man that made me shiver. I can take a fall like that and be in a wheelchair the rest of my life

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

A fine good morning to all.  Coffee going down nicely. Golf later this afternoon.  A big thank you from all of us to @Javs and @Northern Monkey for sharing your incredible and beautiful photos while you were on your respective holidays.  Thoroughly enjoyed them.  Safe travels on your way back home  

@Rob Person enjoy your holiday/cruise.  On a sunny day and even when overcast, Vancouver is a great city to visit.  
And know back to our regularly scheduled programming.

image.jpeg.0e96f9521aaaccecf210816626408a27.jpeg

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, TM MG4 SB 48*/09*, HB 54*/13*, TW 60*/11*, Accra ICWT 95 M4

Putter: L.A.B. DF3, TPT shaft, pistol grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Good morning spies!  Packed up and all docs are printed and app'd !

Leave for the airport in 2 hours, a stop in Houston,  then Vancouver for 1 night. Boarding tomorrow. 

Having never sailed on Celebrity,  I've spent enough time researching to bore an elephant to sleep. 😆 

Have a great weekend spies! 

Have a great trip Rob and enjoy the downtime Rob!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Good Saturday morning Spies!

Yesterday was a long craft show setup one! Started at 4am with GC duties and ended at 8pm when finished getting the CEO's craft show setup completed, and all the stuff to get her ready and there in-between... I think I am approaching the "I'm too old for this S**% point... And this morning is getting ready to go help make sure it is all perfect before the show starts... Oh well enough of me.

@Javs more great pics and safe travels today as you journey home!

@Rob Person have a great trip and enjoy the time with your boss!

@Northern Monkey safe travels.

@ILMgolfnut hope you are not too sore and feeling a little better today.

@sirchunksalot hope your wife is feeling better today Jason.

I'm getting side eye from the boss, so I better get finish getting ready to go.

Everyone have a great day!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

12 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Do you play composite iron shafts?

The Superspeed really had my interest when it first came out.  But at that time I was just in the process of switching from steel to composite, having dealt with chronic left shoulder and left elbow pain.  6 months into the switch and all the pain went away... and has been gone since. 

I considered trying the SS system after that but simply did not want to chance messing anything up.  I also think some of these gadgets are best left to those a wee bit younger and way more flexible 😆.

I play Cobra irons with Recoil ESX F1 (described as somewhere between regular and senior flex) shafts. I guess you would describe them as composite. Graphite, anyway. As I recall, he put me on the F1 based on my driver CHS at the time. It's a little faster now, which would seem to suggest a move to an F2, but I hit my irons okay so I'll leave it alone.

I don't think Rypstick has really bothered my shoulder (you're basically making your normal swing, but hard), but the overhead reaches of some of the FFG workouts definitely do.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Man be careful----At our ages we cannot afford to fall. Man that made me shiver. I can take a fall like that and be in a wheelchair the rest of my life

Happy to report that the hip didn't bother me at all last night and there is no bruise where I landed. But yes, I was lucky. I figure the bone density I built up from marathoning stood me in good stead there.

Good morning everyone! 

The plans for going out to Geekster are a hard maybe, my wife was feeling better last night but she's still a quite fatigued so we'll play that one by ear. I'm just glad she's starting to feel progress in her recovery. Thanks again to everyone for the well wishes, she appreciates y'all as much as I do. 

It's been a fun week of seeing photos from the vacations of @Javs and @Northern Monkey and I'm looking forward to some from @Rob Person. Enjoy your trip my friend, it's been well earned. 

@ILMgolfnut I hope you recover from the fall soon. 

I'm thankful I was able to get out and play yesterday after work. It was a beautiful day on the course and the most solid round I've had in a long time. My driver was the only thing that kept me from playing bogey golf because I had 2 go OB. I think what I'm most proud of is the fact of you take the penalty strikes off, I would have made bogey on the 6th and par on the 9th. Usually wayward drives lead to either +4 or worse so I'll take the triple and double I wrote on the scorecard. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy whatever you're doing whether it's playing golf, spending time with the family like @Josh Parker, or helping out with a craft show like @William P

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

@ILMgolfnut I hope you recover from the fall soon. 

Thanks for the best wishes from everyone. My hip is a tiny bit sore where I landed, but no bruising, no trouble walking. Wish my shoulder felt as good as my hip. I was lucky. Learned a lesson the hard way.

2 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Good morning spies!  Packed up and all docs are printed and app'd !

Leave for the airport in 2 hours, a stop in Houston,  then Vancouver for 1 night. Boarding tomorrow. 

Having never sailed on Celebrity,  I've spent enough time researching to bore an elephant to sleep. 😆 

Have a great weekend spies! 

Safe travels

Driver - Ping G410+ LA golf 65S

3wood - Ping G400 Aldia green 75S

5 wood - Ping G410 Aldia 75S

4-pw Iron - TM M3 steel fiber  i110

Ping Glide 3.0 - 50, 54, 58 Nippon 115

Odyssey O-Works 2-ball

ProV1x

Good morning Spies from a sunny and soon to be warm Michigan.

Headed out the door shortly to a small town north of us here for a car show this morning.

Small in scale but raises awareness for their redevelopment of their downtown "Main Street" area.

Golf is in my plans for tomorrow, and later this evening will be spent with SWMBO and her family at a small family celebration.

Safe travels @Rob Person and looking forward to seeing some pictures from your adventure. 😎

Hope your day is the best it can be, and that something enjoyable is in your plans. ⛳

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

Morning all!  Just going through the ol’ forum while watching the MotoGP sprint race.  Had a nice breakfast and did a course review of Ironwood where ClevelandGirl and I are meeting for a round.  Still a couple spots for anyone to join!!!  

Driver - Ping G410+ LA golf 65S

3wood - Ping G400 Aldia green 75S

5 wood - Ping G410 Aldia 75S

4-pw Iron - TM M3 steel fiber  i110

Ping Glide 3.0 - 50, 54, 58 Nippon 115

Odyssey O-Works 2-ball

ProV1x

Good Morning & Happy Saturday!  
Easy morning, helped SWMBO with her cats.  No golf today going to outside gym shortly.

Got bad news last night, our daughter’s dog 15 years old has to be put down this morning with kidney disease.  She a really nice dog that grew up with my granddaughters who are understandingly upset.  Both Gkids are not home one at Providence College the oldest living in Bethesda and interning at National Institutes of Health and can’t go with their parents and pup.  
Pup was a riot whenever we FT with the family she joined right in and wanted us to talk to her.  She will be missed.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Giod morning all....got in some putting practice this morning while getting the daily dose of caffeine. 

Catching up on posts from yesterday and the pics of the vacationers.  So who else thought of a new marketing plan for Windsor Castle.... add an Upper Deck Golf style feature to the top of that wall hitting to a green on that pristine lawn??  Think of the $$, er pounds, that could be made.  Have one of those soldier guard dudes tending the flag.  That fuzzy hat will protect him from getting beaned!  

Another million dollar idea from yours truly availlable for the world to take advantage of and not send me a single dime!  I am like that character in Night Shift, does that date me or what.

Have a great day!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Good morning everyone! It's a rainy windy weekend up here so I'll be puttering around the house, doing some reading and drinking lots of coffee. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

A few more from this mornings adventures. Searching for shells and shark teeth. 

20240921_072914.jpg.4f336ae076db7466d37ab42289610c41.jpg

20240921_072714.jpg.aa47335d15e7f11d5417f00edd251c52.jpg

20240921_072921.jpg.b496aa798f746b305d1579185203a41d.jpg

20240921_072927.jpg.b6b68645c9af1d47572d750dfc31f25e.jpg

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

24 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

...I'll probably also spin a couple of the "replaced" LP's I just acquired via eBay while my wife is out at the stores. Aja, Rumors, and Hotel California sound better played at room filling volume level 😊. It's fun playing vinyl... takes me back to some of the most memorable times in my life.

Have a great weekend everyone.

I sold my vinyl collection about 15 years ago via ebay to a guy in  ukraine.  I got it to a shipping facility outside Phila to be included with a lot of other stuff in a shipping container.  There were a lot of OMR's and collectible color vinyl limited pressings.  I often wonder if he and the stuff he collected have survived the war.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.