Music on the Golf Course?

It has its place but not when it’s playing so loud you can hear it from two holes over.  Keep it on kow so only you can hear it.  If you’re paired up ask them if they’d mind if music was played as it surely can be a distraction.  If you need music then just wear ear buds

My opinion - No speakers period. If you want music because it helps your game bring headphones.  

Ping G425 LST Driver

Ping G425 3 Wood

Ping G425 19deg Hybrid

Ping G430 irons 5-P, 45, 50

Taylormade MG3 wedges 54, 58

Ping Ketch Putter 34”

I don't personally but don't care if people do as long as it isn't so loud you can hear it on an adjacent hole. Anything to grow the game. I play with lots of people who listen to music on the golf course. However, just because you want to listen to it doesn't mean everyone wants to listen to it. There is a reason there are a million channels on SiriusXM or Spotify! 🤣 😂

• Driver - Callaway Paradym X 10.5 - Project X HZRDS Gen 4 50
  • 3 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 16.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • 5 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 18.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • Irons - Srixon ZX7 - KBS Tour C-Taper Lite
  • Wedges - Srixon ZX7 51-8 KBS Tour C-Taper Lite; Titleist Vokey 56-12 & 60-08 - Project X 6.0
  • Putter - Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
  • Golf Ball - 2023 Titleist Pro V1X Left Dash

I work for a speaker company so had to get used to other people’s musical tastes playing out loud, all day in the background, but I fully agree that music too loud and not your jam are a bit hard to tune out when really trying to zone in.  

I have been experimenting playing from a Bluetooth speaker while playing alone and it’s actually super helpful. Makes it feel more like a run/gym workout where you are kind of getting lost in what you are doing and the time goes super fast. Also fun to play around with what genres and tempos you play best with. Highly recommend it for those early morning 9’s walking, where you are trying to jam through the round quick.  Classic 70-80’s rock, country, and 90’s-00’s alternative/punk rock (surprisingly) I’ve found to be my favorite  jams for those mornings to get hyped up.

Santa Barbara, CA —> insta @sbgolfbros

• Irons - :titleist-small: 712MB
  • Driver -   :titleist-small:TSR2 (Back-up : :taylormade-small:Stealth+)
  • Wedges - :titleist-small:Vokey 52,56 /  :bettinardi-1:Hex 58
  • Putter -:bettinardi-1:StudioStock 14 

I do not mind music on the golf course unless it is blaring loud and very close to me when I am hitting a shot. I can otherwise take it ot leave it on the course.

20240201_090746.jpg.dc912835512d12e8eee414097c7382a0.jpgRetired and love golf

13 minutes ago, CDot14 said:

I work for a speaker company so had to get used to other people’s musical tastes playing out loud, all day in the background, but I fully agree that music too loud and not your jam are a bit hard to tune out when really trying to zone in.  

I have been experimenting playing from a Bluetooth speaker while playing alone and it’s actually super helpful. Makes it feel more like a run/gym workout where you are kind of getting lost in what you are doing and the time goes super fast. Also fun to play around with what genres and tempos you play best with. Highly recommend it for those early morning 9’s walking, where you are trying to jam through the round quick.  Classic 70-80’s rock, country, and 90’s-00’s alternative/punk rock (surprisingly) I’ve found to be my favorite  jams for those mornings to get hyped up.

Flip flop shoes and sweat pants, now music on the golf course, what else can happen to golf, speedos and bikinis. 75 years playing golf, this is an insult to the game.

Watch and learn from the masters.true golfers watching, not like other tournaments where the bystanders yell and cause problems. They are the on course music players and drunks that drive their carts where ever.

My last response, by.

I enjoy music on the course but also sometimes just want to get away from everything and enjoy nature. 
If I’m playing music, I play it for our group to hear and I’ll lower it if we are near someone else taking a shot 

Driver:  image.png.e6704436d0738e350c36dc1ce0753eba.png G425 Max

3w: image.png.8c80dd2d8412050473d733ae63143a54.png G425 Max

Irons:  image.png.df4c4edcd7f6540ac2633c86951943cc.png G430

Putter:  image.png.e24ecf5c5006f69baa2e4de3d7a93fbe.png Spider X

Music on the course is here to stay!  We need to learn to embrace it, and everyone that plays music should be taught to respect it. Considerate volume, music genre, etc.

Bringing the funk daily

Just now, Pfunk5050 said:

Music on the course is here to stay!  We need to learn to embrace it, and everyone that plays music should be taught to respect it. Considerate volume, music genre, etc.

Well I guess I will start blaring JANIS JOPLIN, with a little help from friend, and see how that goes over

I am done with this by.

On 7/9/2023 at 5:22 PM, Ron Folkinga said:

What are your thoughts about music while playing golf? 

What do you think, pro music or no music?

I HATE music on the golf course, but fortunately, our club doesn't allow it.

TaylorMade BRNR…driver
Callaway Apex UT…driving iron
Ping G430...5, 7, 9-woods
Titleist T100...#s 5-9 irons
Titleist T150...48°
Titleist SM10...54-08, 60-04
Louisville Golf Ambi-Dex...putter
Titleist Pro V1x...ball
Titleist Cart 14...bag

Music doesn't bother me but most I encounter keep the level very respectable.  I have a speaker in my cart, but as a weekend afternoon player, I listen to or watch coverage of whatever golf tournament is playing at the time.  I watched the last round of the Masters while playing my Sunday round.  As you might imagine, the level is not such that most outside my cart can hear it.  

Still dreaming of being a professional when I grow up. 

On 9/6/2023 at 5:34 AM, RTH1 said:

Question is for boa users, how are they performing after a season or two, and would you purchase again ?

Prefer quiet. Nothing more frustrating than trying to communicate with people in another cart and they can't hear you due to their blaring music. 

Absophukinlutely not. 

Edited by MrHogan

Mizuno Pro Model E  10.5* Tour AD VR 5

Callaway XR 3W 15* 565 Speeder 

Ping G30 5W 18* 757 Speeder

Hogan Apex 99 4-E, KBS Tour CT Limited

Hogan VKTR 21* hybrid 
Hogan EQ wedges. 50*, 56*. 
Sik Flo C
Snell MTBX

I’ve noticed players with speakers on carts but never in the group I was in until my brother and I got paired with a twosome that played music from their smartphone. On the second tee, they cranked up some hard rock that was loud enough to hear at least 50 yards away. It was very annoying and intrusive at first. After about three holes, I asked them to turn it down, which they did with no griping. I could barely hear it after that except when we were teeing off. I eventually got used to hearing it so it didn’t bother my golf game. 

I think it’s okay if someone wants to listen while they play as long as it’s not intruding on another player. Although, I’ve never played with music on, I believe the volume could be set low enough to not bother playing partners. I’m now intrigued though on seeing how having my own music playing would affect my game.  I may experiment with it, though I doubt I would continue the practice because I enjoy the natural sounds and quiet found on the course. 

All clubs are Maltby/Golfworks brand

Driver – KE4 TC Max, Maltby MPF Pro Series UL shaft, Regular

3 & 5 Woods – KE4 Tour TC, Fujikura Vista Pro 65-R shaft, Regular

3 Hybrid – KE4 Tour TC, Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black 2nd Gen shaft, Regular

4 Hybrid – KE4 Tour TC, Rapport Core Blue Hybrid, Regular

5 – PW Irons – TS3 Forged, UST Mamiya Recoil 660/680 SC shaft, Regular

52, 56 degree Wedges – Max Milled, UST Mamiya Recoil 760/780 ES SmacWrap IP shaft, Regular

Putter -  Pure-Track Tour Milled PTM-4, TT putter shaft

Ball – Maxfli Tour X

I will occasionally play music on the course (couples tournaments that are going to be 5 hours or so) but will ask my partners first. Definitely only loud enough for us to hear, not even one fairway over. The game of golf has evolved to where too many people have no respect for the game, the course or others on it. Really enjoy hearing Mother Natures sounds too like the  birds chirping and frogs that are now croaking in our ponds and bushes.

Ping G425 SGT Driver

Ping Rapture V2 4 wood

Ping Rapture V2 23 ° Hybrid

Ping G430 26 ° Hybrib

Ping G 6 to PW irons

Ping 50° & 54° Glide 2 Wedge

Square Strike Chipper

Sandy Andy Sand Wedge

Evnroll ER7CS Center Shaft putter

I am 59 and am a huge music fan and audiophile.  I've amassed a record collection of almost 3000 albums of mostly 70's rock, jazz and bluegrass. But when I am on the course I don't want to hear someone's music...I live in Nashville and usually it's bro-country blasting.  Some people ask if it's okay to play music if I get paired with them. Normally I say just keep it low but sometimes there are guys that don't give a crap and play it loud. I think if you want to play music while playing golf wear earbuds and don't force me to listen to your music. 

I like some music but silence as well. Main thing is if music is played, it's low enough as to not bother someone's game. Sometimes, it's nice to get away from the everyday noises of everyday life and the golf course can offer a person that. Low volume music ok, but silence can be golden.

Kevin WP

There is a BIG BIG difference between playing music that you and your cart mate agree on and played at a volume that does NOT bother others.      and playing music or other stuff at a volume level that potentially bothers others on the golf course.      The question I would ask is...   are you playing that for your own enjoyment or just trying to get attention and annoy others.     Usually the answer is quite obvious....    unfortunate  

I'm a proponent of music on the golf course.  I have rigged my MGS cart so I can slap a Bushnell Wingman on the frame via a magnet.  When I'm with my regular group, music is a given.  We enjoy trading new music discoveries and forgotten favorites between us.

If you're with someone new, then the same rules apply for asking about the normal obiligatroy personal preferences.  You always ask what tees do you play?, do you want me to pull the pin?, do you want this breaking downhill 3 footer that you've been sweeping all day back?

You have to ask if music is OK and you have to "read the room".  Someone who turns to look at you because you might move even though you are standing 15 feet directly behind their back probably won't enjoy your Rage Against the Machine playlist blaring at maximum volume.   

image.png.4818ede7e80f31645e620c4feb4b67bf.png Ping G430 Max 10k 10.5º Driver - Ventus TR Red 5-S

default_srixon-small.jpg.7ede661a77d554fa61d2d5496acf44db.jpgSrixon ZX5 MKII 15º 3 Wood

default_srixon-small.jpg.7ede661a77d554fa61d2d5496acf44db.jpg Srixon ZX5 MKII 3 & 4 hybrids

default_srixon-small.jpg.7ede661a77d554fa61d2d5496acf44db.jpg Srixon ZX4 MKII 5-AW Irons

default_cleveland-small.jpg.e4cb38d3900b8ee03ebe0e9f1cd9dbc3.jpg Cleveland RTX 5 54º and 60º wedges

default_cleveland-small.jpg.e4cb38d3900b8ee03ebe0e9f1cd9dbc3.jpg Cleveland Frontline Elite Elevado putter

default_srixon-small.jpg.7ede661a77d554fa61d2d5496acf44db.jpg Srixon Z-Star Diamond or Z-Star XV

I prefer to only hear the sound of nature and ball/club contact (I.e., no music of any kind); this enables me to concentrate without distraction, and is much more relaxing for me.

Stealth 2 Plus driver

Ping G410 3 wood

Stealth 2 5 wood

Pi g 410 4, 5, 6 hybrids

Titleist T300 7-PW

Vokey 48, 54, 58 wedges

Odyssey Tri-hot putter

Love music myself but I would never force it on someone else. There is a time and place for everything but I don't believe the golf course is the place for music. It would be too distracting when someone is trying to concentrate.

Callaway X Hot driver, 3 wood and hybrids. TP III irons

We play music at a reasonable sound level. We always ask others if it bothers them . I never understood why it would bother people, you get people noise, mowers, jets and traffic on most golf courses and you play through that 

Golf A Game For A Lifetime

I am not a fan of music on the course. If it's kept at a dull roar and everyone in the group agrees with the type of music to play and only one station or program playing it's doable. The main problem is when two or even three different programs are running it becomes a needless distraction.

I love country on the golf course. Especially when I play by myself. But not if anyone objects. My usual group has a music hater on the course so I respect that. I have noticed playing that there are some pretty entitled feeling people who think when in range of them you will enjoy rock blasting from their cart. I think forum decorum would object to my written feelings along those lines. 

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)