Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

RealGolfers.co Apparel - 2023 Member Test

GolfSpy_APH

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Few quick things with this member test which are important to let everyone know about.

1. Henry the founder reached out to MyGolfSpy Forum via the contact us to discuss and chat about an opportunity. He was actually surprised how quick we responded and after exchanging a few emails back and forth we scheduled a call and soon after had this all locked in. It was really cool for the Forum as it shows our mission to make member testing more visible and for it to be a benefit to different companies in either promoting their product or getting their name out there. 

2. The hoodies are of a new batch. I haven't actually see them yet, but they may look slightly different. 

I am excited to have a chance to work with Henry and crew because I think they have done a fantastic job and truly hope that being part of the member testing program will boost them and their company forward. If we can be a platform that elevates companies and gives them more credibility, exposure and sales all while being able get our members free equipment to test and review then this becomes that much more powerful of a platform. 

MGS constantly stepping it up! So glad I found this forum and the community

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

Intro Post is up and running! Let’s get this baby started!!! IMG_6476.gif.a1595d136388dd0bdb310a4a0dafd656.gif

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Looking forward to seeing how these shirts are! Every time I see a delivery truck I get excited. Can’t wait for the fresh fits to roll onto the course with

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

The package has arrived and initial reactions are up! Let me know how you want to see it tested and what questions you have.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

I have worn the hoody all day and I am a huge fan so far. This thing is like butter! 

On 9/26/2023 at 3:42 AM, RwsGolf1 said:

Placeholder

My Introduction

·         I live and play out of Southeast Florida – Palm Beach County

·         I have been playing golf for 52 Years

·         I am a former professional but now play mostly in mid 70s to low 80s.  I still am competitive but, have nowhere close to the skills I once had.

·         I have operated resorts, country clubs, private and daily fee operations.

·         I helped open PGA National in 1980, formerly home to the PGA Championship, Ryder Cup, PGA Seniors Championship and now the home of the Honda Classic

·         I redesigned golf courses  to make more playable and create more revenue

·         I managed the building of amenities in golf communities including club houses, tennis courts, practice facilities

·         I have taught touring pros and many celebrities over the years

·         My forte in the latter years was turning around golf operations (private, resort and public)

·         I left the golf business as I did not enjoy managing up to 180 employees any longer

The Golf Questions

·         I will test these garments on the golf course, leisure as well as determine how they wash for the next time wearing.

·         I have a closet with over 80 golf shirts of all materials and styles and will compare them to this wardrobe.

·         I will make a determination on how they fit, react in hot weather and maintain their size for future rounds.  If they are uncomfortable, they will remain but be utilized only for leisure and not for the course.  If these garments pass the muster, I will continue to wear and potentially order additional in the future.

·         I have worn almost every golf garment made over the past 50 years at one time or another.  Although, I used to either receive at no charge from the manufacturers or purchase for a steep discount, I now must pay for golf attire like everyone else.

·         I know that the company is making short runs of various styles and colors.  They are touting high quality for a more reasonable price. I like the fact that these are not mass produced with millions exactly the same at least as far as prints. This is great so that you do not show up at the club with the exact shirt of others.  Although not as important as women typically, it is still nice to wear something more original.

·         At this point, I have no expectations as far as being wearable and functionality and will let the products stand by their own merit.

As a very experienced player and former owner of various golf pro shops, I have many years of choosing and wearing apparel from many manufacturers. I hope the product stands up to their claims.  I absolutely hate golf garments that are binding and restrict swinging to normal movements. So the ability to maintain sizing and remain uniform is a requirement. Also, living in the tropical area of the United States the ability for the product to wick and remain lose and not stick to the body with perspiration will be very important.  Lastly, the product must not be like wearing a body bag and be extremely hot while wearing.  All in all, the products must not shrink or fade with normal washing and wear.

A former plus handicapper who must settle for mid 70s to mid 80 scores today.  After taking 10 years off due to back issues, my driver length has decreased by 40 yards on average.  I look forward to any training aids, shaft improvements, club enhancements to get back part of what was lost.

Worn the polo and sweatshirt a few days since getting them in the mail.  Got a practice round in and going to be hitting the range in the tonight. Genuinely impressed so far and starting to write up a review that I hope helps a few of you out there. More pictures to be added to the post.

The fit and feel are definitely something you are goin to want to read when I post my full review, but let me tell you they are holding up to their promises so far.

Weather has been getting chillier and excited to see how I feel swinging in this sweatshirt since seeing taller I have had issues finding sweatshirts or quarter zips with the length in the arms that hinder my swing unless I pull the sleeves up.

IMG_8979.jpeg

IMG_8978.jpeg

IMG_8977.jpeg

IMG_8976.jpeg

Edited by PrismFlopper

Wore the polo today for work. Super comfy and lightweight, but could use some length to it as it becomes a belly shirt when you raise your arms. IMG_6562.jpeg.33a5bb475a2484283c210fac6169d539.jpeg

Testers, what are some comparable brands that you enjoy and fit you best? 

are these comparable to any brands you currently have?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

17 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

In my initial post I have what I would consider my favorite polos in the closet. (Barstool, Swannies, RSVLTS, and Bogey Boys).

I think so far that the fabric feel is similar to a Barstool or RSVLTS polo. It has good stretch and fits nice through the chest and arms, but so far I would like a little more length in the torso.

Im trying to play a round this week as I’ll be interested to see if it stays tucked in or not. I prefer to tuck all my polos while golfing.

The hoody is unlike anything I own. It’s a very technical fabric feel, has great stretch and a nice weight to it.

12 hours ago, Lacassem said:

That's a great but tough question. My first thought jumps to Rhoback, but it has nothing similar to Rhoback haha. I think it was just a comfortable wear which is why I say that. It has a smaller softer collar then Rhoback. Collar reminds me more of Nike or Under Armour, but a little more pinched. The fit is more like a Bad Birdie because it's more fit to my body but has plenty of stretch. The sizing isn't like Bad Birdie though. I have a large in both and I feel RG is much more roomy. Honestly after one full day wear it has a lot of little pieces from lots which I think is a great sign. Washing it today so will be interested to see what happens after a wash.

13 hours ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Wore the polo today for work. Super comfy and lightweight, but could use some length to it as it becomes a belly shirt when you raise your arms. IMG_6562.jpeg.33a5bb475a2484283c210fac6169d539.jpeg

Did you have it tucked in? I wore mine the other day and it stayed mostly tucked even after I had about 50 swings at the range.

My first impressions are of high quality.  The material is not breathable enough.  I intended to wear it this past Friday, but, I knew it was to rain and wanted to give it a better shot.  I wore it to a meeting where it was fine for a dress/casual use.

I was afraid to wear on Saturday’s round due to 90 degree expected temps.  As I stated previously, sending a South Florida resident a black shirt was probably an oversight.  We only wear black in the evenings and to funerals.

From my initial attempt at testing, it should be noted that it is made from a very thick material,  Yes, it does stretch but seems to be binding in upper arm and shoulder areas.

As per other comments, it seems to be cut a little short to be comfortable when tucked.

My goal is to wear for a practice session this week whereby I will not have to suffer through 5 hours of being a heat magnet (black garment).

You can call me “old school” if you want but, i miss the good old Pickering line of cotton lisle polos.

Edited by RwsGolf1

A former plus handicapper who must settle for mid 70s to mid 80 scores today.  After taking 10 years off due to back issues, my driver length has decreased by 40 yards on average.  I look forward to any training aids, shaft improvements, club enhancements to get back part of what was lost.

Washed the hoody today per tag instructions in cold water using baby detergent (nice and gentle) with like colors and tumble dry low. *Tag does not note to use baby detergent, don’t worry! 🤣 I just find it is so much easier on clothes. 

I must say, I think the hand feel is better after the wash and dry. It got even softer than it was out of the bag. And the fit didn’t shrink up at all. 

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to RealGolfers.co Apparel - 2023 Member Test

Getting caught up, but the little bit I have seen so far seems like this is a great start and they have a solid quality product on their hands!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

13 hours ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Washed the hoody today per tag instructions in cold water using baby detergent (nice and gentle) with like colors and tumble dry low. *Tag does not note to use baby detergent, don’t worry! 🤣 I just find it is so much easier on clothes. 

I must say, I think the hand feel is better after the wash and dry. It got even softer than it was out of the bag. And the fit didn’t shrink up at all. 

I still prefer to use the baby detergent on our sheets and towels.... something about it just calms the soul when you get into bed.  I can imagine that would be equally as nice with a comfortable hoodie

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On 10/9/2023 at 7:20 PM, Lacassem said:

I have some Nike UA, bogey bros BUT my all time favorite I compare with are my Lululemon. The apparel from Lulu has been unmatched by any company but I’ll leave it till my review to see how they stack up comparatively.

On 10/9/2023 at 6:22 PM, No3PuttLaLa said:

I’m running into a similar issue.

Alright here's a weird one for you the hood is overlapping at the clasp which leads to it being rather tight fitting. What's strange is because of the stretch in the fabric it can cover a head with a hat as well.20231013_071023.jpg.e04cee99836e0a72dde98c4df435a61d.jpg

But if you look at the photo it is clearly stretching to cover based off whenever I do not have a hat.

20231013_071054.jpg.24e74333047bac43c2fe1bcb4973407a.jpg

Certainly nice to have that ability but i do not imagine swinging with my hood up and a hat one would be comfortable.

Any course play updates with the apparel?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 10/9/2023 at 4:42 PM, No3PuttLaLa said:

prefer to tuck all my polos while golfing.

Oh man, I hate tucking shirts in. I feel constricted.  Actually one of the reasons I've taken to Untuckit shirts  for casual wear. They are well made, comfortable, and made to be left untucked 😁  I haven't tried theor polo/golf shirts yet.

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

Well, I attempted to wear it yesterday.  Put on and received a message “golf course closed”.  We have had so much rain that I have only played five times since July 15th.  I did wear it to meet the guys and we had lunch.  Sorry, no golf activity with the polo yet.

BTW:  only going to 90 today, so getting closer to being able wear the hoodie.  I may have to go to a hockey game.

Edited by RwsGolf1

Washed them according to the tags and definitely didn’t not see any difference in color, feel, or sizing. So that’s good to see but I’m not going to lie I didn’t pay attention the other day and accident just through them in the wash and started the wash and dried the shirt, but caught the sweatshirt and I hang dried it. This was actually a pretty good accident test and to no surprise there was no difference from how the shape from when I washed it correctly. Glad to see that there is some leeway for accidents. Also spilled some coffee on the polo while at work and got some dirt stains on it during a round, and ALL the stains came out, like they were never even there.

On 10/14/2023 at 11:19 AM, Lacassem said:

I have a review written up just trying to hold to the guidelines of the test, but it will be up in the next week or so

On 10/14/2023 at 8:19 AM, Lacassem said:

Have a round Friday afternoon wearing both and will be sure to report back! Stay tuned

Pretty excited! I have a morning round on friday for a wedding and going to really be able to test how these feel. Going to be in NH so the sweatshirt is going to be a must wear.

Played 9 this morning with both the polo and hoody. It was 55° overcast and light sprinkle.

The hoody was comfortable for the tang and warming up. I thought the fit was good and not restrictive. However the sleeves do not stay up on my forearms, that was a bit annoying for me.

After hole 1, the hoody came off. I was sweating heavily at this point. It was too heavy for my liking to walk the course in.

The polo did NOT stay tucked in. It kept coming out the back of of my pants and showing off my crack when I would bend down. It was not all bad though as it was comfortable. Not quite as light weight as I would have liked.

I’ll keep grinding in it and make sure I get all aspects for y’all. Feel free to shout any questions.IMG_6758.jpeg.dfe3ca9c4d976211f57898b65b774838.jpeg

Couple of updates. Played a round in the polo the other day. At no point did I notice anything uncomfortable and was impressed how long it remained tucked. Only had to retuck it once. Washed it and something must have been sitting on it because it came out stained with orangish streaks. I preceeded to throw it right back in and second time around no issue. Nothing else in the laundry was effected so I have no idea what happened. Also washed the sweatshirt and boy does that thing get heavy when wet. Made me think that it would not be a great option on a day with a surprise rain storm but unless you're playing tournament golf I don't envision many people will hoof out a rain soaked round that has temperatures that require a hoodie