Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

RealGolfers.co Apparel - 2023 Member Test

GolfSpy_APH

Actually got out for a full 9 holes this weekend where the weather called for me to wear the hoodie the entire round. I naturally pull up the sleeves tow like mid forearm, I do this with any long sleeve shirt or hoodie I wear just outa comfort, so I had no problems with it pulling up like mentioned above. I’m getting out tomorrow for another round and going to wear it again to give it another try. Maybe a few swings with it all the way down but just not natural for me. Played a pretty good round for the most part, so can’t complain 

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

3 minutes ago, PrismFlopper said:

Actually got out for a full 9 holes this weekend where the weather called for me to wear the hoodie the entire round. I naturally pull up the sleeves tow like mid forearm, I do this with any long sleeve shirt or hoodie I wear just outa comfort, so I had no problems with it pulling up like mentioned above. I’m getting out tomorrow for another round and going to wear it again to give it another try. Maybe a few swings with it all the way down but just not natural for me. Played a pretty good round for the most part, so can’t complain 

Good.  I have not been able to do any swings with mine but, It feels nice and seems to move with my movements.

A former plus handicapper who must settle for mid 70s to mid 80 scores today.  After taking 10 years off due to back issues, my driver length has decreased by 40 yards on average.  I look forward to any training aids, shaft improvements, club enhancements to get back part of what was lost.

Had a nice round this morning in beautiful 39° weather. The course was wide open and provided a perfect opportunity to wear the hoody. It definitely has a temperature range where it is most useful. IMG_6782.jpeg.e452b0dfe2dece0b83f0bbb409547a3a.jpeg

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

On 10/22/2023 at 12:45 PM, No3PuttLaLa said:

Played 9 this morning with both the polo and hoody. It was 55° overcast and light sprinkle.

The hoody was comfortable for the tang and warming up. I thought the fit was good and not restrictive. However the sleeves do not stay up on my forearms, that was a bit annoying for me.

After hole 1, the hoody came off. I was sweating heavily at this point. It was too heavy for my liking to walk the course in.

The polo did NOT stay tucked in. It kept coming out the back of of my pants and showing off my crack when I would bend down. It was not all bad though as it was comfortable. Not quite as light weight as I would have liked.

I’ll keep grinding in it and make sure I get all aspects for y’all. Feel free to shout any questions.IMG_6758.jpeg.dfe3ca9c4d976211f57898b65b774838.jpeg

Things sharp. Red accent is solid. Stinks it’s not staying tucked in. Do you have pants with the elastic band in it that sticks tk the shirts?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

10 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Things sharp. Red accent is solid. Stinks it’s not staying tucked in. Do you have pants with the elastic band in it that sticks tk the shirts?

Yeah look and feel is money. I do not have the elastic band in the pants. I think I only have 1 pair of UA pants that have that, my Travis Mathew not not. 

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Got out the other day and was finally able to get a pic in the shirt. Unfortunately it was like 79 deg in the sun so it was WAY to hot for the hoodie. I too am having issues with having it stay tucked just due to my height and build, but it was really comfortable even in the heat.

IMG_9051.jpeg

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

On 10/14/2023 at 11:42 AM, Subdiver1 said:

Oh man, I hate tucking shirts in. I feel constricted.  Actually one of the reasons I've taken to Untuckit shirts  for casual wear. They are well made, comfortable, and made to be left untucked 😁  I haven't tried theor polo/golf shirts yet.

As far as playing it really depends on the weather whether I tuck or not, but this one works great for untucked for me due to the length in the torso. I have a few Nike and UA shirts that I wear when it’s hot and they tend to be baggy and a little long and for me just doesn’t look great.

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue or it might just be me but last two times I've gone to take the hoodie off I can hear stitches popping. I feel like it's partially due to my oversized head but it's happened more then once so I found it an interesting issue. I've seen no damage though. 

First Impressions (8 out of 10)

I was thoroughly impressed with how the product arrived. There was a nice hand written note from the owner, the product was neatly folded in poly bags with tissue paper, and they included a cool holographic sticker. I think the hand written note added a nice personalized touch.IMG_6553.jpg.9d9050c8cca1e454c591bd78dfe54ef0.jpg

The hoody feel was immediately different than any of the other hoodies I own. It was almost a seafoam green color with Real Golfers script written down the sleeve and a jester hat logo at the nape of the neck. I love wearing hoodies, so I was excited to see if this would be added to my rotation or not. If I layer for golf, it’s a ¼ zip and comes off rather fast as I run hot.

The polo looked in-line with other polos that I own. I received a black version with multicolored dancing skeletons all over it. Immediately noticeable was the collar, it was unlike the other polos that I had in my closet. For those that read my intro, you will see that I have a lot of polos to choose from so there was no need to add another which provided a very good opportunity to run this through the testing to see if I would add it. I was looking forward to comparing it vs my Swannies and RSVLTS polos.

Aesthetics (7 out of 10)

I was happy with the way that the polo and hoody looked overall from a design stand point of general shape and sizing. With the current selection from Real Golfers being minimal, I do think options are limited on how to pair the items together. I don’t necessarily enjoy wearing a hoody over a polo, but if you’re the golfer that would wear a t-shirt under, I think it is a home run.

For the Hoody, I was not too keen on color selection. My favorite color is green, but this was almost like a seafoam color of green. I felt that the color was almost a bit too feminine for my liking. I also was not a fan of the Real Golfers script written down the sleeve. I think this feels very NASCAR-esque branding and makes the product look cheap.

IMG_6557.jpg.6f3c34f6913027542c47b1f0343685a8.jpg

I do not typically wear hoodies while golfing, so I can’t speak to how it relates to other brands. I do think this product appeals to a more modern golfer as you are seeing pros like Rickie, JT, and Xander start to wear hoodies on the cold weather golf days.

They did make the hood a little bit heavier so it is not in your way during the swinging motion. I did find that this was the case when at the range and/or playing. I had no issues here. I do however wish there was a kangaroo pocket vs the two side zippered pockets. I think the side pockets are a little bit harder to get in and out of throughout the round.

The polo graphics were just okay to me. I would typically like to see the polo be a little less busy by making the graphics larger and spread-out vs small and concentrated. The pattern was very repeatable almost being graphic stripes when looking up close. The collar was a little bit more ridged than other brands which allowed it to stay up vs flaring out and being a flimsy piece of bacon.

Fit & Comfort (16 out of 20)

I thought the product from Real Golfers fit well. As my intro stated, I have a very large upper body frame so it is difficult for me to find apparel that fits well. For the most part, Real Golfers checked the box on fit. The hoody had nice stretch, wasn’t too baggy or too tight, and gave me plenty of freedom to make my golf swing. The polo had nice stretch, wasn’t restricting, but did have some challenges in the length category. I found that the polo was a bit too short and would’ve liked to see a droptail on it just for the added assurance of tucking it in, and covering the dreaded plumbers crack.

IMG_6562.jpg.d850667884606827b361f82b9fc18adb.jpg

I did find that the polo was heavier than I would have liked. It is a heavier hand feel and on body vs Swannies or RSVLTS. This led to it not being as breathable as I would have liked. Now, that makes it just fine for an off season round of golf, but I would hesitate to wear it during the summer as I would overheat.

IMG_6560.jpg.eec876174441fca9317941b044d259b8.jpgSwannies2XL.jpg.ab1924658125c262e86f08ac601af433.jpg

I thought the hoody was great for a warm up round, or for a very cold round as below. I wore the hoody to go play a round in 39* weather and wore it the entire time. Granted I was riding in a cart where I typically prefer to walk, but the soggy PNW had other plans that day. I thought the hoody was a bit too warm for my walking round and came off after the first hole.

IMG_6784.jpg.3de2ee82600c70167d7fa68a749f2172.jpg

On-Course (15 out of 20)

On-Course I think the polo does its job. It is not too restricting, has good stretch and relatively fits well. I did not like that it wouldn’t stay tucked in and that it was a heavier material making it too hot for the warmer days. I really liked the collar as it stays off my neck, doesn’t show too much chest and stays it without folding over like soggy bacon.

The hoody is a great on course piece for cold winter golf. I did have issues with the sleeves staying up on my forearms during my swing. I think the banding on the wrist and waist are plenty tight, so I did not dock any points for this. The hoody is almost too warm for a crisp fall day, I could see using it to warm up but coming off before the turn, but again… I run hot. I really liked that the hood was weighted and did not interfere with my swing.

The Good, the bad, the in-between (16 out of 20)

I like what Real Golfers is doing and the product they have made. I like that there is thought put into their products around stretch, weighted hoods, and their competitive matrix. Outside of me running hot, being bigger than your average bear, and color/design challenges… I liked what Real Golfers provided us to test.

Play it or Trade it? (10 out of 20)

This is the lowest scoring section on my review as overall, I did not like the weight of the polo vs the brands I compared it to. I did not like the length of it on my body either which leaves me challenged to game this polo outside of layering it under a ¼ zip or the rare occasion that I do not tuck my polo in while golfing. The hoody is  a nice piece to add to my collection but I would have liked to see different colors and different branding, those two pieces alone are going to make it hard for me to consistently use this piece out of my closet.I will be playing the product, just not as often as I probably would have hoped to.

I think their price point justifies the build of the product. It’s not anything fancy, nor do they claim to be, they want to be an affordable brand for your everyday golfer while giving back.

Conclusion

All in all, I am extremely grateful to MGS and Real Golfers for the opportunity to test the product. I am not your average sized human, so being able to find good apparel products is not the easiest for me. While the polo had some nice qualities to it, I think the overall build and design justifies the price point for being on the lower end of the market. I think the hoody is a nicer piece and more unique to the world of golf apparel. I think with better color selections and different branding, they could have a home run with the right marketing to the community.

Final Score (72 out of 100)

IMG_6562.jpg

Edited by No3PuttLaLa

Congrats to the testers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.png.702001ca19ba55f2a1ca32610c99752e.pngUSMC Veteran and Weekend Golfer

image.png.a88615aa1dc2ff3464a9f6eba8f8c357.pngCallaway Paradym 10.5 degree Driver; Tensei 1K Blue 50g S

Screenshot2024-04-26094356.png.e6729b84fbca4db480e886001e078fb6.pngCobra LTDX 3 and 5 woods

image.png.bcf13f4bf775adb3a56fd3df40d0ea0e.png Titleist T300; C Taper Lite 105R

image.png.f87968f7ac02b80c1d756215bf1d4f5c.png Cleveland Zipcore 54 and 58

image.png.3538cead307819c04e33f42f9a56c878.png Scotty Newport Special Select 2 33 inch

image.png

Final Review!!

I want to start by thanking MGS and REALGOLFERS forr the opportunity to review these products! Im going to try give an honest review of the Good and the Bad.

First Impressions- 8/10

This company really seems to have an emphasis of making a quality product for a reasonable rates and I was keeping this in mind as I reviewed these comparing them to companies like UA and Nike for the most popular while also considering how they stack up against the higher brands like Travis Mathew and Peter Millar. All respect to the higher end brands but that isnt a price im easily willing to pay to get a polo at this point but this company (REALGOLFERS) averaging around $60 is an acceptable price. So lets get into this review.

Aesthetics- 8/10

The color way I was sent was perfect in the shirt with the black on white I LOVE! Its clean and can be worn with pretty much any of the golf pants and shorts I keep in the closet except maybe a few exceptions. The sweatshirt also can be worn with most outfits that I wear on or off the course. In my opinion the sweatshirt is really much a modern style of golf apparel with its layback style, unlike the traditional almost dressy appearance of some other cold weather options on the market. It’s very much a round with the boys than showing up to the country club. The shirt on the other hand has to be considered a mix with the clean styling of a white shirt but with the upclose flair of the funny golfing stick figures,shouldn’t find yourself out of style any where you choose to wear it.

Fit and Comfort- 14/20

Unfortunately this is where the points had to come off and I don’t blame it all that much on the company it’s just the unfortunates of being 6’4 and 220lbs a big boy. The shape of the shirts the way they fall on my body is great! I have enough room in the torso section of the shirt and sweatshirt to be able to swing freely without being worried of any bunching material but not so much that I feel like I’m wearing a poncho. The arms are a little looser than I would have preferred than to be especially considering it’s a large and I prefer my shirts to be a little tighter since I get a little over stimulated for loose clothing. The biggest problem I had is I typically will tuck my shirts in cause I like the look, but with the polo it was just long enough to tuck it in for standing around but the minute I did anything like sit or swing, it would come untucked in the back and a side when swinging. Possibly if I went with the XL it would be longer but I think with these polos being a taller individual that’s a thing to consider, if you don’t prefer to tuck then they are a great length. This is a similar issue I have with the sweatshirt where the torso was just a little to short and the arms were too short. Fortunately for me I always role the sleeves up so I didn’t notice till I read a few of my fellow reviewers notes about the sleeves. As far a comfort though, they were very comfortable. Material is thicker than a more common brands material so I think this shirt is going to be a warm/cooler day shirt versus hot summer. I did sweat in it on the hot day that I wore it BUT considering the white I never did get that embarrassing “wet tshirt” moment of it becoming see through. It very much feels like the thickness of a UA cold weather polo but slightly lighter.

(photos added to bottom of the review)

On-course- 15/20

The shirt when untucked didn’t get hung up or hinder my swings in any way. When tucked it’s an issue that if I didn’t want it to come untucked or get hung up on my pants I would have to shorten my swing. The polo was good on these cold days we have been getting in the Northeast. It’s thick but not heavy. Has plenty of stretch and due to the cinched waist area it caused it to not ride up. Again the sleeves were just not long enough and would ride up if I had them pulled down to the wrist, but due to me playing with them pulled up normally, they didn’t cause much of an issue. The collar how it overlaps was great for not cutting me off at the neck and choking up. Usually I have to wear a quarter zip but this option is definitely better due to how warm it was.

The Good, the Bad, and then In-Between- 16/20

What more can I say? The design and comfort were great and much better than what I was expecting. Clean design and looked great with most outfits. The ability for it to not hold stains is fantastic, I love that I could just toss it in the wash and not have to worry about it. Often I’ll pack my golf clothes in a bag for after work or whatever and they were perfectly wrinkle free. If they could make a polo and hoodie that’s a little bit longer for us taller folks I would make these one of my most worn outfits.

Play-it or Trade-it- 17/20

First of all I would definitely keep this in the line up even with the small issues I have with the polo. I get that being my height is often hard to find polos to fit my build. Possibly 6’ and under this combo is fantastic, the fit and feel is something for the price is hard to beat. I would 100% recommend these to my friends. I would possibly let them try it out for fit but no way they get to keep them. I did play a few very good rounds in this apparel and especially for me looking good and feeling good is important to me cause if one thing is off it often bothers me for the entire round.

Conclusions-

We don’t often get the chance to try something out on the course to see how it feels to the way it just fits in the store, so for that I am appreciative that MGS and RealGolfers gave me this opportunity. The quality, fit, comfort, and style are hard to compare without matching it to shirts that are double to price! This company isn’t just making fantastic apparel but are also growing the game in a way that doesn’t just benefits them but benefits the game. Give your hard earned money to a small company that knows the players and what we want! The hoodie that is a great price and isn’t found nearly enough in the golf space. As this company grows and understands some of the issues that were brought up I think they could make a real dent with these big brand name companies, I look forward to see how the selection grows and how the prices are affected.

Overall score 78/100

IMG_9091.jpeg

IMG_9090.jpeg

IMG_9089.jpeg

IMG_9088.jpeg

IMG_9087.jpeg

5 hours ago, PrismFlopper said:

Final Review!!

I want to start by thanking MGS and REALGOLFERS forr the opportunity to review these products! Im going to try give an honest review of the Good and the Bad.

First Impressions- 8/10

This company really seems to have an emphasis of making a quality product for a reasonable rates and I was keeping this in mind as I reviewed these comparing them to companies like UA and Nike for the most popular while also considering how they stack up against the higher brands like Travis Mathew and Peter Millar. All respect to the higher end brands but that isnt a price im easily willing to pay to get a polo at this point but this company (REALGOLFERS) averaging around $60 is an acceptable price. So lets get into this review.

Aesthetics- 8/10

The color way I was sent was perfect in the shirt with the black on white I LOVE! Its clean and can be worn with pretty much any of the golf pants and shorts I keep in the closet except maybe a few exceptions. The sweatshirt also can be worn with most outfits that I wear on or off the course. In my opinion the sweatshirt is really much a modern style of golf apparel with its layback style, unlike the traditional almost dressy appearance of some other cold weather options on the market. It’s very much a round with the boys than showing up to the country club. The shirt on the other hand has to be considered a mix with the clean styling of a white shirt but with the upclose flair of the funny golfing stick figures,shouldn’t find yourself out of style any where you choose to wear it.

Fit and Comfort- 14/20

Unfortunately this is where the points had to come off and I don’t blame it all that much on the company it’s just the unfortunates of being 6’4 and 220lbs a big boy. The shape of the shirts the way they fall on my body is great! I have enough room in the torso section of the shirt and sweatshirt to be able to swing freely without being worried of any bunching material but not so much that I feel like I’m wearing a poncho. The arms are a little looser than I would have preferred than to be especially considering it’s a large and I prefer my shirts to be a little tighter since I get a little over stimulated for loose clothing. The biggest problem I had is I typically will tuck my shirts in cause I like the look, but with the polo it was just long enough to tuck it in for standing around but the minute I did anything like sit or swing, it would come untucked in the back and a side when swinging. Possibly if I went with the XL it would be longer but I think with these polos being a taller individual that’s a thing to consider, if you don’t prefer to tuck then they are a great length. This is a similar issue I have with the sweatshirt where the torso was just a little to short and the arms were too short. Fortunately for me I always role the sleeves up so I didn’t notice till I read a few of my fellow reviewers notes about the sleeves. As far a comfort though, they were very comfortable. Material is thicker than a more common brands material so I think this shirt is going to be a warm/cooler day shirt versus hot summer. I did sweat in it on the hot day that I wore it BUT considering the white I never did get that embarrassing “wet tshirt” moment of it becoming see through. It very much feels like the thickness of a UA cold weather polo but slightly lighter.

(photos added to bottom of the review)

On-course- 15/20

The shirt when untucked didn’t get hung up or hinder my swings in any way. When tucked it’s an issue that if I didn’t want it to come untucked or get hung up on my pants I would have to shorten my swing. The polo was good on these cold days we have been getting in the Northeast. It’s thick but not heavy. Has plenty of stretch and due to the cinched waist area it caused it to not ride up. Again the sleeves were just not long enough and would ride up if I had them pulled down to the wrist, but due to me playing with them pulled up normally, they didn’t cause much of an issue. The collar how it overlaps was great for not cutting me off at the neck and choking up. Usually I have to wear a quarter zip but this option is definitely better due to how warm it was.

The Good, the Bad, and then In-Between- 16/20

What more can I say? The design and comfort were great and much better than what I was expecting. Clean design and looked great with most outfits. The ability for it to not hold stains is fantastic, I love that I could just toss it in the wash and not have to worry about it. Often I’ll pack my golf clothes in a bag for after work or whatever and they were perfectly wrinkle free. If they could make a polo and hoodie that’s a little bit longer for us taller folks I would make these one of my most worn outfits.

Play-it or Trade-it- 17/20

First of all I would definitely keep this in the line up even with the small issues I have with the polo. I get that being my height is often hard to find polos to fit my build. Possibly 6’ and under this combo is fantastic, the fit and feel is something for the price is hard to beat. I would 100% recommend these to my friends. I would possibly let them try it out for fit but no way they get to keep them. I did play a few very good rounds in this apparel and especially for me looking good and feeling good is important to me cause if one thing is off it often bothers me for the entire round.

Conclusions-

We don’t often get the chance to try something out on the course to see how it feels to the way it just fits in the store, so for that I am appreciative that MGS and RealGolfers gave me this opportunity. The quality, fit, comfort, and style are hard to compare without matching it to shirts that are double to price! This company isn’t just making fantastic apparel but are also growing the game in a way that doesn’t just benefits them but benefits the game. Give your hard earned money to a small company that knows the players and what we want! The hoodie that is a great price and isn’t found nearly enough in the golf space. As this company grows and understands some of the issues that were brought up I think they could make a real dent with these big brand name companies, I look forward to see how the selection grows and how the prices are affected.

Overall score 78/100

IMG_9091.jpeg

IMG_9090.jpeg

IMG_9089.jpeg

IMG_9088.jpeg

IMG_9087.jpeg

Been eyeing up an order for the hoodie especially.

Thanks for the review!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

15 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Been eyeing up an order for the hoodie especially.

Thanks for the review!

I’d definitely check out the hoodie! Even if you aren’t feeling it to wear while playing it is a great sweatshirt to wear out or just lounging around the house!

About Me:

The Personal Questions

·         I live and play out of Southeast Florida – Palm Beach County

·         I have been playing golf for 52 Years

·         I am a former professional but now play mostly in mid 70s to low 80s.  I still am competitive but, have nowhere close to the skills I once had.

The Golf Questions

·         I will test these garments on the golf course, leisure as well as determine how they wash for the next time wearing.

·         I have a closet with over 80 golf shirts of all materials and styles and will compare them to this wardrobe.

·         I will make a determination on how they fit, react in hot weather and maintain their size for future rounds.  If they are uncomfortable, they will remain but be utilized only for leisure and not for the course.  If these garments pass the muster, I will continue to wear and potentially order additional in the future.

·         I have worn almost every golf garment made over the past 50 years at one time or another.  Although, I used to either receive at no charge from the manufacturers or purchase for a steep discount, I now must pay for golf attire like everyone else.

·         I know that the company is making short runs of various styles and colors.  They are touting high quality for a more reasonable price. I like the fact that these are not mass produced with millions exactly the same at least as far as prints. This is great so that you do not show up at the club with the exact shirt of others.  Although not as important as women typically, it is still nice to wear something more original.

·         At this point, I have no expectations as far as being wearable and functionality and will let the products stand by their own merit.

As a very experienced player and former owner of various golf pro shops, I have many years of choosing and wearing apparel from many manufacturers. I hope the product stands up to their claims.  I absolutely hate golf garments that are binding and restrict swinging to normal movements. So the ability to maintain sizing and remain uniform is a requirement. Also, living in the tropical area of the United States the ability for the product to wick and remain lose and not stick to the body with perspiration will be very important.  Lastly, the product must not be like wearing a body bag and be extremely hot while wearing.  All in all, the products must not shrink or fade with normal washing and wear.

Please find the results of my testing of the polo and hoodie from Real Golfers below:

First Impressions:

I received the garments today (10-3-23) and removed them from the packaging.  From first sight, the garments seem to be of better than expected quality.  The shirt is of the same quality as the best Greg Norman or Millar polos with a fully sewn collar found only on the best golf attire.  The hoodie is as the polo and seems to be of the highest quality.  If I had to say anything negative at this point, I would say the choice of sending me a black polo for South Florida may have been an oversight.  We are still averaging between 88 and 94 daily temperatures.

The Review

Aesthetics

The garments are cut normally but, would suggest they seem to be a little short as a tuck-in.

My sample was black which is not something I would normally wear on the golf course here in South Florida.  I would say in the cooler climates it will be acceptable.

Both the polo and the hoodie look great, stylish and look as advertised (top quality).

As stated previously, the appearance is very acceptable although the material used is very heavy as compared to most polos I would wear to play golf.  As a golf professional of forty-six years the old Pickering 100% Lisle cotton polos were the best  for playing on the course.  I would definitely wear these for off-course and potentially in the colder months of the year. 

Not to be redundant, but the polo is not conducive to the high heat and humidity of South Florida for most of the year. I would opt for a thinner and more breathable material.

Features:

Washability:  I have cleaned both the polo and the hoodie after wearing.  I find for the first wash or two, the garments hold their shape and color as the best in apparel.

Upon washing and after reasonable amount of time in the dryer, I hung both the hoodie and polo on hangers as to not fry them (note:  this is how I take care of all of my golf attire).  Reason:  I do not want to iron and tight garments after being dried on overtime tend to shrink, again….not something conducive to playing golf.

I mentioned previously, that the garments seem to be sewn of the highest quality.  The workmanship is top-notch.

The company claims to not re-stock so they should be limited styles and tend to be more original.

Wearable attributes:

The Cut seems to be a little short for a tuck-in, especially for the high heat days.

As the material on the polo seems to be quite thick, I think when damp from perspiration it would be somewhat binding.  Please note: I wore the polo only on the cool days (less than 82 high temp.  I wore the hoodie only to the golf course for an early morning tee time.  That morning the temp was at 71 when leaving the house.  By the time I made it to the course, the temp was at 79, so I left it in the car.

The hoodie seems a little snug but I cannot say that it was binding at all.  Seems to move with the body quite well.

As I stated earlier, although I wore the polo as evening attire, I could not wear during the 90-95 days as the material was a thicker material and the color I was sent was black.

The polo was very comfortable as evening attire.

Originality:  Again, as per the company, they will not re-stock so they will have to design new alternatives on a regular basis.  We will have to see in the future if they can afford to keep that promise.  Styles seem somewhat typical but the prints are quite nice.

Pricing:

As I am primarily interested in the polos until the cooler days of January and February most of my research was done with their polos.

I signed up for updates from their website:  I believe I only received one email from them

I have noticed their polo prices to be comparable and slightly lower than the highest pro shops.

Prices ranged from $60 USD to mid $80s for the most part.

I did notice though, that when they are at the end of inventory for a given style, they lower the price significantly – down to $22.50.  But, the only size available for the reduced price was small….  Not a size this body has fit into since about 1970.

Fit & Comfort:

Described in other parts of my response.  I would only comment that the garments are not the same fullness as the Cutter and Buck lines.

On-Course

While wearing when playing, I felt no limitations as the polo stretched and adjusted to the movements.  I did have to tuck back in once and then as the temperature was getting warmer, I eventually left it out without tucking.

The polo remained tight around my chest and arms How well did they perform in terms of movement within your swing? I would like a shirt that is a little more roomie.  Please note however, although I wear XL sizes I am 215 pounds and am 6 foot one inch and like the feel of roominess while playing.

For years, I wore the Pickering all lisle cotton shirts while playing competitively.  Today, it is impossible to find any such golf shirts.  It seems that all available today are now man-made materials. 

Tight shirts never make it out of my closet for playing and are worn only for evening activities and for work.

Please do not take my comments as totally negative because that is not the intent.

I believe if this test was done at a cooler time of the year, I would have a much better opinion.

I currently wear some Cutter and Buck, Callaway and others made from a thinner material.  I wear these same type polos during all twelve months of the year.

As far as wearing second layers:  I have some flat knit sweaters and some fleece wear that are for the colder months.  Included in this outer garments are wind-shirts and vests.  The vests typically have limited or no sleeves.

The hoodie will be used predominantly for the same type weather in the January to February time frames.

I must admit, others in my golfing group commented on the polo, all in a positive manner.

I still have not had any days since the start of testing for me to sample the hoodie during play.

I feel there were no limitations to my play from wearing the polo other than the weight of the fabric seemed uncomfortable.

The Good, the bad, and the in between Summary

Overall, I think the quality of the garments are very acceptable. They look good, fit well and it is evident that the manufacturer went the extra steps to make them as good or better than most of the golf type garments available today.

I would suggest to the manufacturer that they look for an alternative material for the polos if they want to market them for warmer climates.  A lighter weight material is mandatory for me to wear ten months out of the year.

Secondly, I would suggest that the manufacturer look at potentially designing a light weight wind-shirt.  Lastly, I like wearing a vest when I need a little more protection from the windy days but, I dislike the binding of full sleeves.  I have several golf vests that fill this need.

Lastly, I like the fact that the goal of Real Golfers is to keep pricing 20-30 percent under the competition while still providing well designed prints.

Play it or Trade it?

To be honest, I do not plan on purchasing any of the company’s current polos.  As I stated previously, quality is not the issue buy wearing a comfortable garment on the golf course is important for my game.

This polo is something I would typically only wear for dinner or an evening function.

I believe, assuming all of their polos are of the same weight, that their products are better suited to golfers who live in colder climates.

I like the originality of their designs and their overall price point.  I will periodically review their website to see if they decided to make a lighter weight material polo and maybe I will try another one at a later time.

Conclusion

The Real Golfer brand is a very good attempt at providing high quality golf wear at a more reasonable price point.  As their goal is to keep their styles on a more original basis, a golfer should not expect that he should see the same exact garment being worn by others around the club.  My greatest complaint is that the weight of the garments are geared towards the cooler climates and therefore will not be a big hit here in South Florida.

Final Score (85 out of 100)

imagejpeg_0(3).JPG

imagejpeg_0(4).JPG

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

Edited by RwsGolf1
punctuation

A former plus handicapper who must settle for mid 70s to mid 80 scores today.  After taking 10 years off due to back issues, my driver length has decreased by 40 yards on average.  I look forward to any training aids, shaft improvements, club enhancements to get back part of what was lost.

Chilly round this morning. Wore the hoody with a vest over. It was the perfect amount of warmth. Even if the temporary greens are out, it’s nice to play with no one else on the course.

72184675065__DB9D21DE-C9EC-4CD0-A298-1434F8409A34.jpeg

8 hours ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Chilly round this morning. Wore the hoody with a vest over. It was the perfect amount of warmth. Even if the temporary greens are out, it’s nice to play with no one else on the course.

72184675065__DB9D21DE-C9EC-4CD0-A298-1434F8409A34.jpeg

Looking to get out tomorrow and really try the sweatshirt out in the cold! Way to cold for the quarter zips i usually wear

Got out on the course yesterday! A 65deg day in November in the northeast?! Got out on a course ive been wanting to play all year. PineHills country club. Wore the shirt and with it being a little thicker than some Nike for example, kept me warm all round long. Played till it was too dark to see the flag 

IMG_9108.png

Been real cold here In MA so unfortunately looks like golf weather is fast falling away but time for the simulators! Sweatshirt is still a casual wear piece though 

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update on the sweatshirt. I have been wearing it for the start of my rounds but taking it off as I warm up from walking. I put it in my golf bag to store it for the rest of the round. It has been 40-50° and breezy. So the sweatshirt is perfect to get the blood flowing in.

Well, last week I pulled it out to wear after having it in the bag for maybe a week between rounds. It held onto a good amount of stink and extremely wrinkled. I realized it definitely needs to be washed after each wear, at least for me. The fabric tends to hold on to odor, which is not ideal. I typically wear a sweatshirt a few times before it gets washed. My advice: wash it, and hang it up to prevent wrinkles between wearing.