Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How Has MyGolfSpy Influenced Your Game?

GolfSpy_APH

It forced me to have the hard talks with myself first and foremost. What I mean, from the MGS site not the forum and the YouTube channel of watching videos, I’m not a pro. I won’t be a pro either. I don’t always need to try the hero shots. I don’t need to be the longest in my group. And to play within my game. Secondly, the forum has made me get more involved. Ask questions, take advice and apply it to my game. Plus the camaraderie is unmatched.  

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

The MGS forum community has provided relevant and unbiased information on various products through the testing review topics.

Also, the forum community has provided an opportunity for all to create some "internet" friendships, which also have the opportunity to come to real life fruition during the Spy meetups.

The MGS home page area provides data-based information, and some testing results from a wide variety of skill ranges and ability golfers, so one can make a realistic decision about any product they may have interest in.

And lastly, the interaction in the threads between the members to provide help, suggestions or assistance to those looking for specific issue resolution without any snide or critical remarks is invaluable. 

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

MyGolfSpy has made me a more thoughtful golfer. More thoughtful about my game and how I approach it, equipment purchasing decisions, reviews on the latest and greatest, how others are using technology to improve, etc. Overall, MGS has been a big help in rounding out my game.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

Before anything, I want to thank my fellow Spies for so much of the advice they have shared here. Honestly when I joined, I was  just looking for some budget friendly GI irons and I ended up learning a ton from that one post alone! I constantly read the tips/training forum and it has helped my game go from a literal nothing to where it is. The same goes for the unbiased product testing from the main site to the forum reviews. I have already purchased a few well-received items based on Spy Advice.

And finally to wrap back around, MGS has shaped my love for golf through checking in every day and reading on how everybody played, or what they are working on. It's a diverse group of people that have been welcoming, but the spies also don't play! 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

There are many many multiple ways that MGS has influenced me. I'll stick to a few key moments though. 

The information! There is a buttload amount of information to be resourced! I have spent hours upon hours just browsing through topics.  From current all the way back to 5+years ago! And while there may seem to be redundant threads, every year has something different to offer on them all! Especially since equipment changes so frequently on the market. This is a good thing,  at least for me, as I don't own newer clubs, and seeing the information on one's I own or need to research before buying is important to have available!

The test threads!!!  Boy are these helpful! Official and unofficial alike. You can just read through them, or be involved with them on the question process to get answers you may find relevant. 

The community! Truly unique in diversity,  and full of positive influences across every aspect it brings in here!

And finally,  myself! Without this forum and it's members influences,  I would still be the recreational hack golfer out on the course that every serious golfer loathes!

I would still be playing Whack-F#$% ! on my off days without a notion of what golf has just begun to bring into my soul.

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

The relentless pursuit of the best clubs and gear regardless of brand. 

I could go on however when it comes to gear, this sums it up as succinctly as possible. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

The biggest aspect of my game to be influenced has been the ball I play. I never would have given the Srixon Z Star a second look if it weren’t for the ball lab results. Still looking to test out some new options as well this year based on Spy reviews. Most eager to try out the Odin balls. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

How has MGS influenced my golf game?  Edit:  After I wrote this, I realized that maybe the previous sentence should be "How has MGS influenced my golf experience?"

1. It's given me the opportunity to test and rate products that I typically would not have tried.  The Shot Scope Pro LX+ (with the H4) not only was a good range finder, but the shot tracking gave me a more in-depth view of my game.  The Paradym X iron fitting yielded the realization that I'm no longer a 2 degrees upright iron player.  The truth hurts sometimes.  
  2. The MGS unbiased articles along with member official and unofficial reviews were key in making several golf-related purchases.  The several immediately come to mind.  They include the LAB DF2.1 putter, Edison wedges, Maxfli Tour S golf balls and Pro Putt putting green.  It was also influential in my buying SQAIRZ golf shoes, trying (and liking) the BOA lacing system and a variety of training aides.  The list goes on and on.  
  3. Being part of this community gives me a diverse group of golf committed people that provide valuable feedback and insight on all aspects of the golf game when I have questions.   
  4. The other side of the previous coin is that MGS also give me an outlet to express my thoughts and opinions on a variety of golf related topics.  I know my wife is tired of listening to me rant and rave about golf.  My wife says "thank you!"
  5. The VCT and related special events has given me the opportunity to play with and against people from all over the world.  When you are "stuck" on a 2x4 mile island, 150 miles from the next 18-hole golf course, it's great having new virtual partners and competitors to play with.  
  6. MGS has also been gracious enough to let me exercise some of my skills to help out on scoring on the VCT special events.  Being retired and a former engineering manager, it's great to exercise some of those doormat skills to help out others.

Thank you MGS.  I'm a better golfer and golf community contributor today because of you!

Edited by Golf2Much
Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

Love love all the responses so far! Keep em coming! 

For all the new people to the forum, feel free to chime in as we all would love to hear your thoughts as well!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

MGS has given me insight into products that previously you had to either guess, trust their ads (👎) , or read those testings done by the tag magazines that leaned whichever way the money flowed .

It has given us opportunity to test products and review for people like us , real people testing under our type conditions , playing conditions not just range ball banging . 
 In addition they test shoes , gloves , rainwear , etc. , things we rarely would get ratings for under previous conditions.   MGS has put integrity into testing and us on the  firing line doing it .

They established  forums for us communicatecwith others , ask each other questions, exchange  ideas and learn from each other .

As a 73 year old guy that loves golf ,it has given me a place to get involved daily 

Thank you MGS 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

The importance of fitting gear to your swing. The clubs, the right length, lie, shaft flex, etc has been huge. Also playing the right ball for your swing. Has made me much smarter about the gear and what a shaft flex actually means and why it matters. 

Tester for PingS159 Wedges

Driver - :cobra-small: LTDx LS 9° with UST Mamiya LIN-Q Gunmetal - X

3W - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym 15° with Kai'li™ White - X

3H - :PXG: Gen5 0311 19° with Ventus Blue Velocore - X

Driving Iron - image.png.e20decc564f669047d8ef7d2dbd4734d.png 699 Pro with UST PROFORCE V2 Hybrid White/Yellow - X

Irons - :Sub70: 6-PW 699 Pro in black with Dynamic Gold X100 (+1", 3° Upright) - X 

Wedges - :callaway-logo-1: 50° Jaws MD5, :callaway-logo-1: 54° Jaws MD5, :titleist-small: 58° Vokey SM8 

Putter - :bettinardi-1: Studio Stock #2 Bronze , :cobra-small:KING 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter (Trying something new), 🦓 Zebra Golf AIT 3 (On time out)

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV or :vice: Pro (depends on what I can get a deal on) 

Joining this group has allowed me to discuss God with a lot of different people, and to get ideas from others.  It has allowed for another outlet to compete and compare my game against others.  It has allowed me the opportunity to test equipment, which I really get excited about, since I wouldn't volunteer to test something unless I thought it would be helpful.  Great group to be with!

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather

2 hours ago, RoverRick said:

Wow. I have been on this forum for 13 years and 6500+ posts and probably only respond to 1 out of 10 threads I have read. So this one is tough to respond to without writing some epic novel, perhaps entitled Rover’s Odyssey, because it really has been a journey. That journey was from a no handicap 120 shooter to a 0.2 handicap index back up to a 13 and back to a 6 as of Friday. It has influenced every part of my game. 

In just the past year, the 2 threads that have influenced me the most are the LAB Golf putter thread and the Weekly Virtual Tour thread. 

I was fortunate enough to be selected as a tester for the LAB putter. I selected the DF2.1 because, as an engineer, the design looked like it was the absolute best design made for getting the ball in the hole. It gave no thought to aesthetics and only function. I took it a step further and went with a bright red head and white shaft simply because I wanted to start conversations. It certainly has and at least 5 people have bought LAB putters based on playing with me and seeing it in action. Although I did 2 putt from 25’ yesterday, and a MEZZ1 purchaser 4 putted from 20’ on the same line. It was not the equipments fault. 🤣 I’ve been a good putter for a decade, thanks to a thread below. The combination of this method and the consistency of the DF2.1 has meant that since last May, have putted 22-33 times every round.

The second thread that I have participated in during the past year is the MGS Virtual Golf Tournaments. This has really made me focus on making pars, especially on stroke holes. Often when I’m playing in the regular money matches and I got off to a slow start, and know after 3-4 I’m not going to win the stroke bet. With my group it is rare that a net over par will be in the money spots. With so many in the bet, it is also rare for someone else to not cover a net birdie. The MGS VGT has made me want to “stay in the fight” and play more conservatively so I can post a good round. 

Thanks for sharing the book title

Play like a champion today!

3 hours ago, Javs said:

MyGolfSpy has made a tremendous impact on my equipment and game. Through the opportunities for testing and reading reviews this forum has been a great benefit to my game. First off I am still hitting the Callaway Paradym irons with great success. The irons were so good I purchased the Callaway Paradym TD driver. That driver is still in the bag. The PXG Black Ops Tour is my number two driver. Next up has been the switch to the Odin golf ball. This ball is outstanding. I did change to the Black Ops 3 wood and hybrids. I put my Project X Hzrdus smoke shafts in the new heads. This has been a great combination. When I was having putting issues, interaction and feedback on the forum helped bring back my putting. I also switched putters based on forum exchanges. I switch to SQARZ shoes based on reviews and interaction on the forum. I now own five pairs. They are the only shoe I wear currently. Learned about the Red Rooster gloves on the forum and they are the golf gloves I use. The Craftsman wood and iron covers have been a nice addition. Next the weekly virtual tournament has been a nice event to give a little extra incentive to practice and play well. All up, the forum has made a huge impact on my equipment and work to become a scratch player.

Ditto here!  Well, other than the fact that I removed the Paradym irons from my bag about four or five weeks ago and put my Cobra King Forged Tec X irons back in. Since I have cashed in the last four tournaments on my winter tour, and shot under par (net) in 5 of my last 6 rounds, lowering my tour handicap by 5 strokes in the process, those Cobras have regained their spot as my #1 iron choice (at least, until they misbehave badly).

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

I should have also pointed out that there are a 8 of members, perhaps former members since it has gone outside the forum that I have been in a daily chat group for the past 10 years. Two of whom I’ve never actually met, but still consider them close friends. The others I have met with to play golf on numerous occasions in Vancouver, Tennessee, and a few times in Texas. They have met other places that I have missed. We shared houses and played golf and even gone to weddings. All because of MGS. 

Edited by RoverRick

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

MyGolfSpy has been a a great boon for me in my golfing environment. The positive giving of advice, drills, and support is only rivaled by the complete reviews of equipment by those of multi-skill levels. Add to this the sharing of found gem’s  of equipment, accessories, course recommendations, and even clothing with the community and you have another level only wished for by other forums. This forum has been a treasure trove to be enjoyed and used for the enhancing of one’s golf game and experiences. As almost everyone has stated and which I wholeheartedly agree; it is the camaraderie found here that makes jumping down the mystical rabbit hole,  that is golf, so  extra special. So, I say thank you, my friends and I mean friends, not just virtual friends… 

Edited by Dead Solid Bogey
Old people cannot spell

First off, MGS is awesome!  I am so thankful that I stumbled upon it.

The level of knowledge and information available is tremendous.  Come here to look at the various data/test results (most wanted as well as the other tests) to determine what might work for me.

It has really renewed my interest in trying to improve my game…it may have started my addiction!

Definitely have learned about a bunch of new products and companies that I would’ve never found without MGS.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

20 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

I've really enjoyed the forum a lot for the camaraderie. I've been on other forums in the past and they always turned out to be full of 💩 heads who hate everything unless it matches their opinion, but if you say it first they still hate you. Just not fun places to be. That's not even remotely what the MGS forum is like or about. There's been a ton of testing and thoughts and stuff that people put out there that the community gets involved in to help out, share thoughts and experiences on, or just gives encouragement. I've never felt shunned or talked down to or anything negative like I did in other forums. That's what brought me back, day after day.

@Shrek74 comments are spot on! The Camaraderie! The Good Morning Thread, a great way to start the day. Nothing negative, we express our ideas or opinions & it's an open forum. 

Initially, what attracted me to MGS was the golf ball reviews & chart listing a menu of golf balls with their specs. Learning about the golf ball - 3, 4 or 5 piece ball. Then started reading more golf info, listening to the Podcast - enjoy the commentary, the banter & the Golf Talk! 

Now, the Thursday Forum Calls. Matt keeps me in stitches! LOL. 

I read previous posts above about changing to Sqairz Shoes. Yep, MGS was my influence after conversing with the engineer & founder of Sqairz Shoes in an MGS Forum.  That was cool That's not going to happen anywhere else, speak to the owner. I tried the shoes and now, I only wear Sqairz Shoes & love them. 

Forum testing opportunities! WOW! Having participated in two tests last year, plus the Titleist White Box test, it's an awesome opportunity! I would have never thought about playing OnCore Golf Balls. An OnCore Ball testing opportunity came up, I visited the OnCore website to read about their golf balls, before signing up. Saw Eric Compton endorsed the ball. Liked the specs of the ball. Was chosen to test VeroX1 OnCore ball and liked it.  Learned about how to test a golf ball. We've all hit hundreds, no thousands of golf balls. But how do you test a golf ball?  How to use technology, with testing, was challenging for me (LOL). 

Second testing opportunity was testing TheStack Speed System. Speed training, is something of interest to me. Read about it before signing up & saw Matt Fitzpatrick was using the System. MGS arranged for the testers to speak with the Founder, Dr. McKenzie. Whoa!  It inspired me even more. Speaking to the owner of TheStack or Sqairz doesn't just happen. 

If you love golf, want to learn & interact with like-minded people, this Forum is certainly the place.  Given the growth over the past couple of years with MGS, they've hit it out the park!
Thank you for allowing us to share our passion - Golf! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

New to the forum? New to MGS? Have you made purchases based on anything you've seen here or the main site? 

Let us know!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)