Testers Announced! Stix Golf Sets ×

What is your golf pet peeve?

TSauer

43 minutes ago, William P said:

1. Obviously slow play leads the pack.

2. Not repairing ball marks on the green or divots

3. Got to go with @Josh Parker on the sandbagger. Nothing worse than a consistent mid-handicapper who miraculously manages 2-3 consecutive even or sub-      par rounds to win the annual club/association tournament...

#3 Yeah I can name at least a few at my course too

Edited by THE GOLF GUY

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

Common theme in this thread that I will echo..

#1 Slow Play. Self explanatory  

#2 unplayable bunkers. I’m with @Tom the Golf Nut on this one. As someone who plays 99% of their golf in CNY most public courses have sandboxes for bunkers that are almost unplayable.

#3 Uneven tee boxes. Nothing worse when I have to walk around for a minute in a half to try and find a spot where it doesn’t feel like the ball is so far above or below my feet. I don’t think this one is a big ask of courses either in my option. 

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

Same here, slow play is the one. In fact, I will play a shot while the other(s) are taking their sweet time just to keep pace up.

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather

29 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Definitely not!

Gapping of tee times, difficulty of course and just having a bad round of ball striking to me all potentially contribute to slower rounds.

I agree with a lot of that. One most courses try to squeeze more players in. Shot gun starts with two groups per hole is just asking for a long day. Also tee times every 8 mins instead of 11 adds to slow play. On your other point. People can suck or have a bad day, but still play fast. Sam Snead once said miss it quick! People can do a lot of things to keep up or improve their pace. Much has already been outlined in the other posts. However, many people play slow, suck and don’t move with a purpose. Those are the worst to follow. 

Play like a champion today!

Just now, Javs said:

I agree with a lot of that. One most courses try to squeeze more players in. Shot gun starts with two groups per hole is just asking for a long day. Also tee times every 8 mins instead of 11 adds to slow play. On your other point. People can suck or have a bad day, but still play fast. Sam Snead once said miss it quick! People can do a lot of things to keep up or improve their pace. Much has already been outlined in the other posts. However, many people play slow, suck and don’t move with a purpose. Those are the worst to follow. 

Agree 100%…if it’s a rough day, I take a quick look for the ball and if it’s not obvious, drop and move on.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Agree 100%…if it’s a rough day, I take a quick look for the ball and if it’s not obvious, drop and move on.

Yes we all have those days. However, I never want to have others waiting on me. I play very fast. Guys here say if you blink you’ll miss my swing. 

Play like a champion today!

Unfixed ball marks on the green. I could play on a course with rough everywhere if the greens were smooth!

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 5 7.5 Ventus Black X-Stiff

Woods: PXG 0311 Gen 5 4 wood Ventus Black X-Stiff, PXG 0311 Gen 5 3 hybrid Ventus Black X-Stiff

Irons: PXG Gen 5 0311 T 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5, 52, 56, 60 Sugar Daddy II Wedges Project X LZ 6.5

Putter: LAB Mezz.1 Max Accra White shaft

People who recreationally search for lost balls.  

Leave your fishing poles on the bass boat...this one gets me every time.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

The tee time erks me too! The course I work/play at insists on 10 minute starts, and I get why. But someone always is running behind,  someone always has to run back to their car, the clubhouse,  etc.

I'd prefer 12-15 minute starts. It would actually accommodate those who are newer, less skilled, etc.

One regular player has a lucky cup. Well he left it at the back of his truck. Had to go back to find it. Two more groups played through while waiting for him to return. He couldn't find it, and you know what? It was on the clubhouse deck where he left it after check in.  He also shot his best round that day!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I agree that slow play is the worst, but more specifically, slow play caused by choosing to play from the inappropriate tees for the skill level. 

WITB: Callaway Mavrik Pro Irons, Ping G425 Driver, TM Fairway, Vokey wedges, TaylorMade Spider putter. 

4 minutes ago, HSGC said:

Unraked bunkers

pitch marks on greens not repaired 

Not being able to Hit a fairway 😂

Amen on not hitting the fairway! 😡🤣

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

5 minutes ago, William P said:

Amen on not hitting the fairway! 😡🤣

I resemble this remark!!! 😆 🤣 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

My pet peeve is just impoliteness, really. One experience of impoliteness I’ve had was a guy landing a ball 20 feet behind me while I was on the green, because he was impatient and didn’t think he’d land the ball near me. It was a par 3 hole.

One guy joined us at the first tee. He walked, we drove. He asked if it was okay that he smoked his cigar while we played. He offered to share his cigars. He fixed his divots, his ball marks. He was friendly, encouraging and respectful. He’s my role model on the course. 

Edited by berkeleybob

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

30 minutes ago, berkeleybob said:

My pet peeve is just impoliteness, really. One experience of impoliteness I’ve had was a guy landing a ball 20 feet behind me while I was on the green, because he was impatient and didn’t think he’d land the ball near me. It was a par 3 hole.

One guy joined us at the first tee. He walked, we drove. He asked if it was okay that he smoked his cigar while we played. He offered to share his cigars. He fixed his divots, his ball marks. He was friendly, encouraging and respectful. He’s my role model on the course. 

That's awesome to hear! Hopefully find a lot more like him in the future!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Push cart and bag carrying Walkers!  Yeah,  I said it!!! 😆 

They don't have to follow the "cart path only" rules, they can go up to the edge of the green with their clubs, they play a hole faster than most, Marshall's can't track them with GPS, they can walk into areas my cart can't go, and the list goes on!!!

in case you took this seriously,  I was just being sarcastic. I'm actually jealous of the ones who can pull off 18 holes in 80⁰ +temps with high humidity!!! Im lucky if i can handle 9 holes!!!

On this point, it seems I stand with pretty much everybody else. Slow play gets my goat. I'm sure it actually costs me strokes because I get so frustrated. It's compounded when they won't let you play through when there's no one in front of them.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen6 TT Riptide CB 60 s

3 Wood: Ping G430 max Alta CB 65 s

Hybrids: Ping G430 19, 22, 26 Alta CB 70 s

Irons: Mizuno JPX923 forged 6-Gap TT DG 105 s

Wedges: Mizuno S23 54, 58 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115

Putter: Scotty Cameron SS Golo 6.5

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130S

Electronics: Bushnell Tour V6 shift, Golf Buddy aim 11  

I guess my biggest is people not filling divots and fixing ball mark on the green but besides that I play alot alone and there was a 4 some in front of me and you would think common courtesy would be to let me pass but they didnt so i just played a one man scramble and hit 2 or 3 balls every shot. Loud music people talking or yelling none of that has ever bothered me but i play fast normally two and a half hours for 18 holes but that day stuck behind the 4 some it was over a 5 hour round.

Where to start!  Pet peeves...... Hmmmmm....  One of the biggest is having slow playing members and they know that they are slow and REFUSE to let anyone play through!!!!  Our course is not super big.  Playing solo you can get a round in, with a cart, less than 2 hours!  When these folks are out playing, the round is at least 4 1/2hrs!  This is having a huge gap in front of you too..  

Another peeve is how lazy the members are!!!!  They do not fix their ball marks, fill-in their divots on Par 3 tee boxes!  There are times I would empty the bucket filling in the divots!

The last one is members pushing their carts ACROSS THE GREENS!  Yes across the greens!  They try saying it does not harm the greens.

Salisbury New Taylormade M1 Demo - Tailor Made Logo Png Clipart ...Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 10.5*

Mizuno Irons: JPX 923 Tour

Irons: Proto Rose

Ladies Golf Balls - Titleist Golf Logo Clipart (#110861) - PinClipartWedges: SM7 52.08; SM6 60.04

Cleveland Golf Png & Free Cleveland Golf.png Transparent Images ...Wedges: Zip core: 54, and 58 

Callaway Golf Wedge: Jaws 50

Salisbury New Taylormade M1 Demo - Tailor Made Logo Png Clipart ... Putter: Platinum S

Odyssey putter: Jail Bird

Slow play! I don’t care if you’re shooting 67 or 167 as long as you make an effort to play quickly. I understand that everyone has a natural pace and I can’t expect to get a round in in 3 hours every time I go out. But waiting 10 minutes for you to watch you playing partner hit and then shuffling over to your ball is unacceptable.  So is waiting for the group In front to be 300m away before you hit when I’ve watched hit it no further than 200 all day. I had both of these fine examples in a cart in front of me complaing about slow play when I caught them despite not keeping up with 2 walkers - also spending 10min looking for a ball that is clearly lost. Tbh I could go on forever about slow play that just sends me off the edge. 

On a quest to playing off single digits and hitting bombs - currently 18 hcp and 115mph club head

Driver: Titleist TSR3 8°, Tensei 1k Black 75 TX 46" (fitted)
3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 14°, S Flex
5 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 20°, R Flex
Irons: Mizuno JPX850 Forged, S Flex, Standard length/lie
Wedges: Vokey SM9 (50,55,60).  stock wedge shaft, 1° upright (fitted),
Putter: TaylorMade Redline Monza
Ball: Titleist -ProV1x , or ProV1 when left dash is unavailable

Oh man I feel your pain. I agree with you, just generally being out on the course and witnessing people acting as if they are out on the course alone. 
With that in mind, I still don’t understand why people never repair pitch marks on greens. It’s definitely a human issue because I see it on pretty much every course I’ve ever played: muni-dog tracks and elite country clubs alike suffer from this issue. I’m always pumped to have hit the green and have something to fix as a badge of honor haha.

My main issue lately is when courses don’t have consistent maintenance. This is usually a gripe of mine at “good” courses and I got into a bunker and it hasn’t been raked or maintained in days let alone that morning. Now that I’ve written this I may understand the pitch mark issue too…. “If the course superintendent doesn’t care, why should I” attitude can get out of hand quickly.

great question @TSauer

Adam K-W

The foursome in front of you that marks their ball and lines up every putt, then 3 putts every time. They act like they’re putting to win The Open , don’t even start lining up until it’s their turn like they are performing for a world wide tv audience. 

TaylorMade irons:taylormade-small:

Ping Driver and fairways :ping-small:

Cleveland wedges:cleveland-small:

Cleveland putter:cleveland-small:

in my club, I hate the fact that no one fixed the divots on the greens.  You get to the green, and there are 10-15 divots everywhere that no one touched and are fresh that day.  we usually end up fixing a bunch of them but it is really annoying.  To me, fixing the divots on the green and the fairways are just basic hygiene factors in golf.  Not doing so is very bad form and poor manners. 

image.png.b89fa684b54b186f20c376e6af43ac1d.png 425's- 5i to PW, UW

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  G400 Driver, G425 3W, G425 7W, G425 3H

image.png.cf53a065a6e348c87221c4bf13510375.png 56 degree Hi-Toe wedge

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  Glide 60 degree 

image.png.d4990c8d6330ecc392d9a5124b26165a.png Evnroll ER3

People who don't fix ball marks or fill divots, especially those ball marks that are so vertical that the ball couldn't have wound up more than a foot away or those who take two practice divots and then a ball strike divot and leave all three there like trenches in the earth.

WBS

I absolutely hate overly aggressive Course Marshall’s. The name needs to be changed to Course Host. These old guys think they are Wyatt Earp and are dispensing justice to “slow players”. I walk a very hilly course, play ready golf and this one old guy will harass us every time. We finish the round in 4:10…relax!!

11 hours ago, Marty2shanks said:

Your playing partner saying “gotta hit it” when you leave a putt short…

And I reply , “ do you think !”🧐 

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

A lot has been said here, but the lack of respect for course (pitch marks, divots) drives me mad, as golfers soon quick to chew out the greenstaff when the course is suffering but they didn’t do their part in looking after it. 

Slow play - yup - but a factor of this is when I’m waiting for a partner to hit like 200 over water and they are waiting for green to clear, knowing that they haven’t hit it that far all day and won’t - so a dose of realism is needed. 

Last one, and we’ve had a lot in the UK due to incessant rain in last few months, is players that suddenly become head greenkeepers querying why the course is closed, and they know more than a highly trained, skilled and competent Head of Course…seriously wind you necks in… they don’t come into your work place and tell you how to do your job.. so… 

Common theme here for me - respect please. 

WITB > Stealth 2 Driver > Mizuno STG 3 & 5 woods > Mizuno 243 Irons > Vokey SM9 Wedges (50,54,60)

• Person riding with you escapes at the end of the round leaving you to return the cart so that he does not tip the cart boys. 
  • Folks I have never met before who think I care about how good they usually play but today is an exceptionally bad day.
  • Negative vibes on the course. C’mon dude, you’re outside and away from the everyday grind, relax!
  • people not picking up food wrappers, empty bottles, etc. 
  • when sharing a cart, the other person is messy and/or taking the whole storage in the back

ZX5 MK II DR | STZ230 32 | JPX850 3H 4H | MP18 6i-PW | JPX 919HM GW | S18 55 | SM8 60 | Phantom X11.5 | Q-Star Tour