Testers Wanted: ExPutt! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, barney_bogey said:

Went to the club to hit some chips and putt but the range was closed and the greens were being watered. The course was pretty empty due to a mid day tournament so I decided to go out and play 9... That turned into 18.

Shot a personal best of 84! Besides that, I played with the same ball for the first time ever. That's huge to me.

Hit some great chips to save par. Kept the ball in play off every tee box. Made a few bad swings and missed some putts that I shouldn't have but still very happy.

On top of that, met some great guys out there. Someone called me a "good golfer". That's crazy. There's levels to good.

Seems the lessons and constant practice is starting to slowly pay off.

Can't wait to fire a 110 next time out because golf....emoji23.png

Chuffed
B1a85ffc37140e376c42dd10ade16c232.jpg7b5d92c86dd96bf45b5927961864165b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Congrats on the personal best!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Congrats @barney_bogey for your Personal Best! Awesome! ⛳

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

3 hours ago, barney_bogey said:

Went to the club to hit some chips and putt but the range was closed and the greens were being watered. The course was pretty empty due to a mid day tournament so I decided to go out and play 9... That turned into 18.

Shot a personal best of 84! Besides that, I played with the same ball for the first time ever. That's huge to me.

Hit some great chips to save par. Kept the ball in play off every tee box. Made a few bad swings and missed some putts that I shouldn't have but still very happy.

On top of that, met some great guys out there. Someone called me a "good golfer". That's crazy. There's levels to good.

Chuffed

Big congratulations on the PB! And you had a great time doing it. Win-Win. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :odin:

4 hours ago, barney_bogey said:

Chuffed

Congratulations on the personal best! You've out in a lot of work on your game and it's good to see it paying off in a big way. It sounds like you had a good time and got to meet some awesome people. 

8 hours ago, CsBear said:

Yesterday was too cold and wet to play so we ended up at a friend’s sim.  First team play of the season is today.  Need to be on!!!  

@CsBear glad to see /hear that you posted. Hope for many more from you. Go for it.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

3 hours ago, barney_bogey said:

This community is incredibly supportive of a perfect strangers' success and I gotta tell you: I love it.

Even though we are strangers we all share a love for this game and are happy to see others succeed whether that is a personal best,  hole in one, eagle, or playing the same ball for an entire round.    Plus we hope our support of others makes the golf gods provide us with some good luck.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

bad.

WITB:
Driver: Callaway Epic Speed 11*
4 wood: Titleist 975f 16.5*
7 wood: Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead III
Irons: 5-PW Maltby DBM Forged, Nippon Pro Modus 120s
Wedges: 50* PING S159 S-12 | 54* PING S159 S-12 | 58*: PING S159 T-6
Putter: PING Sigma G Kinloch C

Forum Tests and Reviews:

13 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Played in a 4 man scramble today…shot -18 (4 mulligans per team and 4 dog biscuits (toss doesn’t count as a shot)).

My driver abandoned me, irons/wedges were good.  Putter had some really good moments, but struggled with it a bit.

A bit of rain, but a good day!

Hole 17:

IMG_4875.jpeg.78cb63e504827242f7a08fbb097f97bd.jpeg

Hole 18:

IMG_4876.jpeg.5b102de472cf2a4439808e907b0d8c9c.jpeg

Sounds like a fun day and round!  Looks like a fun course. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

That's the Kingsmill River Course that is part of the MGS outing next week.  

I wish I was going. I'm in on the next one. Couldn't swing this go round. 

Courses look amazing.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Not well... 😞

Just couldn't keep my head fully focused on what I was doing and struggled with a lot of my shots... Including chipping and putting...

Not a good confidence boost before the Kingsmill trip 🤦‍♂️

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Not well... 😞

Just couldn't keep my head fully focused on what I was doing and struggled with a lot of my shots... Including chipping and putting...

Just getting the bad shots out of your system! 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Got out for a quick 9 and had the wife walking along. Played well, shot even with 6/7 FIR's, and 9/9 GIR's! Only downfall is on the first hole I realized I did the ultimate dummy thing Tuesday when I played.....left my shotscope stuck to the dang golf cart!!! 🤬 I'm so ticked at myself, I always grab it, but was in a hurry and must've forgot. Haven't had the thing for right at a year now. I know they're on sale, but just furious at myself.

Scott J

PXG Driver, AP2 irons, Cleveland wedges and Odyssey white ice 2.0

Played a twilight round Wednesday evening. After a horrendous top on my first drive I was able to save a par 😮‍💨.  Was playing a pretty good round and group in front of us was painfully slow so on the 9th hole I hit my tee shot and it was so dark I lost the ball the minute it left my club. Searched for about 5 min and took a drop with a partner and ended up bogeying out the hole…. Found initial tee shot probably 30 ft from the green. Best drive of my life. Went about 390(yes it was on a massive downslope and always rolls forever as long as it doesn’t have the high angle. Ended up 8 over for the round. Considering I tripled the 2nd hole and last two holes were in the dark I’m not too upset about it. Have to start remembering to take pictures during rounds.

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Not well... 😞

Just getting the bad shots out before the outing that’s all that is

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

On 7/1/2012 at 2:58 PM, RoverRick said:

12 of 14 Fairways hit. 295 yard average. 12 GIR including 3 out of 4 par 3's with 8 birdie putts inside 10 feet. BUT 40 + putts. Every hole I was on the wrong side and missed 6 of those birdie putts leaving really hard par putts. I did not putt that badly they were all side hill breakers on really fast greens. Getting the ball to check up on the chips was horrible. You would think it was just about to stop and roll another 4 to 5 feet. Then to top it off there was a 16 mph breeze. So you had to factor in wind, grain, and slope. I became too mechanical with my putting and fought my Instict Putting most of the day. I did not have one "Gimme Putt" all day.:angry:

So... what did you end up? Some really good stats, other than your putts! How many of those birdie putts turned in to 3 putt bogeys?

Seems like just a putting outlier. Keep hitting fairways and greens, the putts will drop!

Today for me, started birdie birdie for the first time this year. Bogeyed 4, finished the front -1. Bogeyed 10, 15 and 18 with a birdie on 16. +2 on the back - 72. Only hit 8 fairways (out of 13), 10 GIR, 4 of 8 up and ins, 25 putts. 

Ran out of gas on the last 4. Had a bit of a sore throat, starting coughing, got home and did a test... got CoVid! No idea how, but there it is.  

Happy to be playing better, now will rest and hydrate and hopefully get back to work Monday!!

FORE!

Mike

Played this wonderful game for 54 years now. Still love it!

Driver - Callaway Rogue Reg shaft 10 degree (Circa 2018)

3 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha 3 Metal (2014)

Hybrids - Callaway X-Hot Pro 16 and 20 degree (2014)

Irons - Callaway Apex Pro Graphite Shafts 4-A (2014)

Wedges - Callaway Mac Daddy 56 (2014) and 58 (2019)

Putter - Kayson Mallet 34" (2023)

Bags - Carry: Sun Mountain (2005) Cart: BagBoy Easy Rider Lite (2019)

Pull/Push Cart - BagBoy Compact3 (2019)

"Can't birdie them all if you don't birdie the first 2"

16 hours ago, Fore67 said:

So... what did you end up? Some really good stats, other than your putts! How many of those birdie putts turned in to 3 putt bogeys?

Seems like just a putting outlier. Keep hitting fairways and greens, the putts will drop!

Today for me, started birdie birdie for the first time this year. Bogeyed 4, finished the front -1. Bogeyed 10, 15 and 18 with a birdie on 16. +2 on the back - 72. Only hit 8 fairways (out of 13), 10 GIR, 4 of 8 up and ins, 25 putts. 

Ran out of gas on the last 4. Had a bit of a sore throat, starting coughing, got home and did a test... got CoVid! No idea how, but there it is.  

Happy to be playing better, now will rest and hydrate and hopefully get back to work Monday!!

FORE!

Mike

I don’t remember. When I first saw this post was referencing one of my posts, I thought you were referring to last weekend. Then I saw that I posted I was averaging 295 off the tee. I thought, “Holy crap, that was a mistake. I haven’t hit the ball that far in years!” Then I was that I was complaining about horrible putting. Again, putting is now my strength. Then I looked at the date of my post. July 1 of 2012! 

In the 14 years since I posted that my game has greatly improve, fallen completely away, and improved again, but I am now 60 and at least 25 mph slower with the driver. I have averages just 27 putts per round for the past year (since I got the LAB Putter and began tracking it), but if I can have a 220 yard average drive day I am thrilled beyond expression. Since that was 2000-2400 rounds of golf ago I don’t remember that day. 

:callaway-small: Paradym 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430 MAX 3W  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:taylormade-small: SIM2 Rescue 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small: GAPR Mid 4 on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:taylormade-small: P790 Black 5-G on :kbs: TGI 80S 

:mizuno-small: ES21 54° & 58° on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

13 minutes ago, RoverRick said:

I don’t remember. When I first saw this post was referencing one of my posts, I thought you were referring to last weekend. Then I saw that I posted I was averaging 295 off the tee. I thought, “Holy crap, that was a mistake. I haven’t hit the ball that far in years!” Then I was that I was complaining about horrible putting. Again, putting is now my strength. Then I looked at the date of my post. July 1 of 2012! 

In the 14 years since I posted that my game has greatly improve, fallen completely away, and improved again, but I am now 60 and at least 25 mph slower with the driver. I have averages just 27 putts per round for the past year (since I got the LAB Putter and began tracking it), but if I can have a 220 yard average drive day I am thrilled beyond expression. Since that was 2000-2400 rounds of golf ago I don’t remember that day. 

This got me to thinking. What driver did I have in 2012? Since I’m considerably shorter off the tee now, do I need to go back to that?🤣 

That driver was the Callaway Razr Fit on a Tour AD DI7 S that I got from MGS as either a test review or some prize. Shoutout to MGS and Callaway. I still have the driver head in my garage and still have the shaft that has been in countless drivers. Sadly, it ain’t the equipment. 

:callaway-small: Paradym 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430 MAX 3W  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:taylormade-small: SIM2 Rescue 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small: GAPR Mid 4 on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:taylormade-small: P790 Black 5-G on :kbs: TGI 80S 

:mizuno-small: ES21 54° & 58° on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

13 minutes ago, RoverRick said:

Ha! I don't often look at the dates of posts...but glad you responded. Sounds like you've got your game in a good place! Also sounds like you are getting over 150 rounds of golf in every year! Impressive!

I've only been on MGS for a couple years now, trying to get more involved. I'm 66 now and understand how the game matures, although hitting it way shorter now than when I was in my 40's/50's. Also playing at sea level in the dense Pacific Northwest (Vancouver, Canada). 27 putts per round means you are saving rounds from getting away from you. Can you imagine at this stage, having a round with 40 putts? I think I would quit! I have averaged under 30 putts per round for many years now. Anything over 30 putts in a round either means I'm hitting lots of greens and not making any birdies or I'm just having a terrible day with the short stick!

All the best!

FORE!

Mike

Played this wonderful game for 54 years now. Still love it!

Driver - Callaway Rogue Reg shaft 10 degree (Circa 2018)

3 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha 3 Metal (2014)

Hybrids - Callaway X-Hot Pro 16 and 20 degree (2014)

Irons - Callaway Apex Pro Graphite Shafts 4-A (2014)

Wedges - Callaway Mac Daddy 56 (2014) and 58 (2019)

Putter - Kayson Mallet 34" (2023)

Bags - Carry: Sun Mountain (2005) Cart: BagBoy Easy Rider Lite (2019)

Pull/Push Cart - BagBoy Compact3 (2019)

"Can't birdie them all if you don't birdie the first 2"

8 hours ago, paigebertholomew said:

Had an interesting round yesterday at Pine Valley Golf Club. The weather was perfect, around 70 degrees with a light breeze. I teed off at 9 AM with a couple of buddies, and we had a blast.

Started off strong with a birdie on the 1st hole, which was a nice confidence booster. My drives were consistently straight, which is rare for me. On the 5th hole, a 200-yard par 3, I managed to sink a hole-in-one with my 7-iron! It was surreal, my first ever ace, and we all went nuts.

The back nine was a bit more challenging. I found myself in a couple of bunkers and had to scramble to save par. On the 14th hole, a tricky par 5, I hit my second shot into the water hazard, but I managed to recover and save bogey with a solid pitch and a one-putt.

Finished the round with a 76, which is one of my best scores to date. Overall, it was an incredible day on the course, and that hole-in-one made it unforgettable. Can't wait to get back out there and try to break 75 next time!

Nice round and congrats on the HIO!!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Lost 10 shots today with the new wedges. I’m so used to my old, worn out wedges I was not ready for these new ones. 50, 52, and 56 degree TaylorMade, 56 is TW grind. Anyway, lots of spin and different bounce. I love them, just not used to them. It will come.

IMG_5115.jpeg.3b871bfadbd6c61e3fd320f993599351.jpeg

11 shots lost to approach and short game. I counted 10 because of the new wedges. Again, an adjustment….it will come!!!

IMG_5112.jpeg.8b220b905b403fcae65042930852e696.jpeg

These are the model, not the loft.^ They’re the MG4s.

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Ping 425-6 Dot Newton tipped 45" shaft; I TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Newton 5 Dot 

Hybrids: PXG 0317 17*, 19* Steadfast S Jupiter shafts, PXG 211 22*-Project X Even Flow Riptide X shafts

Irons: New Level 6-PW 902PD 6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM10 48, 52; TaylorMade MG4 56* (TW Grind)

Putter: SeeMore Black MiniGiant

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X or Callaway Chrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558