Bridgestone MindSet Golf Ball Testing - (Sampling and Shot Scope Ops)

Just now, bama no 1 said:

I guess one burning question I have, does the mindset routine impact the routine you had before you used the ball? Did it add more focus or did it disrupt any swing routines before the strike?

For me, it is a way to condense my focus and swing thoughts . I found on shots that I rushed into or didn't think clearly through that the shot result suffered most of the time.  On Some shots (mostly greenside chips) were automatic to me though,  and subconsciously I already knew my plan of attack and the result I wanted.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I've got several questions for those already testing these balls in regard to visualizing one's shot (since I am so poor at it!). What is it you "visualize" and is it the same for everybody? Is it your swing you visualize? Impact? The flight of the ball? The end result, where it is supposed to finish? When does the visualization end, at setup? After impact? Can you and do you continue visualizing the shot while concentrating on the green dot or a specific spot on the ball?

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

18 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

I've got several questions for those already testing these balls in regard to visualizing one's shot (since I am so poor at it!). What is it you "visualize" and is it the same for everybody? Is it your swing you visualize? Impact? The flight of the ball? The end result, where it is supposed to finish? When does the visualization end, at setup? After impact? Can you and do you continue visualizing the shot while concentrating on the green dot or a specific spot on the ball?

The first part "Identify" for me has become more about the club selection and distance/landing I hope to achieve.

My "Visualization" begins at setting the target line, and ends at the club face setup.

then it's all about "Focus" at the beginning of the swing. 

I realize my reply isn't in depth, but it really is a simple process with many complicated moving parts up to execution. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

27 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

Hi Phil,

To be transparent, and just from my experience testing them, the other circles did not affect hitting the ball. I did not identify or visualize because of the circles. This is part of my normal routine when I stand behind the ball. I noticed an increased focus on the green dot during impact. For me, the green dot is the best alignment aid and focus during the shot. However, for identifying and visualizing, the outer circles did not help. 

I wouldn't visualize your shot while over the ball. For me, there is nothing in my mind when I step to the ball. This is when I hit my best shots; I trust my swing. Overthinking can kill your game. 

If you are having visualization issues, my solution is to adjust your pre-swing routine. First, I pick a spot to where I want to aim (taking into account wind, and traps). Then I tee the ball. This is where the mindset is good, is because you can align the ball to your target. It has the circles and arrows.

Then I step back and visualize my swing and the ball flight. Imagine what your perfect shot would be. Take a swing or two to feel the swing.

Then, step to the ball, nice, easy swing, and hit the fairway!

I find a good routine is really important.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST R Flex

3 Wood: TaylorMade Razr

Hybrids: Callaway Rogue Max 3 - 5

Irons: TaylorMade M5

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 52, 54/Titleist Vokey M6 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7

R.jpg

@Mr_BogeyPro I know you’ve answered this for you but was wondering about everyone else. Do you find that this has made you over think your shots? 
Im like @Mr_BogeyPro and find that overthinking kills my shots

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik  4-AW,

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

IMG_5085.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Northern Monkey said:

@Mr_BogeyPro I know you’ve answered this for you but was wondering about everyone else. Do you find that this has made you over think your shots? 
Im like @Mr_BogeyPro and find that overthinking kills my shots

Not at all. My level of contemplating a shot is fairly quick. Yardage desired, lie of the ball, and club needed. 

Where I overthink is post shot. Especially if I duff one! 😆 

For what it's worth, the logo only acts as a reminder to actually use my head a little before hitting. I've stopped using logos and lines in my shots for the most part. Putting I am still 50/50 on using them as alignment aids as well. But I should use that opportunity to clean the ball before putting,  as many have shown that the putter faces on soft inserts can become damaged.

@Rob Person Thanks for that, I was just wondering if because it prompted you to get into a mindset that would cause overthinking. I guess you just need to use it as a prompt rather than getting sucked in to overthinking. 
I only ask as I like to play “quick” golf and not think too much apart from aim, alignment then strike

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik  4-AW,

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

IMG_5085.jpeg

5 hours ago, bama no 1 said:

I guess one burning question I have, does the mindset routine impact the routine you had before you used the ball? Did it add more focus or did it disrupt any swing routines before the strike?

Honestly I previously had the approach of just teeing it up, try to aim where I wanted, and swing. No practice swings or standing behind the ball to line it up or anything like that. My thoughts tend to get very mechanical if I stand over the ball too long so I try to keep it short as possible to maintain some level of athleticism.

I will note that this method has exposed the biggest flaw with my prior “routine”. I wasn’t aiming where I thought I was. I now take a step back behind the ball make sure I’m aimed where I want to be, address the ball inline with the arrow and go. My thoughts are still all external in the new routine and I’m aligned better so I’m hitting a couple more fairways a round now. 

Tester Opportunities

2024 Ping S159 Wedges

2023 Zebra AIT3 Putter

The Bag

Driver - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym Ai Smoke MAX Driver with Project X Denali - 6.5

3W - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym 15° with Kai'li™ White - X

3H - :PXG: Gen5 0311 19° with Ventus Blue Velocore - X

Driving Iron - image.png.e20decc564f669047d8ef7d2dbd4734d.png 699 Pro 20° with UST PROFORCE V2 Hybrid White/Yellow - X

Irons - :Sub70: 6-PW 699 Pro in black with Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges - :ping-small: S159 50, 54, 58 Dynamic Gold X100 (TESTER)

Putter - :cobra-small:KING 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter , 🦓 Zebra AIT 3 (On time out)

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV or :vice: Pro Plus

Tester for 

2024 Ping S159 Wedges

2023 Zebra AIT3 Putter

On 4/28/2024 at 9:56 AM, MIGregB said:

.... There could be a new ball model in there somewhere that happened to drop recently, but it looks like they have the Mindset option available on most, if not all, of their upper end models.....

Oops, sorry. I was mistaken. In fact, considering how knowledgeable this group of golfers are, I'm surprised that no one caught me!! 🫢 It looks like the entire Tour B series is brand new (which does comprise their entire "upper end " model, but still). And they don't appear to offer Mindset on any other line, at least not yet. I apologize for the bad info.

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

43 minutes ago, aguybadatgolf said:

Honestly I previously had the approach of just teeing it up, try to aim where I wanted, and swing. No practice swings or standing behind the ball to line it up or anything like that. My thoughts tend to get very mechanical if I stand over the ball too long so I try to keep it short as possible to maintain some level of athleticism.

I will note that this method has exposed the biggest flaw with my prior “routine”. I wasn’t aiming where I thought I was. I now take a step back behind the ball make sure I’m aimed where I want to be, address the ball inline with the arrow and go. My thoughts are still all external in the new routine and I’m aligned better so I’m hitting a couple more fairways a round now. 

I am in the same camp with you.  Especially off of the tee I am not a big practice swing guy.  On the 1st tee to finish warming up, but outside of that I will just check my swing path to make sure I can feel what I am trying to do.  Chipping and pitching is where I will consistently make practice swings. Pick my target, step behind the ball to confirm it, see the shot and let it ride...

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

On 4/2/2024 at 1:44 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Please welcome and congratulate our testers for the following Shot Scope and Bridgestone collab test!

Looking forward to seeing everyones results!

@Johnsonk9 @C-Lau76 @barney19 @Freshbrockoli @deattle @Bubba1985 @Kbek @unccross @Steven Senft @Preeway @LinksgolfFever @Sixft9 @Everardo @NickyBobby @mdleedy2 @Golf2Much @PhilM75072 @Gopokes14 @Timberwolfmadcat @MIgregb @nupezb @tony@CIC @rarce_torres @fozcycle @WalkerH @acatalano32 @THE GOLF GUY @golfjunky79 @MajorCavalry

Happy testing all!

This Thread will hold the Bridgestone sampling members (all those who answered the video questions correctly last time around) as well as the Shot Scope test. You are all one big family now!

First off, I want to say thanks to MGS and Bridgestone for the opportunity to test the “mindset” model golf balls.

I have only played a handful of rounds so far with the ball, but it is making a major push to possibly be my new “gamer.”  I abandoned using the line on the ball a few years back and typically just use a sharpie dot.  That being said, the addition of the circles and the arrow have taken a little getting used to.  At first it seemed a little “busy” looking down at the multiple colors and larger “dot,” however after a few rounds I have become more comfortable with the “dot/arrow” combo.  

I was fit online into the BXS model.  The ball feels great, but may be a little on the spinny side for me, but the verdict is still out.  I will have a better idea after I get a few more rounds in.

Anyway, just wanted to share my thoughts at this time.   

Cheers!

TSR 2 Driver.

TSR 3 3 wood and hybrid.

Ping G425 7 wood.

Srixon 785 irons.

RTX and Vokey wedges.

Odyssey 7 flat stick.

On 4/4/2024 at 2:31 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Sounds like the Bridgestone sampling opportunity is starting to have their golf balls be received by the group so I would encourage all of you to post and share your experience with them here!

@GolfSpy_APH-Is there a format or template you would like me to use for the final review? timing?  I was planning on completing that this week.  

Thank you

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

21 minutes ago, LinksgolfFever said:

@GolfSpy_APH-Is there a format or template you would like me to use for the final review? timing?  I was planning on completing that this week.  

Thank you

Geez, mine haven't even arrived yet and you're getting ready to post your final review! 

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

Gamed the Bridgestone RXS today. I used only one ball for the entire 18 holes. Only had one mark on the ball, occurring on the first hole.  I hit my drive straight down the fairway but somehow it produced a small light brown spot. Since it wasn’t rough, I decided to continue with the ball and played it for 18 holes.  I did like the distance and the stopping on the green. I concentrated on the visualization mentally and it helped clear all the junk out of my head. BTW, I shot a 45/41:86.

Edited by fozcycle

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

First round with the Bridgestone Mindset RX. Perfect men’s club round to test the system. The course was a bit wet and we were playing them up.  Dot visible every shot! The only downside was my ShotScope watch froze on the back nine. I didn’t have the time to reset it.

The ball is very similar in characteristics as the Oncor Elixr (my current go to) and the TaylorMade Tour Response. Very straight off the tee,  fairway woods and long irons. Hybrids and long irons landed softly on the greens.  Short irons had plenty of spin on full and partial shots.  All felt very soft off the face.  Feel off the putter was soft but not mushy. Even without the Mindset graphic this would be a ball I would play if the price were right.

The Mindset graphic reminded me on every shot to focus.  My pre shot routine did not change. Determine my target, pick a spot close to the ball as my aiming point, line up my shot.  What made the most difference was the green dot.  By focusing on that dot, I was consistently able to stay down on the shot and not peek (my biggest failing). All my shots today were well struck. No fat shots and only two thins.

The jury is still out on puttIng. I normally  place  my ball with just white showing.  The green dot does not seem to help. I do not use the arrow since I  never liked a line prior to this.

Shot 83. Best round in a long time.

Driver: Callaway Paradym X Accra Fx 2.0 series 200 70gm shaft at 44.25"

3 wood:  Callaway Paradym X Accra Fx 2.0 series 300 80gm shaft at 43.25"

4 hybrid Paradym Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver

Irons: 5-PW Miura CB 57 with Accra iSeries 70i 1/2" short 1* flat

Wedges: 51, 55, 59 Edison gen2 

Putter: L.A.B. custom fitted

All woods and irons/wedges Best Grips leather grips

Oncore Elixer

Bridgestone e12 Contact, Srixon Z-Star XV, and Taylormade TP5x have been some of my favorites. I have tried more Bridgestone’s in the past via used balls. I hope this one goes well.

- TK

7 hours ago, MIGregB said:

Geez, mine haven't even arrived yet and you're getting ready to post your final review! 

Right there with you. Prepping my intro though in anticipation that they arrive any day now. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

If you want a good template, look at any other ball review/test thread from last 6 months, there are several. 

2 hours ago, Preeway said:

Right there with you. Prepping my intro though in anticipation that they arrive any day now. 

The wrapping up will be from those who are not doing the shotscope data test 

Yeah, guessing us SS guys will get our input up by mid-May. I still want a couple more baseline rounds in before I go deep with the Mindset. Working on the best way to compare the strokes gained data. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g

7 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Yeah, guessing us SS guys will get our input up by mid-May. I still want a couple more baseline rounds in before I go deep with the Mindset. Working on the best way to compare the strokes gained data. 

I thought we should be able to pick out the last 10 rounds before Mindset, then the most recent 10 rounds with Mindset. But I don't see how to do that with strokes gained, just other performance data. Seems like SG is by round, season and prior season only. Let us know if you come up with a solution. Perhaps just aggregating each round in a spreadsheet or something. 

You can custom select by date for your rounds which should allow you pinpoint which 10 rounds you want. I’d like to get at least 8 rounds if not 10 for each. 

Edited by Preeway

Just now, Preeway said:

You can custom select by date for your rounds which should allow you pinpoint which 10 rounds you want. 

Ah, found it!!! Thanks

I received my package of golf balls in the mail yesterday.  Like a kid in a candy store, I ripped open the boxes and locked at the Mindset logo on the ball.  Very interesting to say the least.  

I have played the B RX before and have liked it's overall performance as a golf ball...but what is intriguing me is its use of the logo for putting.  I can say I am not the greatest putter out there and am always looking for something to help me. Be it the Tour Response Stripe, Taylormade TP5X Pix, Srixon Q Star Tour Divide...  I've tried them all.  I found that sometimes with the lines on the ball I try to sneak a peek and see if the ball is rolling true, which makes me lift out of the putt early to see.  

Anyway, I look forward to getting these on the course and going through the process, especially in the greens and from the tee boxes (Friday and Saturday).  I'll let you all know how it goes.

thanks again for the opportunity! 

Titleist TSR2 10 degree with Ventus Blue 6S

Callaway Super Hybrid 2H VA Slay 85 Stiff

Callaway Super Hybrid 3H 

Srixon ZX 23* -4 driving iron - Aerotech Steelfiber I95 S

Srixon MKII ZX5 (5-A) - Aerotech Steelfiber I95 S

Bettinardi (54, 58)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5S

Received my Bridgestone TourBX balls in the mail late yesterday for the Shot Scope test. After a quick initial inspection the quality control seems good, no real impactful blemishes, this is on par with the TP5x Pix I’ve been using lately. The box came with a quick tutorial on how to utilize the Mindset image. I have also created a spreadsheet to track the Shot Scope data vs my previous rounds with the TP5x (image below) I will share my brief summary of each round for the next 10 rounds (or until I run out of balls, received two boxes so I should have plenty more than 10 rounds but no promises) Next round will be in Cave Creek, Arizona @ Rancho Manana Golf Club on Saturday May 4th on a golf vacation. I play the majority of my rounds in the Denver, CO area but I believe that the heat in AZ should make up a little for the elevation in CO though I do expect flux. Look
for my next update this weekend. 89550b39fe4bb1084c7788c14b417898.jpg
acfc27d96a26d26ba4b5bfdb96648676.jpg
dcf3e5c2960a8a1c6fa50f72a90712af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mizuno fan

Shot my best round in a year!

Before I get into it, I have been working on the game diligently for the season. I am having alignment issues as well and seemed to fix something over the last week or two. 

The ball:

This ball was great and showed up as a premium ball with one major drawback. I choose the spiny XS version for more green side control, similar to what I could get in my Titleist ball. However, compared to mishits on a proV or tp5, the distance lost on the Bridgestone is considerable. The ball gets outrageously spiny on off centered strikes which knocks me down around 10 to 20 yards. It gets confusing walking up to my normal spot that I play from but 10 yards or more shorter. Off centered strikes don’t go this much shorter on other premium balls I play. Everything else stacks up well compared to other premium balls. May scoop up the X version to see how it compares to the XS after testing. I also played with one ball the entire round so perhaps it was that particular ball.

The mindset:

Like I said before, I have been working on alignment and it’s finally clicking on the course as I got the balls in my hand, so I’ll have to test more with and without the mindset golf balls. 

This was my best score in a year. With a lot of swing changes and short game clicking. But I will credit the mindset tech for two simple changes. Aiming the ball down the fairway made me focus more on the object in the fairway longer. Gave me purpose before I even took a rehearsal swing. I have about 10% penalty shots during tee shots so this is a huge plus  

The alignment still felt too far left for me but it came down to trust in the swing and line that I’ve built. 

Now stepping up to the ball, going through my head post feels is “you have a green light to hit the ball.” 

I did hit more fairways than usual and the ones that missed were very close. I only played out of the trees once or twice from poor tee shots. 

Excited for more testing if this is what it brings me. 

My partner asked “what’s the point of the circles?…couldn’t you draw that yourself?”

“Yes of course, but would you?”

If the results from the test (albeit one round of golf) yield to 10-30 yards lost on driver but a 13 handicapper shooting 77, does it matter? I’ve been working harder on playing golf and not swinging club. So the mindset is a huge plus for me. More tests to follow. 

Edited by rileybanez

Paradym Trip D

Titliest t150

Today, I did a little experiment with the Mindset ball (Tour B RX for me) in my back yard chipping and putting green to assess the time between approaching the ball and executing the shot using both Mindset and "non-Mindset" set up philosophies.

I simulated a driver off the tee, a fairway shot and putting.  Truth be told, my pre-shot routine captures two of the steps of the Mindset process:  Identify and Focus.  Once I place the tee in the ground or walk up behind the ball in the fairway, I'll tag my club with my H4, identify my desired landing area, pick a spot in front of the ball to help my aim, align my feet and focus on a spot in back of the ball.   What I'm missing is the Visualize step.   For putting, my pre-shot routine (after reading the putt while others are putting out), I'll stand behind the ball, pick my spot, visualize the path (why on my putts and not on any other club is beyond me), take a one-handed practice swing to get the feel, place the club behind the ball and stroke it.

In this exercise, I started the clock assuming the tee and ball are in the ground.  For fairway shots, the clock started when I walked up behind the ball.  For putting, I started the clock when it would be my turn approaching the ball from behind.  I took five swings using my existing pre-shot routine and five swings with the Mindset steps added.  Here's what I found:

For the driver:  I averaged 16 seconds (rounded) with my existing pre-shot routine and 17 seconds with the Mindset.  That yielded a second difference mostly attributed to adding the visualize step.   My driving is pretty consistent.  I tend to hit 75% of my home course's narrow fairways with a straight or slight cut.  So, it won't take me too long to visualize as I only have one shot.  On the course, there may be a few seconds added to align the Mindset graphics on the tee to my intended line.

For fairway shots:  I averaged 13 seconds with my existing pre-shot routine and 15 seconds with Mindset.  The shorter overall timing was mostly due to eliminating the walk back from the tee to behind the ball that I had from my drivers.  I found the extra two seconds were associated again with visualize and picking a spot on the ball to focus on as I couldn't always depend on the graphics showing up each time.

For putting:  My normal pre-shot routine yielded 18 seconds while the Mindset pre-shot routine was up to 23 seconds.  Here, I made one major change in my pre-shot routine by taking the extra 5 seconds to align the Mindset graphics with my intended line.   I only took five putts, so there's not enough data to suggest that it made any difference at all.  We'll have to see when I get the 10 rounds in.  

Overall, I didn't perceive any significant time added to my existing pre-shot routine by adding the Mindset steps.  With that behind me, now it's time to take Mindset to the course!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

On 4/29/2024 at 5:10 AM, PhilM75072 said:

For me, I visualize the ball flight and where I want it to land. Not that I have that much control, but I set a picture of the ball flight.  Then I step up and hit the ball.  I do not think about my swing, impact or anything else.  it helps me from trying to fidget with my swing during the round.  I settle with the swing I have for the day, and just play that. For example, on Sunday, all of my clubs were fairly straight, except my driver that kept cutting on me.  I just accepted that as my flight for the day, and would visualize what I wanted my ball to do, knowing that it would cut.  The old me would have fought the cut all day, and tried to "fix" it while on the course.  When teeing off, I would just take one last look at the green dot, then swing away.  For me, it is really just about establishing a consistent preshot routine before hitting the ball.  Something I always struggle with. 

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” -Arnold Palmer

On 4/29/2024 at 3:13 AM, bama no 1 said:

For me, it adds more focus, but mostly because I did not have a good routine.  I feel like even if you have a good routine, this could serve as a reminder to go through it. Even if it is not the MindSet routine.

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” -Arnold Palmer

1 hour ago, Cagolfer said:

For me, it adds more focus, but mostly because I did not have a good routine.  I feel like even if you have a good routine, this could serve as a reminder to go through it. Even if it is not the MindSet routine.

Not that this reply pertains to golf but my grandmother lived in Glendale, Ca

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

3 hours ago, rileybanez said:

Shot my best round in a year!

Before I get into it, I have been working on the game diligently for the season. I am having alignment issues as well and seemed to fix something over the last week or two. 

The ball:

This ball was great and showed up as a premium ball with one major drawback. I choose the spiny XS version for more green side control, similar to what I could get in my Titleist ball. However, compared to mishits on a proV or tp5, the distance lost on the Bridgestone is considerable. The ball gets outrageously spiny on off centered strikes which knocks me down around 10 to 20 yards. It gets confusing walking up to my normal spot that I play from but 10 yards or more shorter. Off centered strikes don’t go this much shorter on other premium balls I play. Everything else stacks up well compared to other premium balls. May scoop up the X version to see how it compares to the XS after testing. I also played with one ball the entire round so perhaps it was that particular ball.

The mindset:

Like I said before, I have been working on alignment and it’s finally clicking on the course as I got the balls in my hand, so I’ll have to test more with and without the mindset golf balls. 

This was my best score in a year. With a lot of swing changes and short game clicking. But I will credit the mindset tech for two simple changes. Aiming the ball down the fairway made me focus more on the object in the fairway longer. Gave me purpose before I even took a rehearsal swing. I have about 10% penalty shots during tee shots so this is a huge plus  

The alignment still felt too far left for me but it came down to trust in the swing and line that I’ve built. 

Now stepping up to the ball, going through my head post feels is “you have a green light to hit the ball.” 

I did hit more fairways than usual and the ones that missed were very close. I only played out of the trees once or twice from poor tee shots. 

Excited for more testing if this is what it brings me. 

My partner asked “what’s the point of the circles?…couldn’t you draw that yourself?”

“Yes of course, but would you?”

If the results from the test (albeit one round of golf) yield to 10-30 yards lost on driver but a 13 handicapper shooting 77, does it matter? I’ve been working harder on playing golf and not swinging club. So the mindset is a huge plus for me. More tests to follow. 

That's awesome!!!

3 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

Today, I did a little experiment with the Mindset ball (Tour B RX for me) in my back yard chipping and putting green to assess the time between approaching the ball and executing the shot using both Mindset and "non-Mindset" set up philosophies.

I simulated a driver off the tee, a fairway shot and putting.  Truth be told, my pre-shot routine captures two of the steps of the Mindset process:  Identify and Focus.  Once I place the tee in the ground or walk up behind the ball in the fairway, I'll tag my club with my H4, identify my desired landing area, pick a spot in front of the ball to help my aim, align my feet and focus on a spot in back of the ball.   What I'm missing is the Visualize step.   For putting, my pre-shot routine (after reading the putt while others are putting out), I'll stand behind the ball, pick my spot, visualize the path (why on my putts and not on any other club is beyond me), take a one-handed practice swing to get the feel, place the club behind the ball and stroke it.

In this exercise, I started the clock assuming the tee and ball are in the ground.  For fairway shots, the clock started when I walked up behind the ball.  For putting, I started the clock when it would be my turn approaching the ball from behind.  I took five swings using my existing pre-shot routine and five swings with the Mindset steps added.  Here's what I found:

For the driver:  I averaged 16 seconds (rounded) with my existing pre-shot routine and 17 seconds with the Mindset.  That yielded a second difference mostly attributed to adding the visualize step.   My driving is pretty consistent.  I tend to hit 75% of my home course's narrow fairways with a straight or slight cut.  So, it won't take me too long to visualize as I only have one shot.  On the course, there may be a few seconds added to align the Mindset graphics on the tee to my intended line.

For fairway shots:  I averaged 13 seconds with my existing pre-shot routine and 15 seconds with Mindset.  The shorter overall timing was mostly due to eliminating the walk back from the tee to behind the ball that I had from my drivers.  I found the extra two seconds were associated again with visualize and picking a spot on the ball to focus on as I couldn't always depend on the graphics showing up each time.

For putting:  My normal pre-shot routine yielded 18 seconds while the Mindset pre-shot routine was up to 23 seconds.  Here, I made one major change in my pre-shot routine by taking the extra 5 seconds to align the Mindset graphics with my intended line.   I only took five putts, so there's not enough data to suggest that it made any difference at all.  We'll have to see when I get the 10 rounds in.  

Overall, I didn't perceive any significant time added to my existing pre-shot routine by adding the Mindset steps.  With that behind me, now it's time to take Mindset to the course!

Nice breakdown of the timing!