What Is Your Next Planned Golf Equipment Purchase?

Hunting deals for electric cart. Joined a club that's pretty hilly, don't want to pay the cart fee for each round, but would be a joy to not push/carry clubs. 

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

1 minute ago, Curtis Atkinson said:

Hunting deals for electric cart. Joined a club that's pretty hilly, don't want to pay the cart fee for each round, but would be a joy to not push/carry clubs. 

The back 9 at our club is hilly as well and I do sometimes envy the Electric Cart Mafia when I see them walking up without having to push... I love the lightness and compactness of my Nitron though.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Oh yesss! That’s a loaded question you ask! Hope you some loose time. Huge investment for me this year. All my equipment is over 20 years old because I’ve recently started playing again after quitting in 2006 for health reasons. 

I’ve spent the winter in sunny Mexico and a great deal of leisure time exploring the web for answers. I’ve somewhat started ordering already. As a matter of fact, I’m getting back home tonight (I’m currently in transit at the airport) and Miura PI-401 irons (6-PW) are waiting for me at home. Can’t wait to see them! Other items ordered and already at home are gloves (Red Rooster), balls (Callaway SuperSoft), a famous 69 degree wedge (just for the kicks of trying it!).

You may be wondering why I order everything online. Absolutely no selections at home (Gaspé Peninsula in Eastern Canada) !

Next step is trying to get a fitting (10 hour drive from home!) for driver, hybrids, wedges and putter. The latter could be a LAB after trying the different models. As for the wedges, I plan to order a set of 3 Edison wedges after I find out the lie angle that I need. I also have to decide on the best cart bag (I have already selected a few options). I have even ordered polo shirts from RADMOR in Seattle, their are on their way. 

So as you can see, I will probably have to mortgage the house but you know, what the heck, we only live once right?

IMG_0773.jpeg.d6608eb1fd5990323cfafd8b9dcf744f.jpeg

Cobra woods - Callaway irons - Odyssey putter all soon to be replaced. 

Well. I need updates on all my golf equipment and clothing.  I wonder how much equipment would improve my swing provided getting older and my equipment is from a decade ago. So I need to find a patient fitter than I can spend a couple hours and see if there is enough change to justify the cost.  Other than equipment, I could use lighter golf shoes.  Feet get tired in these skecher golf shoes.  Ideas?

Cobra AMP 8.5* driver (sometimes swap for Cobra Speedzone driver)

Cobra Speedzone 3 WD, 19* hybrid

Driving iron 18*

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4 - PW

Cleveland 588 gap wedge 52*

Scotty Cameron futura putter (sometimes Ping Zing anniversary edition, or TP mills blade)

Just picked up a Sub 70 002 putter. Love the added weight - that kind of forces you to have better putting tempo.

WITB:

Driver - PING G425 - 10.5 - ALTA CB 55|S

Fairway - PING G425 - 3W & 5W Alta CB 65|S

Hybrid - PING G425 - 4H - PING Tour 85|S

Irons - PING i525 - 5-U - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105|S

Wedges - PING Glide 4 - 54*/S.12 & 58*/T.6

Putter - Sub 70 - 002 (mid-mallet)

Ball - Titleist Pro V1X

Plan is to buy a couple more sets of JDM irons.  At least enough until I find one that fits me well.

So far this past month I have picked up  TourStage TS-202 and Yamaha Inpres XV sets.  Each under $120

Next up is finding a set of cb Miura irons new enough to be playable but old enough to make the outlay no big deal.

Then adding a bench grinder to start working on the skill or hobby of reconditioning clubs.

Edited by Badams69

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams Pro 20*/23*  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Bridgestone Tour Stage TS-202 (5-PW)  /  Yamaha Inpres XV Forged (5-PW)   /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)

WEDGES: Callaway MackDaddy2 52*/56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings

BALLS:   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

Just order the new Cleveland Hy-Wood 3+.  Plan is to use it off the tee for some holes and as a replacement for my 3/4 wood Cobra.  Great deal from Cleveland and Second Swing, they will give you 50% more on trade-in clubs if you buy a Cleveland hybrid or hy-wood.  I had plenty of clubs I was no longer using and got almost $200 off the total price.

Putter… maybe. 🤔 

Callaway Paradym Driver and 3 woods, UST Mamiya Helium Black Nanocore shafts, senior flex. Cobra Rad Speed 5 and 7 woods with Helium senior flex shafts. Cobra Rad Speed 5 Hybrid with Recoil regular flex shaft. PW-6 irons with Recoil regular flex shafts. 48*, 52*, 58* Vokey SM8 Wedges with True Temper wedge flex shafts. All grips are Lamkin Crossline. TaylorMade Spider Putter 33.5” long with a Super Stroke 2.0 grip. 

I need to add an 18-19 degree club, and my Adams 3 wood has a slight draw bias that I believe causes slightly "hooky" shots. So, I'm planning on eventually ending up with full PXG woods (driver, 3 wood, 5 wood/3 hybrid).

I'm not planning to, but I anticipate having to replace my golf shoes and golf bag if they continue wearing at their current rates.

PXGLogo.jpg.0c92800daa172651d766b6819f37e9f9.jpg: 0311 Gen5 - Driver

:adams-small:: Tight Lies - 3W

I need an 18°-19° club.

url(1).jpg.d0326cc5029d710568433f5df6fe1efc.jpg: TS4 - 4-PW

url(1).jpg.d0326cc5029d710568433f5df6fe1efc.jpg: TSW - 50°, 54°,58°

:odyssey-small:: Toulon Design Austin - Putter

First is a new iron set. Had a quick fitting last fall that said paradym x. It was only a callaway fitting.  I'm thinking about the ai smoke hl but haven't swung them. There's no multi brand stores up here, I'd have to book a fitting with multiple courses to get a variety. I'm planning on walking more this season so a good pair of shoes is on my mind. A push cart for sure. My Mother in-law says she's getting me one from her friend. Not sure what it is yet. I've been eyeing the quad xl cart tho. Since I plan on walking more. I'm thinking an upgrade to the bag would be nice. Something with better pockets for rain gear and such. After the irons, and my wallet recovers, I'll look into some wedges.  We're expecting our second child right as the season starts here in the next few weeks, so no idea when this will all happen but I can dream. 

Driver: Paradym X

3-wood: Rouge st Max D

Hybrid: Callaway super hybrid 17*

Irons: 4-SW Adams RPM

Wedge: Calaway A  (from the 90s)

Putter: Odyssey White Hot 330 Mallet

4 hours ago, Hobert said:

The back 9 at our club is hilly as well and I do sometimes envy the Electric Cart Mafia when I see them walking up without having to push... I love the lightness and compactness of my Nitron though.

Yeah. Balancing the want vs need of making that investment. Trying to sell some things I’ve got lying around to make up for it. Also trying to find a good deal on FB to also try out if it makes THAT much of a difference without dropping serious coin. 

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

Over the winter I bought a Alphard motorized wheel set and their cart with the brackets attached - a Black Friday special. My swing speed has moved into the senior category so looking to replace my Wilson D7 irons with something with more friendly shafts. Fitting scheduled for next week...will then work the top and the bottom of the bag to complement the irons. 

100% is a driver, then irons. 

After 20 years out of golf an starting again the beginning of last year, I bought some second hand Callaway XR pro irons an woods. Nice clubs but they're not for me! I've upgraded the wedges to Vokey sm9s, the driver shaft to X stiff and my 3 wood is now a Tsr2. 

Callaway, vokey, Scotty Cameron 

I just had my irons reshafted to Project X IO. Now I will wait until this fall and the release of the Mizuno 925 Forged or go with the 245 Pro Iron heads. Either way I will have them installed into the shafts I just purchased.

Roger Beusch

8 hours ago, BLD7 said:

Those of you with 4-wheel carts - Yay or Nay? Anyone go from a 3-wheel to a 4-wheel cart? Opinions?

@BLD7 I went from a 3 wheel TourTrek to a 4 wheel BagBoy Quad XL and I like it.  A little issue with the wheels sagging after 3 yrs. There is a velcro strap and so far it's in good shape.  I really like how the cart folds up and is compact. 

My BagBoy cart is the one on the left. You can see how the wheels are bowing out.  That didn't happen on the 3 wheel cart. 

IMG_1009.jpg.b3bab9232481c9bf825aa8bd7ca0dcb1.jpg

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

I went through a Titleist Iron & Wedge Fitting and it was really good & thorough.  I was fitted for the T350 - 5 iron with Nipon Modus3 stiff shaft, lie 2 degrees upright.    T200 irons - 6i through PW - Nipon Modus3 Stiff shaft, lies bent up 2 degrees.  48 degree Vokey sm10 F Grind with Vokey Wedge Flex, bent 2 degrees upright, Loft 1 degree weak; 54 degree Vokey sm10S wedge flex & 58 degree Vokey sm10M wedge flex, both wedges 1 degree upright. 

haven't received irons yet, but very pleased with fitting.  This should complete my golf bag! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Kicking around the idea of picking up a used set of MB irons to tinker with and use for practice sessions.  Maybe MP5s or Apex MB 18.  

Paradym 9*
Rogue ST 16.5*
Apex UW 20.5*
Mizuno Pro FliHi 3

Mizuno Pro 225 (4-P)

Vokey Wedges

22 minutes ago, tdroma98 said:

@BLD7 I went from a 3 wheel TourTrek to a 4 wheel BagBoy Quad XL and I like it.  A little issue with the wheels sagging after 3 yrs. There is a velcro strap and so far it's in good shape.  I really like how the cart folds up and is compact. 

My BagBoy cart is the one on the left. You can see how the wheels are bowing out.  That didn't happen on the 3 wheel cart. 

IMG_1009.jpg.b3bab9232481c9bf825aa8bd7ca0dcb1.jpg

That's interesting that the 4-wheel is sagging. My 3-wheel cart is still mostly functional, the issue I have is the velcro doesn't hold the bag in place anymore like it used to. Was hoping newer models with different style straps would be better... outside of the sagging wheels do you prefer the 4-wheeler over your previous 3 wheeler?

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9* | H2 track setting | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

3 wood: Titleist TSi3 15* | T track setting | B4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7X

5 wood: Titleist TSR2 18* | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8S

Hybrid: Titleist TSR2 21* | B1 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9X

Irons: Titleist T100 Black | 5-P | True Temper AMT Tour White X100

Wedges: Vokey SM9 Jet Black | 50.08F, 54.12D, 58.08M | True Temper AMT Tour White S300

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Button Back Newport 2.5+

My next planned purchase will probably be a new hybrid as only this week I received my new irons and fairway wood to replace my 25 year old Callaway X12 irons. I now have a set of Cobra T-Rails which I will be taking out for their first run on Monday. 

Left handed