Krank Formula Fire

Hi guys and girls,

Can anyone give an honest assessment on the Krank Formula Fire drivers, have you played them, shaft, swing speed, tempo etc. I see they are offering a big discount ATM for the masters and wondering if I should look into taking advantage of their very generous discount?

Thanks

Firefighter

Single figures

120+ swing speed

LTDx Driver

Srixon ZX 3Wood & Utility Iron

Srixon ZX7 Irons

Vokey Wedges

https://mygolfspy.com/buyers-guides/drivers/best-golf-drivers/

Based off most wanted rankings from this season there is a reason why it is offered at such a discount. It really didn't perform well. 

Not the be all end all as every golfer is different, but it wouldn't be top of my list. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

https://mygolfspy.com/buyers-guides/drivers/best-golf-drivers/

Based off most wanted rankings from this season there is a reason why it is offered at such a discount. It really didn't perform well. 

Not the be all end all as every golfer is different, but it wouldn't be top of my list. 

Yes, I've previously read the results from this very well conducted test, although it appears that the average ball speed is around the low 140's, putting the average swing speed at roughly 95-100. I was more hoping for input from those with faster swing speeds and ball speeds that would more suit a player similar to myself at 115-120. According to Krank themselves, the USGA conforming Formula Fire would require this swing speed for optimal performance?

Firefighter

Single figures

120+ swing speed

LTDx Driver

Srixon ZX 3Wood & Utility Iron

Srixon ZX7 Irons

Vokey Wedges

3 minutes ago, Jon Richmond said:

Yes, I've previously read the results from this very well conducted test, although it appears that the average ball speed is around the low 140's, putting the average swing speed at roughly 95-100. I was more hoping for input from those with faster swing speeds and ball speeds that would more suit a player similar to myself at 115-120. According to Krank themselves, the USGA conforming Formula Fire would require this swing speed for optimal performance?

https://mygolfspy.com/buyers-guides/drivers/best-drivers-for-high-swing-speed-golfers/

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Krank almost 6mph slower ballspeed than the top driver and dead last overall in ballspeed 😬

They must be making these to avoid breaking more so than to produce top speeds. 

My bag is a revolving door!

After watching some videos on BD's YouTube and some other channels it really is fitted to him. They have adjusted the face and alot on his driver to where even those that try it don't hit it well and he explains some of this in misc videos he has or where others hit his driver.

He plays his equipment different than the rest form what I can tell but hey if it works

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 55 S 12*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 65 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65 S 22*

IRONS MIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

Based on sheer looks alone, I wouldn't let that driver anywhere near my bag.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9º | Ping Tour 2.0 Black 75S

Fairway Wood: Ping G430 Max 3W 15º | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 75S

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged (5-GW) | Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Ping s159 54º & 58º | PING Z-Z115

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: ProV1x

Only the Krank driver for high swing speeds is conforming. So if you played any of the other Krank drivers in a tournament you would be DQ'd. With a glacial swing speed I ruled out trying Krank drivers because of their own acknowledgement that their drivers were non-conforming.

On 4/14/2024 at 7:47 AM, 03trdblack said:

Krank almost 6mph slower ballspeed than the top driver and dead last overall in ballspeed 😬

They must be making these to avoid breaking more so than to produce top speeds. 

while watching the Masters this weekend, it was hard not to notice how the announcers were just drooling over BD's "bombs" yet he wasn't the longest in the field on any day or for the tournament as whole. Watching him on any given hole, his ball speeds weren't eye-popping, especially compared to the way the commentators were talking about how "he really crushed that one." He was pretty routinely getting mid to high 180's and a couple popped 190. Meanwhile, JDay was cruising in the mid-180s while wearing enough fabric to single-handedly keep the textiles industry solvent and Aberg routinely found spots on the course beyond BD's drives. Couldn't help but wonder what Bryson could do with Ping or Titleist in his hands...

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

1 minute ago, GregGarner said:

while watching the Masters this weekend, it was hard not to notice how the announcers were just drooling over BD's "bombs" yet he wasn't the longest in the field on any day or for the tournament as whole. Watching him on any given hole, his ball speeds weren't eye-popping, especially compared to the way the commentators were talking about how "he really crushed that one." He was pretty routinely getting mid to high 180's and a couple popped 190. Meanwhile, JDay was cruising in the mid-180s while wearing enough fabric to single-handedly keep the textiles industry solvent and Aberg routinely found spots on the course beyond BD's drives. Couldn't help but wonder what Bryson could do with Ping or Titleist in his hands...

From all of his YouTube videos I've seen where he mentions the driver, he speaks solely about the bulge/roll that Krank was able to give him that allows him to hit it straighter at his speeds.  Apparently he was complaining that Cobra wasn't able to find this combination for some reason (although I'm sure they could easily).  He spoke about how he could hit it out on the toe side of center and knew it would draw back the exact amount he was looking for and could basically do that on command.  I'm sure that means more to him at this point than the distance aspect.

4 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

From all of his YouTube videos I've seen where he mentions the driver, he speaks solely about the bulge/roll that Krank was able to give him that allows him to hit it straighter at his speeds.  Apparently he was complaining that Cobra wasn't able to find this combination for some reason (although I'm sure they could easily).  He spoke about how he could hit it out on the toe side of center and knew it would draw back the exact amount he was looking for and could basically do that on command.  I'm sure that means more to him at this point than the distance aspect.

spot on. IIRC, when Cobra tried to do that, it was nonconforming on center strikes and they had to aggressively thicken the face to slow down ball speeds (leading to his "this driver is terrible" comment...) Cue new thread on "what's the point of hitting it so far if you're just going to hit it offline"? 😉

Also, I suppose, points to his use of bulge and roll in his new iron set.

Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)

Tested:

8 minutes ago, GregGarner said:

spot on. IIRC, when Cobra tried to do that, it was nonconforming on center strikes and they had to aggressively thicken the face to slow down ball speeds (leading to his "this driver is terrible" comment...) Cue new thread on "what's the point of hitting it so far if you're just going to hit it offline"? 😉

Also, I suppose, points to his use of bulge and roll in his new iron set.

Well see it's perfect then because the Krank is already 6mph slower than the Cobra so they didn't have to slow anything down further for him! 🤣 

I have been playing Krank drivers for about 10 years now. I am currently 58 years old, and swing speed is usually 108 to 112. I am putting the ball between 290 and 310 consistently with the previous generation Krank driver, not the current Fire driver. I have hit other drivers from Ping and Calloway and have liked the clubs, but I feel the Krank has been most consistently long even with off center hits. They have had great customer service, so I have stayed with them so far.

It is also fun when pulling it out of the bag and other golfers ask what is that?  Lol then proceed to roll the ball past them in the fairway. If I were buying today, I would probably do the new 10k drivers. I am not getting any younger!!

Love golf, love the individual piece of the game along with the little side bets and stuff we come up with while playing my buddies!!

5 hours ago, Bob Cummins said:

I have been playing Krank drivers for about 10 years now. I am currently 58 years old, and swing speed is usually 108 to 112. I am putting the ball between 290 and 310 consistently with the previous generation Krank driver, not the current Fire driver.

Unless you're playing in USGA-sanctioned events (or events utilizing USGA rules), it doesn't really matter, but you could use a conforming driver and get about the same numbers. 110 swing speed is great at any age!

Tested:

I do have one of the conforming drivers as I've used it in a couple events back in the day, I no they have some non-conforming but I stayed away from that just in case I wanted to play in something fun. I feel lucky to be able to still swing at that, but I love the game too much to Let It Go

Love golf, love the individual piece of the game along with the little side bets and stuff we come up with while playing my buddies!!