Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

The U.S Open 2024 - Thread

Splatt

G’day Golfers,

How fast is this year going? It feels like only last week we were gearing up for the first Major of the season with The Masters, and yet, here we are getting ready for the third Major of the season.

US5.jpg.2fe0b6529172e7bd9a976a1372f7e3ab.jpg

The US Open is not like the other Major Championships, each Major is a test in its own right, but only the US Open can boast about being the toughest challenge in golf.
A general rule of thumb at a US Open set up is that even par is a very good score, anything less is an absolutely incredible achievement.

Once again the LIV boys are set to tee it up against the PGA Tour, but unlike the first few times the golfing world came back together it feels far less combative now. Some of the LIV guys are a welcome site and here’s hoping the golfing fracture is healed sooner rather than later.
Bryson Dechambeau has been the most consistent LIV golfer in the Majors so far this year finishing T-6 at The Masters and solo-2nd at the PGA Championship.
Brooks Koepka is also another notable LIV performer, although he’s nowhere near his major performance last year.

US3.jpg.6096a1a4a9450aa0400542a851953b5d.jpg

This year the US Open is held at the historic Pinehurst (No.2), a par 70, 7-543-yard course of epic proportions. The last time Pinehurst (No2) held a major was back in 2014 and there’s been a major change since then, namely the grass from bermudagrass to bentgrass. In fact, it’s a special type of bentgrass called ‘Champion Ultradwarf bentgrass’ and this will be the first US Open in history played on this type of grass.
The other change since 2014 is the signature waste areas have had time to develop; they were only 4 years old back in 2014, and now 10 years later, they have more growth and craggily spots to give anyone who finds themselves there a hard time.

US4.jpg.a4f88f29b06997f1778a7380ee76aebd.jpg

Last year, Wyndham Clark won his first Major in only his 7th Major start, most players have would be happy to contend in their first few majors, let alone win one!
Last year the US Open was at LA Country Club and has been criticized since as been too easy for a US Open event, however that didn’t make the event any less thrilling. Clark shot an even-par 70 in the last round at to hold off McIlroy and Scheffler, who finished 2nd and 3rd. This was Rory’s best shot at another major win in years but with only 1 birdie for the day, he just couldn’t seem to make up the ground on Clark.

US1.jpg.4a12cfe807aa649279f6843fbf6e66fc.jpg

The last time the US Open was at Pinehurst (No.2) Martin Kaymer ran away with it at -9 with 2nd place being split between Eric Compton and Rickie Fowler at -1. That’s right, that year there was only 3 players in the whole field that finished under par.
We should be in for some carnage as the course is looking even more formidable than back in 2014.

Field Highlights

·         Scottie Scheffler – Like every single event this year, Scottie Scheffler is the man to beat. He’s the one that will be consistent all week long, he’s the one that will be involved in the conversation come Sunday, and any player thinking about lifting the US Open trophy, he’s the dude you gotta play better than. His record this year is nothing but outstanding; he’s teed it up in 13 events and won 5 of them, including The Masters. In fact, he’s only finished outside the top-10 in 1 events, with his worst finish this season being a T-17 at The American Express.

·         Rory McIlroy – Another player with multiple wins this year on Tour (One at the Zurich Classic and the other the very next week at the Wells Fargo Championship), Rory will be looking to make an impact this week. After coming so close at the US Open last year and a recent run of success on the PGA Tour, things are definitely looking in Rory’s favour. Last time the US Open was here in 2014 Rory finished T26 with a +6. Rory’s last 5 starts have been a win, win, T-12, T-4, and a T-15 last week at The Memorial. Lets hope he can carry some of that momentum in to this years US Open.

·         Bryson DeChambeau – As mentioned above, Bryson has been the outstanding performer from the LIV Golf League at this year’s Major Championships with a T-6 at The Masters in April and a solo-2nd at the PGA Championship in May. Promisingly for Bryson, he seems to raise his game for the majors with his results at the majors this year outshining his results on the 54-hole tour (only a solo-4th at LIV Jeddah outshined his Masters performance). Driving accuracy is going to be key from the tee, so we may see Bryson struggle here if he trys to bomb and gouge his way around Pinehurst (No.2). Either way, he’ll be very fun to watch.

·         Xander Schauffele – Winner at the PGA Championship last month, Xander has the fresh taste of a major victory in his mouth and I’m sure he’s hungry for more. Up until that major victory, Xander had been agonisingly close to a win, not only at majors but also regular tournaments, for a long time. Before the PGA Championship Xander had racked up 5 top-5 finishes 12 events including 2 runner up finishes. On top of that he had zero wins last season and had 2 runner up finishes. It’s been a long time coming for Xander.
He finished T-10 at the US Open last year at LACC, and his best finish in a US Open was back in 2019 when it was held at Pebble Beach.

The rest of the field can be found here.

US2.jpeg.32cbdf2242f7f75d732eb2c86babdb16.jpeg

This should be a very different tournament to the US Open last year with Pinehurst (No.2) looking devilishly difficult. Expect bogies galore, clutch pars, and birdies being celebrated like they’re hole-in-ones.

Who looks good to you?

Which surprising golfer is going to miss the cut?

Sound off in the comments

SPLATT

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)
Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, but getting there)
Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)
Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  LAB Golf - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

I would like to see Bryson keep this run at majors going strong. But it becomes increasingly harder to keep thinking he's focused when the past month he has been releasing videos playing with junior clubs haha. Hopefully it leads to more creativity. At the same time unless he somehow gets arrested again I find it impossible to bet against Scottie. 

Driver:   G425 Max w/Hzardous im10
Fairway:  M4 3 wood w/fujikura atmos Cobra LTDx 5 wood w/hzrdous im10 shaft
Hybrids:  G425  max 3 hybrid w/alta cb      
Irons:      P790 4-pw  w/ dynamic gold 95
Wedge:   50 degree MG4 54/58 degree MG3 w/dynamic gold r300
Putter:   white hot versa double bend seven 

If its the field vs Scheffler, I'm taking Scottie 🤣

But seriously, I'm soooo excited for this US Open - #2 is one of my favorites and it should be a great test with the "extra grown in" waste areas.  

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

After watching how brutal the course was last week it has me even more excited.  The options they have with potential pin placements and tee boxes is going to lead to a lot of creativity hopefully vs people just smashing driver on every hole like at Valhalla. I have a feeling the winning score this weekend will be pretty close to par. My prediction is 4 under. 

Driver:   G425 Max w/Hzardous im10
Fairway:  M4 3 wood w/fujikura atmos Cobra LTDx 5 wood w/hzrdous im10 shaft
Hybrids:  G425  max 3 hybrid w/alta cb      
Irons:      P790 4-pw  w/ dynamic gold 95
Wedge:   50 degree MG4 54/58 degree MG3 w/dynamic gold r300
Putter:   white hot versa double bend seven 

Just now, jayyarr said:

After watching how brutal the course was last week it has me even more excited.  The options they have with potential pin placements and tee boxes is going to lead to a lot of creativity hopefully vs people just smashing driver on every hole like at Valhalla. I have a feeling the winning score this weekend will be pretty close to par. My prediction is 4 under. 

Agreed on your last point - don't think we will see over par here, but it could be close...

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Hard to bet against Scottie. There of course could be a surprise, but he is truly on another level. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I’d like to see an Adam Hadwin / Stephen Jaeger / Sepp Straka first time winner.  Solid guys from tee to green.

I’m always going to root for the underdog.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Hard to bet against Scottie. There of course could be a surprise, but he is truly on another level. 

Scottie making clutch putts is a scary experience for everyone else in the field.  Hard to see him not winning it all.  

The second shot is the key on Pinehurst #2.  The greens are diabolical.  Don’t let TV fool you. They are a nightmare.  Long drivers and high launch long iron players are at a clear advantage.  It’s a real test of all aspects of your game,  should be exciting to watch.  Can’t wait!

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x (MGS Tester ‘24) / GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

Somewhat on topic. Are we having another pool for this major? Idc if there is a giveaway at the end or not. Just some fun fourm thing to do.  

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 70g (back up :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" )

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

With the small undulating greens the players with the best short games will be in the mix.

Should be able to see a lot of creativity around the greens as the tournament plays out.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

Looks tough 😅

Driver : :callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, autoFlex Dream7, SF405x flex (45.5")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
3-Hybrid: :srixon-small: Z H85, 19° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Black 85g, Reg flex
Irons: :titleist-small: T350 5i & T200 6i-GW, 23°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: :Sub70: JB Forged Raw 54° & 58° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Reg flex (+0.5/0.25", 0.5° upright)
Putter: :cobra-small:King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft, :garsen:Quad Tour Taper grip (34")
Bag: :cobra-small:Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
Push Cart: :BagBoy:Nitron, Black/Red
Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

I’m looking forward to seeing how it plays out.  Was fortunate enough to go to Pinehurst last time the US Open was there and it was a blast.  Unfortunately, probably won’t get to watch too much this weekend because we’ll be traveling.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

And Rahm withdraws with a sore infection on his foot. Man, what a way to start the week.

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :odin:

21 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

And Rahm withdraws with a sore infection on his foot. Man, what a way to start the week.

That's a shame. Although, his run in Majors this year hasn't been stellar

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)
Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, but getting there)
Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)
Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  LAB Golf - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

2 minutes ago, Splatt said:

That's a shame. Although, his run in Majors this year hasn't been stellar

Very true, but with a guy like Rahm it's really hard to ever count him out of it. One less from the LIV field out there. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :odin:

If I was in the field I'd be passing the hat to come up with enough scratch to pull a Shooter McGavin maneuver.....

.....and pay some knucklehead to wear a halloween costume police get up and jump on Scotties car as he drives onto the grounds first thing Thursday morning screaming at him "YOU TORE MY $80 PANTS!!!! "  🤣

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Was lucky enough to play #2 a couple of years ago.  Those waste areas are a b@#$h !  It doesn't take a very poor shot at all to run in there, and if you do there's no telling what you'll get.  There are all sizes of stones, clumps of wiregrass, various kinds of other vegetation.  The greens are borderline ridiculous.  Having played a lot of links golf back in Ireland and Scotland, I'm convinced that the greens as they now are at Pinehurst are not what Ross would have wanted.  My own suspicion - admittedly not backed up by any direct knowledge - is that years of top dressing and sand thrown onto the surfaces from bunkers have made them much more domed than intended, to the point where the places where holes can go are severely reduced.  Also, in Ross's time, it wasn't possible to get a green to modern-day speeds, old reel mowers couldn't get that tight. I played them running about 10.5-11 and they were restricted in where pins could go.  At the speeds Tour events use, the situation is exacerbated.  I just hope the USGA guys don't have another Shinnecock situation.  I dropped my membership after seeing them f-up that course twice, and then not disqualify Mickelson for what he did.  Ask yourself if Pat Perez would have gotten the same treatment.  Anyway, my pick for the US Open is Rory.  He's as long as anyone, he hits it so high the ball comes down with ice on it, and he has an under rated short game.  His weak spot is putting, he's streaky, but if he gets hot with the putter.....

Taylor Made Stealth 2 driver w/Tensei White S, Cobra F9 3W & 5W w/Hazrdus Black S,  Mizuno Pro221s 4-PW S-300s .75" long,   TM MG series 50,54,58.  GP Z-Grip, Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 putter.   

If one of the straight ball hitters can putt better than normal, could give us a surprise. Else, it's hard to bet against Scottie.

• Driver - Callaway Paradym X 10.5 - Project X HZRDS Gen 4 50
  • 3 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 16.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • 5 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 18.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • Irons - Srixon ZX7 - KBS Tour C-Taper Lite
  • Wedges - Srixon ZX7 51-8 KBS Tour C-Taper Lite; Titleist Vokey 56-12 & 60-08 - Project X 6.0
  • Putter - Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
  • Golf Ball - 2023 Titleist Pro V1X Left Dash

Not to sound like a misogynist, but I was very surprised to see Michelle Wie win the Women's US Open at Pinehurst unless the golf course was set up completely differently from today.

Her skill set didn't seem to match what was needed then.

But then, the USGA does tend to experience a wide range of winners.

After retiring from the PGA of America, I did some demo days and club fitting for various OEMs.

Whomever does win will be the best to survive the carnage that is about to happen.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5

Hybrid   Ping G410 4H

Irons;    Ping G425 5-LW

Putter:  Ping Anser 2           

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed/AVX

Bag:      Titleist

Driver : :callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, autoFlex Dream7, SF405x flex (45.5")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
3-Hybrid: :srixon-small: Z H85, 19° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Black 85g, Reg flex
Irons: :titleist-small: T350 5i & T200 6i-GW, 23°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: :Sub70: JB Forged Raw 54° & 58° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Reg flex (+0.5/0.25", 0.5° upright)
Putter: :cobra-small:King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft, :garsen:Quad Tour Taper grip (34")
Bag: :cobra-small:Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
Push Cart: :BagBoy:Nitron, Black/Red
Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

1 hour ago, jolter1 said:

Whomever does win will be the best to survive the carnage that is about to happen.

It’s going to be awesome!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

First off, you are rockin-it Sean (@Splatt)... great job on these threads! 👏👊

Wow, tough call on who is going to hoist this years trophy.  Pinehurst No. 2 is going to be challenging and I'm real interested in seeing what the SG data is within the field for approach shots. It sure seems like most all will drop from their current averages... but we'll see if the greens will be as tough to hold as most think.

I'd look for those players with higher than average ball height and descent angles, who are also grooving their target lines.  But then again, those firing on all cylinders with more of a bump and run approach might be in the final groups Sunday too.

All that said, I'm almost certain it will not be Phil, Tiger, or Sergio, pretty sure it could be Brooks, Morikawa, Fleetwood, Aberg, or McIlroy, and hoping it's Schauffele, Scheffler, Smith or Harman.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

2 hours ago, BallsLeon said:

Not funny, but funny at the same time.  2024 US Open will be remembered as "screw-gate", "short-screw", "loose-screw"... or... ???  😆

On 6/11/2024 at 9:47 AM, BallsLeon said:

Looks tough 😅

My vote for our forums biggest understatement of the year 😆.  Holy hell, that's nuts... just nuts.

I am also on the Scottie bandwagon.. with his current form, he should be on anyone's shortlist, but, man are those greens slippery!

I read an article somewhere that explained the greens are like "an upside down saucer", and it looks true to form!

I am also looking for Victor Hovland to do well, as he, like Shauffele, has been waiting in the wings, doing really well but not getting it over the line for the big ones, so I'm holding thumbs.

Hoping for a good 4 days of golf!

MY WITB list

Bag: Adidas 7 way stand bag

Cart: :Clicgear: Model 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9°

FW: :wilson_staff_small: D9 Fairway 

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: Launcher

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D9 4 - SW

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore  52deg, 60deg

Putter: :taylormade-small: Kia Ma Daytona

Ball:  :taylormade-small:Soft Response,  :srixon-small: AD333, :callaway-small: Supersoft

I am currently testing the Ping S159 wedges. See my review here:

1 hour ago, ShimmyCocoBop said:

Peacock+ = 👎

Meanwhile, Pinehurst not looking overly mean yet, but things may change.

It will get progressively harder. Love the carnage so far.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5

Hybrid   Ping G410 4H

Irons;    Ping G425 5-LW

Putter:  Ping Anser 2           

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed/AVX

Bag:      Titleist