Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Yamada Shogun Review

Ruckus10

Just got this beautiful putter in from yamada after 6 excruciating weeks. Mr yamada got backed up due to his recent boost in popularity. Something about someone shooting a 55 with his putter. Anyhow, I cannot say enough about how soft this putter is. Stroke it on the sweet spot and you can barely tell if you even hit it. The semi blade also offers so much forgiveness. Just aim and putt and the ball just runs true. It was between this and the Scotty Sonoma and I'm glad I had the patience to wait for this. I also have a circa 62 and it just does not compare. Call me a fan for life. Sorry about the underwhelming pics taken from my iPad. I also need to oil these up to make it shine.

Also, if you're interested in picking up one of these bad boys...I highly recommend John at clubmaker-online.

a5408c18.jpg

3e06b6eb.jpg

21ef332a.jpg

54ea1604.jpg

8e71a4f8.jpg

19513f0d.jpg

Driver - 9.5 Cobra Amp, 9.5 Bridgestone J40 430

3 Wood -Royal Collection JP104

3 Hybrid - Royal Collection JP104

Irons - Onoff forged

Wedges - 50, 56, 60 Royal Collection Dual Bite BK

Putter - Yamada Shogun

Beautiful putter. Kind of reminds me of the old Mizuno T.P. Mills putters.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Agree beautiful putter there. What finish is that?? I've roll a few Yamada and they all feel sweet.....only not sweet in my wallet :o

you know..i'm not sure...lol. i ordered it in the burning copper but normally its very bright. i think he accidentally shipped me a head that already patina'd. I actually dont care because i wanted the patina'd look regardless since i really don't like having a bright glare when i put. one of the reasons why i chose not to get the soft black finish. you know cost wise..its only slightly more expensive than a scotty cameron and personally i think its on a whole different level. only problem now is im really debating to pull off that beautiful grip and put on a super stroke since i can put so much better with a bigger grip. :unsure:

Irons - Onoff forged

Putter - Yamada Shogun

only problem now is im really debating to pull off that beautiful grip and put on a super stroke since i can put so much better with a bigger grip. :unsure:

DON'T DO IT..... GM Stickback is one of the best grips I've tried. I've it in two of my putters. What are you not liking about it? They do have a medium size (which I use) if you like something slightly bigger.

I like the switchback grip. It's just a tad too thin. Maybe I will try the medium size. I'd hate to lose the yamada lettering though.

Irons - Onoff forged

Putter - Yamada Shogun

Archived