Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Adams Speedline Super S and Super LS Driver

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

I just posted pics of the hybrids, now here are a few of the new drivers. Like the hybrids, the both the new Speedlines are just SUPER (again, I haven't hit them yet).

I do love the route Adams took with the headcovers. Like a handful of other companies this season, Adams is offering the Kuro Kage shaft as stock in the LS. Again, crown graphics will be an issue for some, but I absolutely love the deep face on the LS model. There are some other nice details here as well (like the pouch for the wrench and weights).

As with the hybrids, the TaylorMade influence is strong as far as the white crown and artwork is concerned, but the shape (and the sole) are definitely still very much Adams.

2013Speedline-1.jpg

2013Speedline-2.jpg

2013Speedline-3.jpg

2013Speedline-4.jpg

2013Speedline-5.jpg

2013Speedline-6.jpg

2013Speedline-7.jpg

2013Speedline-8.jpg

2013Speedline-9.jpg

2013Speedline-10.jpg

2013Speedline-11.jpg

2013Speedline-12.jpg

2013Speedline-13.jpg

2013Speedline-14.jpg

2013Speedline-15.jpg

2013Speedline-16.jpg

2013Speedline-17.jpg

2013Speedline-18.jpg

2013Speedline-19.jpg

2013Speedline-20.jpg

2013Speedline-21.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Sharp looking clubs - hate the crown way more than I thought I would.

I've had a couple of Adams drivers and still would were it not for winning that TMag - which I love by the way.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm digging that LS model!!

After seeing the new TMaG drivers I don't even notice the crowns on the Adams clubs. I may have to demo those when they get released.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

The graphics are definitely there but less apparent than I was expecting, the LS especially.

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars

The squillion dollar question T. Adams showes the LS as having a lower lie angle by a solid 3 degrees before any adjustments. When holding the driver, is that noticable to you at all?

I roll so flat on all my irons/wedges that it would be nice to have a driver that helps out in that regard at least somewhat as well.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Those are looking good, especially the LS. Looking forward to the reviews.

WITB

Driver: Calloway Diablo Octane Tour, UST VTS Silver

Hybrids: 16* Taylormade RBZ Tour 16*, 21* TEE XCG-3

Irons: Adams CB1 4-PW, KBS C Taper Lite S

Wedges: Nike VR Pro Forged 52*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG3

Grips: Lamkin Crossline Midsize

Ball: Whatever I find, prefer Bridgestone

• SPY VIP

The S claims "adjustable loft" with the little window on the hosel like the Cobra. I think it's...9.5 to 11.5? The LS is just a degree of face angle and lie, IIRC.

The LS is also adjustable for length. You can add 1/2", I believe.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

• SPY VIP

The squillion dollar question T. Adams showes the LS as having a lower lie angle by a solid 3 degrees before any adjustments. When holding the driver, is that noticable to you at all?

I roll so flat on all my irons/wedges that it would be nice to have a driver that helps out in that regard at least somewhat as well.

I should finally get to hit them tomorrow, but just looking at them at address, what I see isn't so much an LS model that sits flat, but rather a Super S model that sits upright. It's very much a toe-up design (similar to the Cobra Speed series from a couple years back). We're starting to see this a bit more often where in addition to, or as an alternative to creating bias with weights, OEMs are using upright designs and settings to create a draw bias. I suspect that's what's at work here.

For comparison's sake, if you consider the upcoming Cobra AMP Cell Driver... in addition to the standard loft settings, there is also a draw setting (at 10.5° I think). What's really going on is that the natural (nominal) loft of the club is being placed in the upright position. Some call it Draw, others call it upright, but functionally it's the same. Conversely, when we look at the Pro model of the same driver, it has a fade setting, which is again, accomplished putting the driver in the natural position (9.5°) with a flat lie.

I hit both the other day when Rep stopped by. I didn't have the Flightscope on but here's my initial impressions...

S

-Beautiful to look at in terms of shape.

-Sole was busy, but who cares, I don't usually look at the sole at address.

-Clever deal to adjust loft and good business sense in terms of inventory.

-Bad deal that nothing over 10.5* is offered as nearly ALL golfers who swing under 90mph require closer to 14* to get max distance.

-Red "Speedline" on the crown is whatever. Not the prettiest thing to look at, but not the worst.

-Very cool that their 299 driver is adjustable and has removable shaft tech.

-Sound and feel is okay. Not muted, but also not very poppy. I only tried this with the stock shaft.

-Overall First Impression = decent

LS-

-Good looking traditional modern driver

-Sole really looks cool to me (not that it matters). Reminds me of something I'd see along a cylon base ship from the new Battlestar Galactica series. In a good way.

-New hosel adapters are different from the F12 LS. I was pissed because I have a crap ton of shafts as I use the UST Mamiya VST system for my fitting. Fortunately, they still work, despite being slightly different.

-Crown graphics were a non issue. Unless you're looking for it, pretty hard to see "Speedline".

-Sound and feel was somewhere between exquisite and perfection. If there ever was such thing as a muted thwack, this is it. Most noteworthy was the 'closer to toe' hit that I could barely tell any difference from.

-I tried the stock Kurokage, Attas T3 7x, Accra Tour ZL M5, VTS Tour Black 8X, and Rombax Type X. Kurokage was a very nice stock option. Probably 3rd in my preference (without Flightscope on) behind Accra and Attas.

-Overall First Impression = Religious.

Archived