Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

FIRST LOOK - Ping Scottsdale TR Putters

GolfSpy Dave

• SPY VIP

Anser 2 back.jpg

Just a quick share for ya. These sweet new Ping Scottsdale TR putters rolled in for review the other day. We have the Anser 2, the Piper C, the Senita, and the Tatum in for testing. There are a few cool features worth noting.

First, they can be built with a standard shaft or the patented Ping adjustable shaft. I played around with this feature with the adjustable Nome last summer. It's very easy to adjust and definitely unique in the market. Next, the new insert is definitely worth mention. Ping has engineered the variable-depth insert to give similar distances with centered and off centered hits. The center is a bit dead, and the edges of the insert are a bit hot. I can't wait to see how this plays!

adjustable nut.jpg

Anser 2 face.jpg

Piper C.jpg

Senita.jpg

Tatum Back.jpg

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

There are other models/shapes in the pipeline as well. Someone sent me pics of one that is a heel shafted mini mallet.

You bet. There are nine other models up on the site. LOTS of variety...

Volvo Intorqueo

Have they done anything to make keeping the grip to face angle square? I extended the nome once and it took me 2ninutes to get the grip square only to realize it was still 1inch short. Took me another 2minutes. Never tried it again after that.

A small groove along the shaft that wood keep the grip aligned would solve that.

• SPY VIP

Have they done anything to make keeping the grip to face angle square? I extended the nome once and it took me 2ninutes to get the grip square only to realize it was still 1inch short. Took me another 2minutes. Never tried it again after that.

A small groove along the shaft that wood keep the grip aligned would solve that.

It's still fully rotational. It seems to work best if you just make it loose, then square it.

Volvo Intorqueo

• 1 month later...

Just put the B60 version in the bag, but I've little chance to use it much because of the weather. I used the Scottsdale version last season and loved it. Mine has the adjustable shaft and I'm using the AVS over size grip (on both versions). I like the grip as it keeps my wrists quiet.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

Archived