Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What you dislike or find is annoying on the course?

Undershooter

Not to self: don't wear my skinny jeans while playing with Bogey  :(

Kidding - my fat a$$ would rip skinny jeans.

tight jeans........ i can stomach. When you try to put your 40 inch waist into a pair of Oakley golf slacks that are size 36: I can tell your heart rate at 50 yards and I keep waiting to see how long they will maintain structural integrity. 

I have a 38 inch waist and weigh in at 230 lbs. So what do I do? Put my big A** in size 38 slacks or shorts!

Wow.....didnt realize this does work me up as much as it does. 

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guilty :blush:

Waiting for a green to clear on a par 5 is the quickest way to guarantee I'm going to hit it fat. 

I, too, have committed this sin...... 

I just put the 3W back in the bag, grab a 5 iron and swing away. (most of the time  :blush: )

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

tight jeans........ i can stomach. When you try to put your 40 inch waist into a pair of Oakley golf slacks that are size 36: I can tell your heart rate at 50 yards and I keep waiting to see how long they will maintain structural integrity. 

I have a 38 inch waist and weigh in at 230 lbs. So what do I do? Put my big A** in size 38 slacks or shorts!

Wow.....didnt realize this does work me up as much as it does. 

LOL this is great!

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Slow play and bloody ball marks on the bloody green.  :mad:

Oh, and the a**hats that spit their sunflower seed kernels on the green...ffs, that's just gross.

I REALLY don't understand why people spit sunflower seed kernels on the green.  Why should I have to pick up something that came out of someone's mouth?  I played a course last year that had a sign in the clubhouse at check-in that said NO SUNFLOWER SEEDS!  My course is bad, but that course was equally bad, so signs don't work.  When I retire, I am seriously considering getting a chair and sitting near the #5 green at my club after the morning mow and watching groups play through.  I want to find out who the a**holes are that spit seeds on the green.  I can also say to people: "Nice shot... why didn't you fix that ball mark?"  I am trying to think of things to do when I retire.  How am I doing so far?  :)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I REALLY don't understand why people spit sunflower seed kernels on the green.  Why should I have to pick up something that came out of someone's mouth?  I played a course last year that had a sign in the clubhouse at check-in that said NO SUNFLOWER SEEDS!  My course is bad, but that course was equally bad, so signs don't work.  When I retire, I am seriously considering getting a chair and sitting near the #5 green at my club after the morning mow and watching groups play through.  I want to find out who the a**holes are that spit seeds on the green.  I can also say to people: "Nice shot... why didn't you fix that ball mark?"  I am trying to think of things to do when I retire.  How am I doing so far?   :)

The sunflower seeds made me think of another. Finding cigarette butts all over the course. I HATE cigarettes (sorry to those who partake) but I can put up with it outside on the course. However,  I've seen so many people just flick it onto the tee box or the fringe of the green. THROW IT AWAY IN A TRASH CAN...THERES ONE ON EVERY HOLE!

Beer cans strewn into the woods/everywhere. Lazy effing drunks.

Sunflower seeds.

Driving carts where they don't belong and causing damage.

People whose buddies have poor ettiquette and don't say anything to them.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

I love that guy. But that one time I hit this 3wood so pure I swear it went 295. We better wait just to be safe.

Taking about that guy whom I followed all day that I know has no chance in h3ll to reach the green.....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Unless she waggles like Rene Russo.

yeah, but I have NEVER been that lucky.

Hell, i would gladly shoot 20 over par to see that.........

:blush:

Forgot that I already do.    nevermind

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

Just guessing... we all hate slow play, and there is nothing we can do about it when the course is full; sit back, relax, have a drink, take in the scenery, whatever you have to do to enjoy the round and have as much fun as possible.  Right?  So, one of my biggest peeves is a guy behind me that thinks he can move me along a little faster by continually landing his ball just behind me (or right next to me) when I am taking my second shot.  There is nothing worse than hearing a ball land anywhere nearby, especially when you have been hit by a ball like I have.  I am not a long hitter, but I am not a slow player either.  If it happens once, I expect an apology.  If I don't get one and it happens again, that brand new ProV1 is headed for the trees ("I don't understand it.  Must have hit my cart and bounced into the woods.  Maybe next time you should wait until we get a little further ahead before teeing off.").

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just guessing... we all hate slow play, and there is nothing we can do about it when the course is full; sit back, relax, have a drink, take in the scenery, whatever you have to do to enjoy the round and have as much fun as possible. Right? So, one of my biggest peeves is a guy behind me that thinks he can move me along a little faster by continually landing his ball just behind me (or right next to me) when I am taking my second shot. There is nothing worse than hearing a ball land anywhere nearby, especially when you have been hit by a ball like I have. I am not a long hitter, but I am not a slow player either. If it happens once, I expect an apology. If I don't get one and it happens again, that brand new ProV1 is headed for the trees ("I don't understand it. Must have hit my cart and bounced into the woods. Maybe next time you should wait until we get a little further ahead before teeing off.").

I have no patience for people hitting into other groups. I agree, once, you better apologize. The second time I'm hitting that ball as far from my current position into the woods as I can. Now this has only happened a few times but if it happens a third time, I fire back without hesitation.

I have no patience for people hitting into other groups. I agree, once, you better apologize. The second time I'm hitting that ball as far from my current position into the woods as I can. Now this has only happened a few times but if it happens a third time, I fire back without hesitation.

I have only had one time when a person actually landed a ball on the green while I was putting!  Unbelievable!

Yall are both very kind not to hit it back in their direction lol

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

No I do. I'll tee their own ball up in the fairway. Haha.

I am actually guilty of losing it one and doing just that. We were playing at a Semi-private here in the area. I knew the group behind us were members. They were in their own custom cart.

for three straight holes they had hit up on us, once rolling to within about 3 feet of my wife. on the fourth hole my second shot on the par 5 somehow seemed to end up just off the right side of the fairway in the 2nd cut.  As i am transitioning from back-swing to forward,  i hear a crack as a ball from these A**hats hits the side of my cart and ricochets into my shin. My wife, knowing my temper, began to attempt to calm me down (the steam from my ears was a giveaway). 

I calmly told her that it "was all good". I calmly picked up the ball that hit me. walked back over to the cart and replaced my three wood (which I might have hit 180----yes, see above) and looked back down the fairway at the offending group. they were all sitting in the carts side by side waiting to see if anything was gonna happen. I held the ball aloft in an "is this yours?" gesture. 

to which I was answered with a hands out to the sides "Duh!" gesture. I (calmly mind you) nodded. dropped the ball at my feet knowing the slope of the ground would take it a few feet towards the fairway. When i looked back up, the offenders were all smiling like they had just swallowed the

canary. My wife , thinking the incident was over, got into the cart, watching me over her shoulder. I (yet again, calmly) reached into my bag for my 3 iron. Without pausing or even so much as a "F*$@ You" waggle, addressed the ball and swung for the fences to mix a metaphor. I was just SURE I would send the ball over the heads of the current pains in my A**, and shin. 

Just as with the previously mentioned 3 wood, I did NOT get the desired ball flight from my swing. 

I DID however hit a laser about 180yds and 2 feet off the deck. The beautifully mishit ball ricocheted off the dead center of (what I tell myself) was the perpetrators cart. Looking at the shock on four faces looking back at me was more rewarding then I can describe. 

I replaced my club, and got into the cart....thats right: calmly. 

I was feelin pretty good about myself until I looked over at my wife who only had one word to say to me: "dumbass". 

I quickly felt that I was and proceeded to finish the hole. 

I was NOT however, burdened with seeing the following group the rest of the round. 

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

They got bogeyed.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

For me this applies not only to the golf course but every day life -- I have a hard time with know-it-alls and overly negative people.  This is particularly trying in golf - I have no idea why people feel the need to piss is someone else's cornflakes! 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The sunflower seeds made me think of another. Finding cigarette butts all over the course. I HATE cigarettes (sorry to those who partake) but I can put up with it outside on the course. However,  I've seen so many people just flick it onto the tee box or the fringe of the green. THROW IT AWAY IN A TRASH CAN...THERES ONE ON EVERY HOLE!

The cigarette butts PO me a lot, particularly since I'm a smoker.  I keep portable ashtrays in my bag and "police" any butts I find.

Most people these days don't smoke and providing them reasons to dislike smoking even more than they already do, is just stupid :(

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I was reminded of another one yesterday...

The clueless grounds crew.  We had the course grounds crew for our first 4 holes yesterday - that was amazing enough given that we tee'd off at 12:35 and the course was packed.  It was doubly amazing given that the course was in at best okay shape - They had more people out working than any place I've ever seen - but they were oblivious to what was going on around them - packed course, peak season, and I'm 30 yards off the green on number 1 while the guy is smoothing the sand in the bunker between me and the hole and he's taking forever - really? 

Oh I'm sorry, I thought I saw all 4 balls come up or over the green -

No wonder the round took 5 hours - it wasn't the golfers, it was the grounds crew that was causing the delays.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I was reminded of another one yesterday...

The clueless grounds crew.  We had the course grounds crew for our first 4 holes yesterday - that was amazing enough given that we tee'd off at 12:35 and the course was packed.  It was doubly amazing given that the course was in at best okay shape - They had more people out working than any place I've ever seen - but they were oblivious to what was going on around them - packed course, peak season, and I'm 30 yards off the green on number 1 while the guy is smoothing the sand in the bunker between me and the hole and he's taking forever - really? 

Oh I'm sorry, I thought I saw all 4 balls come up or over the green -

No wonder the round took 5 hours - it wasn't the golfers, it was the grounds crew that was causing the delays.

I had a run in with a groundskeeper last year! We were playing at par 3 and 2 of us came up short. So during our approach shot the mower was mowing the sort of fairway behind us which was sort of annoying but he was far enough away it wasn't too bad.

Now we're on the green. He had idle'd the mower for a second as one of us was putting. Well apparently we were taking too long as he just started mowing the fringe of the green right next to as as we were putting. I mentioned earlier that not much bothers me but a mower running full bore 3 feet away from me is one thing that does. It was so bad that I started yelling at this guy (mind you - like Bogey - I tend to be a very clam person). All he did was shrug at me and keep going. Well this completely set me off. I'm not one to generally say things about an employee of anywhere thats probably going to get them in trouble unless its to this point. 

So I call the clubhouse and tell them about it. They get my information and tell me that head groundskeeper is going to call me so he can figure out. Head groundskeeper calls me just a minute later, I describe the guy and what hole he was on, and he just starts laughing. At this point I'm completely confused. Well turns out that the guy that did this had quit that morning but said he would finish his duty's for the day. Apparently when you quit its ok to be an A**HOLE then...

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that it is exceedingly difficult to be on the grounds crew at a golf course - on top of your duties you have to be mindful of the players on the course many of whom are looking for a built in excuse for their latest duff.

I'm fine when they are doing their job and trying to stay out of the way even if its pretty impossible with heavy equipment. 

But a situation like this one where the guy is going out of his way to be a d....ck or the one that we encountered yesterday where the crew was out at noon on Friday during peak season?  That's unreal - 

Frankly I think the course should have sent Severtheties a complimentary drink.  In our case it was costing them money, the course was slowed by the crew which meant they couldn't get as many groups off. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

At least he has a divot pattern that won't annoy TIBA_putt!!!

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Poor etiquette?

Playing music at an audible volume you can hear outside the cart

Not fixing divots on the green or sanding yours in the fairway if the course provides sand.

Poor patterns on the range. Learn how to do so or don't use the range

Throwing cigarette butts on the ground

Spitting sunflower seeds on the green or tee box.

Leaving your broken tees on the tee box between the tee markers.

Not using the garbage cans provided.

Yelling to others in your group across the fairway, especially when holes are adjacent.

You want to go to a club while you play? Go to Top Golf

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

how about unsolicited  tip man?

The guy who gives you a really awful tip... every few holes... as he shoots 100+.

Slow play is a big one... but only if it's one group and not the entire course being packed.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Hey guys check out what the range at one of my courses looked like this passed weekend, I nearly had a stroke.20150329_173536.jpg

WOW, just WOW.  Pretty sure the "super" is not pleased with it either

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

WOW, just WOW.  Pretty sure the "super" is not pleased with it either

I'm sure he isn't but I don't understand how it got that bad in less than a week. The range had been closed for over a week and didn't open until last thursday and it got that bad that fast. I'm dumbfounded....

Hey guys check out what the range at one of my courses looked like this passed weekend, I nearly had a stroke.attachicon.gif20150329_173536.jpg

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

Archived