In Hand Pics! - TaylorMade & KBS Limited Edition "Season Opener Inspired" Wedge

• SPY VIP

xtp_wedge_masters_hero.jpg.pagespeed.ic.9Ra3XDDGTT.jpg

It's been a bit of a down year as far as Limited Edition Masters gear goes. It's been pretty much business as usual (green grips, green socks, etc.), and apart from Cobra's Green BiO Cell not much has garnered (nor deserved) much attention.

You can make a case for TaylorMade's Vault-only "Season Opener Inspired" Tour Preferred Wedge. I think TaylorMade mailed it in a bit on the wedge itself (no green and yellow paint fill, standard black ferrule), but the KBS team did a solid job creating a shaft that fit the theme without going completely over the top. 

2.jpg

We've covered the KBS Custom shafts before, so it's not the first time we've seen the white shaft from KBS, but that doesn't make it any less cool. For the Masters...errr...I mean season opener, KBS added a green and yellow shaft band. Each shaft is individually numbered, with the total count limited to 100. 

The wedge is available now through the TaylorMade Vault for $175.

3.jpg

Here are the details from The TaylorMade Vault:

With the upcoming launch of the new TaylorMade Tour Preferred Wedge, we partnered with KBS to offer a unique, Season Opener inspired Wedge.

The shaft is white with a unique green & yellow KBS custom shaft band. Only 100 of these are being offered and each shaft is individually numbered xx of 100. This limited edition, KBS custom series shaft maximizes energy transfer for increased shot control while still producing a smooth, responsive feel. For players desiring shot versatility and mid trajectory in their wedge game, it's the ideal combination. Our custom department put on a Limited Edition Golf Pride New Decade Green/Platinum to stick with the Season Opener theme. This is a very limited product as we celebrate the launch of our Tour Preferred Wedge and the unofficial start of the golf season!

4.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

From what I heard it sold out in a few minutes.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

It looks nice

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

• SPY VIP

TaylorMade KBS Masters Wedge-3.jpg

Last Friday, just as I was sitting down to watch The Masters, I received an unexpected surprise (in a TaylorMade box).

It's my very own Limited Edition Tour Preferred Wedge. You know it's mine because they put my name on it. And they actually spelled it right, which is nice.

TaylorMade KBS Masters Wedge-6.jpg

Let's call these Limited Edition things what they are...paint and packaging. Nevertheless, this one is well done. The white shaft is subtle, but the label conveys the message. 

Golf Pride's New Decade Platinum LE Green Grip is the perfect compliment to the rest of the package. I could argue that TaylorMade could have done something with paintfill or stamping, but that's not something they've historically shown off, so you know....

TaylorMade KBS Masters Wedge-7.jpg

TaylorMade KBS Masters Wedge-1.jpg

TaylorMade KBS Masters Wedge-2.jpg

TaylorMade KBS Masters Wedge-4.jpg

TaylorMade KBS Masters Wedge-5.jpg

TaylorMade KBS Masters Wedge-8.jpg

TaylorMade KBS Masters Wedge-9.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Any plans for a review of their new wedges?  After seeing them at the Kingdom and I've been very curious how they perform.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Micro Perf Face???

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Archived