hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Saw a Callaway Rogue Driver w/Aldila Quantura shaft in 10.5* for $250. The shaft is Senior flex. Is it worth it?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I did not upgrade from Epic to Rogue as the gains weren’t there for me but it is a solid driver. Prices like new for that exact combo on Callaway’s preowned site are $20 to $30 higher in a like new condition. Depends on how much you like it if it is worth it. I just got a Rogue Sub Zero three wood that I bought for the shaft and once I hit it with the Rogue head my Epic SZ is off to the club room....and man I loved that three wood. The fitter that was watching me hit balls today said I was nuts if I pulled the head.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

On 2/7/2019 at 10:50 PM, djahubes said:

Ok,I am an addict. I need to stop reading this forum and watching YouTube, although I love the content over at TXG. So there I was, content with my TS3 setup. Hit the F9 at a top 100 fitter, was impressed, but not enough to buy. Fast forward to all the hype around the Ventus shaft. Figured what the hell, I have a bunch of stuff to sell/trade in, should be no out of pocket expense. Well looking around the interwebs, I happen across JDs custom clubs. What do you know, cobra F9, Fujikura Ventus 6s, $549........so I caved. WTF.

As an aside. Called Fujikura, and they couldn’t recommend JDs more. He’s based in Minnesota and so far the communication and experience has been off the charts. If you are in the market for new stuff,check it out. His prices are crazy competitive.

https://www.jdsclubs.com

He lives about 10 minutes from me.  I've met up with him a couple times to buy stuff and he gave a sweet deal paying cash and no shipping.

He can get just about anything as well.

• Like 2

I've been holding off on pulling the TS2 trigger.  I dont even want to go hit the F9. 

So over/under on how long until one/both are purchased??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw a Callaway Rogue Driver w/Aldila Quantura shaft in 10.5* for $250. The shaft is Senior flex. Is it worth it?

I mean....if you’re looking for justification I think you always know you’ll find it here haha. Shafts are easy enough to swap if you don’t like it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

So over/under on how long until one/both are purchased?? emoji16.png

Ha. Well I am going to a Team Titleist event in Pinehurst in April.  So smart money would be on TS2 and take the under 6 weeks line 🤣

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Ha. Well I am going to a Team Titleist event in Pinehurst in April.  So smart money would be on TS2 and take the under 6 weeks line 🤣

We should play a game of "what happens first". I buy a Scotty or you get a TS2...lol. Good news is if neither works out for us....I know of a Golf Galaxy parking lot if you want to meet for a swap!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

We should play a game of "what happens first". I buy a Scotty or you get a TS2...lol. Good news is if neither works out for us....I know of a Golf Galaxy parking lot if you want to meet for a swap!

LOL!! Definitley a hot spot for deals to go down 😂

• Like 1

I did not upgrade from Epic to Rogue as the gains weren’t there for me but it is a solid driver. Prices like new for that exact combo on Callaway’s preowned site are $20 to $30 higher in a like new condition. Depends on how much you like it if it is worth it. I just got a Rogue Sub Zero three wood that I bought for the shaft and once I hit it with the Rogue head my Epic SZ is off to the club room....and man I loved that three wood. The fitter that was watching me hit balls today said I was nuts if I pulled the head.

Been debating if I’m going to move on to a Rogue driver -especially with price drops with the new drivers out this year.
I currently have TM M2 D-Type stiff that is just about a year old. I got the RogueX 4H last year and LOVE it. It was a natural fit for me - straight , nice distance, love the look, etc. Just need to change the grip but I’m almost afraid to change it since everything works for now.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 2:26 PM, RookieBlue7 said:

When you go in PGA Superstore for a couple shoe bags and leave with a TS3 fairway, clothes, a new umbrella, bag and some trinkets... SMFH... thank god they’re renovating and don’t have the full selection and preowned... That’s what shopping the day before a golf trip gets you

They say the first step is acceptance. Well done sir... 

• Like 1

I just purchased an Evnroll ER5 from budget golf. The price with the code was too good to pass up especially when everybody has been saying they show up with the plastic still on.

P.S. Thanks for the push @GolfSpy STUDque

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3
  • Love 1

My wife got a new Greg Norman golf shirt at Goodwill for $4

• Like 3

Just scored a Callaway Rogue 8 iron Brand New still in the plastic for $33. Standard length/lie with stock steel shaft. Can’t wait to test it out come Spring and compare it to my Ol’ Faithfuls. (A set of Acer XK Irons from 2006-2007) Should be interesting to see how much performance can be gained with modern day irons. I know theoretically they will probably perform better, but the question is will there be enough improvement to justify buying new irons soon. (With the understanding hitting just the rogue iron isn’t a large test pool to compare modern irons to my high-school-sweethearts. )

• Like 1

My local golf shop occasionally discounts their FootJoy polos 50% off. Yesterday while toying with the Stroke Lab Tuttle I walked past a rack of just sized Large FJ’s and I had a brain fart. Today I went back and picked up three of them at half off with a nice gift card from Santa.

I finally found a shirt to wear that doesn’t feel like a straight jacket and holds up in the laundry.

• Like 3

Found a nice eBay find.  917 f2 3 wood with a stiff shaft fujikura pro 84 tour spec.  Includes some additional weights, tool, and headcover for $70.  Excited to put this in play as I've gone from 2 hybrid to driver without anything in between for the past 5 years.

• Like 4

After cracking my old driver, Taylormade sldr, decided to update to a Taylormade m3 440. Found a nip for $275 with a upgraded shaft. Got to love eBay. Looking forward to see how technology has improved over the past few years.

• Like 1

Small purchase, but needed a some new golf gloves to start the season.  Typically I'll buy 6 Footjoy StaSofs and find them to be around $14 bucks each when buying in bulk.  This time I thought I'd give the MG dynagrip elite gloves a try.  They only run 9 bucks each and I've read great things about them so I bought a couple to try out.

• Like 1

My new Sub70 wedges showed up today!

my new sketchers after ONE round this morning. All the rains here in California have made my track a mess,

A1FBE0C3-D285-4535-A5CB-2DA9F3470295.jpeg

1F524657-E793-480D-BAEE-3A22A54F1C7B.jpeg

465B642E-22F0-4694-A5C9-3E3F28CF7CB4.jpeg

• Like 7

How about what I didn't buy.....  Walked in to the little golf shop nearby this morning and they had brand new Ping Hoofer and Pioneer bags, as well as Callaway Org 14 bags, for $100 off.  Probably 40 or 50 bags total.  They were expecting them to sell out this morning.

I'm exhausted from the exertion of willpower required to not walk out with one.

• Like 3