Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

PA/MD/VA/DC/WV/NJ/NY Meet Up

jbil8802

18th works here, I could get us out anywhere from 11:30 until 2:40   Let me know if that works for you guys and if so I'll make the tee time.    

Any tee time between those times is fine with me.    So let's go with what is best for ddryan.  

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any tee time between those times is fine with me.    So let's go with what is best for ddryan.  

Sounds good to me, I'll wait and see what time works for him, then I'll book a foursome....allowing room for someone else to join in if they can make it.....Hint hint...MDGolfHacker!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Ddryan, im fairfax county, Herndon to be exact. We should meet up and play sometime

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

absolutely. Couple of busy weeks for me but schedule settles down after 1 Oct. let's figure something out.

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Sounds good to me, I'll wait and see what time works for him, then I'll book a foursome....allowing room for someone else to join in if they can make it.....Hint hint...MDGolfHacker!!

Lets go with 2:40 so I can work half a day and not feel like I am leaving too early!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Putter MLA Pro Classic

Lets go with 2:40 so I can work half a day and not feel like I am leaving too early!

Sounds good. I'll try and remember to book the time when I get in on Monday. Bit Studque can vouch that my memory is fuzzy

So don't hesitate to drop me a reminder Momday. Ha

Don't think I haven't been following this thread ☺️ but I'm on jury duty that week so I'll have to bow out 🙁 have fun guys!

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

So, STUDque made the trek from the eastern shore to Arlington, VA, and we got in a great round. We both shot pretty well on the front, a bit less well on the back, but both ended up in the low 80's - good for me and great for STUDque who never played our course before.

Good lunch and camaraderie afterwards, and a quick snap from the balcony of the club, overlooking Red 9 and down into DC and the Washington Monument- Great day-

STUDque, thanks for making the drive up- looking forward to getting down your way later this fall or in the spring...

Plano, Carolina Golfer, need to get you two along next time!

attachicon.gifEnrique and Drew 2.jpg

A little bush league that drew didn't shoot an invitation this way!!!

I'm up for the 18th. Let me know.

So Dave, if you can get off, I will tell  Carolina to make the reservation for 4.  We are playing at Compass Pointe, up near Baltimore. Can you get away?  Regarding STUDque, he came up last weekend and played at Arlington with the Wilson Staff...didnt play in the stableford, but won a couple of bucks on trash... We had a great time

Weren't you playing with Jake that day?

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

So Dave, if you can get off, I will tell Carolina to make the reservation for 4. We are playing at Compass Pointe, up near Baltimore. Can you get away? Regarding STUDque, he came up last weekend and played at Arlington with the Wilson Staff...didnt play in the stableford, but won a couple of bucks on trash... We had a great time

Was in SoCal getting crushed by the heat.

Not sure about Monday, may be a tough sell. For some reason thought the 28th was Sunday.

It is a Monday, but it is the 18th, not the 28th. 

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

We've got a spot for you if you can make it!!

So Dave, if you can get off, I will tell  Carolina to make the reservation for 4.  We are playing at Compass Pointe, up near Baltimore. Can you get away?  Regarding STUDque, he came up last weekend and played at Arlington with the Wilson Staff...didnt play in the stableford, but won a couple of bucks on trash... We had a great time

OK, tee time all set.   The best I could do in the afternoon is 2:20 on Monday the 18th.   (ddryan sent you a PM about it) .  

Hopefully that works for everyone, let me know.  

Carolina, Wahoo and ddryan are on board- what about you djahubes?  2:20 on Monday the 18th.  Compass Point...

If not, first Spy to jump in makes the 4th...

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

Carolina, Wahoo and ddryan are on board- what about you djahubes?  2:20 on Monday the 18th.  Compass Point...

If not, first Spy to jump in makes the 4th...

What he said ^^^

So we're gonna be in Philly next week for work and the boss wants us to bring the sticks. Anyone up that way have any course recommendations?

Thanks to ddryan's brother Chris's recommendation, we got a round in at River Winds. It was a great time on a beautiful course.

Thanks for the tip! The guys loved it.

IMG_5062.JPGIMG_5063.JPGIMG_5060.JPG

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Really looking forward to our round on Monday.   One of my golf buds has a summer place in Bayside.   Now that his kids are back in school, my buds and I will be making our annual September buddy trip for some eastern shore golf.   Therefore, I will be away from this site tomorrow through Sunday.   Monday morning, when  I check the site, I would be great to see that we have a fourth.  

Well...Wahoo I hate to keep a good man waiting.  We do have a fourth.

As much as I wish I could say it was another spy.  it is one of the members here.  He his usual group is away for a couple weeks and he asked me today if I had planned on playing on Monday or Tuesday.   I told him, "funny you should ask" and filled him in.    He's happy to join us.

He plays in our Wednesday night league, and we have been paired several times this year.   A really nice guy, he'd be a welcome addition to MGS, so we will have to work on him Monday.   I can't wait for you to see him play.

He'll hate that I did this, but his swings  looks a little bit like this.  A very old style swing where he gets his whole body moving in sync.  It really is a smooth thing to see.  he's 72 and gets it out there around 240 or so.  Very solid game. 

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-adk-adk_sbnt&hsimp=yhs-adk_sbnt&hspart=adk&p=video+of+sam+snead+swing#id=11&vid=863f75327ed311fbb374b0b895846e99&action=click

CG and Wahoo,  I am very much looking forward to this afternoon.  Gonna be thinking of it all morning (probably not good for my work production, but things are not too crazy right now, so...)  Actually played fairly well yesterday- 38 on the front 9, but lost focus and concentration, and left a few putts out there, resulting in a 46 on the back- ouch...so I am looking to make it up today!  See you all there!

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

CG and Wahoo, I am very much looking forward to this afternoon. Gonna be thinking of it all morning (probably not good for my work production, but things are not too crazy right now, so...) Actually played fairly well yesterday- 38 on the front 9, but lost focus and concentration, and left a few putts out there, resulting in a 46 on the back- ouch...so I am looking to make it up today! See you all there!

DD...Definitly should be a fun time. I just realized this morning, that I haven't played 18 holes at my course in probably two months. Lots of 9 hole rounds a couple staff scrambles and several away 18 hole rounds. But not here. So I'm looking forward to it.

You can stop by my office before checking in if you want. It's just to the right after you come in the main (front door).

I'll head to the range about 2:00 to loosen up this old body!!

CG and Wahoo,  I am very much looking forward to this afternoon.  Gonna be thinking of it all morning (probably not good for my work production, but things are not too crazy right now, so...)  Actually played fairly well yesterday- 38 on the front 9, but lost focus and concentration, and left a few putts out there, resulting in a 46 on the back- ouch...so I am looking to make it up today!  See you all there!

DD...Definitly should be a fun time. I just realized this morning, that I haven't played 18 holes at my course in probably two months. Lots of 9 hole rounds a couple staff scrambles and several away 18 hole rounds. But not here. So I'm looking forward to it.

You can stop by my office before checking in if you want. It's just to the right after you come in the main (front door).

I'll head to the range about 2:00 to loosen up this old body!!

You all have a blast today and DD, take it easy on those old guys.....   :D 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

CG and DD:

This afternoon can't come soon enough, really looking forward to seeing and playing golf with ya'll.    Also looking forward to making a new golf buddy with Carolina's league friend.   Based on my recent play, perhaps, I should take this opportunity to apologize for what ya'll will most likely witness.   But golf and women, even when they sometimes can be ugly, they still can be fun.    

CG and DD:

This afternoon can't come soon enough, really looking forward to seeing and playing golf with ya'll.    Also looking forward to making a new golf buddy with Carolina's league friend.   Based on my recent play, perhaps, I should take this opportunity to apologize for what ya'll will most likely witness.   But golf and women, even when they sometimes can be ugly, they still can be fun.    

Wahoo...you forgot to add in the part, where that is said in your best Lou Holtz voice.  According to him his teams never had a chance, they were all playing a team that should win the national championship and his boys hadn't looked good in practice all week...yada yada  ;)

CG and DD:

Also to let you guys know, you'll be playing as my guest today as far as greens fees go.  They will ask you for a small cart fee at check in.  After all, we do have buy the gas for them  :(

Well...Wahoo I hate to keep a good man waiting. We do have a fourth.

As much as I wish I could say it was another spy. it is one of the members here. He his usual group is away for a couple weeks and he asked me today if I had planned on playing on Monday or Tuesday. I told him, "funny you should ask" and filled him in. He's happy to join us.

He plays in our Wednesday night league, and we have been paired several times this year. A really nice guy, he'd be a welcome addition to MGS, so we will have to work on him Monday. I can't wait for you to see him play.

He'll hate that I did this, but his swings looks a little bit like this. A very old style swing where he gets his whole body moving in sync. It really is a smooth thing to see. he's 72 and gets it out there around 240 or so. Very solid game.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-adk-adk_sbnt&hsimp=yhs-adk_sbnt&hspart=adk&p=video+of+sam+snead+swing#id=11&vid=863f75327ed311fbb374b0b895846e99&action=click

WOW!!!! You guys are playing with "Slammin Sammy"??!!??

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

What an outstanding time!!!  CG and Wahoo were outstanding gentlemen, and gracious hosts.  We had an absolutely perfect afternoon- and the course to ourselves (although perhaps I should not say that - CG's boss might wonder why we were the only ones on the course!!!).

They were gentle on me, CG paying more attention to guiding me then his own game, and Wahoo- well, we have a new name for him... Steady Eddie!!!  He doesnt hit it as far as me, but that means not as far left or right... suffice to say he never saw anything but short grass... and only needed his putter about half a dozen times because he just chips so well-  I told him that If we had been playing for any money, he better have taken AMEX!!!

Thanks guys, really enjoyed it- I wish I knew why the images show up upside down?  I was not standing on my head when I took them!!

More about the round later- and a new thread coming, based on CG's recommendation... MTF...

IMG_1167.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG

IMG_1170.JPG

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

Here. It was making my head hurt trying to see these so I rotated the pics. Yes I have a problem.

QfzXgd9.jpg

wAUVFfD.jpg

u2VDiBV.jpg

No matter how many times I rotate the pics, Wahoo still looks backwards.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

WOW!!!! You guys are playing with "Slammin Sammy"??!!??

He was supposed to join us. But he had a change of plans at the last minute. So we didn't have the pleasure.

Ddryan...,it was such a great time with you two. I think it would be have been fun to watch a match between you and Wahoo. With your natural game and his short game. It would be quite a match.

I unfortunately showed up with my F game. What a time for my worst round of the year. But hey it didn't dampen my mood at all because it was such good conversation and a good time.

For the record, I did have the other course fully booked with an outing. So this one was open to public play. But the public sure missed out on a beautiful day.

Here. It was making my head hurt trying to see these so I rotated the pics. Yes I have a problem. QfzXgd9.jpgwAUVFfD.jpgu2VDiBV.jpg

No matter how many times I rotate the pics, Wahoo still looks backwards.

ROFLMAO

Also, I'm not positive. But I think I'm pretty sure, my finish position in that photo isn't one that Michael Breed teaches😣😱😱

He was supposed to join us. But he had a change of plans at the last minute. So we didn't have the pleasure.

Sorry, meant Sam Snead from that vid link .. not your other friend.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Archived