Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Big News! MGS Forum To Visit Bridgestone HQ

Just received a bit of news. Looks like Matt Kuchar will be putting the new JGR driver in play, either this week or next.

So Kooch and Sneds are playing game improvement drivers !

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Doesn't everyone want game improvement... even pros?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't everyone want game improvement... even pros?

Nah I'm stubborn and want to struggle with my pretty clubs haha

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

This is really cool.

Fat kid in candy store popped in my head as I read this thread lol.

Good time to wear the ole mc hammer pants?

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

This is really cool.

Fat kid in candy store popped in my head as I read this thread lol.

Good time to wear the ole mc hammer pants?

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

I resemble that remark...

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I resemble that remark...

You're not alone in that store haha

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Make sure you guys have Periscope - will try to do some broadcasting during the visit. And will be tweeting up a storm!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Which periscope app?  There are several.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Which periscope app? There are several.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1457971062.179137.jpg

This is the one. There are lots of add-on apps for Periscope, but this is the one you'll need.

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

We'll be having a couple of sit-downs with product managers, so please let me know what questions you have about Bridgestone clubs and balls, the fitting process, their R&D, etc.  

This is gonna be a hoot!!

John,

I have a question about the JGR Hybrid irons.  Why do the gaps between clubs start at 6* between the PW1/PW2 and drop one degree between clubs until there is only 2 degrees loft difference between the 6/7?  It seems to me that there should be bigger gaps between less lofted clubs.

6 24°

7 26°

8 29°

9 33° 

PW 1 38°

PW 2 44°

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just received a bit of news. Looks like Matt Kuchar will be putting the new JGR driver in play, either this week or next.

So Kooch and Sneds are playing game improvement drivers !

Beat Kuch to it. Just bought it tonight!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458002432.863681.jpg

Driver: Epic Flash 9* with UST V2 5F4 shaft

Fairway Woods: EF 3W and Rogue Heavenwood

Hybrid: 2019 BB 4Hybrid

Irons: Tour B H1 Hybrid Forged Irons 6-AW with Recoil shafts

Wedge: Callaway Mack Daddy 54* -PM Grind 2.0 wedge, 58*

Putter: Toulon Garage Atlanta

John,

I have a question about the JGR Hybrid irons. Why do the gaps between clubs start at 6* between the PW1/PW2 and drop one degree between clubs until there is only 2 degrees loft difference between the 6/7? It seems to me that there should be bigger gaps between less lofted clubs.

6 24°

7 26°

8 29°

9 33°

PW 1 38°

PW 2 44°

So I have these set of irons and I will tell the just that 2° and the length of the club makes 10 yard difference. They are an amazing set of irons. I'm 30 yrds further with these irons.

So I have these set of irons and I will tell the just that 2° and the length of the club makes 10 yard difference. They are an amazing set of irons. I'm 30 yrds further with these irons.

That's interesting. I'm scheduled to try these in a couple of weeks. If those 2* gives a 10 yard gap, how does the high lofted clubs give you a decent gap with 6* difference? I get 12 yards difference with my wedges that have 4* gaps.

Definitely weird loft gaps. But hey, if they work they work. Good luck with the driver looking forward to hearing how you like it.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I have about a 15 yard difference between P1 & P2. All I can tell you that they are unlike anything you have hit on the past.

Here is a video in Japanese of someone hitting the 7i then the 5i. It's in Japanese but they're using Trackman so they show yardage.

http://youtu.be/hMKYk9XRQLM

He is a little longer one but stay with it. There is 3 seniors just hammering away

http://youtu.be/LREd5AUPhro

That JGR driver looks sweet!

I hit this twice and out drove my BB Alpha 815 by 30 yards. More carry, more roll, faster ball speed and faster club speed. It was a no brainier.

I've gotten to try some of their gear in the past and they know what their doing on irons at least. Just hard to get access to and when you can they get really pricey. Exclude those two factors and I'd give them a fair shot against my Nike gear

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

He is a little longer one but stay with it. There is 3 seniors just hammering away

Those aren't seniors!  They are kids!!   :)

Those aren't seniors! They are kids!! :)

Ok " Champions Tour Players"

Ok " Champions Tour Players"

Happy Birthday!  Oh, so you are included in the Champions Tour player group.  Welcome, from a super senior!

I have yet to see any Bridgestone clubs at any store.

My question is:

How do you get people to switch or play your equipment, when 98% of the golf population can't get their hands on the equipment to give it a try?, all we hear is these are great, or I hit this one 30 yards further, but how can I see if I hit it 30 yards further if I can't get my hands on it, I can see a few yards, but 30 yards is a bit difficult to believe. I've hit 20 drivers in the last couple years, and the most I've seen in gain is about 5 -10 yards. I find it difficult to believe a 30 yard increase, but I will never find out because I don't have anywhere to try it.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I have yet to see any Bridgestone clubs at any store.

My question is:

How do you get people to switch or play your equipment, when 98% of the golf population can't get their hands on the equipment to give it a try?, all we hear is these are great, or I hit this one 30 yards further, but how can I see if I hit it 30 yards further if I can't get my hands on it, I can see a few yards, but 30 yards is a bit difficult to believe. I've hit 20 drivers in the last couple years, and the most I've seen in gain is about 5 -10 yards. I find it difficult to believe a 30 yard increase, but I will never find out because I don't have anywhere to try it.

I'm with you.  My Bridgestone dealer does not stock clubs; he says that he will order me anything I want, but I can do that so why do I need him.  At the end of the month I will be making a trip to Oregon (300 miles) to see my parents and Mmmmmbuddy at Fiddler's Green Golf Shop in Eugene says that he has the clubs.  So I will give them a try.  I seriously doubt that they will be significantly better than what I have, but if they surprise me, I might be coming home with new clubs!!

I'm with you.  My Bridgestone dealer does not stock clubs; he says that he will order me anything I want, but I can do that so why do I need him.  At the end of the month I will be making a trip to Oregon (300 miles) to see my parents and Mmmmmbuddy at Fiddler's Green Golf Shop in Eugene says that he has the clubs.  So I will give them a try.  I seriously doubt that they will be significantly better than what I have, but if they surprise me, I might be coming home with new clubs!!

Bridgestone's fully aware of their distribution challenges...you can read all about it here and here.  

The Test Drive program is far from perfect, but it's a fairly clever way of dealing with a problem that isn't going to be fixed easily. Shelf space is at a premium, and companies with Bridgestone's market share aren't really in the running.  I mean, if Nike has a hard time getting their full lineup on the shelf, Bridgestone has no chance.  So, do they pack up and quit, or do they try to figure out ways to get people who really want to demo their clubs the opportunity to demo their clubs?  

Market realities are what they are - the big guys have the shelf space and like to keep competitors out, and retailers don't like to stock stuff that the majority of their customers aren't asking for. Getting better distribution isn't as simple as saying "get better distribution." It's a Catch-22 for companies like Bridgestone and many others - makers of dynamite equipment but owners of small, often insignificant market share. Basically, if you want to play Bridgestone, you're going to have to work for it. If you don't, then I think they're okay with that.

One thing I learned during the process of writing the story, success to Bridgestone looks very different than it does to companies like Callaway or PING. For Bridgestone it's balls first and foremost - they're very good at it and they make a lot of money at it. Clubs are big for them in Japan and the rest of Asia - the Tour Stage brand (now rebranded Bridgestone) is one of the dominant players there. I get the sense that if the North American equipment market share gets out of the "Other" category, they'd consider it a big success.  

Their marketing guy, Corey Consuegra, says he hates the cliche "one golfer at a time," but says the reality is that's the approach they have to take, hence the Test Drive program. I really don't know what the future holds for the equipment side. Recent changes in their PR representation are a little puzzling - I hope to learn more on Thursday - but it's clear the focus is on balls and ball fitting since that's where the money is. They certainly don't "expect" anyone to buy their stuff without trying it - that's unrealistic and they  know that. They do what they can, but the reality is that unless you have a green grass account or a PGA SuperStore nearby, you either have to try the Test Drive program, or look at something else.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Bridgestone's fully aware of their distribution challenges...you can read all about it here and here.  

The Test Drive program is far from perfect, but it's a fairly clever way of dealing with a problem that isn't going to be fixed easily. Shelf space is at a premium, and companies with Bridgestone's market share aren't really in the running.  I mean, if Nike has a hard time getting their full lineup on the shelf, Bridgestone has no change.  So, do they pack up and quit, or do they try to figure out ways to get people who really want to demo their clubs the opportunity to demo their clubs?  

Market realities are what they are - the big guys have the shelf space and like to keep competitors out, and retailers don't like to stock stuff that the majority of their customers aren't asking for. Getting better distribution isn't as simple as saying "get better distribution." It's a Catch-22 for companies like Bridgestone and many others - makers of dynamite equipment but owners of small, often insignificant market share. Basically, if you want to play Bridgestone, you're going to have to work for it. If you don't, then I think they're okay with that.

One thing I learned during the process of writing the story, success to Bridgestone looks very different than it does to companies like Callaway or PING. For Bridgestone it's balls first and foremost - they're very good at it and they make a lot of money at it. Clubs are big for them in Japan and the rest of Asia - the Tour Stage brand (now rebranded Bridgestone) is one of the dominant players there. I get the sense that if the North American equipment market share gets out of the "Other" category, they'd consider it a big success.  

Their marketing guy, Corey Consuegra, says he hates the cliche "one golfer at a time," but says the reality is that's the approach they have to take, hence the Test Drive program. I really don't know what the future holds for the equipment side. Recent changes in their PR representation are a little puzzling - I hope to learn more on Thursday - but it's clear the focus is on balls and ball fitting since that's where the money is. They certainly don't "expect" anyone to buy their stuff without trying it - that's unrealistic and they  know that. They do what they can, but the reality is that unless you have a green grass account or a PGA SuperStore nearby, you either have to try the Test Drive program, or look at something else.

Nahhh...  Just come and see me on the way to Bandon Dunes.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I was waiting for the JGR irons to come out for more than a month. Actually bought used set of AP1's in the meantime. March 5th came, one day after the release and I went to the PGATSS grabbed an iron from the sales rack and I said "I want to hit this". I bang a 7i 160 yards on the third swing and said to the fitter "I want these clubs, get the rest of them from the rack"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458058321.954946.jpg

Traded in two sets of irons for these.

I didn't hesitate because I knew they only had one set. I actually overpaid by $50 and just got back yesterday on a price match. I bought the 5i and AW on EBay so that I have the complete set.

Just so you know. The shafts are long. They matched the GMax I had and they were a 1/2" long. And the heads are like 2* upright. Perfect set up for HH to keep from slicing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458059015.908472.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458059036.852456.jpg

I was waiting for the JGR irons to come out for more than a month. Actually bought used set of AP1's in the meantime. March 5th came, one day after the release and I went to the PGATSS grabbed an iron from the sales rack and I said "I want to hit this". I bang a 7i 160 yards on the third swing and said to the fitter "I want these clubs, get the rest of them from the rack"

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1458058321.954946.jpg

Traded in two sets of irons for these.

I didn't hesitate because I knew they only had one set. I actually overpaid by $50 and just got back yesterday on a price match. I bought the 5i and AW on EBay so that I have the complete set.

Just so you know. The shafts are long. They matched the GMax I had and they were a 1/2" long. And the heads are like 2* upright. Perfect set up for HH to keep from slicing.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1458059015.908472.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1458059036.852456.jpg

Whoa!  Upright!  Gotta get them to 3*flat, or to whatever flat from what they call standard.

What's the skinny on the periscope deal tomorrow? Is there a certain passcode or do we just flip thru all the stuff from the United Kingdom and other countries. I tried it today and it was full f other stuff.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

What's the skinny on the periscope deal tomorrow? Is there a certain passcode or do we just flip thru all the stuff from the United Kingdom and other countries. I tried it today and it was full f other stuff.

It'll be Thursday.  I think you need to follow me on Periscope -- or Twitter - and it should come up.  Search for me - @golfspybarbajo.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived