jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

It's time to move on from my backup set of Callaway Diablo Forgeds with KBS Tour 90's. Gonna search for a while but am leaning towards Srixon 545's or Titleist 714 AP1's. Or maybe Nike Forged 2.0's. Or TMaG RSi's...

This is gonna take a bit to sort out.

... I picked up some Nike Forged 2.0's to either add to my Nike Forged Combo's in the 4 and maybe 5 iron or shaft them for the Mrs. They were just a much larger head than I remembered, especially the short irons and had more offset than I am comfortable looking at. The 545 heads are much smaller with very little offset. So it depends on what you are looking for. I did hit the Forged 2.0 4i and it was very nice. 

• Like 2

It could be the bounce. But also don't discount some of the clubs with the V sole that allow you to hit different type shots from a variety of lies. And Vokey has a variety of different grinds that perform the Same way as the V sole.

Based on the The 5-Minute Wonder Wedge Fitting! blog entry I decided that I needed to try a lower bounce wedge.  Picked up an inexpensive used wedge to experiment and my chipping was like night and day.  I know bounce is your friend,  but took much can sometimes be a bad thing.  

• Like 1

Order few dozen new spikes to begin the winterizing process of the shoes. Plus a bulk bag of those hand warmers. Man those things work great.

Bring on the cold. I'm ready

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

As we edge into December with Christmas, and my 66th Birthday just weeks away, I don't need anything! I have new irons and wedges(Cobra F6) this year, New driver (Cobra King) new FW (Cobra Baffler & Bombtech 3W) new hybrid (Bombtech 21*) and now new putter (Scotty Cameron Kombi & Evnroll ER6). I have Snell, Wilson Staff & Bridgestone balls. I just need to figure out which combination to use.......help my MGS!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I have been looking at E-bay for some time, for SM6 Black with spinner shafts.

Picked up a 54* / 60* M grind with R spinners

Yeppy for me.

I'm anxiously awaiting my newly shafted Z545 irons... Went from i95 to 110! They will arrive aaaaaaaany day now, aaaaaany day now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm anxiously awaiting my newly shafted Z545 irons... Went from i95 to 110! They will arrive aaaaaaaany day now, aaaaaany day now!

Reshafted again? Why heavier?

Reshafted again? Why heavier?

Two words: increased consistency

Not exactly golf equipment however it could be a good accessory for those days when the back is acting up.. Has anyone ever heard of or tried one of these:

https://backalinebelt.com/pages/golf?cid=golf

Howdy, I've been a physical therapist for 10 years and wanted to check this out. I have never heard of it before, but that doesn't mean anything against the device.

As much as they used the term " Harvard Study", ( or Hardvard Study on their main page), this device was not tested/studied by Harvard, they applied info from a study that "a curved and firm surface" can provide proprioceptiive feedback, which means it helps to tell your body where it is in space.

(Also, it was the misappropriation of information of a "Harvard study" that led to the now defunct barefoot running fad).

I can see how the concept could work, because it's like wearing one of those posture chest/shoulder straps, you feel the pressure when your body gets out of alignment and touches the bracing, kinda like someone gently touching or poking your back if you slouch.

It uses you body's own feedback for positioning in space to try to correct your posture. I will say it's much better than an elastic brace that actually weakens your core.

While I appreciate that they are endorsed by osteopathic doctors, they refer to chiropractors as "physicians" multiple times, which is a very erroneous claim. I've had fantastic chiropractic care myself, but they are not physicians ( and neither are DPTs, the current entry level degree for my own profession), DOs and MDs are.

Any who, the concept could work, but you still need to strengthen and maintain the flexibility of your core muscles which include your pelvic floor ( that means kegels for us too gentlemen), glutes, obliques, spinal rotators and extenders ( 6 pack muscles actually do nothing for spine stability or strength) and while this will help give your body feedback, it puts you in the device's preferred alignment, not necessarily your spine's.

All that being said, I'd be interested to see how your symptoms change with its use, so if it helps ( or not), please do share. Golf swings, not matter how smooth and effortless they can appear, involve a ton a spinal movements and rotational motions tend to cause faster degenerative changes over time than most other movements.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Kept thinking about the Callaway apex hybrids. Was in goldsmith and picked up a 3&4 for $175 each. Then kept thinking I should have gotten the 5 as well. Long irons are my enemy. Just looking at my numbers, 10hcp, 115 mph driver swing, one would think I would be fine but it hurts my game. So I found a like new 5 hybrid for $150, can't wait to hit it this weekend!

• Like 1

Howdy, I've been a physical therapist for 10 years and wanted to check this out. I have never heard of it before, but that doesn't mean anything against the device.

As much as they used the term " Harvard Study", ( or Hardvard Study on their main page), this device was not tested/studied by Harvard, they applied info from a study that "a curved and firm surface" can provide proprioceptiive feedback, which means it helps to tell your body where it is in space.

(Also, it was the misappropriation of information of a "Harvard study" that led to the now defunct barefoot running fad).

I can see how the concept could work, because it's like wearing one of those posture chest/shoulder straps, you feel the pressure when your body gets out of alignment and touches the bracing, kinda like someone gently touching or poking your back if you slouch.

It uses you body's own feedback for positioning in space to try to correct your posture. I will say it's much better than an elastic brace that actually weakens your core.

While I appreciate that they are endorsed by osteopathic doctors, they refer to chiropractors as "physicians" multiple times, which is a very erroneous claim. I've had fantastic chiropractic care myself, but they are not physicians ( and neither are DPTs, the current entry level degree for my own profession), DOs and MDs are.

Any who, the concept could work, but you still need to strengthen and maintain the flexibility of your core muscles which include your pelvic floor ( that means kegels for us too gentlemen), glutes, obliques, spinal rotators and extenders ( 6 pack muscles actually do nothing for spine stability or strength) and while this will help give your body feedback, it puts you in the device's preferred alignment, not necessarily your spine's.

All that being said, I'd be interested to see how your symptoms change with its use, so if it helps ( or not), please do share. Golf swings, not matter how smooth and effortless they can appear, involve a ton a spinal movements and rotational motions tend to cause faster degenerative changes over time than most other movements.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Thanks for the info and I'm sure you can hop over to http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/17594-body-aches-pains/ and give us a couple stretches for us old or young coots with sore backs.  Any pre round stretches and even post round stretches would be appreciated!   Thanks

I used MP25 for my 6 & 7 irons last year, did not hit them well.

Hit my M5 8-9 great, thinking about a 6-7 MP5 for 2017.

• Like 1

Come on Callaway! Let's get the official Big Bertha EPIC announcement out there and get some test clubs out to the fitters. I keep reading about how great these seem to perform and I must hit them now. I'm pretty sure it's going to add about 25 yards to my tee shots, just based on what I'm reading anyway. :) haha

Somebody report the spammer already!

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

Thinking of a new bag. '17 S.M. C130, like the strapping to the cart system & the 4 fwd pockets

• Like 1

Thinking of a new bag. '17 S.M. C130, like the strapping to the cart system & the 4 fwd pockets

The C130 is an awesome bag.  Next time I shop for a new bag I will have to back to the SM.

The C130 is an awesome bag. Next time I shop for a new bag I will have to back to the SM.

I too regret getting rid of mine