Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Random Thread

ole gray

On 12/1/2020 at 8:04 AM, Kenny B said:

Heard a loud BANG.  This is the 3rd time since we moved into our house last December that it has happened, so fortunately I know what it is.

The first time I heard it, I was up and running around to see if we still had a house (my first house with gas heat)!!  Never found anything wrong.  Then I got a knock on the front door.  The City maintenance crew was outside wanting access to my backyard (fenced with locked gate).  I have a power pole on my back property line and a squirrel got fried.  It's not even a power pole to my house, so I don't lose power (we have underground power lines from the street).  

I looked at the power pole, and sure enough... dead squirrel.  Must have been the mate to the one that was fried 6 weeks ago.  I'm not sure what the City will do if we are not home; probably find the padlock on the gate cut.

Another BANG!  Another squirrel.  I wonder when the City will move this pole out of my yard.  It doesn't provide power to any houses around me.  Power comes out of the ground in a conduit, up the pole and the lines go somewhere else.  I wouldn't mind it being gone; it interferes with location for a backyard putting green!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

You should replace those Chevy bowties with Holden badges and see what kind of crazy looks you get 😁

If it fit right, I'd be very tempted to!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

@tony@CIC not the best quality because I was driving, but here you go.

Low Beam
856541456_lowbeam.jpg.8186c26d5d96b88d6903d98ffe9f0c7f.jpg

High Beam
1761950217_highbeam.jpg.4cd57620d0251603d9b7613a800b933a.jpg

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 12/8/2020 at 12:39 PM, Chip Strokes said:

i have a buddy who moved out to Henderson, NV 20 years ago from new york and he loves it.  vegas is warm and cheap, so those boxes are definitely ticked.  i think you'll be surprised by how infrequently you go to the strip though.  

Yeah it is kinda like down here living at the beach. Have not been to the beach in 5 years and I am only half a mile off of it as the crow flies. Got tired of the Touron idiots. Another thing down here is the Grand Strand is so big that you tend to stick to your end of the beach per say. One of my buds from Charlotte can not fathom as to why I do not know what is going on with courses on the North end. And really since joining my current club a year ago I am very happy with the course and the people running it and the other members. I have only played 2 other courses in the last year

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 12/7/2020 at 9:27 PM, Kenny B said:

Redneck tool... I wondered if this was something @BIG STU invented.

IMG_5455.jpg.475d21272c1fc63ec25b75e6d1524132.jpg

Redneck schmedneck... that looks dang right useful.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Dang!  I never got one!!

123554810_AtomicLab.jpg.743c8a5e07e0eed378273731e9e8b233.jpg

But I do have a piece of graphite from the core of the first nuclear power plant in the world.

That is a cool souvenir. As for the kit it seems crazy now but how many people did buy it for their kids. It was put in everything back when radioactive elements were first discovered, even toothpaste

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/12732/9-ways-people-used-radium-we-understood-risks

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

im such a nerd

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

[mention=68414]tony@CIC[/mention] not the best quality because I was driving, but here you go.

Low Beam
856541456_lowbeam.jpg.8186c26d5d96b88d6903d98ffe9f0c7f.jpg

High Beam
1761950217_highbeam.jpg.4cd57620d0251603d9b7613a800b933a.jpg

Holy high beams

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

@Tom the Golf Nutthat really sucks. there’s a bunch of different ways that guy could have handled the situation that wouldn’t have left you standing there with your dick in your hand. 

to your question: nope. not once not ever has playing with better golfers intimidated me or made me question going out there. i’m not very good so i’m usually playing with people better than me. i always consider it an opportunity to learn something new 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

8 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So I'm posing this question. Is anyone else intimidated playing with better players? (for those that are lower handicaps you can go from memory to when you were a high handicap)

I am not bothered by playing with someone,  but I know people that are.   Had an experience in my companies golf league;  someone was paired with a vice president and he made me switch so he didn't have to play with him.  Wasn't about how good or bad he was;  it was simply based on the level in the company.   

From a player perspective; perhaps he felt like he would be holding you up or something.  Hard to say;  but people in general are odd and I put myself in that category 🙂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

So here's a weird and disappointing thing that happened to me yesterday. So around 1:00 I headed over to the golf course to play 18 and get some mileage on the Gamer balls I'm testing. I get to the course and see someone that I played with before in the parking lot. I waited a minute for him to get ready. We walked back to the pro shop and cart area chit chatting about life on the way. The parking lot was packed but it was also 65 degrees so I guess everyone had the bug. We get to the carts and there is only one left. He puts his bag on the cart and said that he couldn't play with me because I was too good and he didn't want to feel worse about his game. So I said to him it doesn't matter if you shoot par or 130. As long as you are having a good time who cares. Then he said "well it matters to me." He then drove off to the first tee. So now I'm standing there with no cart and a cart bag not good for walking with a back not made for carrying golf bags especially a single strap bag.  So now disappointed and dumbfounded, I went over to the practice area to do some ball testing instead of playing 18 with the Gamer.  
But you wait for a guy and then he takes the last cart and leaves you standing there full well knowing it was the last cart and you waited for him. The golf pro even said it was the last cart. But I just don't get it. He is a nice guy, we talk weekly. I'm usually leaving the course and he is getting there. So we talk in the parking lot a bit or in passing along the way.  
So this has been bothering me since yesterday. I don't know how I should take it. I'm mad that I waited. Because I would have got to the cart first and would have invited him to play with me even if there were plenty of carts. I also feel bad that he feels that he is not good enough to play with me and it would bother him. We did play together once and that was when he saw how I played. 
So I'm posing this question. Is anyone else intimidated playing with better players? (for those that are lower handicaps you can go from memory to when you were a high handicap)

Short answer is no. I always liked playing w better players. It was motivating and also learned a lot.
Guy has a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Nope, I have never been intimidated by better players. Quite the opposite, they challenge me to raise my game to the next level.

Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Exactly

Rick

Left Hand, 

Nope, I have never been intimidated by better players. Quite the opposite, they challenge me to raise my game to the next level.

Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

I'm with Foz on this one. If I had a choice , I'd always prefer to play with better players - the lower their index the better. I end up playing much better and as long as I'm playing fast they don't care.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

25 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So here's a weird and disappointing thing that happened to me yesterday. So around 1:00 I headed over to the golf course to play 18 and get some mileage on the Gamer balls I'm testing. I get to the course and see someone that I played with before in the parking lot. I waited a minute for him to get ready. We walked back to the pro shop and cart area chit chatting about life on the way. The parking lot was packed but it was also 65 degrees so I guess everyone had the bug. We get to the carts and there is only one left. He puts his bag on the cart and said that he couldn't play with me because I was too good and he didn't want to feel worse about his game. So I said to him it doesn't matter if you shoot par or 130. As long as you are having a good time who cares. Then he said "well it matters to me." He then drove off to the first tee. So now I'm standing there with no cart and a cart bag not good for walking with a back not made for carrying golf bags especially a single strap bag.  So now disappointed and dumbfounded, I went over to the practice area to do some ball testing instead of playing 18 with the Gamer.  

But you wait for a guy and then he takes the last cart and leaves you standing there full well knowing it was the last cart and you waited for him. The golf pro even said it was the last cart. But I just don't get it. He is a nice guy, we talk weekly. I'm usually leaving the course and he is getting there. So we talk in the parking lot a bit or in passing along the way.  

So this has been bothering me since yesterday. I don't know how I should take it. I'm mad that I waited. Because I would have got to the cart first and would have invited him to play with me even if there were plenty of carts. I also feel bad that he feels that he is not good enough to play with me and it would bother him. We did play together once and that was when he saw how I played. 

That’s just wild. I mean keeping a cool head during that convo I give you the thumbs up 👍. For the question haven’t we all played with better? I know for me it’s what’s made me get better. Unless you’re some phenom I think we will always be doing that. I am sure if he had that attitude he will not get better. 
glad you got some practice in!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

That’s just wild. I mean keeping a cool head during that convo I give you the thumbs up 👍. For the question haven’t we all played with better? I know for me it’s what’s made me get better. Unless you’re some phenom I think we will always be doing that. I am sure if he had that attitude he will not get better. 
glad you got some practice in!

I'm playing tomorrow so It's all good. I live in the bible belt. The course is all mine until around 12:00. That's when it starts to get busy with people filtering in from brunch after church.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Just now, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm playing tomorrow so It's all good. I live in the bible belt. The course is all mine until around 12:00. That's when it starts to get busy with people filtering in from brunch after church.

We’ll tear the course up to make up for the day

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

36 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Like everyone else I don't care who I golf with I just want to golf when I can and I play my own game

51 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Me I will play with anyone as long as they are good company. I actually like to play with those better than me because me being as competitive person as I am It makes me knuckle down and concentrate. That guy you described seems to be a real Richard Noggin if you ask me. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I can understand it if the person has only played with people of equal or worse ability.  Some people are intimidated and feel like they are just "in the way" when playing with someone much better, even if you say "it doesn't matter if you shoot par or 130".  

However, that's not me.  When I was just learning the game in 1991, I was the worst player in the Men's League.  I spent my time during a round watching the better players to learn what was different about their game compared to mine...  pretty much everything!!  

Clearly, that person feels more comfortable being the "top dog" in his usual groups.  However, if he is a nice guy that you like chatting with, be positive and maybe he will change his mind.  Don't rush him.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I can understand it if the person has only played with people of equal or worse ability.  Some people are intimidated and feel like they are just "in the way" when playing with someone much better, even if you say "it doesn't matter if you shoot par or 130".  

However, that's not me.  When I was just learning the game in 1991, I was the worst player in the Men's League.  I spent my time during a round watching the better players to learn what was different about their game compared to mine...  pretty much everything!!  

Clearly, that person feels more comfortable being the "top dog" in his usual groups.  However, if he is a nice guy that you like chatting with, be positive and maybe he will change his mind.  Don't rush him.

Just not the best approach on his end that’s the tough part. You explain the way you just did no problem 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

19 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Dang!  I never got one!!

But I do have a piece of graphite from the core of the first nuclear power plant in the world.

I noticed that when we've played 🙂.

GIF 1980s 80s glowing green eyes - animated GIF on GIFER

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Dang!  I never got one!!

Remember AC Gilbert Company well, they were a big deal Toy company in New Haven Ct. for years.

Rick

Left Hand,