Got Problems?

ole gray

Not sure if this bothers anyone else. When I get to the course I like to putt, chip and hit a few balls but mostly putt to get a feel for speed of the greens as they vary a lot here.

What gets my fat arse upset is when the guys also practice putting stand on top of one of the practice holes and putt to another hole, in effect tying up 2 holes. Then they start bulls$&$$ing with the other old farts.

I usually putt at their feet if their blocking the hole some get the message others r oblivious.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Not sure if this bothers anyone else. When I get to the course I like to putt, chip and hit a few balls but mostly putt to get a feel for speed of the greens as they vary a lot here.

What gets my fat arse upset is when the guys also practice putting stand on top of one of the practice holes and putt to another hole, in effect tying up 2 holes. Then they start bulls$&$$ing with the other old farts.

I usually putt at their feet if their blocking the hole some get the message others r oblivious.

Our super and I watch the putting green every day at lunch from the clubhouse.

I would say at least 75% of the players do that. Drives me crazy as well!!!

They are completely oblivious.

2nd in line are the guys that take 50 foot putts on a completely full putting green just because there is an empty cup all the way on the other side.

Either step back a few feet and repeat the same hole or turn around and putt to a spot near the fringe.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Our super and I watch the putting green every day at lunch from the clubhouse.

I would say at least 75% of the players do that. Drives me crazy as well!!!

They are completely oblivious.

2nd in line are the guys that take 50 foot putts on a completely full putting green just because there is an empty cup all the way on the other side.

Either step back a few feet and repeat the same hole or turn around and putt to a spot near the fringe.

3rd and not to be forgotten are the guys who chip, lob shots on a full practice green with a "putting only" sign. Occasionally a mishit and nail some poor slob.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3rd and not to be forgotten are the guys who chip, lob shots on a full practice green with a "putting only" sign. Occasionally a mishit and nail some poor slob.

Oh you mean the "rules only apply to others, not me" guys. Yep...got several of them as well.

I hate the guys that putt on the chipping green.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Exactly. Often, I'll be putting to one hole with the flag out, using three balls, and guys will start putting to my hole even when there are several other ones open. "I'll be out of your way in a second," they say. It's crazy!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I hate the guys that putt on the chipping green.

Yep that as well. We have both and it's clearly visible which is which but nobody abides by either protocol.

Our putting green is 50 yards long (I know as I measured it once). I do plead guilty to on s cold winters day when we have nobody on the course. Going out and practicing 55 yard pitch shots from the rough about 5 yards off the green. Trying to get as close to the far edge as possible.

Bit this is on days we have like 5 rounds on the books and nobody practicing.

okay... I ordered a putter from 3balls in like new condition and it was listed at 34 inches...

attachicon.gifputter_33_order.JPG

got it yesterday and it felt a little short so I measured it. (I laid it down on the couch for the pic but I also leaned it up against the wall and both came out at 33)

attachicon.gifputter_33.jpg

33 inches! ... and there were more scuffs/nicks then I expected for like new...

...and it had a junky grip (karma!?!) which they didn't really describe in the listing...

Now what do I do? Add an extension? Play it at 33? Contact them and ask for some sort of replacement?

I checked and they don't have a black protype in 34... there's the 'black series' but I'm really interested in the protype with the all black head/shaft.

I'm not too worried about the grip as I can find plenty of affordable alternatives...

Oh yeah - I called Odyssey and gave them the serial number on the putter... apparently they stopped doing that a while ago but the guy was still able to look it up. It was a 35 inch putter(!) that someone must have cut down to 33...

If it's me, I'm definitely calling to see what they can do... especially if it's in a little rougher condition than you expected.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

My golf course has leagues every Mon, Tue, and Wed afternoon/evenings.  Monday night is the league for my company from which I retired 2 years ago.  I could still play in it as a retiree, but I don't.

Three weeks ago on Monday we had a big storm blow through; thunder/lightning, 0.5 inches rain in 5 minutes with 50 mph wind.  Needless to say, they canceled league that night.

Sooooo, last night was the make-up night.  Thursday and Friday nights are when my wife and I play after she gets off work.  We get to the course and find out that the league is on the course, but we can go off right behind them at 5:45.  We cart up and at 5:30 there is no one on the first hole and I can see a group on the 2nd green.  OK, let's go!!  We caught the group on #3.  We waited... and waited.  Played #4 and a single showed up behind us, so he joined us on #5.  We waited... we waited... and waited.  #6... waited and waited some more.  When we finished #7 and there were two groups on the par 3 #8, a group on the #9 tee and another in the fairway, we called it quits and headed to the clubhouse at 7:30.  TWO HOURS to play 7 holes!!  My memory was refreshed as to why I don't play in that league anymore.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My golf course has leagues every Mon, Tue, and Wed afternoon/evenings. Monday night is the league for my company from which I retired 2 years ago. I could still play in it as a retiree, but I don't.

Three weeks ago on Monday we had a big storm blow through; thunder/lightning, 0.5 inches rain in 5 minutes with 50 mph wind. Needless to say, they canceled league that night.

Sooooo, last night was the make-up night. Thursday and Friday nights are when my wife and I play after she gets off work. We get to the course and find out that the league is on the course, but we can go off right behind them at 5:45. We cart up and at 5:30 there is no one on the first hole and I can see a group on the 2nd green. OK, let's go!! We caught the group on #3. We waited... and waited. Played #4 and a single showed up behind us, so he joined us on #5. We waited... we waited... and waited. #6... waited and waited some more. When we finished #7 and there were two groups on the par 3 #8, a group on the #9 tee and another in the fairway, we called it quits and headed to the clubhouse at 7:30. TWO HOURS to play 7 holes!! My memory was refreshed as to why I don't play in that league anymore.

That's pretty much the norm for our evening leagues. 2.5 hours when we send off 60 plus players shotgun and a good number of those are going to shoot over 50.

got it yesterday and it felt a little short so I measured it. (I laid it down on the couch for the pic but I also leaned it up against the wall and both came out at 33)

Most people don't measure a putter that way. You are going down the shaft which is the way ping used to measure. Putter measurement is typically end of the grip to bottom center of the clubface; basically where it touches the ground. I bet it adds close to an inch to your measurement

Karma grips aren't that bad. Inexpensive alternative sold through hireko golf. Played a few when I was looking for a cheap experiment. Kind of like the grip one line from golfworks.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

That's pretty much the norm for our evening leagues. 2.5 hours when we send off 60 plus players shotgun and a good number of those are going to shoot over 50.

After work evening leagues are notoriously sloooowww. They r in no rush until the 9th fareway and they see the neon Red Budweiser sign in the window.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Our leagues are not shotgun.  Tee times start around 3:30 and some nights the last one is around 5:45.  I remember when I played in that league in the early spring or fall, I played the last hole in the dark.  Difficult for a 20+ handicapper back then!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Our putting green is 50 yards long (I know as I measured it once). I do plead guilty to on s cold winters day when we have nobody on the course. Going out and practicing 55 yard pitch shots from the rough about 5 yards off the green. Trying to get as close to the far edge as possible.

Bit this is on days we have like 5 rounds on the books and nobody practicing.

I have no problem with that, and would imagine no one would.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Black Series Tour Design >>> Protype

BSTD is the best putter odyssey ever made

Hmmm... searched and searched but I can't really see the difference between them other than the tungsten insert on the BSTD.  Any particular reason why you like that one better?  

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I just thought of myself as Big.   I just saw a picture of me....I was wrong...I'm a FAT ASS!    

I just thought of myself as Big.   I just saw a picture of me....I was wrong...I'm a FAT ASS!    

lol, I know what you mean!  Doing parent and me swim classes with my 2 year old daughter.  My mom took some pics when I was out of the pool getting my daughter to jump in to the instructor, OMG I still look fat!!!  Have lost 20 pounds, looks like I have at least 20 more to go!

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ Red 6S

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 16

rivl.jpg.451a4db0b8a2d10598295b520557b7c9.jpg  Rivl 52 Black

rivl.jpg.451a4db0b8a2d10598295b520557b7c9.jpg  Rivl 58 Black

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

lol, I know what you mean!  Doing parent and me swim classes with my 2 year old daughter.  My mom took some pics when I was out of the pool getting my daughter to jump in to the instructor, OMG I still look fat!!!  Have lost 20 pounds, looks like I have at least 20 more to go!

I feel your pain. it was almost as frightening as when I saw my swing on video last month...LOL

lol, I know what you mean! Doing parent and me swim classes with my 2 year old daughter. My mom took some pics when I was out of the pool getting my daughter to jump in to the instructor, OMG I still look fat!!! Have lost 20 pounds, looks like I have at least 20 more to go!

We and me both!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Pounds are not lost... they just go some place else.  Your welcome!  Don't send me any more!!

Pounds are not lost... they just go some place else. Your welcome! Don't send me any more!!

Problem is I'm the guy who finds the lost ones

Rick

Left Hand, 

Problem is I'm the guy who finds the lost ones

LOL, That's pretty funny!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I was at the VA today in Athens, Ga. working with a rep to get some more info added to an appeal I have pending.  All my fellow veterans know what a pain in the arse it is to get an appeal processed and passed.  Sooooooo much red tape and bull crap to deal with.  Plus you get to wait three or more years before your case is finally pulled up.  Well I'm on the docket again working on an upgrade to my pension due to more damage found from Agent Orange.    Ya'll pray for me!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I was at the VA today in Athens, Ga. working with a rep to get some more info added to an appeal I have pending. All my fellow veterans know what a pain in the arse it is to get an appeal processed and passed. Sooooooo much red tape and bull crap to deal with. Plus you get to wait three or more years before your case is finally pulled up. Well I'm on the docket again working on an upgrade to my pension due to more damage found from Agent Orange. Ya'll pray for me!

Sure will. The VA is getting better probably because of current administration and everyone is now aware of the VA recent history of bad leadership.

From what I'm told the VA's in our general Florida area are improving a lot. Hopefully your area VA will also get it together.

Good luck, all vets should get what they need without the red tape c@@p.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Sure will. The VA is getting better probably because of current administration and everyone is now aware of the VA recent history of bad leadership.

From what I'm told the VA's in our general Florida area are improving a lot. Hopefully your area VA will also get it together.

Good luck, all vets should get what they need without the red tape c@@p.

Yea I agree that things will be better in once the new leadership and guidelines are steadfast.  The VA Administration has been a joke for the last several years.  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)