Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

New work screw over. They're trying to say that I'm looking after my son, which reduces my pay to 2/3rds, when they told me I had to quarantine. I sent them an email over the weekend and will have to see what they say before I get the union involved.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

2020 continues its wrath and I am back in the got problems thread.  Got a call from my wife that my Mother fell in her apartment and broke her thigh bone.  She's in the hospital (fortunately I can visit during visiting hours) and will have to have surgery.   Issue is we need to figure out how to do this since she is only a few months out from her heart attack/stent/blood thinners and need to determine if the orthopedic will do the surgery without taking her off meds.   I haven't talked to the Ortho but my wife did and they are talking a rod, plate, and possibly could even require knee replacement.  At 85, this is going to be a long recovery road for her.  
Kind of glad this thread it here to just let us vent a little. 

Really sorry to hear this. We are are pulling for her to a fast recovery. Take care of yourself also.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

54 minutes ago, cnosil said:

2020 continues its wrath and I am back in the got problems thread.  Got a call from my wife that my Mother fell in her apartment and broke her thigh bone.  She's in the hospital (fortunately I can visit during visiting hours) and will have to have surgery.   Issue is we need to figure out how to do this since she is only a few months out from her heart attack/stent/blood thinners and need to determine if the orthopedic will do the surgery without taking her off meds.   I haven't talked to the Ortho but my wife did and they are talking a rod, plate, and possibly could even require knee replacement.  At 85, this is going to be a long recovery road for her.  

Most of the times they will only stop the meds for a few days then they start them right back because the thinners help with the lack of movement. Sometimes they don't stop them at all. Good luck 

16 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Most of the times they will only stop the meds for a few days then they start them right back because the thinners help with the lack of movement. Sometimes they don't stop them at all. Good luck 

That is what we are trying to figure out.  The cardiologist at the hospitals recommendation; based on my mothers history, is that the Ortho do the surgery without stopping the meds.  After the stent, her cardiologist said that she had to take her medication every day..no exceptions.   If the Ortho is willing to do the surgery while she is on the meds, then no issue.  If not,  then we have to have more discussions.  I am calling her cardiologist to get his thoughts on stopping the meds. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

I hope everything works out with the Ortho.  Those docs work miracles these days!!  Prayers coming your way.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

All the best to your Mother @cnosil.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Prayers up for your mom and for the doctors making the decisions.  Hoping for a quick and straightforward recovery 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Updated driver swing by learning to focus on torso and shoulder turn quickness in the downswing, perfected on range, and then added 20 yards playing first round since change on Sunday. My problem is that have never had a fully specialized driver swing so it affected iron play.   A fast body turn hitting up is a disaster for a needed accurate 8 iron with spin.

Is there a mental trick to changing from driver mode to iron mode?      

Driver - 2023 Callaway Paradym 9.0, 3 Wood -2022 Rogue ST Max, 3 Hybrid Mavrik, 2017 X-forged 4-PW, Wedges Callaway 50-56-60, Putter Odyssey Toulon Chicago     

Hoping all goes well for your Mum @cnosil.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

10 hours ago, cnosil said:

Sorry to hear that - here's hoping for a speedy recovery

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 11/8/2020 at 4:23 PM, Shankster said:

Pretty sure my golf season is over.  The past 2 days I’ve had some pretty bad shoulder pains.  Left shoulder is very stiff, making an appointment to get checked out soon. 😢

Update: stiffness is gone.  

After my surgery a few years ago I had a huge knot on my bicep tendon.  It’s back, just had to use a roller to quiet it down a little.

well, damn...

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Anyone got a solution for field mice? Have tried peanut butter on a mouse trap but this sucker is smart. Have had to rearrange my cabinets after he got in all of our chips and cereals lately. Even worse he almost knocked a bottle of my good bourbon off the shelf the other day. Really need to get this little guy.

... After trying several different humane traps that hopefully caused instant death without a ton of success, I found these two winters ago and they have worked extremely well. I am sure you know it ain't usually just one guy and sadly I was emptying 2 traps almost every day for over a week before I started to find empty traps. 

https://www.lowes.com/pd/TOMCAT-Tomcat-Press-Set-2-Count-Mouse-Trap/50259657

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

The big TV in the man cave blew it's bulb (yes, bulb) on Sunday. Ordered a replacement and it didn't work. Amazon replaced that one and it didn't work. I believe the issue is the TV itself and I have to shell out for a new one today, which wasn't exactly on the cards. I know, first world problems.

In the bag:

Bag: 

The big TV in the man cave blew it's bulb (yes, bulb) on Sunday. Ordered a replacement and it didn't work. Amazon replaced that one and it didn't work. I believe the issue is the TV itself and I have to shell out for a new one today, which wasn't exactly on the cards. I know, first world problems.

It’s masters week, that elevates the problem to being very serious!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 hours ago, Tpoole22 said:

Anyone got a solution for field mice? Have tried peanut butter on a mouse trap but this sucker is smart. Have had to rearrange my cabinets after he got in all of our chips and cereals lately. Even worse he almost knocked a bottle of my good bourbon off the shelf the other day. Really need to get this little guy.

FYI there's always more than one. 😉

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

12 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

well, damn...

MA just did this similar plan. It’s crazy. Wasn’t going out to restaurants anyway but....curfew? Damn I didn’t even have that when I was 12

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

FYI there's always more than one. 

Unfortunately that’s true. In CT we had a farm/fields in back of us. Every Fall when it turns cold they thought our basement was winter residence. Tried every method to combat them every year.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

15 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

MA just did this similar plan. It’s crazy. Wasn’t going out to restaurants anyway but....curfew? Damn I didn’t even have that when I was 12

haha yeah i know. it’s gonna be a mess trying to kick people out of bars at 10pm. 

we haven’t been out to eat since March. my wife was pregnant for all of quarantine, and now we’ve got a 2 month old with this second wave hitting. 

thank god i built a gym in the garage. 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

9 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I see a trend in Maryland... I bet we are in lockdown by thanksgiving... 

I have a feeling most schools will be remote again announced before thanksgiving for after the holiday

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

49 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I have a feeling most schools will be remote again announced before thanksgiving for after the holiday

a buddy of mine is a personal trainer for a couple of teachers. 

they showed him an email from their district superintendent that said they should consider not getting together with family for thanksgiving in order to stay healthy for school. 

😂😂 that’s gotta be the most backwards thing i’ve ever heard 

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

haha yeah i know. it’s gonna be a mess trying to kick people out of bars at 10pm. 

we haven’t been out to eat since March. my wife was pregnant for all of quarantine, and now we’ve got a 2 month old with this second wave hitting. 

thank god i built a gym in the garage. 

Yep, i built a gym in the garage too, best decision ever.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

28 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Yep, i built a gym in the garage too, best decision ever.

let’s see it!!

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

let’s see it!!

I don't know if anyone actually wants to see it, its a mess. But what i have in the garage gym includes:

• Rogue Olympic barbell
  • Rogue Bumper plates
    • 4 X 45
    • 2 X 35
    • 2 X 25
    • 2 X 15
  • Ironmaster adjustable dumbbells
  • Adjustable bench
  • 2 X sandbags
  • Misc. fitness bands
  • Plyo Box

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4