Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

MGS testing opportunities

Peterpc2828

I'm with Dang3r on this one, I apply quite often as well. I do leave my name out on products that I know I won't be able to do justice, and write up a good review for. I'm an equipment ho, this goes for golf and during the winter when my other hobby rolls around. I love trying new things out, and giving my thoughts on them. I'm always reading about equipment and trying to help out the few guys I golf with that aren't very knowledgeable about certain items. It's just fun.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I do apply for almost everything. I have two reasons for this. One, only testing stuff you think you'll like is a form of bias. Go in with an open mind. Irons are too, "GI" you don't, "get along" with brand X? You've never tried this stuff, how do you know? Maybe it will work great for you, maybe that will inspire another person similar to you to give it a shot! On the other hand, if you go in with the attitude of, "I'm gonna love this!" That isn't exactly an unbiased opinion either!

So, my second reason for applying often is, I really like reviewing things. I love equipment, I love testing it out, I love sharing what I found with other people. The review process itself is fun! In fact, the only reason I haven't applied for much recently is because I was selected for the Ping irons and I want to focus on giving them a proper review.

Now, I'm not taking a dig at anyone who tests left often for the reasons I stated above. Those are all excellent reasons, they just aren't reasons for me! Happy testing!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Really good thought on that, and a perspective I hadn't thought of.  Maybe I will try to broaden my horizon's on the ones I enter.  But I also fear looking greedy, but I figure, let the Staff sort that out if they feel someone has tested too often or too recently.   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So, here's my issue when considering applying for an iron test. After a lot of expensive trial and error, I've come to the realization that I can hit any iron well with Steelfiber shafts. They just fit me for some reason. These are not a cheap upgrade option and no equipment manufacturer is going to offer these for their test, so I feel like I wouldn't be doing an iron test justice at this point when my current iron set and shafts fit me so well.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

I apply for those items I know I'll enjoy testing and giving honest feedback on. There's some things that I don't feel I can give much feedback on because of interest, time or weather (darn winter) so I leave them alone.

It does amaze me how few posts most of those that apply have. I was going through the EPIC thread and it seemed most had 10 posts or less, as if their only posts are to test or win products. But I guess that doesn't surprise me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I would love the opportunity to test anything, unfortunately I'm in New Zealand and we get no love at all....

Not true mate. Peaksy in WA, Australia got chosen for testing in the last week or so.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Not true mate. Peaksy in WA, Australia got chosen for testing in the last week or so.

It was MDumble, don't ever accuse me of being in WA! I'm a Victorian and proud of it. Could have been worse, I could have been called a New South Welshman, hate all of them!

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

It was MDumble, don't ever accuse me of being in WA! I'm a Victorian and proud of it.

Sorry mate, thought it was you.

Could have been worse, I could have been called a New South Welshman, hate all of them!

So now I know where I stand... :P

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I had an opportunity to test a sleeve of balls for Titleist last year. Played the balls making notes on performance and then submitted on line. Never saw anything on results of the tests or thoughts on future balls available because of testing. Kind of a bummer.

planet earth

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I don't apply for anything because I can't play enough to give an honest evaluation. Not only that, I have no desire to spend the time writing a comprehensive review..... although, I do appreciate those of you that do!

Early on at my time here at MGS, I've been offered a couple of opportunities to test stuff. I really appreciate the offers..... honest. I just don't have the time or money to play enough so, instead of taking an opportunity from someone who does, I just respectfully decline.

I don't apply for anything because I can't play enough to give an honest evaluation. Not only that, I have no desire to spend the time writing a comprehensive review..... although, I do appreciate those of you that do!

Early on at my time here at MGS, I've been offered a couple of opportunities to test stuff. I really appreciate the offers..... honest. I just don't have the time or money to play enough so, instead of taking an opportunity from someone who does, I just respectfully decline.

that's great s&b!  It must be tempting seeing all of these chances so I really appreciate and respect your integrity.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I do apply for almost everything. I have two reasons for this. One, only testing stuff you think you'll like is a form of bias. Go in with an open mind. Irons are too, "GI" you don't, "get along" with brand X? You've never tried this stuff, how do you know? Maybe it will work great for you, maybe that will inspire another person similar to you to give it a shot! On the other hand, if you go in with the attitude of, "I'm gonna love this!" That isn't exactly an unbiased opinion either!

So, my second reason for applying often is, I really like reviewing things. I love equipment, I love testing it out, I love sharing what I found with other people. The review process itself is fun! In fact, the only reason I haven't applied for much recently is because I was selected for the Ping irons and I want to focus on giving them a proper review.

Now, I'm not taking a dig at anyone who tests left often for the reasons I stated above. Those are all excellent reasons, they just aren't reasons for me! Happy testing!

That's a better way to put it than what I said. Example being the Q-star testing... I bought a sleeve at the start of the year and screwed around a bit with them, but with softer balls once I get around the green I don't do very well with scrambling.... And I have to scramble.... A lot... Lol

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It does amaze me how few posts most of those that apply have. I was going through the EPIC thread and it seemed most had 10 posts or less, as if their only posts are to test or win products. But I guess that doesn't surprise me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You know as well as I do it's like that everywhere. You should t be surprised, lol

I haven't been here long but I'll bet those who choose testers easily and quickly weed out the hit and run posters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

What those, who only apply to test, don't realize is what a great place this is just to talk about golf with amazing people. I've been a member of other forums where as soon as you post something the negative comments comments start rolling in and you have to sort through to find the meaningful ones. You also don't get a lot of repeat topics like some of the other sites, ie "Anybody hit the new EPIC?", "The new EPIC is EPIC!", "Is the EPIC the best driver this year?" It goes on and on with repeat topics that never end and people telling them this has already been discussed a 100 times. This is why MGS rocks, we don't have any of those issues. Everyone is kind to new members and contributes exceptionally well in the forums. It's awesome to see.

Well I recently got slammed on MGS for a post made in excitement I was really surprised because I am new here and truthfully it looks like one particular member Jlukes just does that often to other members. I really am interested in testing a product specifically drivers or shafts because I game a Nike Ignite and every driver I have tried so far can't beat it. So naturally I got really excited about the Epic driver and in my excitement called it a contest. I made a mistake and was slammed on here honestly have almost deleted my account a couple of times because of it believe me I have a big family so I don't need extra drama in my life.

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Well I recently got slammed on MGS for a post made in excitement I was really surprised because I am new here and truthfully it looks like one particular member Jlukes just does that often to other members. I really am interested in testing a product specifically drivers or shafts because I game a Nike Ignite and every driver I have tried so far can't beat it. So naturally I got really excited about the Epic driver and in my excitement called it a contest. I made a mistake and was slammed on here honestly have almost deleted my account a couple of times because of it believe me I have a big family so I don't need extra drama in my life.

So I don't want to make this a big deal. I simply want to see whatever small "beef" that is here, end.

I went back and reread the comments that you made and that jlukes and other members made back.

You made a comment, whether in error or not, and jlukes simply responded to "correct" you. You argued back through a second post trying to defend your point of view that this was a contest. You were never slammed in any way. As other members said - this is a testing opportunity not a contest. MGS and it's members take these testing opportunities VERY seriously and the correction of contest to testing opportunity is important to keep the integrity of said test.

With that being said - welcome to MGS and we're happy to have you here. I'm personally excited to see so many people, including yourself, excited to not only have opportunities to test great equipment but also participate in the forums with us.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Hang in there Geek, members take these very unique opportunities extremely seriously, there are obviously people on here that just apply for free gear, can't blame them for the comments, keep participating!

Hang in there Geek, members take these very unique opportunities extremely seriously, there are obviously people on here that just apply for free gear, can't blame them for the comments, keep participating!

This  ^^^^^^^^^^  perfectly stated!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

@geekinggolf - Looks like you've got a few posts on the forum and you filled out your profile with a pic(!).  Keep up the good work and don't let a few comments bother you.  I'm sure your enthusiasm was misunderstood.  there are good people on here who just want to share their experiences and talk about all things golf.

explore around and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay... getting selected to test is just one of many, many great things about this community.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Unbiased product testing and reviews are one of the most critical pieces of what makes MGS a great website. MGS takes testing extremely seriously and puts a lot of thought into who will be chosen as testers. There are a lot of new members that join just to be chosen for a product and don't spend a great deal of time in the rest of the forums. The members that have been chosen to test have contributed a lot to the website and created a great community, so sometime people get fired up when they think that new members don't understand how the testing works or just joined because they think they will be randomly selected to test a product. Don't take any of it personally. If you really want to be chosen as a tester, focus on items such as the quality of your posts and always proofread before posting to check for any mistakes in grammar or spelling. Make sure to post some high quality pictures at some point to show MGS you have the ability to write a high quality review and that you will put some effort into it. These are the keys to having an opportunity to test the products on here. 

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

geekinggolf...Others have covered what goes into testing, so I wont' continue to belabor that. (it is a lot by the way  :D )

But mostly want to say, I personally love new members that show enthusiasm, and you have that.  Keep doing that and jumping in where you want to contribute and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here quite a bit.   I laughed out loud at the large family and no more drama comment, sounds like it could have come from my Fiance!!

I simply corrected your incorrect statement.  I didn't slam you. I didn't attack you personally.  I simply corrected you.  And yes, I do make it a point to correct other members on here because I don't think factually incorrect posts should go uncorrected when thousands of people a day come to this site looking for information and are potentially mislead by posts that simply aren't true.

I used to be part of another site where members simply posted "hype" posts in response to testing opportunities and reviews and it grew old very fast.  It no longer became about the content and more about the hype and excitement.  

The MGS staff takes a lot into account when choosing testers - they try to get a good mix of veteran reviewers and new faces in the mix in order to keep the content fresh.  

I am sorry if I seemed out of line for correcting your posts about "winning" and "pulling names out of a hat" in a testing signup thread- I just don't want to see this site become The Hype and Pandering Part II.

I'm with you geek. Don't take it personally. Some guys get a little upset at times. I've gotten up on my hind legs a few times too. No harm as I blew it off as did everyone else and moved on. Sometimes we like to take ownership of this place but it's not ours. It belongs to MGS and they let us participate as long as we're (mostly) civil. There's a lot of good guys around here including Jlukes as you'll see.

Hang in there if you like and welcome to the MGS Forum.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I simply corrected your incorrect statement. I didn't slam you. I didn't attack you personally. I simply corrected you. And yes, I do make it a point to correct other members on here because I don't think factually incorrect posts should go uncorrected when thousands of people a day come to this site looking for information and are potentially mislead by posts that simply aren't true.

I used to be part of another site where members simply posted "hype" posts in response to testing opportunities and reviews and it grew old very fast. It no longer became about the content and more about the hype and excitement.

The MGS staff takes a lot into account when choosing testers - they try to get a good mix of veteran reviewers and new faces in the mix in order to keep the content fresh.

I am sorry if I seemed out of line for correcting your posts about "winning" and "pulling names out of a hat" in a testing signup thread- I just don't want to see this site become The Hype and Pandering Part II.

No apology needed I know you are just being you believe me I know there is a lot of work that goes into being a tester I have read a bunch of the reviews here. If someone here is scared of work then they shouldn't put there name in the hat. You are building quite the reputation here jlukes.

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

Best avoid - and put on ignore.Forums can get real ugly fast

Agreed.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I enjoy reading reviews.But being a contest winner never interested me.If I really want something I will just buy it.The hassle of trying to win just doesn't interest me at all

Hey Big Money beware jlukes is gonna get you

Bryson DeChambeau

Hey Big Money beware jlukes is gonna get you

I think we've heard enough of the personal jabs. It's getting a bit annoying. Let's try to keep this to content that is actually relative going forward.